San Marino Soho
66 Charlton Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
San Marino Soho
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sanmarinosoho.com/
- Phone: 2122063766x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Saturday, 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sammy Gashi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Free delivery and we cater for small parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room from 6-50 people. We have three private rooms. Please visit our web site www.Sanmarinosoho.com for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sammy 2122063766x
A word from San Marino Soho
San Marino is one of the newest additions, a family oriented restaurant located in the heart of Soho. The freshest ingredients, homemade pastas and variety entrees like chicken veal, fish rack of lamb are some of the dishes you can expect at this eatery. San Marino was first established in 2002 at its financial district location, 15 gold street, where the owner Sammy Gashi worked since 1998. After their second location in Staten Island, San Marino settled in its current location in 66 Charlton street serving quality food and excellent service. We serve lunch and dinner as well as catering to large and small parties. We thank you for choosing San Marino Ristorante. Grazie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
San Marino Soho reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Monday night diningvisitornycVIPDined on 8/25/2014We had been working on our storage unit and decided to go for dinner nearby. I read the reviews and decided to take a chance. What a discovery! We were welcomed in and had our choice of seating. We chose to eat inside and they steered us to a cozy nook. We ordered salads to start and I had the chicken and sausage special in wine sauce and my husband had the pork platter. Both dishes were superb! The waiter was very attentive and at the close of the meal offered us some tastes of their homemade digestifs. The coffee and sambucca is not to be missed! It was a chance opportunity and we will definitely be back. A wonderful hidden place near the train.Special Features:
- someplace close to City WineryjerfrumfreeholdDined on 8/18/2014after going to city Winery to see shows a few times and struggling through their overpriced, underportioned, crowded, soewhat tasteless fare, I decided to branch out and find someplace nice close by before seeing Jill Sobule. Looked up San Marino as the closest pace on Open Table (right around the corner) and was delighted with the entire experience. Great food (!), attentive staff, clean/classy and reasonably priced. Will definitely be back!!
- Great find!oneski9000Dined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at San Marino SOHO and it was a great experience. Great food, drink and service. We will definitely be going back the next time we are in the area. We were going to a show at the City Winery and this restaurant was just around the corner.Special Features:
- Great Italian Meal!EsmiraldaVIPDined on 8/14/2014Tried to make reservations at several "hip" SoHo places before ending up at San Marino. It was a very pleasant surprise. We arrived after a Smooth Jazz cruise at Pier 40 at about 9. No crowd. In fact, we were the only people in the place. Not promising. Well, starting with the Parmigiana Regianna placed on the table along with bread and olives, everything was wonderful, including the wine. I hope others in the neighborhood give it a shot. The lobster ravioli special and red snapper were outstanding and Tony, our server, was a delight. Go. You won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surpriseTunnelWatchVIPDined on 8/14/2014Tucked away next to a hotel is this cool restaurant in an unexpected commercial type location just off main entrance roadway to the Holland Tunnel. Great place to have a drink and dine while you watch the heavy tunnel traffic subside and then know its safe to leave without a major delay to go back home to Jersey. Best of all the food is great, the martinis generous and the owner/host, Sammy Elio, charming and a delight. With cooperating traffic conditions, will be back soon.Special Features:
- A great group dinner spotmmmmDined on 7/29/2014A number of my international guests and I met here to have dinner before a show at HERE and had a delicious meal on the patio. The service was great, with a very considerate and attentive approach, and the dinner was delicious. Try the risotto dish!Special Features:
- Very accommodatingNonameVIPDined on 6/30/2014We were late for our reservation and, because of that, rushing to make a 7 p.m. performance. The staff could not have been more understanding and accommodating. Even with all the rush, the food was simply delicious and the atmosphere calming. I definitely want to return when I have the time to really enjoy it!Special Features:
- Fantastic food, service and spaceTripsreddyDined on 5/23/2014I had dinner with my family at this gem of a restaurant last week and wanted to share our awesome experience. I had never heard of San Marino before but found it on Open Table and saw some great reviews so we took a chance. We're so glad we did. It was pouring when we arrived and Sammy the restaurant manager allowed us to park right outside the restaurant (entrance to the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel) while we had dinner. We were truly amazed at the level of customer service we received. All the food was incredibly good and the dessert was excellent. Plus the waiters were friendly, considerate and attentive. They also gave us complimentary digestifs including sambuca and grappa. And we loved watching the rain through the beautiful skylightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising Great FindMikeNYCDined on 5/11/2014We were looking for a nice place for Mother's Day around SOHO I read the reviews and Menu looked varied and prices reasonable. We had 3:30 reservations and were seated in the empty restaurant (Uh Oh, maybe not a good sign?) But everything turned out much better than expected - from the great service by our waiter Tony to the very good food. Appetizers were very tasty. We all had a different entrees and everyone was very pleased with their choices. the Saltimbocca Alla Romana was delicious (not very salty as this dish tends to be elsewhere). Wife loved the red snapper I also tasted the Pollo Mt. Etna which had a little kick to it and was excellent. We were all treated to a homemade after dinner drink which is a nice touch.Special Features:
- A rated dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014The service was great!!! The food was fantastic, black linguine with calamari was delicious. Very reasonably priced for NY. Of course I will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the San Marino Soho reviews archive.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014We had a wonderful meal made even more enjoyable by the warm friendly service that made us feel just like at home. My shrimp with white wine and lemon was delicious. The owner was very friendly and attentive. I would certainly go back if I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Construction forced us to anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Were going to a concert at City Winery so decided to try this since it is so close. Unfortunately, there was painting and construction going on in the restaurant. They thought it would be fine to serve us with dust swirling and paint fumes we did not so went elsewhere. Maybe the food is good, but the atmosphere didn't even let us try it.
- Quiet findEd10014Dined on 3/8/2014San Marino offers well prepared Italian dishes at reasonable prices. I had a whole fish, orato, simply prepared with olive oil and lemon that was served pipping hot, yet still very moist. My companion had a whole wheat pasta prepared with a medley of vegetables. I began with a well executed Cesar salad and my companion had a house salad that was attractively presented. Even before we ordered the waiter brought a dish of olives and a basket of 3 kinds of bread. At the conclusion of the meal, though we passed on dessert, the waiter offered a complimentary grappa that had been steeped with apricot. It was a nice touch to end the meal. Service is friendly but not intrusive, so it is a good place for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a romantic dinner for 2LizzyDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I had the grilled calamari- we're fried calamari fans, but this was good considering what it is. We both has the NY strip steak for our entre. It was absolutely phenomenal. I ate it well done and my bf at if medium-well, both were delicious. For dessert we had chocolate mouse cake and cheesecake. Both were very yummy. We went for valentines day. The ambiance was dimly lit, quiet, and very romantic. The staff was extremely attentive. This was an excellent experience overall. My only criticism was that the menu felt a bit sparse- this was why i rated them very good as opposed to outstanding. Feel free to check it out for yourselves on their website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014Everything about this meal was perfect. The good was lovely, the wait staff were attentive without being overbearing and some nice touches to make my girlfriend's birthday special. Let them know it's a special occasion and see what happens!
- I love this PlaceDenaDined on 2/3/2014I love to give this place five stars because their food is absolutely divine.I have been here twice their food is perfectly cooked.the Risotto with Arugula and Shrimp was perfect .The staff are attentive and they know what they doing .Complimentary homemade Grapa to finish was very nice .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindDinearoundDined on 1/29/2014This is a nice place to eat before seeing a show at the City Winery. The eggplant rollatini was very good and the sauce excellent. The staff was friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Great RestaurantBelaDined on 1/28/2014I am so glad I found this restaurant on my way to a show in green space. We went in for a late lunch and we had a great time. The food was wonderful. Great for lunch!!! I had the hamede grappa and it was absolutely delicious. The service was also great!!! I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family and I are in townCarmella984Dined on 1/10/2014My family and I are in town for the weekend.We decided to give San Marino a try. Growing up in an Italian household I am rarely impressed with Italian restaurants. But I was pleasantly surprised! We had the grilled calamari and eggplant rollatini for appetizers they were delicious. Then we split a large pizza with argula and prosuitto, they said it would serve 2-3 but it could easily feed 4. The pizza was very good! You could tell all of the ingredients were very fresh, especially the argula. The owner checked in with us all night and even gave us a free round of port wine! We will be returning for the homemade Tiramisu tonight, we were too stuffed last nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindNYCDiner53VIPDined on 12/27/2013There are very few decent places to eat before you catch a show at the City Winery. (Don't eat there) Housed in a Sheraton Hotel, this is a decent traditional Italian place, with a very eager, friendly staff. Place is a little cramped and the phony electric fireplace is quite cheesy. Rest rooms felt like I had to travel to another land just to wash my hands. Didn't like that. But the food was good and fresh. Nice specials the night we dined. Will definitely return when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLMSIVIPDined on 12/7/2013A wonderful evening was had with delicious food, attentive, friendly service in this quiet restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AhemNYCBizTravelerVIPDined on 11/16/2013The food is good, the service is good. But the place is so... I don't even know what to call it... It's not a restaurant you CHOOSE to go to. My friend was staying at the hotel next door and we needed a place to eat that was still serving food at 10:45pm. The food was actually pretty good and the waiter was nice. But I can't say I'll recommend for anyone to go there...
- wonderful findDenaDined on 11/7/2013We stayed at Marriot Hotel across the street .It was ont only convenient, It was a geat experince ,we felt like we were family.The food was excellent ,service impeccable and the atmosphere was surpisingly quaint and same what romantic. We will go again and highly recommend it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantVinnyDined on 11/7/2013I would recommend this place to anyone in the area. The food was delicious. The ambiance was very nice and the bartender Livia was beautiful and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always good to come back!!!Luv2dineDined on 11/2/2013After my first visit to this lovely place I decided to come back and was not disappointed..Great food and friendly service... The papardella pasta with mushrooms sauce is one of the best I ever had. Will come back again an again.Special Features:
- extremely disappointedleomeloDined on 11/1/2013I came to San Marino Soho on 11/1/2013, the restaurant was tacky and the decor was tasteless. We ordered the antipasti and some of the ingredients tasted as though they were straight out of a can. The pasta was nothing special and the chicken mass ala was a fiasco. The service was decent. The restaurant needs to up it up to meet the standards that other reviewers have set on open table. I am not planning on coning back to this restaurant. FYI this restaurant is inside of the Sheraton hotel which is not mentioned anywhere.
- Wonderful findBarbaraVIPDined on 10/28/2013Perfect Italian restaurant before seeing a show at City Winery. Friendly staff, comfortable seating, great food. We sat in the enclosed garden room. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLindaDined on 10/23/2013We enjoyed our meal very much. Sea bass was delicious .Very reasonable price for NYC . The service was also very attentive . We be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBriannnnDined on 10/5/2013I chose San Marino, a restaurant near Soho, to to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday and I was very satisfied with my choice. The staff and management were fantastic. They made a great effort to ensure that our food and experience was to the highest standard. They even included a special dessert platter. We had outstanding service and an excellent meal. Thank you San Marino !!!Special Features:
- what a restaurant should be!!!!!ViniDined on 10/1/2013I loved the relaxed and quite feeling of this place.Some very very good dishes ,e ,g. Pollo Etna.service was great .I will definitely return to try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Select Location; Mediocre FoodZoneDined on 9/28/2013Chosen for the location to the Greene Space, wait staff helpful; food merely okay, especially the one veal dish in a white sauce. While the sauce had some minimal flavor, it was too white and heavy to be veal sauce. As for the veal, it was cooked inconsequentially. However, the price is right.
- Good Place for a TouristOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2013This place have very good food and is located in the Soho Area. I loved the pasta and the goat cheese. I recommend this place for a non romantic visit. I was the only guest on the restaurant and this cause me a little impression at the beginning. However, has very good service. The block where the restaurant is located not looks too friendly, because there are constructions all over the street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and convenientfussyfemaleVIPDined on 9/9/2013the perfect choice before seeing a performance at the Greene Space on Varick and Charleton!
- Go hungry!Luv2dineDined on 8/12/2013Food is great.. But large portions, even the appetizers, you can share every appetizer, nice patio and the staff is very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRestaurantCriticDined on 8/10/2013After a long day of shopping in Soho, my parents and I decided to have dinner at San Marino restauraunt. We had dinner outside on the patio. The atmosphere was fantastic. The food was absolutely delicious. I recommend you try the papardelle pasta with the goat cheese! The service was also very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craving itLindaDined on 8/9/2013After theater with my friends we had late diner. This diner was so good We had two appetizers to share baby octopus salad and artichoke & mushrooms ........ The sauce on chicken etna was perfect Price of our diner was very reasonable for NYC We be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food couldOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2013The service and food could not have been better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueAngelfood1VIPDined on 7/26/2013We enjoyed our meal very much were pleased with the portion sizes. The decor is a little strange - needs a makeover? The service was very attentive & we felt looked after. Attached to a Sheraton, we were a little apprehensive at first. However, that did not have a bearing on the menu, & prices were quite reasonable. One of the best Mojitos ever! Appetizer of artichokes & mushrooms was delicious.! Lobster ravioli was tasty, but pasta was a little thick & presentation was bland. Sea bass was enormous, but could have been a little more artfully presented. Tiramisu was great, more than enough to share for 4. Would probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple but goodScottishHippieVIPDined on 7/19/2013Extremely attentive waitstaff. Would describe the food as simple Italian bordering on comfort food, in a good way. Everybody in our party of six were happy with what they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and Great Service!shopgirl24VIPDined on 7/6/2013Nice spacious restaurant with many rooms. Porcini pasta dish was delicious, great prices and very attentive staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.