Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
1 Seascape Resort Dr.
Aptos, CA 95003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sanderlingsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (831) 662-7120
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00pm - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Karl Staub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our award-winning catering menu features traditional and contemporary dishes made with the freshest local ingredients.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are hosting a Rehearsal Dinner, Holiday Celebration, Baby or Bridal Shower, Business luncheon or dinner, we can help make your event special.
- Private Party Contact: Donita Branson 8316627122
- Entertainment: Sanderlings Bar Lounge features musical entertainment on Friday and Saturday Nights 8:30pm until midnight or later.
- Special Events: Whether you are hosting a Rehearsal Dinner, Holiday Celebration, Baby or Bridal Shower, Business luncheon or dinner, we can help make your event special.
A word from Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
Sanderlings Restaurant at Seascape Beach Resort offers elegant, casual dining with a spectacular ocean view from sunrise to sunset.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort - Best Restaurants in Aptos ›
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (24)great for outdoor dining (17)special occasion (16)romantic (12)good for groups (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- 13th Birthday DinnerkarensclrDined on 11/1/2014My son didn't like his salmon and just two weeks ago at Shadowbrook in Capitola, he inhaled his salmon dinner. We were in a corner near a window, but I asked to be next to a window. They brought him creme brulee with a candle in it, but it wasn't his dessert preference. I was disappointed overall in the food and service, but the view is spectacular and the fish tank is mesmerizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate.....foodiegaloreVIPDined on 10/12/2014What could have been a 5 star day was just mediocre at Sanderlings, Seascape. This venue is really beautiful, especially on a clear day! Our wait staff was one of the worst I've had in a while. No smile, couldn't be bothered attitude, asked for bread plates as there were none on the table, never got them.......order was not correct, food was warm not hot. Waitress did come buy very late in our meal with an insincere "How is everything". Really hope they get their act together as this could be such a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Service PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/12/2014Had brunch/lunch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and nature provided the most redeeming aspect of the dining experience. Service for our group of 4 was almost non existence, and would have been if we didn't get up 3 times to check w/servers and manager; one meal sent back and refused due to hygiene issue. A wedding was going on outside at the time perhaps that is why they were so short or erratic on service? However, the restaurant was not crowded Food was OK; clam chowder very good, my husband's burger good, too. Very nice area to visit but won't dine there again.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting and great food!KodiakzackDined on 10/11/2014We were seated outside to enjoy the beautiful bluff-top ocean view setting. The restaurant wisely provided heaters to ensure our comfort throughout the cool evening. The servers timed everything very well. The hostess seated us in a perfect position to view Capitola's spectacular fireworks show. The roasted baby beet & Humboldt Fog salads, New York strip steak, and Crispy Polenta Napoleon were exceptional. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingBuzz94583Dined on 9/27/2014Highly recommend. Beautiful setting. Wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, OK foodoccasionalDinerDined on 9/27/2014Food here is ok .. nothing like the "award winning" stuff described in the resort's website. Service is ok - most servers are very young. We had some bar snacks which were good, and brunch which I didn't like at all. The Omelette was bland, as was the Yogurt+granola. BUT the reason why you go here should be the view and nothing else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent. The service from the waiter was terrible, he came to our table once the entire time and that was to take our order. Thank goodness for a buser who should gave been the waiter did we get taken care of appropriately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!MariedeniseDined on 8/31/2014Delicious food, and beautiful view and service! We love this place and look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, beautiful foodNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/24/2014Ocean view with great food. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love SanderlingsEat4FunDined on 8/5/2014We have been coming here for almost 20 years and we always enjoy our experience. They have the best chowder. I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere with nice windows and views. The food and drinks are great. An excellent restaurant to celebrate a birthday or other occasion. There are some perks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud children need to have an areajavonneVIPDined on 8/2/2014we were at dinner and understand the resort has guests with children - however, we should not be punished by poor parenting and obnoxious loud children. perhaps a designated area for families may work better... In addition the scallop dish was very disappointing - iodine was all I could taste - not fresh scallops and funky undercooked veggies over scant mashed potatoes - very disappointing ---
- The following 278 reviews are from the Sanderlings - Seascape Resort reviews archive.
- Beautiful viewGgggDined on 7/27/2014We loved the view from the outdoor patio! The food was good. The service was ok. But the view will bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewSunnyDined on 7/22/2014The cocktails were excellent. The beet and Humbolt Fog salad was fabulous and huge so we split it and it was perfect. I had the petit filet with lobster tail and my husband had the rib eye on the special. Food was excellent. Unfortunately it was marred by the service. We waited a long time betw our entree course and dessert and then a long time, probably 30 minutes for our check. Dinner was at 6pm and we weren't out until 8pm. Fortunately we were in no hurry.Special Features:
- Come for the ViewDLB62Dined on 7/20/2014Had a Sunday brunch here on a beautiful day. Was not crowded we opted to sit on the patio. The view and patio was awesome and made it all worth while. The food was typical banquet quality (forgettable) while $20 is a decent price you are better off to skip the buffet and order off the menu. I would not return to eat but I would for drinks and apps on the patio with the ocean in the background. Great wedding spot too.Special Features:
- Great place!MariedeniseDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful and relaxing dining experience. Will definitely be returning in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular locationgardengirlDined on 7/17/2014I always enjoy eating at Sanderlings. It is a great place to bring out-of-towners. The walk along the bluffs after lunch is stunning. The food is good and the service is friendly. Santa Cruz/Aptos does not have many upscale environments. This fits the bill very nicely.Special Features:
- Disappointment on July 13, 2014GiovanniDined on 7/14/2014We were seated outside on July 14 at 1 PM. The gas heater was not set up until we were about to leave an hour later 80 minutes later. Ordered an asian salad which had 5 cubes of chicken and was covered with fried wontons so that I couldn't find the greens.....a big waste of money. The outdoor seating provides the magnificent ocean views.Special Features:
- Accommodated Reservation ChangeNCrisDined on 7/12/2014We were running behind and when I called to let them know they said 'no problem' and we had our table ready at the updated dining time upon arrival. Some increases in service for the entree price would be nice - such are replacing the silverware between appetizers/salads and entree's, but these are very minor details in the large scheme. Good food and a really pretty view.Special Features:
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our waitress Stephanie was very attentive. The food was great I had the special Alaskan Halibut and it was cooked perfectly. My friend had the poached pear salad and OMG the pears were amazing! I'm definitely trying that next time I go back. It was a memorable date! Thank you.Special Features:
- We love SanderlingsBertieDined on 7/5/2014We had another fabulous dinner at Sanderlings on July 5th. I had lobster tail, my guest had salmon. We started with the caesar salad and ended with Creme Brulee (some of the best I have ever had). The service is outstanding. We ended up having brunch here the very next morning on Sunday, July 6th. The ocean view was breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealDoctorNo428Dined on 7/5/2014We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary and had dinner at Sanderlings. All of the staff were attentive, friendly and professional, from the hostess to the server to the bus person. The food was delicious. Wine list had some reasonably priced bottles of wine. We would definitely go back for a special occasion since it is a little pricey. We would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute Disappointment!PastaDined on 7/3/2014Had a 7:45pm reservation, checked in about 15 minutes early and were told they were seating at reservation time, no worries we said we'd wait in the bar. After being in the bar for 30 minutes, I decided to go check with the hostess again as no one came to let us know our table was ready and we didn't hear anyone calling our name, which we were listening for. They had a hard time finding our name on their list, when they finally did they told us that another party had claimed our table! They were able to seat us, but unfortunately we ended up at a table in the center of the room in a heavy traffic area rather than the window table looking out at the ocean! Service was terrible, food was not good. Not the best start to a weekend at the beach!
- SanderlingsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014Service was horrendous. We had a reservation at 7:30 and did not get seated until about 7:50 and only because my husband went and asked what the problem was, the hostess seemed to have forgotten all about us. The restaurant was not even very crowded. Once we were seated we ordered right away - - it took about 30 min to get our salads. Our two young daughters were with us and instead of bringing them their meals they had to wait until our second courses came out. When I realized this I flagged the waitress and she was clueless/ I told her we were not complainers but this was ridiculous. I don't think we got all of our food until about 9. Food was excellent, but service over shadowed it.Special Features:
- Great BreakfastBoxterVIPDined on 7/2/2014We came to the resort to have breakfast on our way to Monterey. We enjoyed a nice quiet breakfast with a great view and personal service. We'll definately return.Special Features:
- SanderlingswallyDined on 6/28/2014We are repeat customers and come back because we like the food, service and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a vacation treatSusanDined on 6/25/2014Even after living in the area since before the resort was built, it still feels as if I'm on some elegant vacation when I dine at Sanderling's, whether for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Lunchlunchdate2Dined on 6/16/2014Brought my wife for lunch here on our 30th year anniversary, and the scenic view was great. The Service was also great. The food was good, normal American food you would find in most restaurants. Everything was great. I would definitely go back again. My wife enjoyed it and had a great time as well.Special Features:
- Fine diningFinediningfindDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful restaurant. Ambiance great. Food excellent. Place romantic in nice setting by water. Bar had music. Lively and fun. GLSpecial Features:
- Seafood PastamermaidDined on 6/11/2014I was delighted when they served my seafood pasta and there was half of a crab. VERY DISAPPOINTED after cracking and removing the crab meat to find it had a strong ammonia smell and taste. It ruined the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful afternoonGgggDined on 5/17/2014Thank you, first of all, for being so accommodating with our reservation time. We had to change it a number of times that day before we actually showed up because of a graduation ceremony in Monterey that ran long. Once the eight of us got to Sanderlings, we felt well-taken care of. The table was perfectly situated to see the ocean, enjoy the sun. The food was delicious, the desserts wonderful! Our graduate enjoyed her time, as did the rest of us. Thank you, Sanderlings. We will be back!Special Features:
- JohnRNOonBuffetDined on 5/11/2014Beautiful setting outside for Mother's Day brunch. Only thing that could have been better was the buffet. Very mediocre, especially for $55/person. Took family to Hayes Mansion for Easter brunch---- wow. Great spread, service and decor. Of course, no Pacific Ocean View. I do recommend Sandelings, but for the view. The hostess was terrific too and handled the crowd gracefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunchlizzylizard217Dined on 5/11/2014We went here to celebrate Mother's Day with the brunch special. It was delicious and we were seated upstairs with the ocean view. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gam of an entree!Eastcoast4Dined on 5/6/2014The seared scallops on puréed cauliflower with a blackberry reeducation and pea tendrils was an out of the park home run! All four of us ordered it after recommendations from our attentive waiter, and everyone of us raved. The house salad was excellent, but we wouldn't bother wasting calories on the desserts which were okay--except for the lemon tart with fresh berries--yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingTasteeDined on 5/6/2014Wonderful place to unwind after a long day or a romantic dinner. The views are spectacular from every angle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely spotdocky2VIPDined on 5/3/2014Every time we came to California, we tried to stay at or visit SeaScape and Sanderlings. It is a lovely spot. The view is beautiful, the food is very good and the place is welcoming. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find after a long day of drivingBCJofBCDined on 4/30/2014This resort and restaurant were a dream fulfilled. Staff were welcoming and attentive. Service, food, ambience with a sunset over the ocean were all exceptional. The organic roasted chicken was succulent, flavorful and ample. The seafood pasta--a large bowl filled with 1/2 a crab plus a variety of tasty gems from the sea- was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentButchDined on 4/30/2014I love this place! It has the most spectacular views of the Monterey Bay. The service is perfect (professional yet friendly), just the right amount of attention - not hovering but available at a moments notice. The food has been very good every time we've dined there. The 'specials' are inexpensive, tasty and there's plenty of it.Special Features:
- mom's brithdaymistyDined on 4/27/2014Took mom to Sanderlings instead of the Santa Cruz Wharf and it was such a nice pleasant surprise. None of the chaos and clamor of the wharf and a very nice, calm and beautiful setting. Service was excellent (thanks Manuel) and food was very good. We did not get rushed out to make room for more diners because Sanderlings has plenty of space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen was VERY slowdiningwithrentsDined on 4/20/2014Service was fine. Kitchen was slow. Took ~ an hour to get food. We never received the appetizers or salads due to a miscommunication. Our server apologized several times as did the manager. They gave us free desserts in compensation, which we appreciated. When we were being seated, there was a table for 4 right next to the view windows. We asked to be seated there but were told someone was waiting for it. Someone was finally seated there, but they only stayed a short time. What a waste. We ended up near the back wall, 4 of us at a table for 6, next to a very loud large party. Food was OK, nothing memorable. Overall experience – only fair.
- Great for a holiday outing.SuzDinnerDinerDined on 4/20/2014The restaurant was very busy, but without any tenseness or drama. I had a Grilled Asparagus Salad to start. It had some interesting flavors - Balsamic Onions, Shaved Fennel, and Manchego Cheese, all on a bed of spinach. The Deviled Egg was especially good - but the Basil Oil dressing was a bit bland for my taste. The Entree was excellent, a nice portion of Sautéed Halibut with Marinated Beets, served with a really great Saffron Couscous with Watercress. A tasty Horseradish Yogurt topped the Beets, an interesting, flavorful addition. We lingered a bit over a second cup coffee, and enjoyed the Cypress Trees, Pines, and Pacific Ocean Views, definitely in no rush to leave this delightful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.