Samurai Sushi Bar & Restaurant - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
405 Spray Avenue
Banff, AB T1L1J4Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$30 and under
Samurai Sushi Bar & Restaurant - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/banff-springs/dining/
- Phone: 4037626860x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: j.W. Foster
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Treat your guests to a true taste of Japan at the Samurai Sushi Bar and Restaurant. Whether celebrating a special occasion or impressing clients, our fresh, top-notch sushi and sashimi are sure to impress.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Pearce 8778533612
- Public Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff.
Fare is $2.00 per person.
The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: The hotel"s parking is located beside the Convention Center. It is a three-level roofed parkade with 415 parking spaces:
Self-parking: $25 CAD/night, with unlimited access
Valet service: $35 CAD/night, with unlimited access
Electric Vehicles - complimentary
The Fairmont Banff Springs along with Sun Country Highway Ltd, a manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations has installed Banff's first electric vehicle charging station, in the hotel's parkade.
A word from Samurai Sushi Bar & Restaurant - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
Experience a true taste of Japan at the Samurai Sushi Bar and Restaurant. You will find the freshest and finest sushi and sashimi in town as well as interactive Japanese hot pot dinners such as shabu-shabu and sukiyaki. Take a seat at the Sushi Bar and watch our Chefs work their magic right before your eyes. Say "Sayonara' to ordinary dining!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Samurai Sushi Bar & Restaurant - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- GoodHlapuzDined on 10/17/2014First time dining at Samurai Sushi. The sushi was really good but the portions were really small for the price. And service was just ok.Special Features:
- Great food and Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014As per usual the Samurai delivered incredible, high quality food and excellent service. Each piece of fish was very fresh, the tempura lightly battered and udon delicious. It is a Fairmont hotel so the prices are expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samurai at Banff SpringslizbethDined on 9/1/2014I can't remember everything we had, but I do know my husband and I thought it was all some of the best Japanese food we had ever had! and that's saying a lot, because my husband is half Japanese. I know we had the Beef Tataki, assorted tempura, Chicken Shioyaki, Ikura, Goma Ae plus other sushi and sashimi, rice and Sake. Our waitress was also Japanese, and extremely knowledgeable of the menu and a pleasure to talk with!!! The atmosphere was relaxed and intimate. Really a wonderful dining experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor/Musicarteest2Dined on 8/9/2014The dark grey walls with no lighting or art or both made the section away from the sushi bar seem a bit closeted and the jazz music was obnoxious and inappropriate. As there are no windows to outside, interesting illuminated wall sconces of Japanese art and the traditional music playing would coincide with the experience a patron of the Samurai would hope to have.Special Features:
- UniqueVacationDinerDined on 7/27/2014The dining experience was unique in that we got to cook our food at the table. It is small and quaint.Special Features:
- Top sushi qualitySeankDined on 7/25/2014I've been to numerous Japanese restaurant but this place replaced my top 5 rank. Truly the best Japanese restaurant you can ever experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Samurai Sushi Bar & Restaurant - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel reviews archive.
- DisappointingFood4lifeDined on 5/17/2014Expected much more from a Fairmont restaurant. Food was fine but wine list was totally limited and unacceptable. Four or five choices only. Service was marginal at best and ambience in the dining area was very poor. Big disappointment after choosing to dine at the Fairmont.
- pricey for what you get.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014My friend and I ate here last weekend. I had read some rave reviews and I am not a picky person so I was excited. Maybe if we had eaten a hot pot it would of been awesome. But our tempura appetizer had 7 pieces for $14, and our rolls were good but I have had better sushi for a lot less. Next time I visit Banff I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great SushiLenzoDined on 4/19/2014Great food presentation. Fresh taste ! Best lightly battered Tempura. Great Sashimi. Frank the waiter in the Kimono looked Dodgy but had great advice. Thanks for a great evening. Book early for the early sittings. We went at 830pm on a Friday and there were spots available. Small kitchen counter intimate seats and then tables inside with the hot pot service. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014Grilled Chicken Breast - Tough and stringy, way overcooked! Sauce was great! Miso Soup with Tempura and Fish Cakes - Tempura was soggy and fish cakes were a tiny portion. Noodles were plentifull but very chewy. Chicken Thighs - dry and no flavour. Cal. Roll - very good. Seafood salad - very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sushi. Slow Service.DavidDined on 3/10/2014We went to Samurai Sushi Bar for dinner one night, and our overall experience was good. If the sushi had not been so cheap and delicious, that might not have been the case, but luckily both are applicable. The sushi was incredible! I had Nigiri Salmon that literally melted in my mouth it was so good, and my wife had a spicy tuna roll that she kept wanting more of. The prices for individual sushi were great too! The only real downside was that despite not being overly busy, our service was slow, and it wasn't due to the time it took to make the sushi. Every time the waiter came by there was an exorbitant amount of wait time in between. Not enough to really irritate me, but enough to where I noticed it was taking a long time every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, well prepared sushiWatsonVIPDined on 2/21/2014The restaurant offers a lot more than sushi but we sat at the sushi bar only so can't comment on the many other menu items. We also just had been in Japan so can say this is not a Japanese sushi bar experience but a Canadian one. Still the food was good and the service from the sushi chefs was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleNancyDined on 2/8/2014Horrible service, horrible pricing for food that wasn't even good or near worth the money. Never had such a poor Japanese meal that we left as fast as possible to find another one in the same night!
- So fresh!mtritzDined on 1/31/2014We got a great little corner table next to a window looking out into the Banff Springs corridor. People watching at its finest! The fish was soooo fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceStephDined on 12/14/2013Hello! This restaurant has excellent food & the service was wonderful from the server to the manager working that evening. We're locals who are looking to experience it all - wonderful experience and would definitely recommend it to others. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fresh sushi; great selection.foodluverVIPDined on 10/13/2013Very fresh sushi; great selection. Loved their take on shabu shabu!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Samurai Banff FairmontBanashreeVIPDined on 10/10/2013This restaurant is inside Banff Fairmont Hotel. Friendly service. The sushi and rolls we had were good. The plum-wine sorbet was unexpectedly good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedKBridgeDined on 9/5/2013Me and my girlfriend went to Samurai for her birthday, I mentioned the occasion in my open table reservation but we were never asked about the occation or if we wanted anything special. When we arrived we were sat in the back corner where I was facing 3 walls with little art or anything to look at. When our server arrived he seemed annoyed that he had to serve us, didnt introduce himself and when we asked for a recommendation on the sushi all he said was "its all quality" offering no guidence or opinion, for the rest of the dinner we received one word answers to any questions we asked Overall I would say that Samurai was quite the let down after we had heard what people had to say, yes the food was delicious but the service was horrible!
- Excellent sushi in BanffILoveSushiDined on 8/8/2013Very fresh sushi nigiri; hot plate cooking at table (Sukiyaki, shabu-shabu also available). Sticks to classic sushi. No sushi roll inventions. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in BanffPierreDined on 6/28/2013Great service et fine food ! Good quality ! A small restaurant, be sure to make a réservation. Noise level a little high but acceptable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi was good and notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2013The sushi was good and not too overpriced like many other places in Banff. The restaurant was small and felt like a cafeteria. Not the nice and elegant setting I expected from the Fairmont.Special Features: