315 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandyshb.com/
- Phone: (714) 374-7273
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
LUNCH: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday 4:30 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Sunday & Monday 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mason Trapp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sandy's has several menus to accommodate your group of 12-250.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin 7143185148x
A word from Sandy's
Sandy’s serves the best of southern California: a vibrant beachfront setting on the sand at the Huntington Beach Pier, huge outdoor patio, an inviting oceanfront dining room and delicious regionally inspired cuisine. The extensive dinner and lunch menus offer something for everyone from fresh seafood and steaks to appetizers, burgers, flatbreads and salads. With our original menu that is locally sourced whenever possible and vast selection of California wines and craft beers, Sandy’s celebrates all that is authentically Californian. California is served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Sandy's reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (62)great for outdoor dining (50)great for lunch (37)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (25)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (12)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great People Watching, Average FoodBeach101VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great people watching of the beach crowd. Average food and decent service. Fun for a change.Special Features:
- Anniversary Donner DelightlifeskillsDined on 6/30/2014Third visit here, can't beat the view. Brought our own wine to complete the great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableKElizDined on 6/19/2014Nice beach atmosphere, at the sand level in Huntington Beach right up to the bike/walk path at the pier. Enjoyed food and walk afterwards on the pier. Convenient elevator. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFinedining4Dined on 6/18/2014Food is amazing and the staff is super nice. The view of the beach/ocean/pier is awesome. Some dinner portions are bigger than other but if you are looking for quality rather than quantity then this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJoysDined on 6/16/2014Sandys was a great experience from the beginning. A really friendly staff and great location on the beach. The food and drinks were exactly like the service. Started off with a Mai Tai and Ceviche. They were both really fresh and delicious. Dinner was a nice perfectly cooked Rib Eye with Kale that was to dance on top of table and scream; Yes! Too full for dessert but what a great place next time I am in Huntington Beach I will go back to Sandys. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewNickDined on 6/15/2014Great food at reasonable prices. Our server was so sweet. We love to go here for a great bite!Special Features:
- Beach diningWeezieDined on 6/12/2014Recommended to us by friend-res made to build points!We arrived early-hostess offered to seat us! We sat in bar to wait 4 friend-drinks:the "strawberry/basil tea"&"vanilla soda w/oranges"-both xlnt! Buckler NA avail-we do not drink, loved this option! DH-flat iron steak w/chimichurri + fries, me: wedge + ceviche & friend: Mushroom flatbread. DH meal xlnt-steak perfec! My wedge very tasty & ceviche was really good - chips need improvement - too thick, not much flavor-meant for sturdier scooping? Friend had the mushroom pizza, which I almost ordered-she shared - OMG, so good!! I wish I was returning today! Varied seating options- in, bar and patio, which did have heaters and looks like roof will open, too! Will return next time here 4 sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFoodyshelleyDined on 6/10/2014Everything was great--food, service, relaxed environment with a beautiful viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating On the Beach...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Sandy's is just below Duke's. It took us a few extra minutes to find it from the fee pay to park lot next to it. But that's what you get if you want to eat as close to the beach by the pier. The decor is nice but a noisy from the crowd around the bar which is in the center. Eating inside is better than eating outside you don't see the beach as well inside. We tried one of their combinations specials and found out that some of the fish items were missing. It took two waiters (which was not ours) and a manager to get this resolved. The food is good and they have a pretty good menu selection. Our free desserts were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatdadorkknightDined on 5/31/2014Happy hour is great and veggie burgers are good. Dessert was greatSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!pjspicksDined on 5/27/2014I've lived in So Cal all my life & have spent a lot of time in Huntington Beach, but had never eaten here. Came here this week to try it & had a great experience. Wait staff was attentive and friendly, the food was really good. It was lunch & I had a burger, but it was good & nicely presented! Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Very friendly!Yumi8Dined on 5/24/2014Even though we were late for our reservation, the servers were VERY friendly and considerate! They even gave part of our group free appetizers when we had to move to a smaller table (after our group went from 12 to 6). They gave my sister a free dessert and drink because it was her bachelorette party! The food was delicious. We had an awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Disappointments Here!ChitownativeDined on 5/23/2014Staying in Huntington Beach for a few nights, we wanted dinner and to watch the sunset on the water. Sandy's fulfilled everything we wanted. Their appetizer menu offered so many intersting items that we ordered 3 to split along with wine and just took our time to watch the 'show'. Beer battered green beans, skillet cornbread and a California cheese and sausage platter more than filled us up. The restaurant is right on the beach so it's a great place to people watch. The servers were very helpful but not intrusive. We capped our meal off with Hula Pie, 3 different flavors of ice cream with chocolate crust and hot fudge! We saw families, other couples and a large party of friends while we were there. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Breakfast BurgerkarenhoyDined on 5/18/2014Originally had a reservation at Duke's Sunday Brunch.... at the last minute decided we wanted something more casual and less expensive. We ended up at Sandy's and I am so happy we did! This restaurant was awesome! We had a nice table with a great beach view and the food was AMAZING! I highly recommend the Breakfast Burger!!! Walked out only spending about $50 (before tip) for a party of 4. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it on Mothers Day!TopSnapDined on 5/11/20145 of us ate at 630 reservatuons.. we were 15 min late .. they still got us a table within a few minutes.. service started slow. drinks took a little long ... everything else moved right along perfectly...Dessert took a little long... but well worth it ( bread pudding cake) That stuff is amazing!!! Food was great.. Popcorn shrimp was probably the most OK food of the night, all the entrees everyone loved. and the other appetizers were Superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNouraDined on 5/11/2014Went here for Mother's day. Everything was great. The portions are a bit small for a entree.Special Features:
