19 East 26th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sd26ny.com/
- Phone: 2122655959x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm -11:00 pm,
Friday & Saturday 5:30 pm - 11:30 pm,
Brunch: Saturday 11:00am - 4:00 pm
SUNDAYS AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE FUNCTIONS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matteo Bergamini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are a full-service catering and event-planning company specializing in exquisite Italian cuisine and gracious service.
We can provide all the necessary components to achieve an exceptional event of any kind from 10 guests to 1000.
- Special Events: We offer private dining in The Balcony Room and The Wine Connoisseur's Room, for festive entertaining.
The Balcony Room: Lunch and Dinner, seats 60 guests, can hold standing reception for up to 100 guests.
The Wine Connoisseur's Room: Seats 22
- Cross Street: E 26th St. Between 5th and Madison Aves.
- Public Transit: 6 train-28th Street Lexington & Park
N & R trains-23rd Street Between 5th & Broadway
Buses: 5th Ave & Madison Ave.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking garages located in the area thru Central Parking Systems.
12 East 22nd St (Between 5th and Madison)
55 West 26th St (Between 5th and 6th Ave.)
A word from SD26 Restaurant
The modern, sexy, upbeat SD26 Restaurant, designed by Massimo Vignelli, is co-owned by legendary father daughter restaurateurs Tony May & Marisa May. SD26 brings a dining experience that is both special and seductive and sets the scene in first class Italian style for tasting of contemporary flavors that are unmistakably Italian created by Executive Chef Matteo Bergamini.Continued
Exciting SD26 Wine Bar with electronic Enomatic wine dispensers and SD26 smart cards is a great way to be your own sommelier!
Exciting SD26 Wine Bar with electronic Enomatic wine dispensers and SD26 smart cards is a great way to be your own sommelier!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SD26 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (140)special occasion (132)notable wine list (95)romantic (85)neighborhood gem (85)great for lunch (69)good for groups (68)vibrant bar scene (56)hot spot (47)great for brunch (16)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great, great, great!Harp28VIPDined on 10/16/2014We keep coming back for the wonderful lunch and service. Noise level is low so one can actually have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Had a wonderful time. Service was great and food was good/ delicious. Some dishes better than others. Out of certain dishes we wanted to order. Visited on a Monday night. Had to keep changing reservation and was not a problem.Special Features:
- SD26 rocks!LindaODined on 10/8/2014Extraordinary dining experience fit for all foodies...service impeccable!Special Features:
- Service was outstandingButtercupDined on 10/2/2014The entire staff including the owner made us feel they appreciated our being there. That, including fine outstanding food, made it a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!Harp28VIPDined on 10/2/2014Perfecting perfection if that is possible is what we experienced! Waiter was fantastic, helped with choices and chef accommodated challenging requests. Thank you and bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Harp28VIPDined on 9/30/2014Great food, great service, we keep coming back as SD26 is a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Domenico meets CarrabbasDavidMortonVIPDined on 9/29/2014How sad that the esteemed and wonderful San Domenico had to reinvent itself for people who know and care nothing about Italian cuisine. The 'Uovo in Raviolo', one of San Domenico's signature dishes had obviously been prepared days ago and then frozen. One could tell because it had not yet quite thawed out when brought to table. Sad indeed.
- reviewnickVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great Food. Second time I went. First time during restaurant week with 7 others and everyone raved about their dishes. Went again and found the food, service just as I remembered it. Party tried other dishes and raved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disatisfiedDined on 9/22/2014walked into the place at 1pm and the place was empty. By 2 it had more people.Special Features:
- Great New FindMikeDined on 9/20/2014SD26 was recently reccomended to us for a birthday celebration. We all arrived separately and were especially impressed with the gracious greeting we received. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable and the somnmelier was very helpful especially since navigating the ipad wine menu was challenging. The menu was extensive, mabye too much so, including a tasting menu with a choice of 3 or 5 dishes, in addition to the regular menu and specials. We all very much enjoyed our dinner selections and commented on how we would be happy to return and try many other dishes. What we liked best, besides the freindly capable staff and delicious food, was the refreshing lack of pretentiousness.Special Features:
- a must dine while in the cityJT430Dined on 9/18/2014This was a last minute decision and boy were we happy. Drink specials yummy. The service impeccable and extremely curtious! Never had to ask twice for anything. Attentive without being obtrusive! Dinner was authentic. Pasta cooked perfectly. Simply delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SD26LindaODined on 9/18/2014Marisa May and her famous Dad shower each guest with impeccable dining, from the delicious food to the wonderful service...Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- ServiceFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Lovely, lovely restaurant. Our server, Raphael, was absolutely amazing. Multi lingual, warm, friendly and very well versed in the menu. Thank you, for such a lovely, pleasant, enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Doesn't swing for the seatsBgreenVIPDined on 9/12/2014Sd26 does a lot of things well but in some instances it falls short. There is a tendency to overdo the salt, but that is a matter of preference. We felt that the entres, while well prepared were simply to small and left us wanting more. Service was stiff but very gracious and accommodating. The bar appeared to have more of an interesting vibe, in fact we were fortunate enough to bump into Mrs. Clinton in the Bar area and she was very congenial. Nice way to top off the evening.Special Features:
- Greatest lunch!Harp28VIPDined on 9/11/2014I have been coming to SD26 over and over again. Love the cuisine and lunch prix fixe. All fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly the worst place, everfoodie424Dined on 9/6/2014I go out to eat on average 3-4 times a week. I have never thought it necessary to write a negative review until my dining experience at SD26 on Saturday. First of all, the space is way too large and the decor is awful. They passed out ipads for cocktail/wine lists (I had to send my cocktail back because it tasted like sugared medicine.) I asked the waiter for recommendations on wine, that we wanted 2 bottles (at least $150 extra on the bill) and he threw down the iapd and walked away. It wasn't busy. The food was OK, but the waiter was beyond rude. We paid in cash, a bill about $600-$700 and the waiter threw down the bill & attempted to count out the cash on our table right next to. I asked if he count somewhere else.He huffed & walked away
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014They need a new bartender, 10 minutes to get served at the bar with 3 other patrons there, but i guess the barman preferred to speak to his work colleague at one end of the bar before walking to the other end and talking to another colleague before he eventually come over to serve me.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/21/2014In reviewing my lunch here in July, I said it was "one of my best Restaurant Week lunches ever." Returning for lunch in August has reinforced that judgment. And I can now add the perfectly grilled, sweet and plump diver scallops to my list of highly recommended dishes.Special Features:
- Always Sensational SD- 26BigFanVIPDined on 8/20/2014SD-26 is the best expression of fine delicious food, caring service, beautiful ambiance and the most caring hosts in NYC. Only the finest ingredients are used, the dishes 'glow' with color and goodness, the cheeses and meats are cut fresh just for your plate, the pastas - OMG!, and the fish cooked perfectly every time. Whatever you order will be the height of perfection without pretense. Desserts are the crowning touch. The mostly Italian Wine List is a gift of all the wines you know to be great drinking and some you should try! A meal here adds up to a long-time memory of sheer pleasure.Special Features:
- GreyrockGreyrockDined on 8/19/2014Took advantage of the continued Restaurant Week dinner special with a group of co-workers. Great food as always. The Uvo Raviolo appetizer is a classic that is amazing.Special Features:
- DisapppointingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/15/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The food's taste was good, but there were issues. The ravioli with the egg yolk in it was stone cold. An entree came with vegetables, some of which were piping hot while the diced zucchini on top was, again, stone cold. The macaroons in the petit fours were chewy, like gum. The quality of service was not what I expected from this restaurant. Our waiter came to take our order, then the rest of the meal was handled by busboys, some of whom were brusque to the point of rudeness. Our food came in rapid succession until we got to the entree, whereupon we waited a good twenty minutes. And the tiny alcove we were seated at was hot. A Voce across the street was far superior. Overall, I wouldn't return.
- NirvanaLeovilDined on 8/15/2014SD26 delivered outstanding experience. Interior is ideal, food - superb, portions generous, stuff - tactful and courteous. Thank you! I will definitely come again - and bring friendsSpecial Features:
- AnonymousVIPDined on 8/14/2014We had an excellent experience, dining upstairs. Service was exceptional! We will definitely be back. Thank you.Special Features:
- Good Italian with Slow ServiceMWexDined on 8/14/2014You enter a large bar area, and the "wine machine" catches the eye. It turns out to allow expensive wine by the glass that are rarely by the glass. We got seated quickly, but service from then on was slow (and this was a Thursday, so not so crowded). The wine/drinks were on an iPad, a clever if annoying process. The menu is a nice mix of Northern Italian with the usual pastas, but some nice meat and game dishes. Overall, the food was very good, underspiced in some areas. The table was too small for all the various things on it, and the plates themselves are huge (making the food look small), so things can get crowded on the table. But it's a nice space inside, the food was good, and the service, though slow at times, was friendly.Special Features:
- Wonderful and Innovative ItalianDaveVIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a group of six for dinner, celebrating my wifes 60th birthday with our children and their significant others. The restaurant accommodated us by seating us in the upstairs "small" room, often used for private parties, and this was terrific for the quiet setting, and lively family talk. The Restaurant Week menu ( a hopeful option) was very generous with options, and portions were substantial. Everything from the bread, salumeri (extra), to the dessert wine (on the house) was great. Our waiter was very knowedgable and accommodating with a wine that I brought, in addition to offering suggestions, each of which was delicious. Over all, a great experience, and especially good value; we will return soon.Special Features:
- GreyrockGreyrockDined on 8/14/2014Returned with other friends to take advantage of Restaurant Week lunch. Menu is extensive, even for RW, so there was no issue in sampling new dishes. My lunch partners were late, but the hostess was very gratious in holding the reservation. Food was again superb. This is my favorite restaurant in the area. Regular prix fix lunch and "quadrafoglio" also are good values when not during RW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodChameleonDined on 8/13/2014Absolutely nothing inspired about the food. Very one note. No nuance. Service was intrusive rather than attentive.Special Features:
- The Best of Restaurant Week!elaine463Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant served a very varied and delicious Restaurant Week Menu featuring a large selection of highlights from their regular menu. We had the honey-marinated seared tuna as our entree, probably the best cooked tuna I ever tasted, plus sea bass crudo, homemade sorbet and panna cotta. Because it was my friend's birthday, they also sent over an extra dessert (tiramisu) plus dessert wines on the house. Service is gracious and personal -- owners Tony and Marisa make the rounds and visit each table. Our lunch at SD26 was by far the best of this year's Restaurant Week sampling. We have eaten at this restaurant many times and will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRomeoBravoDined on 8/12/2014Gave SD26 a try for restaurant week. Blew my expectations out of the water. Staff is extremely good at their job, food is on point, and Mrs. May (co-owner) stopped by the table unprompted. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for lunchDinernotEaterDined on 8/7/2014I have dined at SD26 once before at lunch and was very impressed. However dinner was another story. Unfortunately it was very crowded and extremely noisy. The service started out fabulously but as it got busier it got less and less attentive. I was as impressed as I was the first time with the food however the dinner "scene" isn't for me.Special Features:
- Divine ExperiencePandodaVIPDined on 8/7/2014How can you not enjoy this amazing Italian food restaurant in a room with soaring ceiling and modern decor. The Egg ravioli was heaven sent as an appetizer and the grilled scallops melted in your mouth. Best Tiramisu I've had in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything fab!HappyDined on 8/6/2014The bar, the service and attention, the food, the decor! All really wonderful! We had an early dinner reservation during restaurant week -- and it lived up to what I had been told - and more. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FIND!!CarrieDined on 8/5/2014Best Dinner I ever had!!! The scallops were to die for and very friendly waiters, a definite must visit again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, consistent, quality.GreyrockDined on 8/5/2014Been here several times. Will continue to return. This visit was for restaurant week dinner but their normal prix fee lunch is also a value. Still want to return to sample the "quadrofoglio" lunch offerings a well. Food is outstanding and service is attentive yet not overbearing. Menu is varried to suite anyone's taste. The "ovo raviolo" appetizer plate is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business setting1cwbusinessDined on 8/5/2014Went to the restaurant for a business dinner and the restaurant did an awesome job from a service perspective. Everyone seems to really enjoy their meal. Mine, however was good but not great. I ordered the fresh heirloom tomatoes and frankly they were dissapointing...It's August and I get better tomatoes from my local produce stand. My main course of fish was very, very good and the cappucino was a bit strong and bitter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCeciliaDined on 8/5/2014I Know the cooking and always appreciate the clean kitchen, the culinary cooking skill at SD26. Every time I invited my friends over, they all love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnchorDined on 8/5/2014We had an outstanding lunch during Restaurant Week and feel this was one of the finest meals I've had in NYC. The others in my party were as impressed as I was.The food, service and ambience were amazing, and I look forward to returning in the future.Special Features:
- mediocrefoodienycVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food while inspirational in menu wasn't executed particularly well. The sea urchin pasta was watery, and the beef cheeks over gnocchi was bland and required a lot of salt. When I asked for an iced tea refill mid meal ( which should have been noticed) it took almost 10 minutes for a new one by which time I was nearly done eating. Overall, disappointing.Special Features:
- DonnaVIPDined on 8/4/2014I love the ambiance of this restaurant and the delicious food. It is a great place to go with a friend for a special evening. And their restaurant week menu is one of the best in the city. Everyone I take to the restaurant falls in love with it. I return over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellent servicesardarDined on 8/4/2014This was my first time at SD26 and I was more than pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent as was the service. My friend and I had a thoroughly enjoyable experienceSpecial Features: