San Remo Ristorante - Garrison Woods
3574 Garrison Gate SW
Calgary, AB T2T 6N1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
San Remo Ristorante - Garrison Woods
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tastesanremo.com/
- Phone: 4036855727
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am to 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jenna Bazzana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: San Remo Ristorante now shares with you our tastes that have made our restaurants so successful. Whether it's a wedding, in home dining or a corporate event, our extensive services will make your event truly memorable. Please contact directly at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to offer our entire dining room for use by single parties. It is ideal for receptions, Xmas parties and larger corporate events. Seating is up to 65 people with up to 80 for stand-up receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Lana 4036855727
A word from San Remo Ristorante - Garrison Woods
San Remo Ristorante specializes in the creation of innovative Italian cuisine served in a contemporary, intimate atmosphere, ideal for the special date or dinner party. With influences from Italy and a fusion flair, San Remo's cuisine is simple, yet elegantly delicious. Come enjoy our warm, classic atmosphere and allow us to give you a fantastic dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
San Remo Ristorante - Garrison Woods reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (2)Show More
- SadCowtownVIPDined on 7/26/2014We heard that this restaurant is closing soon. We will miss our neighbourhood italian gem of a restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014This establishment can be both a very formal dining experience or a casual event. The meal was fantastic and rivals any of the other restaraunts I've been at in the last few months. Our waitress was very accommodating and not pushy and came to our table only after we were ready to order our food. Great wine selection and a beautiful presentation when our meals came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great mealBoone52Dined on 7/19/2014The food and service was great. One of our party is celiac and San Remos has lots of options to chose from. The outdoor patio so great. Nice neighbourhood restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Service was excellent but meal delivery VERY slow. Restaurant had a small lunch seating, we all ordered salads and it took a crazy long time. It was very tasty when it finally got there but...Special Features:
- willvisituagainsoonDined on 7/8/2014Our 2nd experience @ San Remo was unsatisfactory. Food mediocre, Ribs fatty, few Prawns, too much Pasta (entrees). Sun glaring in eyes (seating by patio door facing out) no other tables available.
- Not that greatMickVIPDined on 6/29/2014Ordered wine from a limited by the glass selection. Eventually was told they were out. Ordered another glass - it was corked. Got "lucky" on the third label but was never asked if I wanted another. Lamb shank was room temperature at best. Sent it back. New version was somewhat warmer but skimpier on the vegetables and polenta. Learned that Sunday and Monday are $10 pasta nights so there probably wasn't an experienced chef in the kitchen. We were comped a tiramisu and 1/2 my entrée was taken off the bill . . . as if it was a common occurrence.Special Features:
- San Remo night outGolfygirl3Dined on 6/26/2014I had supper here with some friends the other night. I have eaten here before & the food is always good. One of the reasons I hesitate to come back to this restaurant more often is the lack of parking. There is some street parking & some limited parking at the rear of the restaurant however this night it was full. The service, wine list & quality of food is very good. We all had a pasta dish & the food was plentiful & tasty. They have recently changed their menu & there is a large selection of appetizers but a more limited selection of entrees. This restaurant is a nice dining option in Marda Loop.Special Features:
- Usually great but not this timePaulDined on 6/15/2014We've visited this restaurant about 15 times and for 14 of them our experience has been great but going on Father's Day was a mistake. We asked our waitress if the kitchen could make the chicken and artichoke from their usual Sunday/Monday menu because our kids like it. She said she would ask, then some other lady comes back and tells us the kitchen can make it but they can't charge us $10, it will be $20. Just something she didn't need to address, nor was it appropriate. The lime in my sparkling water was bad, based on how dry the lime was to start I'm guessing it was sitting out for quite some time. Then we had a pasta dish we hadn't tried before and it was flavourless. A busy night but 40mins waiting for our food was little long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JOLES2Dined on 6/13/2014Always impressed. Would encourage others in the neighborhood to try out this lovely location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiberloveDined on 6/10/2014Good service, terrible pasta dishes. We ordered three different ones, not sure what the tastes were to be.
- very impressedSheppieVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our first time here and will not be our last. Everything was fantastic. Thank you so much for an awesome night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentAnnieDined on 6/6/2014Luckily San Remo's is in the neighborhood, so I get to frequent it regularly and enjoy its consistently high quality food. I had a chance to introduce some friends from Killarney that were thrilled to try it and hear about $10 pasta night.Special Features:
- Quaint find in Garrison a hit!LovinfoodDined on 6/5/2014Great lunch for 2 with online coupon and wine. This will be a spot I go back to for sure! The pasta combinations were so delicious as was the Caprese Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappoint!FoodyDined on 6/4/2014Have been to this restaurant a number of times, and have been happy every time. I ordered something new this visit, a salad with salmon, and it was delicious. The salmon was cooked to perfection. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- The following 462 reviews are from the San Remo Ristorante - Garrison Woods reviews archive.
- Good with one reservationChinookDined on 5/31/2014Sam Rermo seems to be following a Calgary trend -rushed service. I get that they don't want customers "dawdling" for 3 hours over a meal, but service was rushed.but You scarcely had time to fork the last lettuce leaf from your salad when the plate was whisked away and the next course had arrived.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014Our server was lots of fun and met all our requests. We shared three appetizers for lunch and they were all delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2014Very good lunch - perfect size and very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!TansayDined on 5/26/2014Friend and I went for lunch on a Monday; our first visit, but won't be our last. The service and food were very good. The salmon on my salmon salad was cooked absolutely perfectly. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Liked the look of the other menu options. We'll return especially as we discovered that many of the offerings could be served gluten-free -- important to my friend. NOTE: Website says restaurant was closed on Mondays. Obviously out of date!Special Features:
- Great casual spotDodiDined on 5/18/2014Good food, quiet atmosphere and great service. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality eveningLynn45Dined on 5/17/2014The food and service were very good .we haven't been to this restaurant for some time but will definitely put it on our priority list. Good value and pleasant level of noise..allowed for conversation with friends catching up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyablewillvisituagainsoonDined on 5/15/2014First time diners at San Remo. Enjoyed an early lunch with old friends. Service excellent, attentive but not hovering. Presentation attractive, prepared as requested, good quality ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic experience.LadybugDined on 5/11/2014I booked this restaurant at the last minute for Mother's Day and it was fantastic!! Everything from the appetizer to desert was delicious. I had the braised short rib and it was the best I've ever had. I don't live in Calgary but if I did I would be at eating at this restaurant regularly. Loved it!!! P.S. The service was excellent. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondLiamDined on 5/3/2014My Fiance and I went to San Remo in Garrison Woods a little over a month ago and had a less than favorable experience and ended up leaving some negative feedback. The manager Lana read the review and contacted me to go over the negative experience we had and invited us back to give San Remo a second try. So we did last night and wow! what a turn around we fantastic service and the food was amazing! I just want to say these guys are awesome and definitely went above and beyond to make sure my fiance and I had a great experience at their restaurant, and Lana if you are reading this you rock!Special Features:
- Not greatLuv2dineDined on 5/3/2014Poutine and gnocchi appetizer was not great. The gnocchi was deep fried which was gross. Had the mushroom tart but there was way more Yorkshire pudding than mushroom. Duck confit was very tough. I think if you stick to the pasta then it's better but we wanted to try something else as we usually have pasta. Noise level is brutal in there as always. You can barely have a conversation. We had a gift certificate but otherwise I wouldn't spend my 200 on a meal for two again.Special Features:
- Good good and serviceRobertsonDined on 5/1/2014The food and service were once again very good. We have been away for six months so the menu changed. The menu changes were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 4/30/2014I have had better steak sandwiches. The meat was little rare and tasteless. I had the most boring salad with it! Lettuce out of a box with dressing. Not a nut or a cranberry to make it interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalgaryFoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2014Pasta night on Sunday is always a good value! A nice place to take the family on a Sunday night.
- MerlinsmomDined on 4/27/2014San Remo is my favourite restaurant in Calgary. The food and service is really great and it is always so warm and comfortable to dine there. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood SurpriseBrenEdVIPDined on 4/26/2014We took friends who are native Calgarians and they kept asking us "how did we find this wonderful restaurant?" Wine selection was a bit limited, only 2 bottles of what we ordered in stock. But the rack of lamb was delightful, pasta perfect and portions just right. We always love our nights out at San Remo!Special Features:
- A classic dining roomTimGDined on 4/26/2014We really enjoyed the San Remo. The staff were excellent. While the restaurant was very busy, you were never left alone for long. The three of us each chose a salad and pasta. Very nice. I had the three mushroom pasta and it was very flavourful. To start, we shared an antipasto plate that was well done. Prices are quite reasonable for the quality of the food etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExecellentTHEBDined on 4/12/2014First visit to San Remo. Food and Service was excellent. Will go back for sure. No issues at all - 100% positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific mealcannuckVIPDined on 4/7/2014We always go to the McKenzie town site for convenience however were in the vicinity so decided to eat at this restaurant. Great service, great food (as always)..... a good time. The decor is warm, subdued, and adds to the relaxed ambiance, to complete the very enjoyable dining experience. I cannot fathom the negative reviews by a couple of the other diners on this site. Great value as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014We were promptly greeted and courteously, the restaurant is a smaller space though it was not overly loud, very comfortable. The appetizers ordered by the table were a hit, we had the Prawns, the Samplers of Bruschetta & a Stuffed Mushroom. We had various pasta dishes that were met with unanimous approval . Service was well-timed and friendly. If I lived in this neighborhood I would likely be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood bustRoosDined on 4/1/2014The menu is very limited so there is not much selection which is not always a negative if it means the food they do offer is well done. We ordered a pasta that was over cooked and over seasoned,the swordfish special which was not bad, and the beef tenderloin. The steak was not seasoned and was piled on top of two carrots a piece of undercooked yet wilted broccolini.(I am not sure how you manage that) and an over puréed spoonful of tasteless mash potatoes. The steak itself was tiny (maybe 5 oz. but I doubt it) and a bit fatty and tough. We left at 7:30ish and there were only 3 more tables occupied and I can see why. The food was poor quality and very over priced as a result. The only bright spot was the server. I would not return.
- Italian at its finestGenmgr99Dined on 3/24/2014This is a great little restaurant for Italian food. Everytime we have been here it has been great, fantastic food and great service.Special Features:
- Top Notch!KennDined on 3/24/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary -- didn't disappoint on any level! Our server was extremely friendly, helpful and attentive. Oh, and "Monday night pasta night" rocks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its rare that I can chooseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Its rare that I can choose anything on the menu as I have a gluten allergy. They are incredibly accommodating and the food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentJennifer64Dined on 3/21/2014San Remo can be counted on for consistently good food and service. I go there for lunch with girlfriends and my teens for a special lunch. I can have a very nice lunch for well under $20 (glass of wine not included) It is quiet enough for easy conversation. I hate restaurants where the music overwhelms. Tables are spread out enough that you are not forced to listen to others conversations.Special Features:
- Great mid-week Dinner at San RemoRedheadVIPDined on 3/19/2014We had dinner on a Wednesday evening and took advantage of the 1/2 price wine! The food was very good and we had the best service! Very enjoyable and highly recommended. They have many gluten-free options as well.Special Features:
- Unfortunately this wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014Unfortunately this wasn't the best experience. My second time there and the first was much better. My daughter had the chicken dish which was soaked in oil. The antipasti platter had what appeared to be 'old' prosciutto and the Caesar salad leaves had to be cut with a knife. Waited for drinks and had to ask the Hostess and drinks brought to the table were incorrect. It was a busy Friday night, so can understand that part, but all in all I'm not sure if I'd return. Thank you. Elaine.