Sanctuary Ultra Lounge and Restaurant
2369 First Street
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sanctuary Ultra Lounge and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sanctuaryultralounge.com/
- Phone: 9253730521
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Denise Creek Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have packages for corporate events, weddings, and private parties than can accommodate up to 500 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Skylight room offers enough room for 40-50 guests for casual atmosphere or 25-30 for a sit down formal dinner. There is no minimum and no room rental as long as you have 25 or more guests to reserve this room.
- Private Party Contact: Gianni 9257051464
- Entertainment: Wednesdays: 7pm - 9pm enjoy acoustic guitar player with dinner in the main lounge. Thursdays - Comedy Show 7:30 to 9pm in our Skylight Room, then karaoke from 9pm to midnight in the main lounge Friday/Saturday Nights - DJ Dancing in our Skylight Room
A word from Sanctuary Ultra Lounge and Restaurant
Sanctuary Ultra Lounge offers lunch and dinner 7 days a week. We are located in downtown Livermore conveniently located across the street from the Bankhead Theater. We offer a full dining menu consisting of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pizzas and entree items. We offer an extensive local wine list as well as a full bar. We are a 21 and over venue only. Enjoy dining in our main lounge or al fresco dining on our large patio. Although we accept reservations until 8pm, our kitchen stays open much later. So feel free to walk in!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sanctuary Ultra Lounge and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- service was good, food was too.IhvreservationsDined on 7/4/2014That's it. The server was very friendly but we had to get up and get someone to help us twice, once for salt and pepper for fries and once to see if we could change tables (it wasn't busy ). My husband thought the food was great, I thought it was so so. I would go back for a late nite out drink and snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedMASLivermoreDined on 6/29/2014was really looking forward to trying Sanctuary for dinner, had small plates only in the past. The menu was limited. The pasta was really over cooked, but a good size portion unfortunately. My wife had the beef kabobs, those to were over cooked. No one in our party of 7 really raved about any of their choices. Service was slow and very not very energetic. First lousy experience so I'll probably try one more time.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectations!lstremmeDined on 6/7/2014I wasn't sure what to expect from a 21 and older restaurant in Downtown Livermore but it was perfect. Not too loud, no obnoxious people, great wine, and fantastic food. My friend and I went for a girl's night and the chicken pene pesto pasta was delicious. Most definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!NancyonMinesDined on 5/22/2014My friends and I seek out informal restaurants with great food for dinner and quiet enough to have good conversations. A friend recommended The Sanctuary, but it all sounded wrong--to me the name suggests a dark grotto with cobwebs, and she said it was a sports bar with tvs on the walls, but it was quiet. But we took her suggestion, ready to back out when we walked in the door if it didn't feel right. We were quite amazed! It was bright and cheery and quiet, the menu was imaginative and the food outstanding, even excellent desserts--in a sports bar? The service was also outstanding. We all agreed we wanted to come back.Special Features:
- The food never disappointshungryhippoDined on 5/19/2014I like their range of food. You can get light appetizers, salads, fish, or burgers. I also enjoy their drink menu. This place is good for lunch or dinner and turns into a lounge with music on the weekends. I like the diversity of this place. You can sit at the bar, on the couches, at bar tables, or even outside. I fell in love with this place a couple years ago when I tried their Autumn Chicken. They incorporated butternut squash (which I love). Not sure I have seen it on the menu since but I always find something I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 5 reviews are from the Sanctuary Ultra Lounge and Restaurant reviews archive.
- RudeLovinPiattiDined on 3/21/2014We made a reservation yet were seated at a couch with a coffee table. We were willing to overlook it and be switched to a table. We were there to have dinner and there were a few tables inside as well as on the patio. The waitress responded with some attitude as if it would be very difficult to make space for us. After 20 min we asked for the check for our drinks. Only then did they begin to say we could have one of the empty tables. We said we were fine and would like to leave. The waitress, after we asked for the check walked to the bar and began talking to the bar tender. She pointed at our table and he looked over. He continued to stare at us off and for the next 25 mins. It was the most unpleasant experience. Never again!Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, but no placewwimDined on 2/21/2014Nice atmosphere, but no place to hang a coat, as the chairs are barstools.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, relaxed casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2013I guess I was a little disappointed with this restaurant because I was expecting a "nicer" place to celebrate our anniversary. As it turned out, the place is pretty casual. The food was good enough. My husband really liked his blue cheese mushroom hamburger. I ordered the mushroom ravioli, which were pretty good as well. The single glass of wine I had was a bit on the stingy side. The best part of the evening was the dessert - a crispy deep-fried shell filled with cheesecake and then rolled in cinnamon sugar. Yum. Overall, I would try this place again, but maybe for lunch or late night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Livermore is suchlivermoreDined on 8/11/2013Downtown Livermore is such a treat. With so many places to choose from, if a restaurant doesn't have good food it certainly won't last.Special Features:
- Less than HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2013After 35 minutes of concerted inattention we just had to walk out and find someplace where we could be acknowledged. One star for food really is NA since we were unable to submit an order. Pathetic.