19 East 26th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sd26ny.com/
- Phone: (212) 265-5959
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm -11:00 pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:30 pm,
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:30pm,
Brunch: Saturday 11:00am - 4:00 pm
SUNDAYS AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE FUNCTIONS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matteo Bergamini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are a full-service catering and event-planning company specializing in exquisite Italian cuisine and gracious service.
We can provide all the necessary components to achieve an exceptional event of any kind from 10 guests to 1000.
- Special Events: We offer private dining in The Balcony Room and The Wine Connoisseur's Room, for festive entertaining.
The Balcony Room: Lunch and Dinner, seats 60 guests, can hold standing reception for up to 100 guests.
The Wine Connoisseur's Room: Seats 22
- Cross Street: E 26th St. Between 5th and Madison Aves.
- Public Transit: 6 train-28th Street Lexington & Park
N & R trains-23rd Street Between 5th & Broadway
Buses: 5th Ave & Madison Ave.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking garages located in the area thru Central Parking Systems.
12 East 22nd St (Between 5th and Madison)
55 West 26th St (Between 5th and 6th Ave.)
A word from SD26 Restaurant
The modern, sexy, upbeat SD26 Restaurant, designed by Massimo Vignelli, is co-owned by legendary father daughter restaurateurs Tony May & Marisa May. SD26 brings a dining experience that is both special and seductive and sets the scene in first class Italian style for tasting of contemporary flavors that are unmistakably Italian created by Executive Chef Matteo Bergamini.Continued
Exciting SD26 Wine Bar with electronic Enomatic wine dispensers and SD26 smart cards is a great way to be your own sommelier!
Exciting SD26 Wine Bar with electronic Enomatic wine dispensers and SD26 smart cards is a great way to be your own sommelier!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SD26 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (152)special occasion (138)notable wine list (106)neighborhood gem (89)romantic (81)good for groups (79)great for lunch (70)vibrant bar scene (56)hot spot (56)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (13)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- nicely surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2014Being restaurant week I was not expecting much.....but this restaurant outdid itself, the food was delicious, the portions a good size, the ambience relaxed and the service very good. I would highly recommend SD26.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/29/2014Pricey, wine by the glass around $14, but the food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/29/2014One of my best Restaurant Week lunches ever. The “uovo in raviolo,” combining soft egg yolk with truffled butter, was voluptuously satisfying, and the generously portioned loin of veal was excellent too. All in all, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HEAVENLY LUNCHeman310Dined on 7/29/2014I went with a colleague to the Restaurant Week lunch at SD26 and we had a wonderful time. The food was excellent—each course as good as the one prior to it. The Raviolo was superb as was the Veal Cheeks! I highly recommend them both. The food was so good I would have liked an additional serving of each! Since it was my friend's birthday (I told them in advance) they brought out her dessert with a beautifully inscribed plate with her name on it. We shared the Panna Cotta and the Tiramisu— also delicioso! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- DonnaVIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a stunning restaurant with great food and ambiance. I enjoy going for dinner. And everyone I take there wants to return. I love their pasta and fish dishes. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ServiceMareVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had a wonderful and ample lunch today at the restaurant during restaurant week. we will definitely be returning!. We recommend the raviolo and the scallops. Great attentive staff. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Highlight of My Dining ExperiencesusanlavonneDined on 7/26/2014Impeccable service and the staff really took their time to answer questions and make suggestions about wine pairings. The subtle seasonings and combination of flavors made the food nothing short of brilliant. This will be my go-to place EVERY time I visit NYC.Special Features:
- Restaurant week 2014KaylaDined on 7/25/2014The famous ravioli was worth it. However, the rabbit dish was too salty for my liking. Panna cotta dessert was good but was expecting more from this restaurant. Overall, the food was alright but not remarkable and I am not sure if it might be due to the restaurant week promotion that affect it. However, the service was awesome and our waiter was funny. However, I can tell they are trying to rush us but this may be because we started dinner late. Wine selection was alright.Special Features:
- MariaDined on 7/25/2014We were here for restaurant week which was definitely a great deal. The Soft Egg Filled Raviolo with Truffled Butter was amazing! A very nice touch was co-owner Marisa May stopped by our table for a chat!Special Features:
- great restaurant week experiencecocoNYCDined on 7/25/2014the restaurant week menu was right of the regular menu, food was amazing, a diverse wine list and good service. A bit on the loud side so conversation across the table was a bit difficult but still had a good time.Special Features:
- A delicious celebrationcelebratewineanddineDined on 7/25/2014We had the perfect meal - each person in the group ordered a different item from the Restaurant Week menu - and we all tasted the fabulous fare - no skimpy portions here - each was prepared with care and the tastes were superb. The wines were wonderful as well. Service was excellent and our celebration was complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Greatluv2cookVIPDined on 7/25/2014With so many restaurants in New York, this is one of the few that we keep returning to. Marissa and her father have done a wonderful job, with lots of hard work to maintain the standard that he started with on Central Park South. We always enjoy our meal there as do all of the people we have dined with. Keep up the great work.Special Features:
- Uovo in raviolo is a hit!GarymanVIPDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful scene and delicious food. Although we ordered off of the restaurant week menu, we never felt rushed. The uovo in raviolo is a must have... Soft egg yolk filled raviolo with truffle butter... So tasty! I would come back just for this dish alone.Special Features:
- Nice findconversationalistVIPDined on 7/25/2014I am so glad I went - they made the dining alone experience pleasurable, I left feeling wonderful - good food, good wine, good care.Special Features:
- So glad we found youmarietVIPDined on 7/25/2014Wanting to try a new place during restaurant week we looked at some places not far from where we were staying and decided to try SD26- so glad we did!! Everything we had was superb and, being restaurant week, extremely reasonable. The waiter recommended a fantastic wine to go with our meal- and at $50 we thought that was also a bargain. We will definitely be back. There were many items on the regular menu which looked spectacular but we may just have to repeat some of our choices, particularly the Burrata and prosciutto San Daniele. Suggestion- save room for dessert. The pannacotta is to die for! And the space is also beautiful with a view into the open kitchen.Special Features:
- Special and deliciousCLGdinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Had a Restaurant Week lunch with a friend. We were treated like royalty. Meal was delicious and plentiful. The tuna was perfect as was the creme brûlée. The ambiance is delightful and the noise level is just fine. Highly recommended .Special Features:
- barbaraVIPDined on 7/24/2014We had a wonderful Restaurant Week dinner. Whole Wheat Tagliolini with Orange-infused Bisque, Artichokes & Lobster was delicious, and the Tuna was perfect. Considering how busy it was, the service was amazingly good.Special Features:
- Restaurant week gemAllyZVIPDined on 7/24/2014We booked this restaurant because it offered a restaurant week special, which is the way we discover new restaurants at a fairly reasonable price. The restaurant week menu was quite good. The beef cheeks and tuna were excellent. Portions were large and tasty. My ice cream for dessert was only so so but we will definitely return to try out their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Restaurant WeekDDeanVIPDined on 7/24/2014One of my new favorite restaurants. Loved the food (great selection for Restaurant Week!), wonderful service, and the wine list on an iPad was a great idea.
- SaveurDined on 7/23/2014The quality and composition on each plate was amazing yet subtle. We had 2 members in our party with Celiac Disease. The waiter and kitchen were diligent in providing a safe, enjoyable meal for them. Our server was wonderful, yet unobtrusive, adding to the overall pleasure of the dining experience. We had the opportunity to speak with Marisa May on the way out. She is one of the most pleasant, lovely, individuals in the NYC restaurant business.Special Features:
- Consistently great foodmimiDined on 7/23/2014The food here never let me down! Veal cheek and the ouvo egg are outstanding. Wine is well stocked and when paired with the food, makes me a happy camper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1518 reviews are from the SD26 Restaurant reviews archive.
- Too big to produce great foodExpdinerDined on 7/22/2014Intrigued by menu and wine list. Found it to be way too big and impersonal. Brusque wait staff, rush in, rush out. Veal chop was asked to be medium rare. Came back well done. Hard to produce memorable meal given these qualities.
- Restaurant WeekMMOODVIPDined on 7/22/2014I went specifically to have the “Uovo” Soft Egg Yolk filled Raviolo with Truffled Butter and that alone was worth the trip! I also had the scallops on the Restaurant Week menu and they were nothing spectacular and slightly overcooked. That Uovo should be the entrée and give customers 2 or 3 of them. I'd like to go back for dinner at some point and the Wine list is has a very unique selection. I will return to this restaurant but just a note to restaurants from a loyal foodie... If your restaurant participates in Restaurant Week please make the food so good you want to come back and pay full price!Special Features:
- Great AmbianceLuv2eatDined on 7/21/2014Great place for quiet dinner. I went with 4 friends for restuarant week and the menu was great. We tried different dishes; Uovo ravioli and tuna steak were great. Rabbit also tasted better than expected. Service was a little slow but overall great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSwissMsDined on 7/21/2014I went with friends during Restaurant week. We were very impressed by the selections not only for this time of year, but the regular menu looked incredible. The staff were attentive when needed and at no time made us feel rushed (as some restaurants do during Restaurant week). The food was excellent and our wine, recommended by staff, was perfect!!! All of us agreed that we will return very soon and will make this our "go to" place for guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice place, would returnGoodplaceDined on 7/16/2014lunch was very reasonable on the week day prix fixe Food was terrific Seemed a bit business-y Nice ambiance though, will defiantely be going backSpecial Features:
- We will go backkristamckVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had dinner at SD26 after the River Cafe rudely cancelled our reservation when we dropped from 4 to 2 people. This turned out to be a much better choice. It doesn't have the view but the food, and service are excellent and their is a comprehensive wine list - mostly Italian wines from every region. The sqaure spagetti lightly smoked with clams and cherry tomatoes was to die for if you are a pasta fan!Special Features:
- Trendy Atmosphere, Great Foodisabellaaa111Dined on 7/9/2014Food was great. The atmosphere was trendy and modern. Prices are steep but quality was high.Special Features:
- Steadily excellent!Harp28VIPDined on 7/9/2014You can never be disappointed by the extraordinary food at SD26. We really liked the new menu. All fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!pandaDined on 7/7/2014SD26 is a gem. Food, service, atmosphere are special, even for NY. After 40 years of NYC dining, it's now our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- words can not describewhatislifeDined on 7/2/2014This had to be the best food I had ever had in life. My taste buds slaped my faced and asked me what had I been putting in my mouth before this. I closed my eyes and I was in heaven. Ambrisoa is what I had that day and as I past any fast food reasturant I cry and remember what I had that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodCarlkalDined on 7/1/2014The food was really excellent especially the raviolo and the goat which was so crispy and tender. The hostess was super nice and friendly and moved us to a booth on request even though we were only 2. The server was good but the whole iPad thing for drinks let the side down. When I asked what a certain wine was like I was shown the tasting notes on the iPad when I would have rather the waiter just talk to me about it. Overall the place was excellent and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A guaranteeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014Never disappoints, service is stop on, food exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food, pushy staffChryslerSpireVIPDined on 6/30/2014The large room is dramatic and the food excellent and consistent. Front-house staff is cordial and helpful. The iPad wine list was novel when it first came out but it has languished behind better app design; unfortunately, asking your waiter about wine reveals that his understanding of their offerings has languished, also. But my main concerns: The wait staff, which is uncoordinated, once I tell one waiter I don't want more wine poured, I shouldn't have to tell two others. And they rush to refill and over-fill the glasses, which is completely unnecessary. This leaves the impression that they are pushing up the bill rather than giving good service. This, too, has been consistent, on 3+ visits. With some adjustments, this could be fabulous.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/30/2014waiter was a brupt and seemed uninterested in our dining experience.
- SD26OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/30/2014Always have a great meal and great service here. The uovo raviolo is the signature dish, rich and so satisfying.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceCamnycDined on 6/28/2014Our waiter went above and beyond to make sure our meal was perfect. Great food, great people, great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveYummyVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food is very pricey, I would say overpriced. The iPad wine list is a bit gimicky. The food was great, but the service was quite slow. I would say it is a good spot for special occasions but not a regular for the restaurant rotation.Special Features:
- Always great for lunch!Harp28VIPDined on 6/26/2014Love the lunch menu, a great find and the cuisine is always so wonderful, innovative and tasty! Bravo!Special Features:
- Excellent!!sbmikeDined on 6/20/2014The Chef was great, the service very good. A very special restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.