10205 Gravois Road
St. Louis, MO 63123Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.samssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (314) 849-3033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm We will be open Christmas Eve from 4:00pm - 9:00pm. Advance reservations are suggested.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bobby Rattanavong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: New in 2006. Have your party at work or home. We offer a variety of catering packages, from full meals to appetizers.
- Private Party Facilities: Sam's Steakhouse offers both private & semi-private banquet rooms. Holiday availability is booking quickly. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Nickles 3148493033
- Entertainment: Piano player Friday and Saturday nights from 7-11.
- Special Events: We have private rooms that accommodate from 35-100 people.
A word from Sam's Steakhouse
Sam's Steakhouse is a hidden gem in St. Louis. We offer amazing steaks, wines to compliment any palate, desserts to appease any sweet tooth & top notch service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sam's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Affton ›
Sam's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (53)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- GaryShyDined on 11/18/2014Made reservations for dinner for my wife's 60th birthday and the Maitre D wished her Happy Birthday when we arrived and our server Charlie did the same. A great touch! The largest and best tasting lobster tail she has ever had, which is a staple for her birthday dinner. Received a small birthday cake with a lit candle after dinner. Outstanding experienece.Special Features:
- Dinner at Sam'sDaveDined on 11/13/2014Like Sam's for our special days-birthdays, anniversary and holidays. Food is great. Wife has chicken and I always have steak. Both are excellent. Steak is always cooked to perfection. Service is always good. " Charlie" was better than satisfactory on our last dinner. Dessert on the house for my wife's birthday was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relax and eatrelaxandeatDined on 11/9/2014We love everything about Sam's Steakhouse when we go out to eat there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Very enjoyable dinner at Sam's Steakhouse. Kudos to our server, Brad, and the rest of the wait staff for handling numerous special requests from our party of six with accuracy and aplomb. And big thanks for the surprise birthday treats. Add the piano stylings of Dan Wiese and it all made for a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Special PlaceJandA70Dined on 11/8/2014Reminds us of the old days in a very good kind of way. The steaks are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Sam'sSaintLouisRickDined on 11/5/2014Sam's tenderloin of beef medallions cooked medium, creamy spinach, and salad with mayfair dressing was outstanding. The filet with same salad, and twice baked potato was superb. The sides that the restaurant serves are huge. They come with the meat as does the salad. To quote an old movie line, "I'll be back"Special Features:
- frankanddebDined on 11/2/2014we celebrated our 39th anniversary ...it was perfectSpecial Features:
- Family DinnerTommyGDined on 11/1/2014We had a good dinner at Sam's. 2 dinners were very good and 2 were not so good. 2 of the steaks were cooked perfectly. The special tenderloin medallion meals were not good at all. They could not get the temperature right on 1 ordered med rare, it came out raw and cold. The big disappointment was the sauce. I tried it and it tasted like canned brown gravy. It was horrible. We will give it another chance because the waiter was outstanding and worked to fix the problems quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BadEatingintheUSADined on 11/1/2014One of, if not THE, worst prime ribs I've ever had. 35% to 50% fat. What wasn't fat, was tough. Won't be back anytime soon.
- Always reliable!CarolaVIPDined on 10/31/2014A traditional steakhouse, and a southside tradition, Sam's Steakhouse does not change much because it's wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Wonderful ExperienceKCrossDined on 10/29/2014My husband and I were dining out for his birthday. Our waiter, Chris, made it extra special by bringing us a chocolate cake for dessert. He and his assistant kept our waters full and checked on us often without being intrusive. It was a wonderful night out and I am looking forward to our next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakhouseSteakmanDined on 10/25/2014Great STEAKHOUSE. A+ service. A throwback. This place is a restaurant like restaurants used to be. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionJoanDined on 10/25/2014I surprised my husband for his 60th birthday. He was thrilled that we went to Sams. This was our 4th visit. Every visit was never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Good service (so so all around )usallfoodDined on 10/24/2014The service was good. The gentlemen that took our order was very knowledgeable, and kind. The food was prepared correctly we just where not impressed for the price. If the experience is what you pay for then we had something different in mind.
- Wonderful ExperienceLindaDined on 10/18/2014I have been to Sam's many times and am never disappointed with the service or the food. This was the first time for 2 of our group and they too were impressed with our dining experience. Our steaks were so tender and tasted so good. Generous sized potato, fresh salad & Mayfair dressing was excellent. Drinks from the bar were so great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentRichieRichVIPDined on 10/16/2014Sam's is always consistently good. It features traditional steakhouse fare. I was disappointed in the creamed spinach (it was too cheesy for my taste), but otherwise the food was good. The filet Oscar was done perfectly.Special Features:
- GustoveneDined on 10/16/2014Things were good. My husband 's steak was great and mine was ok. It was really chilly and people were complaining about it.Special Features:
- bad fishdinerDined on 10/14/2014Wait staff was good, my 8oz filet was great. The mahi mahi my mother had was not good. not prepared correctly and did not finish meal
- Memorable 1st Wedding AnniversarySh4wn38Dined on 10/13/2014Sam's steakhouse made my wife's whole year it was the most outstanding dining experience we've had thus far...one of our favorite placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for steaks seafood and wineBallwinDined on 10/12/2014I have been to SAMs many times and always leave happy ! Just a dinner out or a special occasion very nice place and great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!ScotsmanDined on 10/11/2014I read reviews that ran the gamut but decided to take a chance. I'm so glad I did. One of the best steaks I have had and thanks to our waiter Sam (no not the owner), the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Horrible dining experience!Donotdineoften4Dined on 10/11/2014Good was served rare when asked for medium well. Sent it back twice. Then they ended up putting sauce on it when they finally got the temperature right and we specifically asked NO sauce.Special Features:
- Always deliciousAnnMDined on 10/10/2014Sams steakhouse is always delicious I wouldn't consider them to be expensive based on the service and quality of food you get! We go for our anniversary every year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnertennisVIPDined on 10/7/2014Dinner was good as always. Really like that dinner is not a la carte. Do miss the medalions of beef on the menu. Loved our server Sam although service was slow and the restaurant was not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRedracerDined on 10/4/2014From the moment we arrived we were treated with great wait staff and buss help It made our anniversary special Chris was a wonderful waiter and made our experience memorableSpecial Features:
- First timersKitchDined on 10/3/2014Wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Sam's. We ate in the bar, and had a great time.....food was superb, and the service was excellent......we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBuddVIPDined on 10/2/2014As usual the food was excellent. Steaks were done to perfection. Wine went well with the meal. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sam'sannaDined on 10/1/2014Steak was outstanding - service great! wouldn't change a thing. would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had a great waiter it was our first time at the restaurant and Chris was great. He recommend chicken soup my husband really enjoyed the soup. He also recommend us Louisiana shrimp and said it willingness be really good if we would dip the bread in the sauce excellent. Finally the entrée I had the salmon with steak sauce delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsmab531Dined on 9/27/2014We have gone to Sam's Steakhouse for many years, and every visit is 'special'. Great for the steaklover in you. Their house special rice wine & vinaigrette salad dressing is one of my favorites. Resin baked potatoes are puffy and gigantic. Dry aged fillet is always a treat. Dress code is anywhere from dress casual to evening gown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!PBTackDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I have been coming to Sam's Steakhouse for about 6 years now; since moving here to St Louis area and discovering it. We attend for special occasions and have never once had a bad experience!! The staff is absolutely amazing and the food, well, words cannot describe it! The food is fabulous!! Thank you, Sam's Steakhouse, for making yet another anniversary memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningTriwoodsManDined on 9/26/2014Food is excellent at Sam's Steak House. All of the service people are friendly. Unfortunately e cannot afford to dine there too often because of the high price of the food. But we eat there two or three times a year on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam's slamsSaintLouisRickDined on 9/25/2014Sam's steakhouse was GREAT. The filet was tender, and cooked to perfection. Good bread. Large sides. The salad was so/so; the mayfair dressing was delicious. I had garlic mashed potatoes, and partner had the green beans. they were served in "boats", perhaps "ships'. Live entertainment on a Thursday night was good, well balanced sound, not loud. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Very disappointeddineOutOftenDined on 9/24/2014Used to visit every 3 months-hadn't been in a year. Disappointed-probably not return. Diner1=prime rib. Consistency of sirloin not smooth texture expected, & somewhat tough-sinewy-grilled. Menu & waiter didn't say grilled; expected roast. Diner2=Delmonico rib eye. OK not great or bad but by chance waiter mentioned to diner1 that rib eye was grilled with same Cajun season used on Louisiana shrimp appetizer. Cajun Delmonico? Menu didn't mention Cajun-diner2 doesn't like-could have been very bad. Waiter mentioned steak & prime could be done with house steak sauce. Tried it. Both dishes drenched in sauce-completely overpowered flavor of meat. Creamed spinach was like spinach soup. Waiter rather inattentive-and it was very slow nite.
- quality customer service neededZappadueDined on 9/20/2014I had a Restaurant.com coupon for $25 off a purchase of $37.50..This is the only reason we went to Sam's that night. I get there and the waitor advised me they are not taking the coupons from this business any longer. Then I found a coupon from my Entertainment Book for $20 off but was not valid on Saturday's..The waitor could have worked with me in some way, even a comp on a drink or desert would have been better customer service than just leaving us all hanging and not caring at all. It sure would have been nice to have known that Sam's was not taking coupons. Maybe post information on your website so others would know about your strict coupon rules.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambiencepmktdkDined on 9/20/2014We really like Sam's and it is less noisy than so many restaurants today. However, for me, I would appreciate it if the overall style of the restaurant was updated. The furnishings, style seem so out of date, not fresh and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Excellent FoodtugmarinerDined on 9/19/2014We arrived 10 minutes early and were promptly seated. The wait staff is very attentive and informative, yet not pushy. They succeed at providing a personal touch to the experience. We both had a filet with jumbo shrimp and Louisiana sauce. Although we were expecting the sauce to be spicy it wasn't but it was very flavorful. The filet was almost 3 inches thick and cooked perfectly. I also had grilled asparagus, it too was cooked perfectly, crisp and tender. Excellent experience overall.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014My girlfriend and I go here regularly. They put something on the steaks that we love. You can ask for them not to, but you should try it. Sit in the bar area and listen to the piano. Ask for Greg, but the blonde female bartender is awesome too - sorry I forgot your name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great for small group of two to three couples to cpshare a great meal with excellent service. Ask for a table in the front portion of the facility. The rear feels like a banquet room without much ambiance.Special Features:
- consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Sam's is an icon in south St. Louis County. It I consistently good and a name that always comes up for celebrating special occasions.Special Features: