315 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandyshb.com/
- Phone: 7143747273x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
LUNCH: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday 4:30 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Sunday & Monday 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mason Trapp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sandy's has several menus to accommodate your group of 12-250.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin 7143185148x
A word from Sandy's
Sandy’s serves the best of southern California: a vibrant beachfront setting on the sand at the Huntington Beach Pier, huge outdoor patio, an inviting oceanfront dining room and delicious regionally inspired cuisine. The extensive dinner and lunch menus offer something for everyone from fresh seafood and steaks to appetizers, burgers, flatbreads and salads. With our original menu that is locally sourced whenever possible and vast selection of California wines and craft beers, Sandy’s celebrates all that is authentically Californian. California is served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Sandy's reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (84)great for outdoor dining (64)great for lunch (48)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (29)special occasion (28)kid-friendly (27)romantic (17)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great Experience!pjspicksDined on 5/27/2014I've lived in So Cal all my life & have spent a lot of time in Huntington Beach, but had never eaten here. Came here this week to try it & had a great experience. Wait staff was attentive and friendly, the food was really good. It was lunch & I had a burger, but it was good & nicely presented! Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Very friendly!Yumi8Dined on 5/24/2014Even though we were late for our reservation, the servers were VERY friendly and considerate! They even gave part of our group free appetizers when we had to move to a smaller table (after our group went from 12 to 6). They gave my sister a free dessert and drink because it was her bachelorette party! The food was delicious. We had an awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Disappointments Here!ChitownativeDined on 5/23/2014Staying in Huntington Beach for a few nights, we wanted dinner and to watch the sunset on the water. Sandy's fulfilled everything we wanted. Their appetizer menu offered so many intersting items that we ordered 3 to split along with wine and just took our time to watch the 'show'. Beer battered green beans, skillet cornbread and a California cheese and sausage platter more than filled us up. The restaurant is right on the beach so it's a great place to people watch. The servers were very helpful but not intrusive. We capped our meal off with Hula Pie, 3 different flavors of ice cream with chocolate crust and hot fudge! We saw families, other couples and a large party of friends while we were there. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The following 396 reviews are from the Sandy's reviews archive.
- Breakfast BurgerkarenhoyDined on 5/18/2014Originally had a reservation at Duke's Sunday Brunch.... at the last minute decided we wanted something more casual and less expensive. We ended up at Sandy's and I am so happy we did! This restaurant was awesome! We had a nice table with a great beach view and the food was AMAZING! I highly recommend the Breakfast Burger!!! Walked out only spending about $50 (before tip) for a party of 4. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it on Mothers Day!TopSnapDined on 5/11/20145 of us ate at 630 reservatuons.. we were 15 min late .. they still got us a table within a few minutes.. service started slow. drinks took a little long ... everything else moved right along perfectly...Dessert took a little long... but well worth it ( bread pudding cake) That stuff is amazing!!! Food was great.. Popcorn shrimp was probably the most OK food of the night, all the entrees everyone loved. and the other appetizers were Superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNouraDined on 5/11/2014Went here for Mother's day. Everything was great. The portions are a bit small for a entree.Special Features:
- Good view but can be LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Prompt and friendly service. Nice view. Loud bar with the tv on during Mother's Day brunch - poor choice to leave tv on. They were screaming over the dumb basketball game. Food was tasty but portions are too small. I had a shrimp salad and had to request bread as I was still hungry. They should have added more lettuce at the very least. My relative had the mahi Mahi special and it was the smallest portion of fish I have ever seen served. They need to let up on their portion controls.Special Features:
- Mom's Day Fun!MikesfindsDined on 5/11/2014This was a special treat for our family and my wife and daughter for Mother's Day. This is the second year in a row we ahve chosen Sandy's for Mom's Day. Godd choice again. The menu selection was excellent and the food was awesome. Both my wife and daughter had a great time and enjoyed all that Sandy's had to offer. Service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So at Sandy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I went there for a Mother's Day buffet, but no buffet. I ordered the breakfast pizza, which I would not recommend. It was tasteless, crust was hard, and the pizza was cold. The others in my group kind of liked there meals, but they did not order the breakfast, so maybe the lunch menu is the way to go.Special Features:
- Great find !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Had never been to Huntington Beach so I had to simply pick a spot to eat..... Everything was terrific ....food....service and location. I had the fish and chips and it was absolutely delicious !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a ViewDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 5/4/2014It's all about the view here because the food, while good, is just average. The service was good and we enjoyed our afternoon lunch but again very average food with decent prices.Special Features:
- great local spotnativecalifornianDined on 4/20/2014this is a great location for a casual, affordable meal right off of the sand in HBSpecial Features:
- Great ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014The outdoor patio is comfortable, the food is good and the service was very good. Its located in a prime spot. Sunsets would be great there. The food was pretty good too.Special Features:
- Great Beach ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014Located right on the Pacific. Indoor or patio seating.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Excellent service and staff was unbelievably friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look for other place.jumnidaDined on 4/10/2014Parking is too expensive, Service is not that good, Food is too salty. It is not the place to recommend.Special Features:
- Was a fairly quiet night atRedSoxCarlosVIPDined on 4/10/2014Was a fairly quiet night at Sandy's. Food was quite good; I enjoyed my sea bass with shrimp cous cous and Caesar salad. The service was maybe a little over eager, asking us pretty regualrly whether the food was "amazing". I'd tone that down a bit, although it is better than a totally uninterested server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed...MatthewDined on 4/10/2014First, I made the reservation to sit on the patio and enjoy the beach but they decided to sell the entire patio to a party that didn't use the whole patio. Our food was average at best and undercooked. Service was good and polite.Special Features:
- So-So !NathansMommyDined on 4/9/2014I loved the atmosphere at this restaurant - casual and beachy. The menu was great - not too many options to choose from but at the same time was just enough variety of choices. However, the foods to me tasted nothing special. I believed I could probably have gone somewhere else and had the same thing which tasted better and costed much less. Although the server and staffs were friendly and did an awesome job while we were there, I am not sure I will go back to Sandy's again.Special Features:
- Highlight of our weekendgeeseVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had a fabulous dinner at sunset to celebrate a 50th birthday. Got a window seat, had great service and the food was fabulous! Oh and so was dessert!! We highly recommend Sandy's for lunch, drinks or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location makes it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2014You can't beat Sandy's for location on a beautiful day in So Cal. Love the food, too. Considering all that, the breakfast was also reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Sits right on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Had all the seafood anyone could want and it was all delicious. Mussels, crab, scallops, shrimp, and the catch of the day. Beer list is good and they carry some craft beers. Wife had a martini but said it was really weak in alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a show!GailDined on 3/24/2014A spur of the moment lunch and it was great watching all the activity on the boardwalk and beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandy's Is Fabulous/Fun!SandyonSandysDined on 3/22/2014On a return trip to Huntington Beach, we had lunch at Sandy's with our family friends. Our waiter was great- wonderful recommendations on the menu. The setting is fun for all. Enjoyed watching the beach scene and the many volleyball games!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the scenic view and thejimdandy2resqDined on 3/17/2014Love the scenic view and the ambiance. Staff is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandyskaimi911Dined on 3/17/2014I have not been here since it was previously Chimayos and was pleasantly surprised. Ambiance was great for a business lunch meeting or an afternoon date. I don't know what the evening scene is like. The service was 5 star and the food was as well. I will definitely keep this on my list for a go to place and I am looking forward to trying breakfast and dinner as well.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Beach RestaurantVanderVIPDined on 3/14/2014We love coming to Sandy's. The food is good and the view is amazing. Located "on the sand", next to HB Pier, Sandy's offers a casual place to dine and enjoy the beach scene. My wife and I are vegetarians, so we stick to to their Heirloom Tomato Stack or Veggie Burger which are both very good options. The service is always good and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- Great view of Huntington Beach...fuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2014Great setting...awesome service. All of our meals were great. Cannot beat s'more dessert.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Our waitress was really nice But food took awhile. Dirty plates sat and by the time I got my second drink we had finished. The drink took over 20 minutes. My boyfriends drink was wrong. Food great and the waitress you could tell was just busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningHoppyeaterDined on 2/24/2014We held a company dinner for six. Had requested outside but were told it had been booked for a large group. However, I noticed others were on the patio not part of any large group. We were seated by the restrooms. Not my favorite place to sit. The service was excellent and the food even better. We ordered appetizers and a variety of items off the menu. Everything was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff not up to level of foodPhilDotDined on 2/20/2014Had ribs--fantastic; had tomato, mushroom stack--fantastic, desserts--fantastic. We intend to return with friends for happy hour. But poorly-trained wait staff made our visit less than memorable.Special Features:
- Good, but not quite worth the pricesmalltownkidDined on 2/15/2014The food was good, but it certainly wasn't worth the four-star prices on the menu. The mixed seafood plate wasn't as good as the same one you can get at Red Lobster, but it was $12 more. It's a nice restaurant and would likely be one of the most popular in SoCal if the prices matched the quality.Special Features:
- Over priced and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014The noise level was almost unbearable and found myself almost shouting across our table to talk. The food was not worth even half the price. My dish was room temperature and had a bland side of steamed potatoes and green beans. I felt like I was at my grandma's house for dinner. Dessert choices were a joke. The whole menu might sound good at first but the cooking style and quality suffered in every way. I ended up having leftovers at home to satisfy my hunger. Go for a drink and the view but go elsewhere for food. Go to Duke's instead. Much, much, much better.Special Features:
- Outstanding afternoon at Sandy's...72of500VIPDined on 2/15/2014Enjoying great food, drinks and friends. We were there for lunch on a Saturday and had an awesome time. The food was very good and they have an enjoyable beer and cocktail selection. They have a nice emphasis on California beers which was fun. The ceviche and fish tacos were very good. Make reservations and use valet parking ($6 is a steal!) We can't wait to come backSpecial Features:
- Unforgettable experiencememday2014Dined on 2/14/2014We Had the best time. Unforgetable especially because I got proposed. Want to thank everyone at Sandys for the best time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dinner at Sandy'sTrudyDined on 2/14/2014We didn't have a reservetion for Valentines Day...we made a reservation on Open Table and thought we'd give it a try... The food was great, and the service was prompt and friendly. This is a kid / family friendly atmosphere...a little on the loud side. We will definitely return...Special Features:
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I made reservations and they had an outside seat ready extremely quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach side diningHoosierVIPDined on 2/14/2014Staff attentive & food well seasoned. Great place to go after a day on the beach.Special Features:
- DisappointedDANANDJODined on 2/14/2014I booked Sandy's for Valentine's Day for my husband & myself. When we arrived, ( 7 min early), we were told we had to wait a few minutes, which was fine until 2 other couples came in and were seated by the window, on the patio with great views and NO reservations...meanwhile, we were left waiting and finally seated at a table for 4, in the middle of the room, facing the bright sun..I had asked for a table with a nice view in my on-line reservation, and the nicer tables were given to younger people, (who would probably spend way less than we would have...their loss. We went upstairs to Duke's (one of our favorite's) and were seated without reservations,, at a nice table with an ocean view, excellent wine, appetizer. food & awesome service.Special Features:
- Was greeted by the host ,veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Was greeted by the host ,very pleasant young man ,,our waitress was great,she was checking on us to make sure everything was fine.which it was ,it was my daughter 18th birthday and they helped make it specialSpecial Features: