Sand Point Grill
5412 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sand Point Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sandpointgrillseattle.com/
- Phone: 2067291303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Craig Bartleson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Sand Point Grill
Welcome to the Sand Point Grill. We have a great neighborhood restaurant and full bar for you to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Sand Point Grill - Best Restaurants in Roosevelt ›
Sand Point Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Outstanding...ROSTIDined on 9/16/2014Excellent service despite a bus mishap that made us 20 minutes late. Prompt, courteous service and a great meal before a special event. Was a high point of the evening.Special Features:
- Saturday 3 Course Dinner Was GreatmattdanDined on 9/6/2014The cauliflower and garlic soup to start was wonderful, and steelhead was beautifully done and delicious. Plus friendly service as always.Special Features:
- Best Neighborhood Restaurant!!LazyHomeCooksDined on 8/29/2014Amazing food, relaxing casual atmosphere, wonderful owner, wait staff etc. Our favorite place to dine after a busy day / week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot!LeslieDined on 8/24/2014Ate here twice after seeing a show at the near by theatre. The wait was short, the staff were friendly and the food was wonderful! Can't ask for more than that!Special Features:
- Neighborhood spotjapanesophileDined on 8/22/2014We chose Sandpoint Grill for dinner because we had a theater date in nearby Magnuson Park. I ordered a burger because I noticed that it was a popular choice. The ingredients were all high quality and the fries were delicious. Nothing really unusual, but the food was quite good. I would go back if I needed something in the neighborhood, but I would probably not make a specific trip just to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family restaurantCalgaryFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a small, family run place with all that entails - warm and friendly, but not professional service; good food for decent prices without being upscale or particularly innovative. If I lived in this neighborhood I'd probably go there once a month at least. The best entree of the night was salmon with a light maple glaze.Special Features:
- Wonderful first visitOutoftownguestDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and we will definitely return. The service was fantastic and the food was delicious. We had the Saturday special (3 courses for $30) and enjoyed every bite of every dish. Not sure why we hadn't tried this previously, but it is definitely on our favorites list.Special Features:
- Sand Point Grill Rocks!thesybariteDined on 7/11/2014Over the years I've been going, it gets better and better. The food is SUPERB. The Salmon exquisite. And the service and ambience could not be warmer and more attentive, yet respectful to let one have a nice private dinner with a companion without feeling "managed" or watched or over-served by wait staff.Special Features:
- Great food and servicefeedingthefam1Dined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed the experience, we were in the area for the weekend in a VRBO and tried different places every evening. This was our last evening place and I would have to say the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate twice in one night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Fabulous dinner off the specials menu. The pastry chef is a master at her craft!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, as usualrblumentVIPDined on 6/16/2014My wife and I have eaten here several times over the years, and every meal has been superb. We took a friend of ours this time, and we all loved it. The food was creative and delicious (never had garlic-almond granola before), the service was friendly and efficient, the ambiance is casual and very comfortable, and the vibes of the place are quite engaging. It is the utmost example of a "neighborhood gem."Special Features:
- Noisy childrenMichaelVIPDined on 6/15/2014Good food but very noisy small children took away from an otherwise nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful after work getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014SPG has a great happy hour! The food is excellent, the staff are superb, and it's a warm vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative comfort foodSPmomVIPDined on 6/3/2014Comfort food with a good focus on local ingredients. Picky kids, foodies, meat-and-potato lovers, vegans and folks with dairy and gluten allergies can all find something they will be delighted with! Worthy of special notice: the butter leaf salad is spectacular - seems like very simple, classic, ingredients but somehow comes together as the best salad I've ever had. My husband swears that their ribeye is better than he has had a local steakhouse, they make their own steak sauce! One last - the fish special is ALWAYS fantastic!Special Features:
- Reliably FabulousselectivedinerDined on 6/2/2014Sand Point Grill never disappoints. Service is friendly & attentive, menu is fresh & seasonal & their Happy Hour is the best secret in town (shhhh!). As a neighborhood regular, it remains my favorite spot to dine in the area.Special Features:
- Great local findMrnSDDined on 5/31/2014We were visiting Seattle and found this on Open Table, not too far from where we were staying near UW. Wonderfully low-key neighborhood restaurant with great food and friendly and efficient service (we had the trout). Would come back next time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeRossDined on 5/24/2014We looked at the reviews on Open Doors and gave this place a shot two months earlier. It was great in every way - good food, very reasonable prices, kind of a Cheers ambience, some diners came in with their kids; great neighborhood place. We went again two nights ago - same exact experience. My wife and I go out to a restaurant almost every Saturday, usually to new ones to us, and about a third of the time to "regulars' we love. This is now a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrisDined on 5/24/2014First time here. Food was excellent. Very warm and friendly people working here. Did not like the seating. Chairs very uncomfortable. Only salads for vegetarians though.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Fare!jhaslamDined on 5/23/2014We just found this local gem last Friday. Great food made with quality ingredients. The small menu was made up of perfect choices for almost anybody. Attentive (but not overly) and friendly wait staff made the experience pleasant. The prices are moderate but well worth it for the quality of meal you are getting. My wife and I ordered some appetizers and split a Rueben sandwich. The sandwich was the best Reuben I've ever tasted - made with Gruyere cheese - and awesome fries! Great cocktails and local beers on tap. Cant say enough good things about this place - too bad we didn't find it sooner. We've lived in the area over 20 years and drove past this place all the time. Now that we've found it we will be coming back often.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Sand Point Grill reviews archive.
- Excellent food and warm placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and wonderful hosts/owners. They are conscientious and take care of their customers--wonderful gem for neighborhood and family and after work happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemSophikinsDined on 5/10/2014Sand Point Grill is our go-to place when we want a low stress, friendly place with reliable food. It is easy to park, they are super friendly, and have reliable good food. The Caesar salad is a favorite every time. Although not super exotic, the dishes are prepared interestingly enough for foodies to enjoy beyond the usual grill fare. We have come many times and never been disappointed. The cocktails also have some interesting choices. Just remember that you have to ask for bread (which is really good- warm little loaf).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food with fresh local spinSPmomVIPDined on 4/28/2014Fantastic food leaning towards comfort classics (fried chicken, reuben, pasta carbonara) but with options featuring fresh and local ingredients (try the fish special, always innovative and excellent!). The roasted cauliflower steak with black garlic granola, pickled cauliflower and romescu sauce is possibly the best gluten free, vegan entree ever! Very kid friendly with a small plate of cut fruit and veggies whisked out to your table right away, great kid menu and kids eat free Sun - Tuesday 5 - 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotGerpVIPDined on 4/26/2014Very interesting combination of comfort food and innovative menu items and preparations. We truly enjoyed our evening -- great happy hour, cosy bar, well made drinks. The dinner menu had something for everything. The clientell was a mix of ages, families, couples, etc. The food was well prepared. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HomeyYummyDined on 4/24/2014What's is nice about this place is it has great food for being basically a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep returningCoryRDined on 4/24/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant, with friendly owner and wait staff. We keep coming back for the Reuben sandwiches and the schnitzel. A good place to stop in for happy hour at the bar. Small, kid-friendly (but grown-up friendly too!).Special Features:
- A gemEcuRevDined on 4/21/2014My friends and I are frequent diners at Sand Point Grill. It is a great neighborhood place with great food and service, and if you are a regular, they know your name. Our latest visit was for my birthday. There were nine of us, and everything went smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/17/2014Delicious, well-prepared food, efficient helpful service, decent size portions, comfortable booths, lots of menu choices, very satisfying!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Favorite!EatoutDined on 4/12/2014There is nothing to say but go try it and enjoy! Saturday Market meals bring a wide variety of flavors to an otherwise fairly simple menu. Not to say that simple menu is a bad thing but limited choices, all of them delicious. Best Risotto I've ever had. Bring your vegetarian friends for the Cauliflower Steak mine say it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotWedgwoodianDined on 4/12/2014We ate here recently with friends from a small town who needed a menu that wasn't too scary (read: no octopus soup), whereas my husband and I are moderate foodies who like thoughtful choices of wine and beer. The Sand Point Grill navigates that great food space of not intimidating and not boring - every dish we had was well executed, generous, and delicious. We ordered halibut on a lentil/asparagus pilaf with fresh nettle puree (a daily special); a beautiful steak with roasted potatoes and greens (the safe food guy); and Cioppino. The desserts were standouts - key lime tart and probably the best German chocolate cake I've ever had. Service was prompt, friendly, and funny. Don't expect fancy ambiance- this is a neighborhood joint.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Gem!Gingy888Dined on 4/11/2014First time coming to this restaurant and I have to say that I'm impressed by the food at this small locale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect placeptravelpDined on 4/11/2014We love going here. The cocktails are always unique. The presentation and flavor combinations are fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service.dineout14Dined on 4/10/2014Good food and great service. Will return more often.Special Features:
- Comfy neighborhood restaurantmillcreekfoodieDined on 3/29/2014Had a wonderful meal- food surpassed all expectations. Nice atmosphere. Varied menu with lots of options for all palates.Special Features:
- Sweet place!RossDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I stumbled upon this place via Open Table. It looked interesting. It was. Very good food, reasonably priced, no fufu, lots of locals, perfect. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood place.NeighborDined on 3/22/2014Great neighborhood place. Good food, lovely staff and owner--always good friendly service.Special Features:
- All specials outstandinglovegoodfoodVIPDined on 3/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant. The daily specials are at the top of the best meals I've had in Seattle. I cannot praise them enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood jointKrockDined on 2/15/2014I was not only impressed with my filet but the sautéed greens that came with were the best I've ever hAd! To top it off Scott the server was exceptional! Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange new greeterEatoutDined on 2/8/2014Been dining here for awhile was surprised by new greeter this week with a lot of attitude no table in spite of reservation. When asked why he simply stated "I haven't checked it for awhile". No apology seated by door had to put up with his attitude all night as he waved patrons in and was really rude and not at all what I expect from this restaurant. Had a great waiter usually seated by a waiter should go back to that and get rid of the rude kid.Special Features:
- NE Seattle surprisebistrofanaticVIPDined on 2/7/2014In a region of Seattle hardly known for memorable cuisine, much less the nexus of foodies mania in other parts of the city, the Sand Point Grill is a sweet spot of excellent NW bistro style food, select drink and wine and a very comfy neighborhood feel. It can be a bit jammed and even backed up during Happy Hour but very comfortable most occasions.Special Features:
- great neighborhood restaurantKevinVIPDined on 1/29/2014great neighborhood restaurant with really good food. Great with kids or without. Waitstaff is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.