40 Tramway Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87122Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Sandiago's Mexican Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandiapeakrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (505) 856-6692
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
If you would like to ride the Tram, dinner reservations will receive a discount by showing their dinner receipt to the Tram cashier. The Tram does not offer a discount to lunch patrons; unless it is for a group of 20 or more which has been arranged in advance.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: The green chile chicken and the red chile cheese enchiladas are popular for any event, or we can deliver and serve most of the items on our menu. We also offer an extensive take-out menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room, the Cantina, is the perfect location to have a group dinner or cocktail party. The great food and amazing views will impress your guests and business associates. We have special group menus which can be viewed on our website under the group header. Currently the Cantina seats up to 50 people.
At Sandiago's we offer you menu choices and views at a better price. We can also offer your group a ride on the Sandia Peak Tramway at a discounted rate.
Don't forget about the hand crafted over-sized margaritas...they're a hit at any party!
- Private Party Contact: Maria Torres 5058567899x
- Special Events: The International Balloon Fiesta will be from October 6-14. Any party bigger than 6 people please call the restaurant at 505-856-6692 to check on availability.
- Cross Street: Tramway Blvd.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: A large parking lot is available at the base of the Sandia Peak Tramway. There is bus and RV parking. Up until 5:00 PM daily there is a $1.00 per car charge. Please bring your parking ticket into Sandiago's and we will reimburse you, on your check.
Come see what we see at Sandiago's!
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Great atmosphere and viewtallone78Dined on 10/28/2014If you want a place in Albuquerque that has a view overlooking the city, this is the place to go to. Although you can find better Mexican food in town, combine the view with the ambiance and service and you have a must go to place while you are visiting or if you are a local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so food, great viewAdventuredinerDined on 10/27/2014The guacamole was commercial and terrible. The salsa was below average in comparison with other local restaurants. It was heavy on strong white onion and canned tomatoes with fresh cilantro thrown in to try and make it freshly made and original. It was served in small ramekin type bowls that were too small to fit the chips (good) that were served with it. The variety on the menu was good, portions generous and the prices were reasonable. The food was pedestrian as local Mexican cuisine goes. Both the red and green chile sauces were average with a reasonable amount of distinctive flavor and spice level. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The dessert tray was original and best part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointed.lovefoodDined on 10/23/2014Ordered guacamole which tasted bad ( avocados too ripe). Ordered burrito with very bad tasting red sauce, only ate inside of same. Their "red" rice had same seasoning as sauce. After this experience, we cancelled all Mexican food places from itinerary.
- Just So So Mexican FoodMr417Dined on 10/12/2014We took some out of town guests to Sandiago's which was also our first time there (even though we are locals) on 10/12/2014. We where not at all thrilled with the food quality (it's wasn't flavorful at all and they didn't even serve real guacamole) but everything else was fine (the view, the atmosphere, and the service). In addition, even with reservations we still had to wait for an extended period of time to be seated due to the patio being closed due to weather conditions (high winds). For true authentic New Mexico Mexican food there are better options elsewhere in town if having a awesome view while eating isn't a necessity. I would only recommend the restaurant for drinks and an appetizer on the patio for a social gathering.Special Features:
- Dinner at Sandiego's Mexican GrillLightkeeperVIPDined on 10/12/2014I cannot imagine a better setting for dinner that Sandiego's. The sunset over Albuquerque is breathtaking, matched by the meal itself. I do not visit Albuquerque without dinner at Sandiego's. Make sure you make a reservation through Opentable. I did and despite a full house, my wife and I were seated at exactly the time reserved.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great view fantastic service and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- nice restaurantRyanJDined on 10/10/2014its consistently good and you can't beat their view in Abq!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful view of AlburquerqueLindaAADined on 10/10/2014We were so glad we had made reservations - it was a busy weekend. We were quickly accommodated. The view at night was breathtaking and overall good food and service.Special Features:
- Unique New Mexican with ViewsOldCoupleDined on 10/7/2014The food is spicy but not your normal New Mexican fare. The views are great and the sunsets are spectacular. The prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmerinaM1Dined on 9/28/2014Service was outstanding. New Waitress; but she was friendly and patient. Everyone was attentive towards us. Loved the atmosphere the best!! You need more variety in your menu. Loved the Watermelon Margarita! The guacamole had a bitter taste to it. All and all it was nice. Love that you give a discount to your customers who paid for a ride on tram. Please make sure to mention this to your customers. We asked and our ticket had to be amended and credit card was re-scanned afterwards...what a hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Views!DevineGalDined on 9/19/2014Made a Reservation for my husband's birthday At Sandiago's Mexican Grill.The Restaurant was Nice And Inviting.The Views from The Restaurant Were Absolutely Stunning! Food Was Ok! Service was So-So. I Would Definitely Recommend simply based on the views from the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT views!MissycervDined on 9/13/2014If your visiting from out of town you will love the view and NM cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I took a date their and we had a great time. Food, scenic view, and pretty good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutandaboutVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great view of the valley. Fun atmosphere. Good variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately unimpressedMd14Dined on 8/30/2014We were seated quickly and the server was knowledgable about the menu. We ate on the patio and there was a gorgeous view of the city and mountains. The server, while knowledgable, spoke very quickly and corrected my boyfriend a couple times which seemed a bit rude. The caso was good as were the chips. I ordered chicken enchiladas and my boyfriend had a chicken BBQ type dish. His was pretty good... mine however looked like it had been overcooked and then drowned to death in sauce. I could not make out what was what on the plate, it was such a mess. The chicken in my plate tasted like it was from a can... Yuck. It looked so unappealing I almost did not want to eat it and didn't finish it. The food was not worth the price in the end.Special Features:
- Exciting views!!HappyDinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014Go for the views. Overall, the food was good, competent handling of ingredients; I wished my taco salad shell had been warmer; the tequila was a hit with my dining companions and the waitstaff were in point and friendly. So, go, you won't be disappointed and what the food handles with competence, the views make up for by being spectacular!! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Beautiful view and great food! Great place to spend the afternoon with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!yesmaryDined on 8/9/2014If you live in ABQ or just traveling through, I think Sandiagos is a hidden gem and you mist go!! This is the 3rd time in 3 years that I have been here and I already can't wait to go back. The ambiance on the outside patio is great! Sitting inside, unless it's the dead of winter just isn't the same. The view at sunset from the balcony patio is amazing and reminded me just how beautiful ABQ can be. Both my daughter's and my dishes were delicious and very unique both in taste and presentation! The triple layered portobello mushroom stack is great for vegetarians and vegans alike. It had layers of mushrooms and black bean puree on a bed of grilled Kale. My daughter (18) had the chicken and it too was simply divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YOUR BASIC MEXICAN RESTURANTraymDined on 8/3/2014GOOD VIEWS BUT FOOD AND SERVICE WERE JUST WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT IN A MEXICAN RESTURANT. NOT A GLUTIN FREE FRIENDLY RESTURANT....NO ONE WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE ISSUES.Special Features:
- Making things right!FavoriteVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have dined at Sandiago's Mexican Grill a number of times, and this time was a little off. Both my wife's and my meals came from the kitchen incorrect, but the wait person was quick to make them right. The blood orange margarita was also not up to usual. The manager overheard my wife telling the wait person about the margarita, checked the preparation with the bar, and came back to the table to apologize, indicating that they did not make the margarita correctly, and asked if she would like another drink on the house. This is a great example of management doing what is right to please the customer!Special Features:
- Love the view!chefjudeVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nice late night snack and beverage. Our server was excellent!!Special Features:
- The following 384 reviews are from the Sandiago's Mexican Grill reviews archive.
- Better than average food...chefjudeVIPDined on 7/21/2014We were initially seated inside but requested a change to the outdoor patio. Wonderful view of sunset and city lights. I had a relleno - poblano stuffed w 3 cheeses. Crust was tasteless. My husband enjoyed his blue corn enchiladas. Our bill w 2 drinks and tip ran around $50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not all it seemsbjc006Dined on 7/18/2014Per hostess, reservations are just first come first serve... We were put at next available table in back with walk-ins. Website doesn't clearly show the facility is not on top with other restaurant. Tram website suggestion operation until 8 pm but operator said it stays open until 10 pm+. Which would provide more flexibility for scheduling dinner. All-in-all ambiguous information on reservations and utilization of facilities, but food was good and servers were helpful.
- Great FoodSanRivDined on 7/12/2014Great food and atmosphere. Had a great time with the whole family. Very reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- Albuquerque city lightsXMfanDined on 7/9/2014A great place to dine with the city lights of Albuquerque as a backdrop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/26/2014Food and service were excellent. Had Mahi Mahi fish tacos and Portabello vegie dish and both were excellent. Pico de Gallo was excellent! Only complaint is the help (which they had a lot of) kept trying to take our chips away after our dinner was served. Anyway, will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another chancexquizitDined on 6/22/2014Once our food was brought to us correctly, it was delicious. My dinner was returned once and my husband's twice. We will give them another chance.Special Features:
- The waiters and waitressesluvtheviewDined on 6/20/2014The shirts that everyone wore were great. The other thing that I liked about your restaurant was when the people left the table all the waiters and waitress helped each other to get the table clean for the next group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatAmsterdamDined on 6/18/2014The food is New Mexico style and very good. Love watching the sunset from our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WahinewannabeDined on 6/17/2014Hubby & IalwYs look forward to Date Night at Sandiagos - views are never the same, yet always memmorable. Blue Vorm Enchiladas are super & staff is very attentive. We're local & go every 2-3 months for fun dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service and lousy foodnmdinerDined on 6/15/2014We had reservations and arrived on time. It took them 20 minutes to seat us, even though there were empty tables. We asked for an outside table and when we arrived they did not have any available. However, once we waited 20 minutes, there were tables that had become available, but they did not seat us there. I have had the fish tacos many times and love them. They were awful this time. The noise level was terrible. We had to yell to hear each other. My dad had the blue corn chicken enchiladas and they were delicious. This was a place we would go often, especially with out of town guests due to the location, but we won't be going back.Special Features:
- DinnerDHWPRODined on 6/14/2014Restaurant had a decent atmosphere and was not very busy when we arrived early on a Saturday evening. The server was not very personable but relatively attentive overall. The food was over-priced for the quality, presentation and taste. For instance, the chicken tacos on a soft corn tortilla were very difficult to eat and fell apart the first time you picked them up. The chicken was in very large chunks with only one soggy corn tortilla surrounding. Needless to say, you should have two tortillas (as many restaurants do) when using soft corn and the tacos fell apart easily. In short, we would probably not go back given the overall experience to price ratio. Views are nice as the restaurant sits at the base of the Sandia tram.Special Features:
- Uninterested wait staffdinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014On this visit, I experienced much disappointment with my waiter. He seemed very uninterested in our table and took a rather long time to bring us our drinks. As a matter of fact, by the time our drinks arrived, our entree's arrived. That is not to say that our entree's arrived quickly, it just shows how unmotivated our wait staff was. Another irritation was the mosquitos...THEY WERE EVERYWHERE! If the food had not been delicious, I would have given this place 1 star, but the food is what saved all the other shortfall of this restaurant.Special Features:
- City viewbbssDined on 6/11/2014The outside deck offers a nice view of Albuquerque, especially in the early evening. Food was average but service attentive. Convenient for a meal before or after taking the tram to Sandia Peak.Special Features:
- a frequent favoriteacara1Dined on 6/7/2014We love San Diago's coconut Margarita's, salads, relleno and Taco's. The view is beautiful and the service is personal and friendly. They are a regular favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJCReviewsDined on 6/6/2014Fish tacos were outstanding, got them with mahi mahi. Guacamole and pico de gallo are excellent. We eat here 2 or 3 times a year and the food is always excellent and the views are spectacular. One of our favorite restaurants in Albuquerque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014I have been to Sandiago's many times, and they never disappoint. Food always great. Best view!Special Features:
- Great ViewcpalynnDined on 5/30/2014The view is why I come here. It's a great place to watch the summer thunderstorms from. The food is good, but being a vegan I'm fairly limited. The portobello mushroom is very tasty though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food w/ great viewsNM1stTimersDined on 5/28/2014As long as you don't get too specific on what you want to eat, you should enjoy your meal. But, if you start asking to remove things, it will probably get messed up and not come out how you want. Other than that, the place is ok, although we have had better food at other places - it's not terrible.Special Features:
- Unique Mexican with a ViewOldCoupleDined on 5/21/2014Lots Of Options To Customize Your Dish.Chile Sauces Are Spicy And Delicious. Portions Are Large And Wait Staff Is Attentive. Sunset Views Are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.