- Good view but can be LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Prompt and friendly service. Nice view. Loud bar with the tv on during Mother's Day brunch - poor choice to leave tv on. They were screaming over the dumb basketball game. Food was tasty but portions are too small. I had a shrimp salad and had to request bread as I was still hungry. They should have added more lettuce at the very least. My relative had the mahi Mahi special and it was the smallest portion of fish I have ever seen served. They need to let up on their portion controls.Special Features:
- Mom's Day Fun!MikesfindsDined on 5/11/2014This was a special treat for our family and my wife and daughter for Mother's Day. This is the second year in a row we ahve chosen Sandy's for Mom's Day. Godd choice again. The menu selection was excellent and the food was awesome. Both my wife and daughter had a great time and enjoyed all that Sandy's had to offer. Service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So at Sandy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I went there for a Mother's Day buffet, but no buffet. I ordered the breakfast pizza, which I would not recommend. It was tasteless, crust was hard, and the pizza was cold. The others in my group kind of liked there meals, but they did not order the breakfast, so maybe the lunch menu is the way to go.Special Features:
- Great find !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Had never been to Huntington Beach so I had to simply pick a spot to eat..... Everything was terrific ....food....service and location. I had the fish and chips and it was absolutely delicious !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a ViewDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 5/4/2014It's all about the view here because the food, while good, is just average. The service was good and we enjoyed our afternoon lunch but again very average food with decent prices.Special Features:
- great local spotnativecalifornianDined on 4/20/2014this is a great location for a casual, affordable meal right off of the sand in HBSpecial Features:
- Great ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014The outdoor patio is comfortable, the food is good and the service was very good. Its located in a prime spot. Sunsets would be great there. The food was pretty good too.Special Features:
- Great Beach ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014Located right on the Pacific. Indoor or patio seating.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Excellent service and staff was unbelievably friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look for other place.jumnidaDined on 4/10/2014Parking is too expensive, Service is not that good, Food is too salty. It is not the place to recommend.Special Features:
- Was a fairly quiet night atRedSoxCarlosVIPDined on 4/10/2014Was a fairly quiet night at Sandy's. Food was quite good; I enjoyed my sea bass with shrimp cous cous and Caesar salad. The service was maybe a little over eager, asking us pretty regualrly whether the food was "amazing". I'd tone that down a bit, although it is better than a totally uninterested server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed...MatthewDined on 4/10/2014First, I made the reservation to sit on the patio and enjoy the beach but they decided to sell the entire patio to a party that didn't use the whole patio. Our food was average at best and undercooked. Service was good and polite.Special Features:
- So-So !NathansMommyDined on 4/9/2014I loved the atmosphere at this restaurant - casual and beachy. The menu was great - not too many options to choose from but at the same time was just enough variety of choices. However, the foods to me tasted nothing special. I believed I could probably have gone somewhere else and had the same thing which tasted better and costed much less. Although the server and staffs were friendly and did an awesome job while we were there, I am not sure I will go back to Sandy's again.Special Features:
- Highlight of our weekendgeeseVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had a fabulous dinner at sunset to celebrate a 50th birthday. Got a window seat, had great service and the food was fabulous! Oh and so was dessert!! We highly recommend Sandy's for lunch, drinks or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location makes it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2014You can't beat Sandy's for location on a beautiful day in So Cal. Love the food, too. Considering all that, the breakfast was also reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Sits right on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Had all the seafood anyone could want and it was all delicious. Mussels, crab, scallops, shrimp, and the catch of the day. Beer list is good and they carry some craft beers. Wife had a martini but said it was really weak in alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a show!GailDined on 3/24/2014A spur of the moment lunch and it was great watching all the activity on the boardwalk and beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandy's Is Fabulous/Fun!SandyonSandysDined on 3/22/2014On a return trip to Huntington Beach, we had lunch at Sandy's with our family friends. Our waiter was great- wonderful recommendations on the menu. The setting is fun for all. Enjoyed watching the beach scene and the many volleyball games!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the scenic view and thejimdandy2resqDined on 3/17/2014Love the scenic view and the ambiance. Staff is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandyskaimi911Dined on 3/17/2014I have not been here since it was previously Chimayos and was pleasantly surprised. Ambiance was great for a business lunch meeting or an afternoon date. I don't know what the evening scene is like. The service was 5 star and the food was as well. I will definitely keep this on my list for a go to place and I am looking forward to trying breakfast and dinner as well.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Beach RestaurantVanderVIPDined on 3/14/2014We love coming to Sandy's. The food is good and the view is amazing. Located "on the sand", next to HB Pier, Sandy's offers a casual place to dine and enjoy the beach scene. My wife and I are vegetarians, so we stick to to their Heirloom Tomato Stack or Veggie Burger which are both very good options. The service is always good and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- Great view of Huntington Beach...fuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2014Great setting...awesome service. All of our meals were great. Cannot beat s'more dessert.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Our waitress was really nice But food took awhile. Dirty plates sat and by the time I got my second drink we had finished. The drink took over 20 minutes. My boyfriends drink was wrong. Food great and the waitress you could tell was just busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningHoppyeaterDined on 2/24/2014We held a company dinner for six. Had requested outside but were told it had been booked for a large group. However, I noticed others were on the patio not part of any large group. We were seated by the restrooms. Not my favorite place to sit. The service was excellent and the food even better. We ordered appetizers and a variety of items off the menu. Everything was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.