5467 Victoria Avenue
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3L3Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandstonegrillhouse.com/
- Phone: 9053547225
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Bushie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cocktails, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us every Friday and Saturday for Wayne Malton on Piano from 7pm to 11pm, accompanied by Steve Kostyk on Guitar every Saturday night!
- Cross Street: Kitchener St.
- Public Transit: Less than a 3 minute walk from the WEGO Victoria Avenue/Bender Hill stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free on site parking available! Drive up parking on the north face of the restaurant, and a full parking lot on the south side. Overflow parking available for a nominal fee at the city lot just adjacent to Sandstone.
A word from Sandstone Grillhouse
Family owned and operated since 1972, Sandstone Grillhouse provides a warm, welcoming environment, generations-old recipes, made-from-scratch dishes, and the very best Steak Niagara has to offer. Serving Angus Reserve steaks, housemade Italian and succulent seafood, Sandstone has something for everyone, including burgers made from scratch, wine and dine features for $29/person, and our famous Chef's Table prix fixe. Join us indoors or on our patio (weather permitting) -- we're also Niagara's ONLY Dog-friendly patio! Perfect for romantic dinners, wedding celebrations or family night outs, Sandstone Grillhouse has something for everyone. No gimmicks, just great food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sandstone Grillhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)good for groups (3)romantic (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Fantastic!olivierschwartzDined on 9/14/2014I don't wrote many comments usually, but I have to say this: we really appreciate our evening! The owner and the server were SO attentive to us, they came a few times to make sure that everything was ok. The food was great too and it's sure that we will came back there when we're gonna return to Niagara :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, friendly, and good!photronDined on 9/10/2014A traditional restaurant, very helpful wait staff, and good food that met one's expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KayMidwestChickDined on 9/10/2014Incredibly good, fresh food. The staff was wonderful and the owner is a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired of over rated resortsDisappointedDined on 9/8/2014After seeing great reviews, and wanting more than pub style food offered at most of the Niagara Falls restaurants, we booked the Grillhouse. Quite disappointed. I chose the spicy pasta dish, which was not any better than you would find at a BPs at twice the price. One of our party ordered a tenderloin steak cooked medium to medium well. The waiter said the chef would "try". Instead it came out rare and on re-fire it still came out just medium rare. As, well all who ordered the steaks were mostly bland with little taste. With an average plate cost of 35$, we expected better. On the other hand, the Greek salad was a highlight. One of the best we have ever tasted.
- Hidden gemLIgirlDined on 9/1/2014This is an unassuming neighborhood restaurant that has excellent food an efficient friendly staff. The best French onion soup I ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SAMIAMDined on 8/18/2014On a recent visit to Niagara Falls we had the great fortune of finding the Sandstone Grill! The food was great and the staff was nice. Best of all they were not busy, the restaurant was convenient to our hotel, and it was not a tourist trap!Special Features:
- Great food and service at SandstonejaschweDined on 8/14/2014Everything at the Sandstone was excellent from the food to the service. Three of us ordered the Thursday night 3 course dinner special. The salads were on the smallish side but the greens, cheese and thyme dressing were delicious. My husband generally does not comment on salads and he mentioned how good it was. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, the oven roasted potatoes were some of the best I have had and the veggies were also great. Without the special, it would have been a bit pricey but with the special it was a great deal! I would definitely go again if we were in the Niagara area. We were there for a week and it was the best meal we had!Special Features:
- zhoikVIPDined on 8/4/2014Service is excellent, wine is very good, food is mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingfulltiltDined on 8/2/2014Food- The food was OK. I wouldn't say the value correlates with the price. Service - One thing I will say is, the service is excellent. Ambiance - Nice atmosphere with the live music but the dress code is really (and I mean really) casual. If this restaurant wants to be taken seriously as a fine-dining experience it might want to strongly suggest a dress code. If not, adjust the prices to reflect a more casual dining experience. Overall - This restaurant has an identity crisis. It needs to choose whether it's fine-dining or casual and then have the prices reflected accordingly.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Sandstone Grillhouse reviews archive.