315 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandyshb.com/
- Phone: 7143747273x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
LUNCH: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday 4:30 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Sunday & Monday 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mason Trapp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sandy's has several menus to accommodate your group of 12-250.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin 7143185148x
A word from Sandy's
Sandy’s serves the best of southern California: a vibrant beachfront setting on the sand at the Huntington Beach Pier, huge outdoor patio, an inviting oceanfront dining room and delicious regionally inspired cuisine. The extensive dinner and lunch menus offer something for everyone from fresh seafood and steaks to appetizers, burgers, flatbreads and salads. With our original menu that is locally sourced whenever possible and vast selection of California wines and craft beers, Sandy’s celebrates all that is authentically Californian. California is served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Sandy's reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (84)great for outdoor dining (64)great for lunch (48)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (29)special occasion (28)kid-friendly (27)romantic (17)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (2)Show More
- We were hoping that the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008We were hoping that the food and service would be improved after the name change. It was not. We had a party of 8. We read that a 20% gratuity would be added to the bill. That would be fine if we received good service. We rarely saw our waiter. We figured that since he already had his 20% tip in the bag, why worry about providing good service? The menu was basically the same as it was when it was Chymayo. The food was not impressive. My fish was dry. As Huntington Beach residents, we really wanted our one-time favorite restaurant to be great. Overall, we were very disappointed and will not return.Special Features:
- Ambiance would have a higherOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008Ambiance would have a higher rating, but Savannah at the Beach in HB has just occupied the space of Chimayo and the decor has not changed, which was disappointing. I was reassured that Savannah in HB would be changing the decor to something more like the other Savannah restaurants in a few months, which is reassuring. Otherwise a great experience.Special Features:
- We were always regulars whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008We were always regulars when this restaurant was Chimayo's. Now that it's Savannah at the Beach it is even better. The management team is also responsive and personable.Special Features:
- Previously, we had a severeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008Previously, we had a severe situation with the valet company that is used on the property. David Houser is the manager who made it right. When we dined there this last time, I called him to the table to let him know that we were back without a problem in the parking lot and he rembered me and the situation. He made sure we were comfortable, had everything we wanted, and then some. The food and view are hard to beat but, it's managers like him that make people feel welcome no matter where they are.Special Features:
- Suggestion: We have experiencedCalifdinerDined on 5/11/2008Suggestion: We have experienced the Savannah in Costa Mesa and it was an outstanding, therefore we were expecting a same level of service. Waiter/Waitress takes orders then others are watchful for water, coffee, and bread/muffins. In this location one server is doing everything except to deliver the dishes. We waited a good 10-15 minutes before even getting our server after requesting one from a person who seated us. If you have people taking care of water/coffee/tea and bread/muffins, a time to wait for a server don't seem too long and felt neglected. Hopefully our next visit, since we received our gift certificate due to my brother's birthday, will be more attentive by server & others. Thanks for letting me share my experienSpecial Features:
- It was just too loud in there,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008It was just too loud in there, but our food and drinks were really good. It was just hard to hear each other.Special Features:
- Very Loud. Bar is huddledOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008Very Loud. Bar is huddled right next to the tables.Special Features:
- I expected much more for theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008I expected much more for the price. It was incredibly loud! It is understandable that people at a bar would be having a fun time, but this was overboard, the noise level coming from the bar was distracting and it was obvious by the faces of some other diners that they felt the same. service was ok. The food was also mediocre and completely overpriced for what it was. We wanted to have a nice dinner on the beach, this was not the place. I would definitely not recommend this restaurant!
- The wait staff, from the bartendersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2008The wait staff, from the bartenders to the waitress, were great. The front desk staff were terrible. Busy talking with one another, had to come up and ask about my seating a second time. Seemed to be the same when it was Chimayo.Special Features:
- We have nothing good to sayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2008We have nothing good to say about Savannah at the Beach. The pork chop was so touch I had to send it back. I decided not to re-order anything because I was so disappointed. It was my birthday dinner and instead of enjoying a nice evening out we were terribly disappointed. When we made the reservation my husband noted that it was my birthday and requested that we have a table with an ocean view. Obviously they didn't read the notation because they sat us at the other side of the restaurant. It was so noisy near the bar area we requested a seat further away so we could talk in peace. Overall it was just a bad experience and one that we won't repeat. We should have gone to a restaurant we had enjoyed previously.
- The food was a suprise, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008The food was a suprise, very good. The drinks left a bit to be desired they tasted as if they were light and for lack of a better term just "thrown together". I had the special, the Ahi tower and it was excellent. The outside patio had a good feel not much to look at due to the AVP in town but to no fault to Savannahs. We like to have a place like this so close to home for the whole family to enjoy, thank you.Special Features:
- The music from the bar wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2008The music from the bar was way too loud. We requested to be seated outside, where it still a little too loud. The fish dishes were prepared well; the chicken was too dry.Special Features:
- we were not very happy withNegreyfamDined on 4/27/2008we were not very happy with the VERY small selection for sunday brunch, will not be going back for brunch.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008The food was very good and well presented. Which I expected having eaten at French 75. However the noise was excessive and the restaurant was very loud. It did not help that the terrible music was being blasted over the speakers one of which was right above our table. Our party arrived in two vehicles with half of the group seated prior to the others arriving. I asked the hostess were she seated the rest of the group and was very surprised when I was told to walk around and look for them. I understand that resturants get busy, but it had not been more than 10 minutes since they sat the first half of the party. I feel that the hostess should have remembered where they were sitting us. We did have a reservation.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyable, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008Totally enjoyable, great service, and excellent food.Special Features:
- Great time waitress was theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008Great time waitress was the best we have had for a long time. Menu was smaller than I remember when it was Chimaio at the beach. Food came out and it was amazing as I hoped it would be. The only negative is the light were never dimmed as the sun went down. This made it seem like every table was on display. Over all experience was great.Special Features:
- OUR SERVER WAS GREAT...VERYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2008OUR SERVER WAS GREAT...VERY FRIENDLY. THERE WAS JUST A BREAKDOWN IN COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SHE AND THE KITCHEN...OR SOMETHING. WE SENT OUR EIGHT YEAR OLDS HAMBURGERS BACK...JUST TOO CHARRRED FOR HER. THE SERVER WAS WONDERFUL ABOUT IT, AND WE ORDERED THE CHICKEN INSTEAD. IT JUST NEVER CAME. SHE CAME TO FIND OUT ABOUT DESSERT, AND WE LET HER KNOW THE CHICKEN HADN'T ARRIVED YET. SHE AGAIN WAS GREAT AND IT CAME OUT SHORTLY AFTER. THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH MY DAUGHTERS LITTLE SHORTCAKE. OUR DESEERT FOR THE TABLE ARRIVED AND WHEN WE WERE DONE WITH THAT, HER LITTLE DESERT CAME. IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN TRYING TO IMPRESS SOMEONE, I WOULD HAVE BEEN EMBARASSED, BUT WE KNOW THE RESTAURANT SCENE, SO WE WERE COOL ABOUT IT. NOT THE BEST THIS TIME.Special Features:
- We had a great time and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2008We had a great time and were happy to find some of our menu favorites from Chimayo still on the menu at Savannah, plus some delightful new selections. Overall, the menu is an improvement on the Chimayo menu, which was wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure..a big fanptahminDined on 4/20/2008Always a pleasure..a big fan of all your Savannah restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Had a very enjoyable dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2008Had a very enjoyable dinner. The patio is probably a great place to eat and watch the sun set beyond the pier. But unfortunately smoking is allowed on the patio. Highly recommend for the food!Special Features:
- We had the best service thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008We had the best service that I can remember ever having anywhere. His name was Rauel and he was very personable and just a really nice guy. We will be back.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008The food was very good, but it was so loud that it was impossible to carry on a conversation! Definitely not a place for a romantic dinner despite it's lovely location!
- Service was very slow andEdieGVIPDined on 4/14/2008Service was very slow and we got charged for an extra bottle of wine that we did not consume.Special Features:
- My girlfriend's grilled salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2008My girlfriend's grilled salmon was burned. It took an additional 40 minutes for them to turn it around and another 20 minutes to pay the bill. Table was outside but in one of their worst outdoor locations. They did not offer any apologies. The womens bathroom with filthy. They were also slow in getting food orders out to other tables. It was a very poor showing overall on their part. I used to go to the old restaurant Chimayo at least once a week and it was always a positive experience. On a positive note, my flat iron steak was delicious and well prepared!Special Features:
- My ratings are below good,SnJBVIPDined on 4/13/2008My ratings are below good, but above fair. This is a casual beach restaurant that is overpriced, but it keeps the beach people from wandering in in their beach togs.Special Features:
- Our experience at SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/12/2008Our experience at Savannah at the Beach was terrible. Our water's appearance was very sloppy. His uniform was wrinkled and had stains on it. The restaurant is on the beach so we asked to be seated outside. Most customers appeared to be sitting outside for the same reason. The table next to us had two smokers, who smoked direcetly into us the whole time we ate our meal. When asked if people could smoke so close to people eating, our water said of course. We went to this restaurant when it was Chimayo's. The experience was great. We will never return to this restaurant and will share our horrible experiene with others.
- Food is overpriced! $10 forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008Food is overpriced! $10 for chips and guacamole? The quality of the food did not match the insanely high prices. I was disappointed with the experience and will never return to the restaurant.Special Features:
- We only stayed for drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008We only stayed for drinks. Iced tea, coke and 1 beer. There wasn't much selection on the menu and it didn't indicate what you got with your meal.. If we had to order our sides seperate I wasn't about to pay $7 for creamed corn. Needs to have a few more selections and more specific on what you get. We ended up going to black angus and had a great dinner.
- We were looking for a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/6/2008We were looking for a great brunch, when we went to Savannah's website their menu boasted of a nice selection of fare for brunch. However, when we arrived we were shown a brunch menu of three selections and were told that brunch wasn't a hot selling item and therefore they pared back the menu. The food was mediocre at best! We ordered their famous Crème Brule French Toast and had to send it back because it was so dried out you couldn't eat it - even after dousing it with syrup! As for the ambience, the music was terribly loud which made it difficult to enjoy conversation.
- Our waitress (Nancy) was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008Our waitress (Nancy) was excellent. We had a great time and would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Service was slow - it seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2008Service was slow - it seemed like the waitress had quite a few tables to wait on bith inside and outside. Food was not that great. French fries were cold, hamburger was overcooked.First cup of coffee served to me was not cold and not fresh.
- The service is terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2008The service is terrible. The waiter brought us the wrong drink order (knowingly) without any explanation. And he forgot that we tipped him $100.00 the last time we ate there. The manager was a pushy jerk.
- The location is the best partOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2008The location is the best part about the restaurant - and what will keep us coming back. The food is always fine and sometimes excellent. If they got more consistent in delivering great food, we would go even more often.Special Features:
- I think we were expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2008I think we were expecting too much. It's a great place for 'tourista' after a day at the beach, or 'hanging out' at the beach and grabbing a bite. We thought that since it was part of the French 75 chain (?) it would be beach front 'dining', not 'beach front bar.' Hardly anyone was eating, but lots of folks were drinking and hanging out, having a good time. Our mistake?
- Easter brunch was perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008Easter brunch was perfectly executed. Food and service were top notch. I've been to Savannah before and the food, while good, wasn't quite at this level. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.Special Features:
- David, the manager, visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008David, the manager, visited our table personally to make sure that we were enjoying our meal and the time at his restaurant. Chris, our waiter, was extremely keen to detail and had the same goal as David.Special Features:
- We went for Mother's day andHungryManDined on 3/23/2008We went for Mother's day and it was a bit crowded but that's to be expected at this beach spot... It's OK if you want to take in the scenery and the energetic crowds at the beach.Special Features:
- 2nd visit to this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/20082nd visit to this restaurant. The first visit was right after the change over to the new name. Appetizier are great. Main menu items are fair. Cold french fries again. Service is poor. Had to ask for refills of iced tea. No one to clear plates, server did everything.Special Features:
- All experiences from the hostess,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008All experiences from the hostess, to the wait staff, and the kitchen was surperb. Great evening. Good value for a $$$ restaurant.Special Features: