Sandy Point Beach House
7175 Lakeshore Ave.
West Olive, MI 49460Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Sandy Point Beach House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sandypointbeachhouse.com/
- Phone: 6167968210x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday : 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Cory Holleman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Room may be sectioned off for private events
- Private Party Contact: Regan 6167968210x
- Entertainment: Local bands
A word from Sandy Point Beach House
Sandy Point Beach House is a casual restaurant featuring gourmet burgers and a market driven rotating feature menu. These features will showcase Chefs ingredient focused fusion cuisine that the lake shore knows and loves. The beach house atmosphere is best described as modern Chicago loft space meets lake-shore cottage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sandy Point Beach House - Best Restaurants in West Olive ›
Sandy Point Beach House reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (30)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (23)special occasion (18)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)romantic (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Amazing all aroundYum2Dined on 10/16/2014Wow! LOVE everything about Sandy Point Beach House. The facility is beautiful, the food exeptional, the portions are large, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Usually great food.bitsbitesDined on 10/11/2014This was our fourth trip here and tonight the food just wasn't as good. 2 of us ordered the perch and it was just bland along with the mashed potatoes. I usually think they season food well and have loved the food on my other visits but this one was disappointing tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Food, Perfect ServiceJoniDined on 10/4/2014Sandy Point Beach House is a "must do" if you visit the west side of the state. I can't imagine visiting Grand Haven, Spring Lake or any point of interest on the Lake Michigan coast line without making a trip to Sandy Pointe Beach House for a meal. Wonderful food, excellent selection of choices for your meal and terrifc staff.Special Features:
- Great Night GetawayJamesDined on 9/26/2014The service was great and the food was even better. It was a little noisy, but was part of the experience. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitSandjayDined on 9/26/2014We stopped in here for dinner. The menu had se interesting choices, but we had burgers and beer. They were slightly over cooked, but still very tasty. The decor was clean but not over decorated. Not very busy when we were there, but it could be noisy when it does get busy. Nice place. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paprika24Dined on 9/20/2014Our server was good, but he was spread too thin-too many tables to take care of. The black and blue hamburger was delicious and it's huge. My husband and I shared it. We each ordered the Caesar salad that has been grilled (with white anchovies) and was yummy. Very tasty food. They just need more help on busy nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014The best service ever. Food was excellent . Wine list incredibly awesome.mSpecial Features:
- Lovely and deliciousYum2Dined on 9/12/2014Sandy Point Beach House is a wonderful and beautiful restaurant. The food is absolutely fantastic! The menu has such a wide selection, from burgers and soups, to filet mignon. The stroganoff is fabulous. Won't disappoint.Special Features:
- great servicebrittd1210Dined on 9/9/2014Ashley was a fabulous server, very attentive and knowledgeable. Our food was outstanding and our group was impressed with both the wine and scotch options. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodTable44Dined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent. The noise level made it difficult for a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/20147:00 reservation. was driving home at 7:45! great service and it was packed! food was fantastic. a little on the loud side for a romantic dinner. i will definitly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodshopproVIPDined on 8/28/2014Seated out on the upper deck. Nice & cozy, great service. The shortribs were delicious! Will definately return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CUthereVIPDined on 8/26/2014Hamburgers are great! However, some of their other menu items leave a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- LoudPartyoffourDined on 8/25/2014It was difficult to hear ourselves think while dining. Room needs some deadening panels or acoustical units. I ordered my food medium, paddy was delivered well done.Special Features:
- Fine place...with a caveat!SteveDined on 8/23/2014We went to the Sandy Point Beach House for our anniversary because we had heard of the great food. And the food WAS great. Unfortunately, so was the noise. The meal itself was excellent, with both the steak frites and the short ribs entrees done perfectly. We enjoyed a very nice and somewhat surprising bottle of Cote Du Rhone from their well created wine list - a real surprise for a place that bills itself a 'Beach House!' - and the service was excellent. Had it not been for the intent of our night out "clashing" with the revelry (which on a Saturday night is MY fault, perhaps...) I would have enjoyed our visit more. And we will go back - the food, service and overall experience warrants that - just not on a busy summer Saturday night!Special Features:
- Service FailhiddengemseekerDined on 8/16/2014I like the ambience and menu. Dinner was delivered before I received my salad which I had asked for before dinner. The waitress told me the "salad line was backed up." She suggested I take the dinner and she would bring the salad out later at no charge. I told her I wanted the salad before dinner. She took the plates away and the salad came out 5 minutes later and was good. Asked for steak MR and it was rare to bloody but a least a good steak. I accepted as was. She never checked on our meal and did not refill water. If you serve a meal with white linen napkin, include a salad fork or be sure to bring a new fork with the dinner. If you have wine up to $120/bottle make sure your service is up to that level.Special Features:
- food is excellent...but noisy!luv2eatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent diverse menu but the noise level of the nearly packed restaurant partially ruined the evening. Several large parties got quite loud to the point our table of four had to shout to hear each other. Been here many times recently and the food is always great, maybe some some sound proofing in the future would help make for a more enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAUmom1Dined on 8/14/2014Food was great as always as was the service. There was a large group when we first arrived and we were going to leave after one drink but our server assured us they were leaving shortly, which they did, so we stayed. My only complaint with this restaurant is the noise level. We have been there 7-8 times and on 5 of those occasions it was difficult to hold a conversation among 4 people. Wish they would do something to absorb some of the noise. It's a little like eating in a gymnasium. Will still go back though for the exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong burgers.datenightdivaDined on 8/9/2014I'm not a big burger fan, but I almost always order one when I come here. They're fantastic! My faves are the Pub Burger and the Black and Blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation not entirely honoredDuckDiningDined on 8/8/2014Reserved a table for 2 through opentable and requested a patio table for our anniversary dinner. Had eaten here before and found patio to be an excellent spot for quiet meal with beautiful scenery. When we arrived, however, we were told they had our reservation, knew it was our anniversary, but has no outdoor tables available. I did not understand as they clearly had our reservation. We asked if we could wait at the bar until a patio table opened up, but were told that would not work as there were too many folks at an outside bar already waiting for patio table to open. Not wanting to argue, we settled for a table inside, which was more noisy and at a corner near restroom hall with high traffic. Very disappointed on this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service fantastic foodScottDined on 8/7/2014We went here on a recommendation from a friend. Our waiter was great. We hate being rushed at a nice restaurant and he seemed to pick up on this right away. We aren't big eaters so we got an appetizer, salad and entree to share. The food was all fantastic. The presentation and flavors were great. We'd never had a grilled Caesar salad before. The slight smokey flavor really was very nice. We will definitely be back and introduce this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Saturday night 7:00FishfryDined on 8/2/2014It was too noisy and very difficult to hear what our guests were saying. Service was slow and our waitress kept apologizing. Our perch and chocolate cake/torte was dry. It seemed like an off night for the Beach House. We'll will try again, but request a quieter place to sit, otherwise we'll sit outside. We thought maybe you should hang some banners from the ceiling in hopes of breaking some of the noise?
- Great vibe at Sandy PointBruceDined on 8/1/2014The Sandy Point Beach House between Grand Haven and Holland and provides a consistently excellent dining experience. The hanger steak is tender, the tuna tacos are excellent, the bar is lively. It's a great spot for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FoodWestSideDined on 7/29/2014Nice food with good service. Was a bit disappointed that there weren't more local fish options. Lot's of Raves from our group about their burgers.
- To die for desserts!SmallTownFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Went out to dinner at Sandy Point Beach House the other day and had such a fun time. My night was made by eating an amazing burger and devious salad outside on the deck, playing bocci ball, and finishing up with a gourmet desserts made in house. Highly recommend the shush margaritas, the pierogis, breads and spreads on the appetizers, the fig and prosciutto salad, and the pub burger, but the one thing I can not stress enough are the desserts. The desserts are to die for, I've gone back several times to just get the desserts. I have yet to have one that I didn't absolutely love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced fancyBoilerfryDined on 7/13/2014The lack of choices on the menu was a bit of a let down, but I ordered the Delmonico steak dinner based on a friends recommendation and was very pleased. The brussel sprouts were alittle under cooked and tasted more like cabbage, and the bread was pretty hard. The steak was cooked just right and the taste was great. My fiancee ordered the fillet mignon with the lobster claw. She was not impressed with the peas added to the dish, said the lobster claw didn't even taste like lobster, and her fillet was cooked well done, when she asked for medium well. Meal was really sparse with no salad or potato to go with the dinner, and at $80, was about $20 more than I usually pay for a steak dinner for 2.
- Noise LevelStairwaytoHeavenDined on 7/12/2014Our overall experience was good BUT it was very loud in the dining area. Granted, it was a busy Saturday night but it would be nice to be able to carry on a conversation with others at your table. Was not possible. Way too loud. Consider adding floor covering or wall covering to ease the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellaDined on 7/11/2014Fantastic food. Fantastic service. Would highly recommend Tuna tacos & beef stroganoff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shiloh15Dined on 7/8/2014The food was excellent, but I was shocked to be seated in a dark room with a CEMENT FLOOR. No decor, no view, just cold and stark. When I'm paying well over $30 for a steak, I certainly expect a nice atmosphere and ambience. They need to put in a nice wood floor or carpet and hire an interior decorator! The prices imply a special occasion restaurant and my party of 5 dressed for that, but we sat next to a table of about 16-18 all dressed in shorts, jeans, and beachwear.
- Consistently good.TeamashleyDined on 7/5/20143rd time here and have loved it each time. Good wine selection. Great variety on menu. Really good grazing menu. The relish on the Brie and other entrees is fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service could be BetterLocaldinerDined on 7/5/2014The food was very good. We sat outside, and the service was okay. We had a table for three, but had only silverware for two. Our water was served in plastic cups, although the water bottle left on the table was glass. We had to prod the hostess to honor the request for outdoor seating that had been made with our reservation two days earlier.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCEtonyDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time there! Inside can be noisy, but the VIEW and atmosphere outside was great! Recommend it to anyone to try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAUmom1Dined on 6/28/2014Our reservation was at 7:15 on a Saturday evening so it was not surprising that the restaurant was busy. However, we were seated promptly and our server was attentive without being intrusive or making us feel rushed in any way. Food was excellent as it has been on every other occasion. The only complaint was the noise level in the large room where we were seated. Hopefully the establishment will find a way to deaden some of the sound as I have no doubt they will have many busy nights.Special Features:
- Needs WorkdatenightdinerDined on 6/28/2014The reservation system was awesome and we were immediately seated when we arrived. Our table was right by the keyboard player and the volume was too high for descent conversation. Waiter couldn't pronounce items on the menu and wasn't very attentive.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Sandy Point Beach House reviews archive.
- Interesting tasty food, but...repeatoffenderDined on 6/27/2014We would have been entirely satisfied, but the perch was ridiculous, especially for the price - a few scrawny little pieces on a huge plate. Not even sure they were perch. A call for the owner was finally answered with some excuses, an offer for more and a credit. Avoid the perch. The rest is yummy and recommended. Reserve. The crowds can be huge.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ~Not GoodDickVIPDined on 6/24/2014The app--breads and spreads was good. The desserts were very good. The "special" ribs were burned and dry. The perch was soggy and tasteless. The haddock was burned.
- Loved the food, service wasn't goodbeachgirlDined on 6/21/2014Server brought pint glasses and a bottle of water after we waited, ignored, for 10 minutes. We emptied the bottle right away. It was removed from the table and never replaced despite several requests. The bar was "slammed" we were told after it took over 10 more minutes to get our cocktails. The food made it worth the wait, however. Salad (greens & grains) was delicious, squash curry bisque was too thick but tasted great, scallop special and 1/2 chicken were fabulous. The blueberry/vanilla bean creme brulee was also wonderful- smooth, creamy with a perfectly caramelized crust. There were many parties of 8 or more and the noise level was off the charts. Not the place for a romantic dinner for 2...at least during tourist season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major YUM!!luv2eatVIPDined on 6/21/2014Having ordered take-out from SPBH this was our first experience dining in the restaurant. The menu definitely has something for everyone...from gourmet burgers to outstanding gourmet meals. Had the pork shank on Boursin grits and it was absolutely fantastic! My husband ordered halibut that was moist, delicious and full of flavor. Though children may find their favorite missing from the menu, the SPBH is kid friendly! Highly recommend anyone in the area stop for a truly memorable dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great out door setting1partyplannerDined on 6/19/2014Our group had dinner out door on the patio. It was a great setting with great service. I would recommended it if you are looking for a relaxing night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food way too NOISY!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014The food and service was very good. However, if you are wanting to talk to the person on the other side of the table - forget about it. This was my second and last time going to Sandy Point, I thought I would give it another try. I had the same experience both times, the noise level in the dining areas is ridiculous. It could be a great place if they would add a little acoustical control so you can talk with others at your table without shouting.