40 Tramway Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87122Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Sandiago's Mexican Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandiapeakrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 5058566692x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
If you would like to ride the Tram, dinner reservations will receive a discount by showing their dinner receipt to the Tram cashier. The Tram does not offer a discount to lunch patrons; unless it is for a group of 20 or more which has been arranged in advance.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: The green chile chicken and the red chile cheese enchiladas are popular for any event, or we can deliver and serve most of the items on our menu. We also offer an extensive take-out menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room, the Cantina, is the perfect location to have a group dinner or cocktail party. The great food and amazing views will impress your guests and business associates. We have special group menus which can be viewed on our website under the group header. Currently the Cantina seats up to 50 people.
At Sandiago's we offer you menu choices and views at a better price. We can also offer your group a ride on the Sandia Peak Tramway at a discounted rate.
Don't forget about the hand crafted over-sized margaritas...they're a hit at any party!
- Private Party Contact: Maria Torres 5058567899x
- Special Events: The International Balloon Fiesta will be from October 6-14. Any party bigger than 6 people please call the restaurant at 505-856-6692 to check on availability.
- Cross Street: Tramway Blvd.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: A large parking lot is available at the base of the Sandia Peak Tramway. There is bus and RV parking. Up until 5:00 PM daily there is a $1.00 per car charge. Please bring your parking ticket into Sandiago's and we will reimburse you, on your check.
Come see what we see at Sandiago's!
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- GREAT views!MissycervDined on 9/13/2014If your visiting from out of town you will love the view and NM cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I took a date their and we had a great time. Food, scenic view, and pretty good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutandaboutVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great view of the valley. Fun atmosphere. Good variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately unimpressedMd14Dined on 8/30/2014We were seated quickly and the server was knowledgable about the menu. We ate on the patio and there was a gorgeous view of the city and mountains. The server, while knowledgable, spoke very quickly and corrected my boyfriend a couple times which seemed a bit rude. The caso was good as were the chips. I ordered chicken enchiladas and my boyfriend had a chicken BBQ type dish. His was pretty good... mine however looked like it had been overcooked and then drowned to death in sauce. I could not make out what was what on the plate, it was such a mess. The chicken in my plate tasted like it was from a can... Yuck. It looked so unappealing I almost did not want to eat it and didn't finish it. The food was not worth the price in the end.Special Features:
- Exciting views!!HappyDinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014Go for the views. Overall, the food was good, competent handling of ingredients; I wished my taco salad shell had been warmer; the tequila was a hit with my dining companions and the waitstaff were in point and friendly. So, go, you won't be disappointed and what the food handles with competence, the views make up for by being spectacular!! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Beautiful view and great food! Great place to spend the afternoon with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!yesmaryDined on 8/9/2014If you live in ABQ or just traveling through, I think Sandiagos is a hidden gem and you mist go!! This is the 3rd time in 3 years that I have been here and I already can't wait to go back. The ambiance on the outside patio is great! Sitting inside, unless it's the dead of winter just isn't the same. The view at sunset from the balcony patio is amazing and reminded me just how beautiful ABQ can be. Both my daughter's and my dishes were delicious and very unique both in taste and presentation! The triple layered portobello mushroom stack is great for vegetarians and vegans alike. It had layers of mushrooms and black bean puree on a bed of grilled Kale. My daughter (18) had the chicken and it too was simply divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YOUR BASIC MEXICAN RESTURANTraymDined on 8/3/2014GOOD VIEWS BUT FOOD AND SERVICE WERE JUST WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT IN A MEXICAN RESTURANT. NOT A GLUTIN FREE FRIENDLY RESTURANT....NO ONE WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE ISSUES.Special Features:
- Making things right!FavoriteVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have dined at Sandiago's Mexican Grill a number of times, and this time was a little off. Both my wife's and my meals came from the kitchen incorrect, but the wait person was quick to make them right. The blood orange margarita was also not up to usual. The manager overheard my wife telling the wait person about the margarita, checked the preparation with the bar, and came back to the table to apologize, indicating that they did not make the margarita correctly, and asked if she would like another drink on the house. This is a great example of management doing what is right to please the customer!Special Features:
- Love the view!chefjudeVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nice late night snack and beverage. Our server was excellent!!Special Features:
- Better than average food...chefjudeVIPDined on 7/21/2014We were initially seated inside but requested a change to the outdoor patio. Wonderful view of sunset and city lights. I had a relleno - poblano stuffed w 3 cheeses. Crust was tasteless. My husband enjoyed his blue corn enchiladas. Our bill w 2 drinks and tip ran around $50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not all it seemsbjc006Dined on 7/18/2014Per hostess, reservations are just first come first serve... We were put at next available table in back with walk-ins. Website doesn't clearly show the facility is not on top with other restaurant. Tram website suggestion operation until 8 pm but operator said it stays open until 10 pm+. Which would provide more flexibility for scheduling dinner. All-in-all ambiguous information on reservations and utilization of facilities, but food was good and servers were helpful.
- Great FoodSanRivDined on 7/12/2014Great food and atmosphere. Had a great time with the whole family. Very reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- Albuquerque city lightsXMfanDined on 7/9/2014A great place to dine with the city lights of Albuquerque as a backdrop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/26/2014Food and service were excellent. Had Mahi Mahi fish tacos and Portabello vegie dish and both were excellent. Pico de Gallo was excellent! Only complaint is the help (which they had a lot of) kept trying to take our chips away after our dinner was served. Anyway, will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another chancexquizitDined on 6/22/2014Once our food was brought to us correctly, it was delicious. My dinner was returned once and my husband's twice. We will give them another chance.Special Features:
- The waiters and waitressesluvtheviewDined on 6/20/2014The shirts that everyone wore were great. The other thing that I liked about your restaurant was when the people left the table all the waiters and waitress helped each other to get the table clean for the next group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatAmsterdamDined on 6/18/2014The food is New Mexico style and very good. Love watching the sunset from our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WahinewannabeDined on 6/17/2014Hubby & IalwYs look forward to Date Night at Sandiagos - views are never the same, yet always memmorable. Blue Vorm Enchiladas are super & staff is very attentive. We're local & go every 2-3 months for fun dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service and lousy foodnmdinerDined on 6/15/2014We had reservations and arrived on time. It took them 20 minutes to seat us, even though there were empty tables. We asked for an outside table and when we arrived they did not have any available. However, once we waited 20 minutes, there were tables that had become available, but they did not seat us there. I have had the fish tacos many times and love them. They were awful this time. The noise level was terrible. We had to yell to hear each other. My dad had the blue corn chicken enchiladas and they were delicious. This was a place we would go often, especially with out of town guests due to the location, but we won't be going back.Special Features:
- DinnerDHWPRODined on 6/14/2014Restaurant had a decent atmosphere and was not very busy when we arrived early on a Saturday evening. The server was not very personable but relatively attentive overall. The food was over-priced for the quality, presentation and taste. For instance, the chicken tacos on a soft corn tortilla were very difficult to eat and fell apart the first time you picked them up. The chicken was in very large chunks with only one soggy corn tortilla surrounding. Needless to say, you should have two tortillas (as many restaurants do) when using soft corn and the tacos fell apart easily. In short, we would probably not go back given the overall experience to price ratio. Views are nice as the restaurant sits at the base of the Sandia tram.Special Features:
- Uninterested wait staffdinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014On this visit, I experienced much disappointment with my waiter. He seemed very uninterested in our table and took a rather long time to bring us our drinks. As a matter of fact, by the time our drinks arrived, our entree's arrived. That is not to say that our entree's arrived quickly, it just shows how unmotivated our wait staff was. Another irritation was the mosquitos...THEY WERE EVERYWHERE! If the food had not been delicious, I would have given this place 1 star, but the food is what saved all the other shortfall of this restaurant.Special Features:
- City viewbbssDined on 6/11/2014The outside deck offers a nice view of Albuquerque, especially in the early evening. Food was average but service attentive. Convenient for a meal before or after taking the tram to Sandia Peak.Special Features:
- a frequent favoriteacara1Dined on 6/7/2014We love San Diago's coconut Margarita's, salads, relleno and Taco's. The view is beautiful and the service is personal and friendly. They are a regular favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJCReviewsDined on 6/6/2014Fish tacos were outstanding, got them with mahi mahi. Guacamole and pico de gallo are excellent. We eat here 2 or 3 times a year and the food is always excellent and the views are spectacular. One of our favorite restaurants in Albuquerque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014I have been to Sandiago's many times, and they never disappoint. Food always great. Best view!Special Features:
- Great ViewcpalynnDined on 5/30/2014The view is why I come here. It's a great place to watch the summer thunderstorms from. The food is good, but being a vegan I'm fairly limited. The portobello mushroom is very tasty though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food w/ great viewsNM1stTimersDined on 5/28/2014As long as you don't get too specific on what you want to eat, you should enjoy your meal. But, if you start asking to remove things, it will probably get messed up and not come out how you want. Other than that, the place is ok, although we have had better food at other places - it's not terrible.Special Features:
- Unique Mexican with a ViewOldCoupleDined on 5/21/2014Lots Of Options To Customize Your Dish.Chile Sauces Are Spicy And Delicious. Portions Are Large And Wait Staff Is Attentive. Sunset Views Are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 365 reviews are from the Sandiago's Mexican Grill reviews archive.
- disorganized staff, great viewdisappointedDined on 5/5/2014We booked a table for a party of 5 for my birthday well in advance, since it was Cinco de Mayo. Our reservation was 7 pm, I even called a couple of days before to make sure all was set. When we arrived at 645, the girl at the desk said her manager told her (?) they were busy, though the restaurant was not full, so we stood at the bar for a drink, which became several, as they did not seat us until 735. Then the waiter informed us they closed at 830 (!) so proceeded to rush us through what was supposed to be a festive event. The staff is very poorly managed, they seemed quite unhappy to be working there, pretty bad attitudes all around.Special Features:
- not gluten freeglutenfreedinerDined on 5/3/2014the restaurant's site said they had gluten free food but their chips were not and the kitchen staff didn't seem to understand what we needed. waitress was great trying to help and the special margarita was fabulous. they let us bring in our own chips but we were just lucky to have some with us. I did get glutened on my trip and I think it was at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view / Bad foodpapadoggDined on 5/3/2014Even though Sandiago's has the best view of the city it doesn't improve the quality of the food. My date started with the Scallop and Shrimp Civeche with Jalipenio and guess what it had. For an entrée we both ordered the Blue Corn Tortilla Enchilada's with the shredded beef and the beef was so stringy and tough neither one of us could eat it.Special Features:
- Great ViewFoodLoverDined on 5/2/2014We enjoy taking out of town guests to Sandiago's's. The view is spectacular, the food is always good and reasonably priced, the service is very good and not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Busy for Good Service?FavoriteVIPDined on 4/18/2014We have dined at Sandiago's Mexican Grill dozens of times in the past, and it seems when they are extremely busy, as they were on April 18th, that the kitchen doesn't get things right! The service was good, but the food was mediocre, and the order received was not exactly what was ordered.Special Features:
- Very nice viewDelta1Dined on 4/4/2014Our initial intent was to make the trip to the restuarnat at the top, but as it turns out the Tram was down for bi-annual service. We still wanted to experience the view, so we decided to make this restaurant our stop. Glad we did. Good food and a very nice sunset. Would definitely do it again and recommend it to anyone coming to Albuquerque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican food in ABQmlmdjdDined on 3/28/2014We have been trying out numerous Mexican/New Mexican places to choose a place for an upcoming party. This is the one we decided has the best food. They have some classical Mexican dishes but also many different, more creative dishes. All were very yummy and unlike some other places, not overwhelming large. My husband had the carne adovada, which he loved. I tried the meat by itself and I wasn't sure I liked it but my husband said when it was mixed with the guac/salsa/sour cream, it was great. I had a special seafood dish -- very nicely done. It does have a nice view of the valley but since that is towards the west, it is a bit sunny.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Server was indifferent....didn't want to be there. Kinda rude. food was OK...My son had tacos and the meet was too dry to finish. What would bring us back is to enjoy the views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE SANDIAGO'SFoodieMomDined on 3/21/2014We LOVE this restaurant and have been going there for years! The staff are friendly and fun. The Portobello Stack is awesome, and a special treat for those of us who avoid animal products. They also serve the best pina coladas in town. I get mine "virgin" style (without alcohol) for dessert! Our son is getting married in May, and we are having the rehearsal dinner at Sandiago's on the patio. The view is amazing! It can't be beat in Albuquerque. No wonder it's been voted The Best View in the City! Don't forget to make your reservations (use Open Table and earn points), though, and request a table by the windows or on the patio if it's warm enough. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time was had by all!repeteDined on 3/20/2014Our group of 10 enjoyed the view (sunset & city lights), the food (fresh & flavorful), the staff (patient, accommodating, and competent) and the price (great value for both food & drinks). We will be returning, and bringing more friends! My fish tacos were everything I could ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grill has tasty possibilitiesmariachimikeDined on 3/20/2014There are two eating options at the Sandia Peak Tramway, one at the top and the other at the bottom. Sandiago's is at the bottom of the tram, and was very quiet on a Thursday lunch, because there were few people there. Don't let that scare you, because the food is decent, and the prices are moderate. The menu favors the spicy Southwest fare. We went less spicy with the Southwest Chicken Chowder and the fish tacos. The cream-based crowder was loaded with chicken, corn, and a bit too much potato for my liking. We both enjoyed the grilled mahi-mahi in the tacos, along with the toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.