19 East 26th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sd26ny.com/
- Phone: (212) 265-5959
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm -11:00 pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:30 pm,
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:30pm,
Brunch: Saturday 11:00am - 4:00 pm
SUNDAYS AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE FUNCTIONS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matteo Bergamini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are a full-service catering and event-planning company specializing in exquisite Italian cuisine and gracious service.
We can provide all the necessary components to achieve an exceptional event of any kind from 10 guests to 1000.
- Special Events: We offer private dining in The Balcony Room and The Wine Connoisseur's Room, for festive entertaining.
The Balcony Room: Lunch and Dinner, seats 60 guests, can hold standing reception for up to 100 guests.
The Wine Connoisseur's Room: Seats 22
- Cross Street: E 26th St. Between 5th and Madison Aves.
- Public Transit: 6 train-28th Street Lexington & Park
N & R trains-23rd Street Between 5th & Broadway
Buses: 5th Ave & Madison Ave.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking garages located in the area thru Central Parking Systems.
12 East 22nd St (Between 5th and Madison)
55 West 26th St (Between 5th and 6th Ave.)
A word from SD26 Restaurant
The modern, sexy, upbeat SD26 Restaurant, designed by Massimo Vignelli, is co-owned by legendary father daughter restaurateurs Tony May & Marisa May. SD26 brings a dining experience that is both special and seductive and sets the scene in first class Italian style for tasting of contemporary flavors that are unmistakably Italian created by Executive Chef Matteo Bergamini.Continued
Exciting SD26 Wine Bar with electronic Enomatic wine dispensers and SD26 smart cards is a great way to be your own sommelier!
Exciting SD26 Wine Bar with electronic Enomatic wine dispensers and SD26 smart cards is a great way to be your own sommelier!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SD26 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (136)special occasion (121)notable wine list (97)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (74)good for groups (72)great for lunch (66)vibrant bar scene (51)hot spot (50)great for brunch (15)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Super excellent!Harp28VIPDined on 11/19/2014We never tire of this fantastic spot and we keep coming back for innovative food and great service. Five stars across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Italian restaurant in Manhattan.FgarDined on 11/15/2014SD26 is my restaurant of choice whenever I want to take someone out. I'm Italian American and until I found Tony and Marissa's place, I was reluctant to go to Italian restaurants in New York. Everything, from the ambiance to the service is sublime. It's the one place that feels like home to me, even though I never had such unique and tasty food in my own home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lunch Prix Fix2foodiesDined on 11/12/2014This small Italian restaurant has everything you would want in a good Italian meal, and you will not find a better lunch prix fix meal. Many of the items on the prix fix alone would cost the total of the prix fix, so it is almost like you are getting the second item for free. The food was exquisite, but wasn't quite as dietary friendly as it could have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomic DelightCatherine10Dined on 11/10/2014Dining at SD26 is a gourmet experience with the variety, quality and preparation of wonderful dishes!! It's always a pleasure to dine at SD26. The staff is very attentive and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sherryVIPDined on 11/9/2014White truffle season is always an occasion to visit SD26. They have the best prices for this extravagance in town and their pastas are terrific. The simpler, the better for the truffles. The regular menu is also excellent and dependable. Always an enjoyable visit. We just miss the old location on Central Park South for convenience. Worth the journey to 26th street.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceAlexVIPDined on 11/7/2014So disappointed withSD26. Had heard great thing from several folks. The service was inept. The kept bring out our food to the wrong table, forgetting we were there and just needed more training. The food was either too salty or overcooked. Such a disappointment.
- A truly wonderful meal!BXNana25VIPDined on 11/7/2014From the moment we sat down to the moment we left everything was perfect! Jorge our server was wonderful and the food was incredible! I had the Uovo to start with flavors that just exploded in your mouth. The seared diver scallops were amazing and the black mission fig semifredo divine!!!! And if that wasn't enough, a complimentary plate of biscotti & macaroons!!!! I can't wait to return!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Great dining experience. Great food and environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute choice with HUGE payoffanit212Dined on 11/3/2014Last minute anniversary dinner choice, late-ish on a Monday night. The food was astonishing. (It should be noted that half portions are available of many of the dishes, pasta and entrée alike--take advantage of that to try more.) Psatas: Veal ravioli "plin" and chestnut pappardelle with hare: delicate, flavorful. Entrees: perfectly prepared venison was accompanied with winter vegetables and fruits, but the braised baby goat with rosemary potatoes and lemony artichokes was a revelation. Wine recommendations were spot on. Desserts were light, a complement to the meal. Warm and attentive waiter; house manager stopped at table to make sure we had enjoyed the meal. The only awkwardness was the clunky (and pointless) IPad wine/cocktail menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The biggest problem I had was...FrankGDined on 11/3/2014figuring out what to order from a spectacular list of menu items and specials. The food was spectacular. I started with the cotechino which was rich and flavorful. The mostardo they served with it was a perfect complement to the dish as was the roasted squash. I then had the homemade fettucine with porcini mushrooms. The fresh pasta with the delicate cream sauce and flavor of the mushrooms was a perfect combination on a November night. As my main course, I had roasted Capretto, baby goat. It was served with roasted potatoes and artichokes. I highly recommend it if it is available when you go. Finally, chestnut creme brulee with glazed chestnuts and a shot of Montenegro. Everything was great and so was the seervice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for LunchTonyVIPDined on 11/3/2014This was my second trip at this restaurant, and first for lunch. Everything was well prepared and at a price of $26 for two courses. In New York, this is quite a bargain. The menu has a wide selection of choices, lots vegetables (they even have a Vegetable Monday menu), and lots of fish. It is they type of menu that is ideal for those in your party that might be on a diet. Lots of options to choose.Special Features:
- Complete confidencemorrisDined on 10/31/2014I feel I can schedule a lunch or dinner at SD26 with important clients or relatives and know that the staff will do a good job and make sure that everyone is happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!Harp28VIPDined on 10/30/2014Loved the new menu additions, especially the mushroom soup and the goat. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really goodneburDined on 10/27/2014Excellent collection fo of just right portions served seamlessly - will return!Special Features:
- Really Poor Service Killed Experien1111VIPDined on 10/25/2014We decided to give this place a second try, but the stale service on top of the stale bread really ruined it. Spartan portions as well.Special Features:
- Best Veal ScallopiniJohnnydavidVIPDined on 10/25/2014This is the best type veal I have ever tasted cooked in this manner. Perfect preparation and seasoning something I have not been able to replicate. Pricey restaurant sometimes a bit too much as in $18.00 for a soup starter.Special Features:
- The Food was tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/24/2014With so many good Italian restaurants in the city - I can't help but think that there a several others out there offering a better value.
- WonderfulorthochickVIPDined on 10/24/2014Delicious food - everything was cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. Marisa May is the hostess with the mostess!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for a quiet lunchsardarDined on 10/24/2014We were a party of three; we enjoyed the food and service and the ability to have a conversation and yet keep our voices downSpecial Features:
- Delicious food you'll RememberRightwriteVIPDined on 10/23/2014Starkly modern decor that somehow creates a feeling of welcome. A skilled restaurant that is capable of taking rustic ingredients and elevating to a very high level. Two soups we tried were memorable: puree of portobello soup and shrimps with Sorano beans. Ravioli Uovo with soft egg yolk and truffled butter transported us back to the finest restaurants in Italy. We tasted the Swordfish with capers and butternut squash, capers, brussels sprouts and shallots... superb! Venison with parsnips and chestnuts also great. Desserts were of the same high order and the service was excellent. This is a dining experience to remember.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchHungryVIPDined on 10/23/2014What a great lunch we had..!! Service...food...ambiance and overwhelming "kindness" from the staff made it a wonderful Manhattan experience...which is often hard to find these days...Special Features:
- Great, great, great!Harp28VIPDined on 10/16/2014We keep coming back for the wonderful lunch and service. Noise level is low so one can actually have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Had a wonderful time. Service was great and food was good/ delicious. Some dishes better than others. Out of certain dishes we wanted to order. Visited on a Monday night. Had to keep changing reservation and was not a problem.Special Features:
- SD26 rocks!LindaODined on 10/8/2014Extraordinary dining experience fit for all foodies...service impeccable!Special Features:
- Service was outstandingButtercupDined on 10/2/2014The entire staff including the owner made us feel they appreciated our being there. That, including fine outstanding food, made it a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!Harp28VIPDined on 10/2/2014Perfecting perfection if that is possible is what we experienced! Waiter was fantastic, helped with choices and chef accommodated challenging requests. Thank you and bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Harp28VIPDined on 9/30/2014Great food, great service, we keep coming back as SD26 is a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Domenico meets CarrabbasDavidMortonVIPDined on 9/29/2014How sad that the esteemed and wonderful San Domenico had to reinvent itself for people who know and care nothing about Italian cuisine. The 'Uovo in Raviolo', one of San Domenico's signature dishes had obviously been prepared days ago and then frozen. One could tell because it had not yet quite thawed out when brought to table. Sad indeed.
- reviewnickVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great Food. Second time I went. First time during restaurant week with 7 others and everyone raved about their dishes. Went again and found the food, service just as I remembered it. Party tried other dishes and raved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disatisfiedDined on 9/22/2014walked into the place at 1pm and the place was empty. By 2 it had more people.Special Features:
- Great New FindMikeDined on 9/20/2014SD26 was recently reccomended to us for a birthday celebration. We all arrived separately and were especially impressed with the gracious greeting we received. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable and the somnmelier was very helpful especially since navigating the ipad wine menu was challenging. The menu was extensive, mabye too much so, including a tasting menu with a choice of 3 or 5 dishes, in addition to the regular menu and specials. We all very much enjoyed our dinner selections and commented on how we would be happy to return and try many other dishes. What we liked best, besides the freindly capable staff and delicious food, was the refreshing lack of pretentiousness.Special Features:
- a must dine while in the cityJT430Dined on 9/18/2014This was a last minute decision and boy were we happy. Drink specials yummy. The service impeccable and extremely curtious! Never had to ask twice for anything. Attentive without being obtrusive! Dinner was authentic. Pasta cooked perfectly. Simply delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SD26LindaODined on 9/18/2014Marisa May and her famous Dad shower each guest with impeccable dining, from the delicious food to the wonderful service...Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lovely, lovely restaurant. Our server, Raphael, was absolutely amazing. Multi lingual, warm, friendly and very well versed in the menu. Thank you, for such a lovely, pleasant, enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Doesn't swing for the seatsBgreenVIPDined on 9/12/2014Sd26 does a lot of things well but in some instances it falls short. There is a tendency to overdo the salt, but that is a matter of preference. We felt that the entres, while well prepared were simply to small and left us wanting more. Service was stiff but very gracious and accommodating. The bar appeared to have more of an interesting vibe, in fact we were fortunate enough to bump into Mrs. Clinton in the Bar area and she was very congenial. Nice way to top off the evening.Special Features:
- Greatest lunch!Harp28VIPDined on 9/11/2014I have been coming to SD26 over and over again. Love the cuisine and lunch prix fixe. All fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly the worst place, everfoodie424Dined on 9/6/2014I go out to eat on average 3-4 times a week. I have never thought it necessary to write a negative review until my dining experience at SD26 on Saturday. First of all, the space is way too large and the decor is awful. They passed out ipads for cocktail/wine lists (I had to send my cocktail back because it tasted like sugared medicine.) I asked the waiter for recommendations on wine, that we wanted 2 bottles (at least $150 extra on the bill) and he threw down the iapd and walked away. It wasn't busy. The food was OK, but the waiter was beyond rude. We paid in cash, a bill about $600-$700 and the waiter threw down the bill & attempted to count out the cash on our table right next to. I asked if he count somewhere else.He huffed & walked away
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014They need a new bartender, 10 minutes to get served at the bar with 3 other patrons there, but i guess the barman preferred to speak to his work colleague at one end of the bar before walking to the other end and talking to another colleague before he eventually come over to serve me.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/21/2014In reviewing my lunch here in July, I said it was "one of my best Restaurant Week lunches ever." Returning for lunch in August has reinforced that judgment. And I can now add the perfectly grilled, sweet and plump diver scallops to my list of highly recommended dishes.Special Features:
- Always Sensational SD- 26BigFanVIPDined on 8/20/2014SD-26 is the best expression of fine delicious food, caring service, beautiful ambiance and the most caring hosts in NYC. Only the finest ingredients are used, the dishes 'glow' with color and goodness, the cheeses and meats are cut fresh just for your plate, the pastas - OMG!, and the fish cooked perfectly every time. Whatever you order will be the height of perfection without pretense. Desserts are the crowning touch. The mostly Italian Wine List is a gift of all the wines you know to be great drinking and some you should try! A meal here adds up to a long-time memory of sheer pleasure.Special Features: