Sand Point Grill
5412 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sand Point Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandpointgrillseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 729-1303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Craig Bartleson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Sand Point Grill
Welcome to the Sand Point Grill. We have a great neighborhood restaurant and full bar for you to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Sand Point Grill - Best Restaurants in Roosevelt ›
Sand Point Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (28)kid-friendly (27)special occasion (9)notable wine list (8)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Sand Point Grill - Our first timeHiSchoolSweetsDined on 11/16/2014We will return for more great meals for sure. a wonderful neighborhood secret I am sure. I hope it is not harder to get a reservation by giving it a good review. The place is a find. Simple, yet well prepared food of interesting variety. Clearly a local family spot. Not very many seats and a small bar area. I get the idea tha it is big enough for its neighborhood and the operators, and that is a good feeling. The Pork Schnitzel, Fried Chicken, and Butternut Risotto were the main courses we had, all wonderful preparations.Delicious! Some wonderful desserts followed. All said and done, one of our favorite spots, now that we have found it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sand Point GrillMillieDined on 11/11/2014never disappoints....Sophisticated food in a "neighborhood spot...Great booth in the back where three generations celebrated...Thank you Sand Point Grill..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm receptionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014Sand Point Grill offers great food, warm, cozy environment and friendly staff. We enjoyed a terrific evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Found this place by accident and was pleasantly surprised by how great it was. Wonderful service and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Spot!TRSRDined on 11/1/2014A little, "hole-in-the-wall" spot with good food & friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodluvbugDined on 10/30/2014We have frequented this restaurant a few times and have been pleased with service and the delicious food, and we know good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Mignon cooked to perfectionTheMonkeyLadyVIPDined on 10/30/2014We went to Sand Point Grill to take advantage of Restaurant Week's $30 dinners. All four of us found the food excellent. My filet mignon was a generous portion and cooked to perfection ("rare"). The staff was friendly and made us feel right at home from the start. We arrived right on time and our table was waiting for us.Special Features:
- SeattleiteDined on 10/29/2014Delicious and tender filet with extra points for fast service on a Seattle Restaurant Week night.Special Features:
- Usual ExcellencerblumentVIPDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I ate here for our anniversary, and we were richly rewarded. I had a meal that was vegan, a toasted cauliflower entree with garlic granola and romanesco sauce. It was very flavorful and had a lovely variety of textures. My wife was thrilled with her King salmon as well. The servers are quite casual but very efficient and friendly. This is very much a neighborhood gem, with the feeling of it being a somewhat gourmet family restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite neighborhood restaurantfalbhanDined on 10/26/2014A very reliable neighborhood place that is comfortable, affordable and serves great high quality food.Special Features:
- Chef4TomChef4TomDined on 10/26/2014Three of us had variations of the $30 Seattle Restuarant Special. All were unique and excellant; from the vegetarian to the fish to the steak. We have been there before for more reasonable food and it to was very very good. That man is a CHEF.Special Features:
- Outstanding specials every nightlovegoodfoodVIPDined on 10/19/2014Sand Point Grill has specials every night. They are always outstanding! I've been there many times and am never disappointed. I come from Queen Anne to eat there!Special Features:
- Always excellent!SPmomVIPDined on 10/8/2014The fish special rotates daily but is always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fried chicken!ottermomDined on 10/3/2014We love Sand Point Grill-- their fish specials are always excellent, their fried chicken is awesome, and our daughter LOVES their mac & cheese. Also love the casual, friendly, neighborly ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningNicknameVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food was delicious -- we had scallops. Tthe service was lacking. We also had to wait for over half an hour for our reservation and asked for bread, but nobody brought it to us until the entrees came.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great local place to meet before events or after for a late night wind down timeSpecial Features:
- Outstanding...ROSTIDined on 9/16/2014Excellent service despite a bus mishap that made us 20 minutes late. Prompt, courteous service and a great meal before a special event. Was a high point of the evening.Special Features:
- Saturday 3 Course Dinner Was GreatmattdanDined on 9/6/2014The cauliflower and garlic soup to start was wonderful, and steelhead was beautifully done and delicious. Plus friendly service as always.Special Features:
- Best Neighborhood Restaurant!!LazyHomeCooksDined on 8/29/2014Amazing food, relaxing casual atmosphere, wonderful owner, wait staff etc. Our favorite place to dine after a busy day / week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot!LeslieDined on 8/24/2014Ate here twice after seeing a show at the near by theatre. The wait was short, the staff were friendly and the food was wonderful! Can't ask for more than that!Special Features:
- Neighborhood spotjapanesophileDined on 8/22/2014We chose Sandpoint Grill for dinner because we had a theater date in nearby Magnuson Park. I ordered a burger because I noticed that it was a popular choice. The ingredients were all high quality and the fries were delicious. Nothing really unusual, but the food was quite good. I would go back if I needed something in the neighborhood, but I would probably not make a specific trip just to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family restaurantCalgaryFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a small, family run place with all that entails - warm and friendly, but not professional service; good food for decent prices without being upscale or particularly innovative. If I lived in this neighborhood I'd probably go there once a month at least. The best entree of the night was salmon with a light maple glaze.Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the Sand Point Grill reviews archive.
- Wonderful first visitOutoftownguestDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and we will definitely return. The service was fantastic and the food was delicious. We had the Saturday special (3 courses for $30) and enjoyed every bite of every dish. Not sure why we hadn't tried this previously, but it is definitely on our favorites list.Special Features:
- Sand Point Grill Rocks!thesybariteDined on 7/11/2014Over the years I've been going, it gets better and better. The food is SUPERB. The Salmon exquisite. And the service and ambience could not be warmer and more attentive, yet respectful to let one have a nice private dinner with a companion without feeling "managed" or watched or over-served by wait staff.Special Features:
- Great food and servicefeedingthefam1Dined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed the experience, we were in the area for the weekend in a VRBO and tried different places every evening. This was our last evening place and I would have to say the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate twice in one night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Fabulous dinner off the specials menu. The pastry chef is a master at her craft!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, as usualrblumentVIPDined on 6/16/2014My wife and I have eaten here several times over the years, and every meal has been superb. We took a friend of ours this time, and we all loved it. The food was creative and delicious (never had garlic-almond granola before), the service was friendly and efficient, the ambiance is casual and very comfortable, and the vibes of the place are quite engaging. It is the utmost example of a "neighborhood gem."Special Features:
- Noisy childrenMichaelVIPDined on 6/15/2014Good food but very noisy small children took away from an otherwise nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful after work getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014SPG has a great happy hour! The food is excellent, the staff are superb, and it's a warm vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative comfort foodSPmomVIPDined on 6/3/2014Comfort food with a good focus on local ingredients. Picky kids, foodies, meat-and-potato lovers, vegans and folks with dairy and gluten allergies can all find something they will be delighted with! Worthy of special notice: the butter leaf salad is spectacular - seems like very simple, classic, ingredients but somehow comes together as the best salad I've ever had. My husband swears that their ribeye is better than he has had a local steakhouse, they make their own steak sauce! One last - the fish special is ALWAYS fantastic!Special Features:
- Reliably FabulousselectivedinerDined on 6/2/2014Sand Point Grill never disappoints. Service is friendly & attentive, menu is fresh & seasonal & their Happy Hour is the best secret in town (shhhh!). As a neighborhood regular, it remains my favorite spot to dine in the area.Special Features:
- Great local findMrnSDVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were visiting Seattle and found this on Open Table, not too far from where we were staying near UW. Wonderfully low-key neighborhood restaurant with great food and friendly and efficient service (we had the trout). Would come back next time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeRossDined on 5/24/2014We looked at the reviews on Open Doors and gave this place a shot two months earlier. It was great in every way - good food, very reasonable prices, kind of a Cheers ambience, some diners came in with their kids; great neighborhood place. We went again two nights ago - same exact experience. My wife and I go out to a restaurant almost every Saturday, usually to new ones to us, and about a third of the time to "regulars' we love. This is now a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrisDined on 5/24/2014First time here. Food was excellent. Very warm and friendly people working here. Did not like the seating. Chairs very uncomfortable. Only salads for vegetarians though.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Fare!jhaslamDined on 5/23/2014We just found this local gem last Friday. Great food made with quality ingredients. The small menu was made up of perfect choices for almost anybody. Attentive (but not overly) and friendly wait staff made the experience pleasant. The prices are moderate but well worth it for the quality of meal you are getting. My wife and I ordered some appetizers and split a Rueben sandwich. The sandwich was the best Reuben I've ever tasted - made with Gruyere cheese - and awesome fries! Great cocktails and local beers on tap. Cant say enough good things about this place - too bad we didn't find it sooner. We've lived in the area over 20 years and drove past this place all the time. Now that we've found it we will be coming back often.Special Features:
- Excellent food and warm placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and wonderful hosts/owners. They are conscientious and take care of their customers--wonderful gem for neighborhood and family and after work happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemSophikinsDined on 5/10/2014Sand Point Grill is our go-to place when we want a low stress, friendly place with reliable food. It is easy to park, they are super friendly, and have reliable good food. The Caesar salad is a favorite every time. Although not super exotic, the dishes are prepared interestingly enough for foodies to enjoy beyond the usual grill fare. We have come many times and never been disappointed. The cocktails also have some interesting choices. Just remember that you have to ask for bread (which is really good- warm little loaf).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food with fresh local spinSPmomVIPDined on 4/28/2014Fantastic food leaning towards comfort classics (fried chicken, reuben, pasta carbonara) but with options featuring fresh and local ingredients (try the fish special, always innovative and excellent!). The roasted cauliflower steak with black garlic granola, pickled cauliflower and romescu sauce is possibly the best gluten free, vegan entree ever! Very kid friendly with a small plate of cut fruit and veggies whisked out to your table right away, great kid menu and kids eat free Sun - Tuesday 5 - 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotGerpVIPDined on 4/26/2014Very interesting combination of comfort food and innovative menu items and preparations. We truly enjoyed our evening -- great happy hour, cosy bar, well made drinks. The dinner menu had something for everything. The clientell was a mix of ages, families, couples, etc. The food was well prepared. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HomeyYummyDined on 4/24/2014What's is nice about this place is it has great food for being basically a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.