Samuel Beckett's Irish Gastro Pub
2800 South Randolph Street
Arlington, VA 22206Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Samuel Beckett's Irish Gastro Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.samuelbecketts.com/
- Phone: 7033790122
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Luncgh: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Climaco Quispe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for your private dining options
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7033790122
- Entertainment: Call for Entertainment Schedule
- Cross Street: Campbell Avenue
- Public Transit: Direct bus service to and from Pentagon City Metro station with rush hour service to Pentagon City Metro Station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Randolph Square Parking Garage is one of many parking garages open to the public in Shirlington. Customer for Shirlington Village may enter the garage by taking S. Arlington Mill Drive, Left onto S. Randolph Street and taking your first right after crossing over Campbell Avenue. 200 Spaces. Ground & 2nd Level for Retail Parking Upper levels open for Retail Parking after 5pm, all day Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.
A word from Samuel Beckett's Irish Gastro Pub
Welcome to Beckett's. We have taken a great deal of time and effort to try and create an authentic Irish Pub. Our menu is a collaboration of items from old Ireland to modern Ireland. We are trying to present to you an example of what we loved to eat growing up in Ireland and what is now popular from some of our favorite haunts back home. We promise to offer you the freshest produce, and source as much as we can from local suppliers. We have a mixture of staff from local talent, to staff that we brought over from Ireland. We would like you to think of us as your stepping stone to Ireland. Our ambassadors will try and answer all your questions on Ireland while serving you great comfort food and premium drinks in a warm environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Samuel Beckett's Irish Gastro Pub - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Samuel Beckett's Irish Gastro Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (20)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (16)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- In for a Penny In for a PintPl8HEADDined on 9/25/2014The food was very good. I decided to try something different and had the Chicken Curry. Not a big fan of curry and I was afraid it would be overpowering, but was delighted with the choice! Only downer was the limited Irish Whiskey selection for an Irish pub. Finished the dinner with a creme brulee and 12yr Red Breast! Yum...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceCarlaBDined on 9/25/2014Fun place to go without spending too much money. Some unique beers to try too.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Irish PubLauraVIPDined on 9/23/2014Made this reservation for Trivia Night, without realizing they don't take reservations for the area of the restaurant that supports the Trivia Night. It was not an issue, however, as I was there early enough to secure a table for my group. The trivia night food specials were great and we certainly ate/drank our fair share. I ordered the curried mussels, whcih were tasty, but salty and the sauce was way too thick. I'd recommend the chili, as it is one of my favorites on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Happy Hour in ShirlingtonNancyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our party had a super time before the theater, grazing for two hours on happy hour offerings - extensive, very good, while watching the world walk by. Service exceptional. The address was confusing - it should be listed as on Campbell St.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Our party of three had a wonderful dinner on a beautiful evening outdoors. We each ordered a completely different entree and drink, and we were all very happy! Our waiter was terrific. We've been several times and we have nothing to complain about!Special Features:
- After the ShowHealthyFoodLOverVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great for sitting outside with friends after the Signature matinée. Food is homey and good. Portions are large and attractive. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2014Pleasantly surprised. The service was amazing, very friendly, and nice. The food was very good. I especially recommend the fish and chips. Very good value and tasty.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We have dined here a handful of times and the food has always been very good. We highly recommend you try this place. The service is fast, friendly and efficient. Try to catch it during happy hour - great deals on good, food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From app to dessert food was greatPDXtransplantDined on 8/20/2014Arrived at happy hour and began with curry chips, an Irish Russian, and the in house ale. Chips required a fork because of the curry. So good, nothing was left. Went traditional for entrees with bangers and the sausage roll. More curry sauce with the sausage roll complimented the flaky crust and seasoned meat. The gravy with the bangers was out of this world. Ended with the bread pudding and apple crumbly. Both were heavenly. Again the sauces tied everything together and completed the dishes. Relaxing and fun spot. Rich colored decor makes for romantic night or great conversation spot with friends. It was rainy, but patio seating would be great on a fall night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thomasDined on 8/19/2014The scallops were exceptional as was the potato cake. Service very good. Ate outside - couple opposite us was VERY Loud. We are seniors and like quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- good for on the way to the theatreegurianDined on 8/17/2014Nice wait staff and nice ambiance, get you out in time. Food perfectly pleasant but unremarkable. Did what we wanted.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We had a great time. The food was tasty and the service was spot on. There were many things that looked good on the menu so we will be back to give them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Risotto appetizer and bangers and mash were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect outdoor, pre-theater spotxnyrVIPDined on 7/26/2014We go to Becket's so often that I decided to branch out and try the blackened cod with salsa. Good choice! Excellent fish, very spicy preparation, huge portions. A very satisfying meal and a lovely evening to sit outside in Shirlington and watch all the couples, families and dogs stroll by. This is the most reliable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night in ShirlingtonxnyrVIPDined on 7/17/2014Beckett's was not quite up to the challenge of the Thursday night outdoor party in Shirlington. The food was just a good as always but the service was disappointing. We are usually wowwed by all the staff at Beckett's, from a friendly greeting upon arrival to extra measures of service from the waitstaff. Thursday night was noisy and crowded, overwhelmed by loud and sub-standard "jazz" (not Becketts' fault), and the hostess was cold, uncooperative, and argumentative even though we had a reservation. The server was not one of the knowledgable and professional Irish charmers, and he just could not keep up with demand. One ordered dish was missing and beverage delivery was slow to failed. We'll be back - but not on a busy night.
- One of our regularsBigRubeVIPDined on 7/6/2014Samuel Beckett's Irish Gastro Pub has become one of our regular go-to places for dining before a show at Signature Theatre. The service has always been good, and the food is good and works whether you're really hungry or just need something to tide you over.Special Features:
- JakeDined on 7/4/2014We regularly visit Beckett's with a group of co-workers. The staff and table layout accommodates our group of 6--12 people comfortably in the back bar. Beckett's has a very good wine list and there is a varied selection of Irish dishes on the menu in addition to great 'burgers. The parking garage is conveniently close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CiaoBellaVIPDined on 6/24/2014We have enjoyed our pre-theatre dinners here all season. Looking forward to a new menu for the 2014-15 Signature season.
- Great pub!AndreaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The beer was great, and lots of brands on draught. The food was good pub food...bangers and mash, Shepherd's Pie, as well as good appetizers and entree salads. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great Fun A little NoisyJohnDined on 6/18/2014If you are looking for a great bar to hang out in with good appetizers this is the place for you. The food is really good and the wait staff was great. If you are looking for a quiet corner to chat in or be romantic this is NOT the place. We went there for a group outing with the bowling team so this worked for us. The wait staff was outstanding and the food was great. The appetizers were good and the entrees were outstanding. Even though we were at a table together it was still hard to hear each other with the bar noise. The bar sort of flows into the restaurant area but this did not bother our group. I would highly recommend this place. The food is imaginative and the atmosphere is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayJayhawkDined on 6/15/2014Chose Becketts specifically for Father's Day because my husband likes pubs. Good choice. Menu was a bit limited but I had Joyce burger and he had pheasant salad and both were good. We will be back for other events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beckett's: great Shirlington assetMelindaDined on 6/13/2014Beckett's is a wonderful place to relax with friends, celebrate, or just hang out--always welcoming, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Above and BeyondFriendTimeDined on 6/7/2014The single best part of my first visit to Sam Beckett's was our server, Sydney. We had a group of seven, all with a wide range of tastes and preferences. Sydney never missed a beat. Her recommendations were on target; her personality was welcoming and professional; her smile genuine and infectious. A+ service like she provided to us makes the entire experience just that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 245 reviews are from the Samuel Beckett's Irish Gastro Pub reviews archive.
- Good handling of our groupBigRubeVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were a group of 9, and the orders came out correct and in a timely fashion. My husband's salmon in pastry was especially lovely and delicious. My steak was cooked as requested and quite good. And they kindly separated the checks for couples and individuals in the group. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Cute restaurantLearningToEatDined on 5/25/2014This place is nice, the staff is friendly, and the food is delish. The only problem is the amount of foot traffic outside. If you eat outside, sit on the side of the restaurant as there will be less people walking by and driving you nuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real nice pubpubfanDined on 5/22/2014I enjoy Guiness and Smithwick's and Harp on draft, and the classic Irish pub menu. The food and service are quite good, the ambience enjoyable. The noise level is high unless you are in the back room.Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theatre VenueTravellersDined on 5/21/2014We made a reservation on the advice of a friend for dinner prior to a show at the Signature Theater. The restaurant had a special for the theater crowd which was welcome, food was excellent, and service was flawless. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group GatheringSammieBDined on 5/17/2014We had reservations for a group of 8 people. We were seated at a table in quiet corner that allowed conversation. The waiter was patient with the sporadic drink appetizer orders. All of the main courses arrived at the same time and everyone's meal was excellent. We had dessert and coffee and were allowed to linger a bit as the group was having a good time and does not get a chance to visit often. The service and food exceed expectations Everyone enjoyed the experience at Samuel Beckett's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Irish Pub menu-friendly srvceSkierMomArlingtonDined on 5/11/2014This is our third year running going to Beckettt's for Mother's Day Brunch. We all love the menu (Shepherd's Pie, Irish Breakfast and seafood chowder all very good), and there's always a soccer game on the big screen. It's not a sports pub per se, but if you want to glance at the screens, they are there. Service was very friendly and prompt. I really appreciated the hostess reading and accommodating my "OpenTable" reservation request for seating (main room, within site of big screen for our two soccer fans).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/3/2014Shepherd's pie was awesome; best in town. Chowder was good but a little watery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud for LunchkelljVIPDined on 5/1/2014There was a group on the 2nd level having a private function---playing music and videos---make it virtually impossible to carry on a conversation at times.
- GenericOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Solid service, but food left much to be desired. Clear the fish isn't fresh. Tired, wilted battering on the fish too. Still, the pint was nice and cold and a quiet venue to watch footie on a Sunday afternoon. Definitely wouldn't go out of my way to come back.
- Fun St. Patrick's Day PlaceJodiInNOVADined on 3/17/2014I was thrilled to find an Irish place that took reservations on St. Patrick's Day. The crowd was exactly as expected. The food was authentically Irish as they were serving off of a special St. Patrick's Day menu. Even the service wasn't bad considering how busy it was ... It was a fun night out.
- Early St. Pat's CelebrationAnnArlingtonDined on 3/15/2014The waiter did a great job of taking care of us. We never had to search for him, and he was even well equipped and receptive to our request for 12+ separate checks. Drinks and food were good. Our only hiccup was that our table wasn't ready at our reservation time so we all had to stand around a smaller table for about 45mins to an hour. The hostess did call me a couple of hours ahead to let me know this was a possibility, since it was the Saturday before St. Pat's, so we were prepared. A note to future late night reservations, the hostess leaves at 10, so if you aren't sat by then you are kind of on your own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No table until 20 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/8/2014No table until 20 minutes after reservation time, with children in tow. No offer to comp anything due to the wait. Slow kitchen. "Pork spare rib" is a misnomer. It is what I would call a pork shank or pork knuckle. Not what I was excepting. Should have asked. It includes mashed potatoes and boiled potatoes. The boiled potatoes were still somewhat crunchy. My least satisfying visit to the restaurant to date.
- Great overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The food was really, really good. Old Irish favorites with a level sophistication. Service was great as was the atmosphere. Went there with my wife for Valentines Day and had to bring our son b/c of no babysitter. Waiter was great with him. Just like a family owned pub in Ireland, very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beckett's in ShirlingtonCandyCDined on 2/8/2014I like Beckett's but it's not for everyone - this time it was a little too much bar scene & not enough dining, but we were eating late on a Saturday night so it was to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to watch rugbyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014My friend and I went to watch rugby and have lunch. We were given a table right by the television and no one tried to hurry us away. We were able to watch the whole game and eat some very tasty comfort food. Thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food, good beerFoodLvrDined on 1/19/2014Three couples enjoyed delicious pub food and beer after Signature Theater outing. Service was attentive, polite, and pleasant. The blackened cod was really delicious -- I would order it again. Several at my table enjoyed the generous serving of delectable Guinness Burger, served on mashed potatoes rather than on a bun. Our only disappointment was the creme brulee -- the creamy custard was not as tasty as usual, and the hard caramel shell was much thicker and hard to chip through. But that was our only very small issue for a most enjoyable dinner. We all look forward to returning and trying out more of the Irish specials. Great beer selection, especially for the couple that hails from England.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, OK foodMojaveVIPDined on 1/18/2014Pre-theatre dinner. The food was just OK. One of the aps came tepid. Great service and good wines.Special Features: