San Giuseppe Coal Fired Pizza & Cucina
1320 Adams St
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
San Giuseppe Coal Fired Pizza & Cucina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sangiuseppehoboken.com/
- Phone: (201) 942-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Russo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Call for our catering menu. We can also design a menu for you.
A word from San Giuseppe Coal Fired Pizza & Cucina
San Giuseppe's artisanal coal fired pizza and homemade Italian dishes will transport you to a time where "La Cucina della Nonna" comforts and satisfies even the most discerning diner. Restaurateur Joseph Russo has over 30 years of experience in Italian cuisine. You can dine on traditional and creative coal fired pizza and family recipes passed on from generations past. Guests come for our Sugo della Nonna (homemade meatballs, braciola and sausage in a Sunday Sauce -Joseph's wife's recipe), our Coal Fired Chicken Wings (awarded "Best Chicken Wings" in Hoboken) and most of all our delicious coal fired pizzas. We are BYOB, so feel free to pop open your favorite bottle of wine, sit back and relax in our cozy dining room for a meal that will surely be unforgettable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
San Giuseppe Coal Fired Pizza & Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)romantic (1)Show More
- EconomicalEaterVIPDined on 9/30/2014The margherita pizza crust was crispy and light, but the sauce lacked salt and flavor. Clam sauce was light, but lacked garlic and salt. The ingredients were fresh, but just needed more seasoning and body. The music was awful, but can be easily fixed. No Muzak. The service was good and the waiter was attentive and good.Special Features:
- A Great Spot!DossieVIPDined on 8/19/2014We loved this restaurant. Quiet location, casual but nice dining, delicious food and good service. A perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the San Giuseppe Coal Fired Pizza & Cucina reviews archive.
- Romantic settingOntheroadfoodiesDined on 7/19/2014This was our first time at this establishment. We brought our teens (16&13) and ate at around 8pm which turned out well. It was really more of a romantic / adult atmosphere. Small with some outside tables. The food was very good. It's a BYOB, they do have water and soda of different types. If you want to bring your kids, lunch early dinner would be a better time for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!familyfunDined on 7/10/2014San Giuseppe has a great menu with a few daily specials. Always a great meal.Special Features:
- AdequateLneville54Dined on 3/9/2014Went for dinner on Sunday. Food was good but found a hair in the bread we were served prior to dinner. Brought it to owner's attention and he did come over and apologize and that is where it ended. He, of course, said this never happened before and offered another apology.
- SGCFPCBFITZVIPDined on 3/2/2014Had dinner Sunday night here and beyond the fact that the food was very good as well as the service the most pleasing amenity was the available parking. They are in a small very new strip mall with parking availability. They are located within walking distance of Bow Tie's new movie theater and Pilsner Haus Biergarten. This is a small BYOB restaurant serving traditional Italian. On a cold winter night it was a really nice place to enjoy a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.