Sammy's Downtown Bistro
124 Pondfield Road
Bronxville, NY 10708Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sammy's Downtown Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sammysbronxville.com/
- Phone: 9143373200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Sammy's Downtown Bistro
Sammy's Downtown is a neighborhood restaurant offering American continental cuisine. We believe in friendly, attentive service and a comfortable, attractive environment where good food and wine are guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sammy's Downtown Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (10)great for brunch (7)romantic (4)good for groups (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Never DisappointsGTCandRCVIPDined on 8/24/2014Sammy's is consistently an amazing meal each and every time. Outstanding Staff and food in a gorgeous setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sammy's Never Disappoints.DianeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Had Sunday lunch following a movie at Bow Tie. This is our second time there & again, excellent. Still in love with Sammy's grilled salmon/shrimp salad. My husband thoroughly enjoys the pasta dishes. Excellent & friendly service. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local restaurantDeirdraDined on 8/5/2014Sammys is consistently good. They have a good menu with something for all and the service is very good. sit outside on a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Sammy'sDianeVIPDined on 8/3/2014Husband & I had brunch for the first time in Sammy's Downtown Bistro. Excellent choice. I so enjoyed the Sammy's grilled salmon salad which had grilled shrimp & asparagus. My husband enjoyed his pasta chicken & artichoke. The Bloody Mary's were delicious. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed my first visit to Sammy, everything was great, definitely will be back !!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great food at reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2014Everyone in our party chose different dishes and they were all excellent. Our waitress was also wonderful. Very patient as we took forever to make our selections but then very attentive as we worked our way through 3 delicious courses.Special Features:
- great outside on the sidewalkenergyprzDined on 6/26/2014We had a great dinner after work the mushroom risotto is terrific and Sebastian our waiter was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEWassEARmanDined on 6/22/2014From the bread, to the appetizers, to the main course, to the deserts, the food was very tasty & the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food - fabulous serviceLollyscrambleDined on 5/22/2014This is a very special restaurant. The food was terrific and the staff was friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. The bread was hot and scrumptious. Sammy's was recommended to me and I would also highly recommend Sammy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotTheatergoerVIPDined on 5/20/2014Have had lunch here many times...this time with 4 friends. Salads, chicken paillard, veal paillard, all delicious. A great neighborhood restaurant for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful timejackiemcDined on 5/10/2014Have been there many times & it is consistently good service & great food~ will be backSpecial Features:
- Exceptional food, enjoyable settingDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 5/6/2014The dining room is a comfortable, open and pleasant room. Service is friendly and professional. But the food is the star! Delicious and well prepared it exceeds expectations for even an upscale neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 129 reviews are from the Sammy's Downtown Bistro reviews archive.
- my "go to" place in BronxvilleHelenLDined on 3/23/2014For lunch, brunch or dinner always prime! food, service, wine, etc. Sammy's never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been there several timesNibblerDined on 3/11/2014We've been there several times and have always enjoyed it. The menu is diverse and interesting, the food is delicious, and the service is prompt, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/11/2014We went to Sammy's for lunch during Restaurant Week. The menu was limited but the choices were good. The service was great and the meals themselves were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!AlibVIPDined on 1/26/2014We went for lunch to celebrate my mom's birthday. The service and food were both excellent! Nice and spacious inside. A great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccomodatingeatdrinkbemerryVIPDined on 1/19/2014We went to Sammy's Downtown at 8:00 pm on a Sunday evening. Our waitress infromed us shortly after being seated, that the kitchen closed at 8:45 on Sundays. We did not realize this, and felt a bit pressured to order. My husband's filet mignon, and daughter's veal stew came perfectly as ordered, and they were delicious. I requested a light preparation of the Sole. I ordered quickly, and only requested a no butter, low fat dish with vegetables. My fish came out covered in a thick butter sauce that I could not eat. They were very accomodating and offered to prepare the fish the way I wanted it, without the sauce, no butter, and steamed vegetables on the side. It was delicious and well prepared. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- We took my mom for an earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014We took my mom for an early dinner and had a great time. Mom walks with a cane and the staff saw us approaching and opened the handicapped accessible door so she would not have to climb a stair. The service was great, informative and unintrusive. Our party of three had an arugula and pear salad which was big enough to share. The stuffed mushroom appetizer was good but needed a little more seasoning. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. I guess my only wish is that the food would be more adventurous. While the food is very good after you have been here a few times the menu seems a little boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninteresting foodEllenMVIPDined on 12/15/2013There are many better choices in Bronxville. This food is boring and without flair.
- Out of the City, More ValueLeslieavaVIPDined on 11/27/2013Nice atmosphere, very good food, very good service and reasonable compared to Manhattan restaurants and just a short drive away if you have a car or wish to take Metro North to Bronxville. In a charming village in which to walk, weather permitting.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the special for RestaurantBianca9253VIPDined on 11/15/2013Had a delightful lunch with my daughter. The place was not too crowded and the meal was delicious. I will definitely go back again. The waitstaff was attentive and professional. I really enjoyed myself.Special Features:
- ConsistencyRestaurantNerdVIPDined on 11/14/2013Wait staff, food, atmosphere always great and for a fine dining experience, very reasonably priced. My wife & I go all the time and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relatively small restaurantliketoeatVIPDined on 11/14/2013A relatively small restaurant that serve excellent meals. Service is friendly and attentive. Prices are reasonable. Would definitely eat here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FishOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/13/2013I love the fish here and the saffron risotto. Generous portions and always fresh. It is the best restaurant in Bronxville. I have been here many times but last night I had the Fillet of Sole … pan-roasted in chardonnay wine, finished with a pomegranate buerre blanc drizzle, served with saffron vegetable risotto and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisePinaDined on 11/10/2013Tried it out for Hudson valley restaurant week........very good food ,service and ambiance ..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions SmallTomPellDined on 11/7/2013Food was amazing and service excellent, but portions were a litle on the small side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menu2frombxDined on 11/6/2013Food choices very good. Very good taste and portions excellent. Would definitely return to try regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Goodlover21Dined on 11/6/2013The food was delicious. The only problem I had was that we waited a long time in between meals. The servers took a while to bringing out the food out and also to bring out the check.Special Features:
- Our favorite place in BeonxvilleLuv2reviewVIPDined on 10/9/2013Always a wonderful meal in a beautiful setting. Great food and service. I recommend the Pomme salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingilc004Dined on 9/2/2013We loved the food! Everything we ordered was amazing- the appetizers, entrees, and desert. We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way beyond expectationsSuzeVIPDined on 8/22/2013We'd been to the restaurant in the past and not thought too highly of it. This time, they went way beyond. Food was delicious - the ravioli stuffed with short ribs highly recommend. Wait staff attentive as were the secondary staff. Noise level pleasant without being either dead or overwhelming. We will return!Special Features:
- Best in BronxvilleLuv2reviewVIPDined on 8/15/2013This has always been our favorite Bronxville restaurant. We go time and again and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sammy'sRMG923VIPDined on 8/11/2013Went for a Sunday lunch with my wife, her mom and our 17 year old. Menu has a good selection, the food is always very good, they don't skimp on the portions and the service is very good. Wouldn't hesitate to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sammy's is super!albieVIPDined on 7/25/2013Consistently very good, each dish is carefully prepared and served. Never had a disappointment here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMamie43Dined on 6/25/2013Had the salmon and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. Service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- The service and food werefoodieVIPDined on 6/16/2013The service and food were lackluster this time, perhaps because it was a holiday. Will give it another chance, because it hasn't been disappointing before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2013We had a lovely lunch at Sammy's to celebrate my friend's 43rd birthday. Food and ambiance was great. We're both in our 40's and were likely the youngest patrons in the restaurant. It's definitely a "ladies who lunch" spot. Worked great for us, but expect a more formal and less hip experience.Special Features:
- Dinner=great...lunch=a chorePurrminatorVIPDined on 5/25/2013Stuffed mushrooms were just okay-I ate two and waited too long for our entrees (empty restaurant.) Asked the waiter where the food was, she said she was waiting until I finished the app before bringing it out. She assumed I'd eat it all and so the entrees came out cold. Communication please! Sent my salad back-the bland salmon & shrimp had a layer of oil -salad was soaked. Heard the chef yell in the kitchen about it. Chicken sandwich was dripping and messy-fries were oily and obviously pre-fried and just given a hot oil bath before being served. Had to keep asking for plates to be cleared-wasn't offered dessert. Waitress had tacky see-thru black tights instead of slacks. Go for dinner instead and ask for waiter Andre-he's a pro.Special Features:
- Good food & service. ComfortableNicknameVIPDined on 4/30/2013Good food & service. Comfortable atmosphere. Looking forward to dining outside when weather is more conducive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've enjoyed many lunchesgreygoose2VIPDined on 4/17/2013We've enjoyed many lunches at Sammy's....This was our first dinner experience and we will certainly be back to enjoy another dinner at Sammy's.Special Features: