10205 Gravois Road
St. Louis, MO 63123Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.samssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3148493033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm We will be open Christmas Eve from 4:00pm - 9:00pm. Advance reservations are suggested.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bobby Rattanavong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: New in 2006. Have your party at work or home. We offer a variety of catering packages, from full meals to appetizers.
- Private Party Facilities: Sam's Steakhouse offers both private & semi-private banquet rooms. Holiday availability is booking quickly. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Nickles 3148493033
- Entertainment: Piano player Friday and Saturday nights from 7-11.
- Special Events: We have private rooms that accommodate from 35-100 people.
A word from Sam's Steakhouse
Sam's Steakhouse is a hidden gem in St. Louis. We offer amazing steaks, wines to compliment any palate, desserts to appease any sweet tooth & top notch service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Sam's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Affton ›
Sam's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (19)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- why make reservations?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Dinner was to be a special occasion. We made reservations, we dressed up, we wanted a nice quiet dinner. We were seated in the bar with the loud drinkers and large families. Service was poor with one server to 30 diners. Very poor planning on management's part. Very disappointing experience. If I want to spend over $100 on dinner it will not be at Sam's again.
- everything was greatferrellDined on 8/29/2014We brought our niece for her 18th birthday and we enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced, terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I took my wife to Sam's Steakhouse for our anniversary dinner. We started the night with 2 drinks and an appetizer. I was less than pleased with the amount of food on a $13.00 appetizer that was just fried food. My wife and I were patiently awaiting our steak thinking it would be top notch at almost $40.00 a steak. My wife and I were extremely disappointed. Hoping it was the terrible mushrooms that were making the steak taste so bad, we decided to eat it without the mushrooms. After our initial bite, we both just laughed. We couldn't believe we just spent this much money on something that was so bad. After almost a $150.00 bill after tip, we left and decided we could go to Texas Roadhouse for $50.00 and enjoy much better steak.Special Features:
- diningoutDined on 8/27/2014Very nice décor. atmosphere elegant. a nice birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great find. Enjoyed the dining experience. My filet was both tasty and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrewKarenDined on 8/16/2014Best steaks and service in town!! We frequent Sam's because it has the best service and the best steaks in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samsmommytwiceDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I went to Sam's Steak Hose for our anniversary dinner on 8/12/14 and were very pleased with the food. There was a table of annoying, loud patrons nearby, which sort of muffled the mood and general ambience, but overall it was a great meal. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW...!!!MutchDined on 8/10/2014Although we had heard great things about Sam's...we had never been there before...but it was our 46'th anniversary so we thought we would try it...We were NOT disappointed... I guess you could describe Sam's as "old world charm"...kinda dark, great china, all the expected stuff... Menu is short...steak, steak and more steak...and my Pepper Filet was as good as any I've ever had...my wife had a tenderloin and she described it as "perfect"... Our waiter, Art, was fantastic...very attentive without being overly so... HIGHLY recommended...Special Features:
- Table for 4BuddDined on 8/7/2014Sam's again lived up to our expectations. The food was excellent, as were the drinks and wine. They have never disappointed us and probably never will. They continue to do a good job of holding the line on menu prices versus rising beef prices.Special Features:
- Steak very good.ssshDined on 8/6/2014Steak was really good. Baked potato was best I have ever had. The salad was delicious as well. Waiter was competent and nice.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceUSARMYVET85Dined on 8/2/2014We picked Sam's steakhouse as a final dinner for my in laws visit from Germany.. And I must say it was the best dining experience I've ever had.. Although it was not well enough lit.. A little brighter would be better.. but that's a minor detail.. The food was absolutely to die for!! Salad, steak, sides!! All were prepared fresh and you could taste it!! The wait staff were kind and curtoius.. The wine selection was supereb!! Although a tad pricy. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I would dine at Sam's Steakhouse again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's Birthday DinnerMrandMrsDinoutalotDined on 8/1/2014The shrimp Louisiana appetizer was great! Steaks were not as expected. Cooked as requested, however the quality of meat was not as we had hoped, especially the Delmonico bone-in ribeye. All other food was very good, lobster tail, bread, salads, dessert, etc. We sat in the bar and were able to watch the Cards game and listen to the great piano man, service was fine and as expected, everyone was very nice. Would have been perfect had the steaks been better quality. We still recommend Sam's and will stick with the shrimp and lobster...maybe some fish next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014My wife and I love this restaurant for special occasions! Perfectly cooked and well seasoned steaks!Special Features:
- A South St. Louis InstitutionEdwardVIPDined on 7/29/2014Sam's continues to turn out great tasting steaks at fair prices. You can count on Sam's for the old school steakhouse menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 75th birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Celebrated my mom's 75thy birthday that evening. Both the food and service were wonderful! The steaks were perfectly cooked and seasoned deliciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night FunLoveSteaksDined on 7/26/2014We had an excellent dinner for our family of 6. All of our steaks were cooked as ordered, hot and tasty! The service was exceptional and our waiter very friendly/professional. A wonderful way to spend a Saturday night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food and the service was excellent! I am never disappointed when I eat at Sam's Steakhouse. The portions are very generous. Our waiter had wonderful suggetions on different menu items. We will definitely go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatTheTeachDined on 7/21/2014My family and I have been coming to Sam's for special occasions for many years. My husband and I just celebrated our anniversary here because we can always count on Sam's to deliver outstanding food with great (not snobby) service in a nice, romantic atmosphere. We especially love their house salad dressing. Also, this time we had stuffed mushrooms which were reasonably priced for the four huge mushroom caps and were delicious. Their steaks are always succulent and perfectly prepared. We always feel at home and well taken care of at Sam's. If you are in the St. Louis area, you must patronize this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great servicekcamdenDined on 7/14/2014Went there for our anniversary service was great food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and servicehavenemDined on 7/12/2014Best steaks in town. The service is outstanding and the food is always perfect.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSoonerNMoDined on 7/6/2014Our first time here, we weren't disappointed. We were greeted upon arrival, and thanked for our patronage when leaving. A quiet, intimate atmosphere, professional staff, great food and drinks. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014We have been fans and customers of Sam's for many years. The staff is very friendly and on top of their game. The ambiance of the restaurant is wonderful.Special Features:
- great as alwaysbabsDined on 6/30/2014Sam's steaks were as tasty and tender as I always expect them to be. The service is always great as well.Special Features:
- This place is awesome!ddyrlDined on 6/30/2014My husband and I went about a week ago and my son had our leftovers the following day. He thought it was so good that he asked if I would make a reservation for him and his girlfriend to go a few days later to celebrate their one year anniversary. I spoke directly with Pat (the owner) and he said since they were celebrating a special occassion he wanted to give them a free dessert and then he also put a congratulatory message on their electronic sign out in front of the restaurant. This place exceeds expectations beginning with the customer service - the food is second to none! This will be our local go to spot from now on.Special Features:
- RobbedDined on 6/29/2014Steaks tough chicken burnt service poor will never return felt I was totally robbed of alot of money for alot of nothing
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014We went for our anniversary. When we got there , the hostess wished us "Happy Anniversary." The service is very good. We had an appetizer of artichoke hearts that were delicious. We had the prime rib. My husband's seemed to be a little chewy, mine was just fine. Could have been seasoned a little more. As our sides, we had baked potato and the vegetable of the day. Nothing out of the ordinary. I thought maybe we would get a dessert to share for our special night, but it didn't happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at SamsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Everyone was friendly and very attnetive. Food was excellent One of the top steak houses in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerWard4Dined on 6/21/2014We had a wonderful dinner for our sons birthday. The food was perfect, service great. We can always count on a consistently good time when we go to Sam's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!relaxandeatDined on 6/15/2014Sam's is a great place for special occasions. We always have a great time with family and friends when we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprisePuppyluv65VIPDined on 6/15/2014I hadn't been to Sam's in years but thought it would be a good choice for a Fathers Day dinner. And it was! The service was perfect, the food was perfect and - to top it off - they had a Father's Day special on their prime rib. I will not wait so long this time before we return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fathers' Day SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Great deal, great food, very accommodating to the elderly patrons....Special Features:
- Hard to beatCarnivoreDined on 6/14/2014Sam's is hard to beat when it comes to a great steak and relaxed atmosphere. Been going there for years and will continue to go there for years to come. Great place to take customers because you never have to worry about the food or service. If steak isn't your thing you can't go wrong with with anything else on the menu either.Special Features:
- Consistent and relaxedSTLmomDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy the hospitality and terrific food at Sam's! Pleasant surroundings, and an opportunity to enjoy a quality steak without a lot of fuss. The children's menu offers several generous choices - toasted ravioli or tasty chicken tenders that someone would actually enjoy eating. We will bring our children along more often after this Father's Day outing!Special Features:
- Went down hillFoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014We both got the porterhouse which we get everytime we go. This time it was grissaly. Not pleased. 2nd time this happened will not be back. Guess we will need to find a different steakhouse.
- Great ExperiencewksstlDined on 6/6/2014Great ambience, excellent service, delicious meal! Been here a few times and always a pleasant, easy, leisurely experience. A first for my friend and most enjoyable. A definite return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and foodgetcat0519Dined on 5/19/2014We have been to Sam's many times during the past years and we have to say this was the best experience. We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. The service and food were outstanding. Please give the chef our compliments as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateslr7ccDined on 5/9/2014Great food, great service. We have not been there in years. We decided to go there for our anniversary. Menus has changed and I do like that you do not have to order each item a la cart anymore. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Enjoyable! Good food & service!1904wffanDined on 5/8/2014Good food, exactly as ordered! A lovely special occasion place but prices are reasonable for just a night out for a good steak!Special Features:
- The following 961 reviews are from the Sam's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- ChooseLannister1Dined on 5/4/2014The bread was soo good, it was perfectly crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy like a cloud in the inside. I haven't had a baguette that good since my travels abroad. The Steak was delicious! I had the Pepper Filet, medium rare, and do have a dessert; either the Chocolate Torte (very decadent) or the Crème Brule (yummy!).Special Features:
- Sam's SteakhouseJanetDined on 5/1/2014We really enjoyed our visit to Sam's especially since we had a $20 coupon. Our waiter Greg was very friendly and efficient. The steaks were excellent and the twice-baked potatoes were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.