315 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandyshb.com/
- Phone: 7143747273x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
LUNCH: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday 4:30 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Sunday & Monday 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mason Trapp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sandy's has several menus to accommodate your group of 12-250.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Larkin 7143185148x
A word from Sandy's
Sandy’s serves the best of southern California: a vibrant beachfront setting on the sand at the Huntington Beach Pier, huge outdoor patio, an inviting oceanfront dining room and delicious regionally inspired cuisine. The extensive dinner and lunch menus offer something for everyone from fresh seafood and steaks to appetizers, burgers, flatbreads and salads. With our original menu that is locally sourced whenever possible and vast selection of California wines and craft beers, Sandy’s celebrates all that is authentically Californian. California is served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Sandy's reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (84)great for outdoor dining (64)great for lunch (48)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (29)special occasion (28)kid-friendly (27)romantic (17)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (2)Show More
- What's not to love?surfermermaidDined on 9/15/2014A perfectly endearing beachfront restaurant, great food, with a live 'dinner show' ever changing before your eyes....if you love to people watch, Sandy's patio is the place to be! Ocean breezes, (we were comfortable out there even during the latest heat wave, with triple digit weather), people passing by and let me mention again: fabulous food. The tuna steak sandwich is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful time was had by all!surfermermaidDined on 9/14/2014We were meeting friends at the coast we had not seen in 6 years. BUSY Sunday morning at Sandy's, yet we were never rushed. Fabulous food, (the breakfast menu features breakfast AND lunch dishes so everyone was happy), and our server was over the top.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Came here for breakfast and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The food was good and so was the service, all for a good price. Great view of the beach and ocean. Prime location right next to pier. Look forward to coming here again, maybe will try the lunch menu next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday (wife'sRichVIPDined on 9/12/2014Went to Sandy's for my wife's birthday. Menu looked great, but the food was just okay. Great view of the beach and pier, but overall, it was good, but not fantastic. My daughter had the Mahi Mahi, but it tasted like some other fish. My wife's sea bass was okay, but the too much pecan crust. The burger was okay (the Habit or In n Out are better).Special Features:
- Great potential falls shortJerryj2VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great server announced he was leaving mid dinner all went down hill from there - food just ok - have a drink here and find a better place to dineSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysChuck241Dined on 9/6/2014Always a good meal and good time at Sandy's. Fun staff, great views, fantastic food. Top it off with some Hula Pie and you have a magical evening. It's Hawaii in California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beach RestaurantellenrDined on 9/6/2014Went there for lunch to celebrate my son's birthday with his friends and my small family. I requested 2 tables, one for his friends and one for the family. They were very accommodating even though it took 2 different waitresses. The food was great and a good variety. We sat outside and it was wonderful to be beachside! I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great valuenativecalifornianDined on 8/30/2014new chef, continually updating the menu and the food is getting better as they do.... beautiful view of the beach, nice cocktail and wine list alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! The food & view is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Dine with a view of the pier! Loved the seabass too. We used to go to laguna to dine with a view but this is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going backJeanieEatsDined on 8/24/2014It must be good, We keep going back. We've been there a dozen times since it opened. This time I tried the baby back ribs.....fall off the bone good. The staff is always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Brunch/Lunch FindHBfoodjunkieVIPDined on 8/24/2014While we have always appreciated Sandy's for a casual open air, small plates dinner spot, until recently we had not tried Sandy's for brunch/lunch. We found the atmosphere vibrant and fun with the location at the base of the HB pier adding to the outdoor ambiance. Food was good with good selection of traditional items as well as some specialty items worth remembering. The Main Street Scramble was outstanding and I loved the way the potato wedges were prepared. The bloody mary was average and a little small. We will go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dsksDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is great for a special occasion or just an excuse to eat out where you nkow you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations for LunchlovelemonadeDined on 8/22/2014Loved my first time experience here (recommended by a few local Huntington Beach friends for my casual business lunch). Can't beat a table next to the beach with the strong waves coming in that day. We had great service throughout despite lingering to finish our business chat -- she still checked in and provided more water, etc. Loved my tuna sandwich done perfect with a light seared touch and the bread was super thin flat bread. It was a little tricky/messy to eat for business lunch -- but hey that's my fault for ordering a sandwich vs. a salad and it didn't prevent me of eating the whole thing anyway! My fellow diner loved his surf burger. Both clean plates. Will go back and enjoy bar scene with my BF soon!Special Features:
- Good experienceFoodieDined on 8/17/2014It was all good except when we ordered coffee and tea; the decaf coffee tasted old and was not that hot, and the waitress brought a tea cup and bag, but no hot water. We had to ask for that after a several minute wait.Special Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Randy was TERRIFIC!!! He made great reccomendation and all the food was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took too long to get our dinnerdinnerDined on 8/5/2014We had a party of 12 with reservations. The restaurant is right on the beach, but we couldn't see the ocean due to an event tear down that made it feel like we were under a highway overpass under construction. We ordered and got appetizers fairly quickly, but 30 minutes after ordering dinner we were told that they were out of the special. The restaurant wasn't crowded (our reservation was at 8 PM), but it was almost 10 when we got dinner. My salmon was overdone, and others in the party were underwhelmed. The staff and our waitress were very friendly, but we were ready to leave by the time we ate. We weren't asked if we wanted dessert, and our wait wasn't acknowledged.
- Almost always perfect.headpaneerDined on 7/30/2014My family and I eat here several times a year. Sandy’s has an interesting menu offering and several great vegetarian options for me. The food is almost always great. I say almost because two of the last four times eating there, my fries have been cold and old tasting. My daughters agreed but offered to share their perfectly cooked fries with me. When cooked well, they are one of my favorite fries! This visit, I only gave the service a “good” rating but that is because we had a newbie server. Nothing wrong with that but he didn’t have the quality nuances of service down yet that are prevalent throughout the rest of the great staff at Sandy’s. I’ll keep coming back, regardless!Special Features:
- Great venue for a mini reunion!SeafoodfanaticVIPDined on 7/26/2014Seven old high school friends gathered at Sandy's for a mini reunion after not seeing each other for 38 years! We were seated on the patio facing the US Open Surf competition and the whole experience was perfect. We enjoyed a delicious lunch while catching up on each other's lives and being catered to by a very attentive staff. They did not seem to mind our boisterous excitement during our 3 hour visit! I enjoyed a tuna sandwich that was scrumptious, and the watermelon martinis were tasty. Everyone was very pleased with their meals. The salads were large and looked delicious. This was the perfect place to hold this small, very fun and meaningful get together!Special Features:
- Superb date spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014My wife and I went for an early dinner and watched the sunset. The food was excellent and the service was great. I highly recommend Sandy's. Duke's, upstairs, is owned by the same place and is also very good. The seafood offerings are fantastic both places, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandy's HBwhats2drinkDined on 7/20/2014This place is sits right on the beach next to the Huntington Beach pier and has a great view with plenty of seating. The weekends get very busy here but we since I booked online our table was ready and the drinks are spot on. loved the Bloody Mary's just the amount of spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential beach restaurantMcgeeDined on 7/19/2014Vibrant restaurant almost right on the sand in Huntington Beach. Our server, who was in training, could not have done a better. My three lady friends and I were there for a birthday celebration, and the server brought out the most delicious dessert (free) for all of us to share. The restaurants version of a "s'more" - best one of those I've ever tasted. Nice touch!Special Features:
- Food was cold & greasy.Greasy95Dined on 7/18/2014The food was cold, greasy & had to wait over 10 minutes for our food to be reheated. We had to ask for salt & pepper, bread & water. I waited so long for the salt & pepper by time it arrived I was already done with my salad. It was also very loud, I could barely hear my wife talking to me. The waited gave us a complimentary S'mores dessert because I think he knew we weren't happy. It cost $97, I've had better meals at Denny's & the food is always hot there.
- Return visits a must.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014I live locally and every out of town friend I have taken to Sandy's enjoys it and wants to return with their family and friends. The location is perfect, the food is delicious and well prepared, the staff is very friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- manageroutforaniteDined on 7/15/2014The manager at this restaurant was a delight. He came over to our table asked how things were and was just very friendly. He made our dinner a very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caligirlcaligirlVIPDined on 7/13/2014We visit sandys a lot, good food, service is great, across the street from beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMrsLoyaDined on 7/13/2014Great mimosas and bloody marys! I got the baked French toast it was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014Overall we had a great dinner. The ceviche has a little too much lime. The polenta is a little too salty. But Jessica was really great. Love their bread!Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!JReyDined on 7/7/2014If you're looking for great food, great Huntington Beach atmosphere, and great service - look no further. Sandy's is my go-to for a casual meal that won't break the bank, but WILL satisfy EVERY taste bud I have. I've dined here dozens of times, and not once have I left unsatisfied. This place is a gem! My personal faves: BREAKFAST: Short rib breakfast burrito, sweet potato chorizo hash, surf burger LUNCH: Layered Seafood Coctail, Arugula Salad, the Jalepeno Date Burger, and the HULA PIE!! (of course) DINNER: Ceviche/skillet corn bread, sea bass, jidori chicken, Fig,Pig,& Bleu Cheese flatbread, and the s'more! Seriously, one of my favorite restaurants of all time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice beach diningGabmaxVIPDined on 7/6/2014Nice place, below Dukes. Good food, nice view. Loved the decor and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014The food was only surpassed by the fabulous service! Maryann was very attentive to our table and informative with meal selections.Special Features:
- Great People Watching, Average FoodBeach101VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great people watching of the beach crowd. Average food and decent service. Fun for a change.Special Features:
- Anniversary Donner DelightlifeskillsDined on 6/30/2014Third visit here, can't beat the view. Brought our own wine to complete the great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableKElizDined on 6/19/2014Nice beach atmosphere, at the sand level in Huntington Beach right up to the bike/walk path at the pier. Enjoyed food and walk afterwards on the pier. Convenient elevator. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFinedining4Dined on 6/18/2014Food is amazing and the staff is super nice. The view of the beach/ocean/pier is awesome. Some dinner portions are bigger than other but if you are looking for quality rather than quantity then this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJoysDined on 6/16/2014Sandys was a great experience from the beginning. A really friendly staff and great location on the beach. The food and drinks were exactly like the service. Started off with a Mai Tai and Ceviche. They were both really fresh and delicious. Dinner was a nice perfectly cooked Rib Eye with Kale that was to dance on top of table and scream; Yes! Too full for dessert but what a great place next time I am in Huntington Beach I will go back to Sandys. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewNickDined on 6/15/2014Great food at reasonable prices. Our server was so sweet. We love to go here for a great bite!Special Features:
- Beach diningWeezieDined on 6/12/2014Recommended to us by friend-res made to build points!We arrived early-hostess offered to seat us! We sat in bar to wait 4 friend-drinks:the "strawberry/basil tea"&"vanilla soda w/oranges"-both xlnt! Buckler NA avail-we do not drink, loved this option! DH-flat iron steak w/chimichurri + fries, me: wedge + ceviche & friend: Mushroom flatbread. DH meal xlnt-steak perfec! My wedge very tasty & ceviche was really good - chips need improvement - too thick, not much flavor-meant for sturdier scooping? Friend had the mushroom pizza, which I almost ordered-she shared - OMG, so good!! I wish I was returning today! Varied seating options- in, bar and patio, which did have heaters and looks like roof will open, too! Will return next time here 4 sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFoodyshelleyDined on 6/10/2014Everything was great--food, service, relaxed environment with a beautiful viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating On the Beach...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Sandy's is just below Duke's. It took us a few extra minutes to find it from the fee pay to park lot next to it. But that's what you get if you want to eat as close to the beach by the pier. The decor is nice but a noisy from the crowd around the bar which is in the center. Eating inside is better than eating outside you don't see the beach as well inside. We tried one of their combinations specials and found out that some of the fish items were missing. It took two waiters (which was not ours) and a manager to get this resolved. The food is good and they have a pretty good menu selection. Our free desserts were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatdadorkknightDined on 5/31/2014Happy hour is great and veggie burgers are good. Dessert was greatSpecial Features: