San Francisco Street Bar and Grill
50 East San Francisco Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
San Francisco Street Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sanfranbargrill.com/
- Phone: (505) 982-2044
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from San Francisco Street Bar and Grill
The San Francisco Street Bar & Grill opened its doors in April of 1985. It was a quiet time in Santa Fe, a depression in the commercial and real estate markets. Many thought the downtown retail market was moving out to newer retail projects on St. Michaels Drive. I thought downtown needed a full service, moderately-priced, casual restaurant. In the early Eighties, downtown had a few lunch spots that closed early and upscale restaurants frequented on special occasions. Where was the place for the common man (or woman) that served continuously through the day and remained open late.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
San Francisco Street Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- What happened?SeckertDined on 10/11/2014For years we have dined at SF Bar and Grill even in its old location. Menu has changed, food quality is down, and service was poor. There were four in our party. And only one person was satisfied. Not sure we will come back.
- ExplorerexplorerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We were in Santa Fe in order to see the Opera and were looking for a place to eat lunch. We checked out this place. My husband's combination Mexican dish he said was quite good. I ordered two Chicken enchiladas. I'm glad I asked how hot the sauce would be. The waitress didn't think it would be too hot but she agreed to put it on the side. So glad she did. It was way too hot for me. There was plenty of chicken but it was dry. The tortillas came on the side. However, the peach cobbler with a scoop of ice cream was delicious.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the San Francisco Street Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- Really enjoyed our visittlsabqDined on 7/26/2014Food was great, service was good. We arrived about 7:00 PM on Friday evening. We expected it to be crowded, but it was relatively empty, so we were able to converse easily. The management had expected a bigger crowd due to an Old Town event that ended at 5:00 PM, but crowd didn't materialize. This resulted in us having a larg cooking and server staff and getting very good service and the food delivered to the table rather quickly. We thought the prices were very reasonable. Our bill was around $35 (we did not order alcoholic drinks), including dessert. One small con was that they had Apple Cobbler with ice cream as their daily special dessert, but they had run out of that item. We had the bread pudding which was very good.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedJanieOVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our concierge recommending this place for a quick bite before the opera, and we were a bit skeptical. But, the enchiladas and tacos were just delicious and it is obvious the the chefs take pride in using fresh ingredients. We definitely would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & serviceSantaFeDined on 4/17/2014The menu had a lot of good choices. We were in a hurry as we were going to a concert and the service was great. I had the Ahi Tuna and my husband had the Pork chop both had great flavors and the sides were tasty too. We definitely will go back to try something else from the menu. We would recommend to locals and tourist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place near the plazafromClevelandDined on 3/30/2014The San Francisco Street Bar and Grill is a restaurant in a nice location near the plaza. The food was mixture of standard upscale restaurant items and classic New Mexico dishes. While the items we enjoyed were very good I can't say that any was the best I've experienced. Overall I would recommend this place for it's wonderful location and the relaxing atmosphere overlooking the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Everything7HappyDinersDined on 3/14/2014This was a perfect place to meet with an old-time friend to have dinner and catch up. Hosts and servers were friendly and attentive and the food was very good. I will surely go there again when I visit Santa Fe.Special Features:
- San Francisco greart experienceJerryDined on 1/24/2014My wife and I were uncertain where we were going to eat the day we were in Santa Fe. We have had great success choosing a restaurant for the Open Table listing so we searched Santa Fe looking at the menu, prices and locations. Had we not consulted Open Table we would have never found or gone to the San Francisco Street Bar and Grill. Our waiter (Steve) was great. It's a great app and we'll be using it more in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of four and we allPBVJVIPDined on 12/22/2013Our group of four and we all had a tasty (Burgers)y meal. . We had an 8 PM theatre time an made it in pleanty time.Special Features: