234 Penn Ave.
Scranton, PA 18503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sambucagrillebar.com/
- Phone: 5709615205
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call 570-961-5205 to inquire and ask for Benny
- Entertainment: Come and enjoy our Live Piano Singer every Friday and Saturday night
A word from Sambuca Grille
Sambuca Grille is an Italian restaurant located in Downtown Scranton.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sambuca Grille - Best Restaurants in Scranton ›
Sambuca Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (28)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (8)good for groups (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- January49VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our favorite local spot especially on Sat when they have great entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SambucaMichaelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very good service with a very entertaining piano player. The food is always good.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Service, AmbianceAttorneyBrianDined on 9/11/2014I've been going to Sambuca Grille for many years. It is an excellent place to enjoy quiet conversation and/or meet for business. The wait staff are professional, attentive and considerate.Special Features:
- Felt like familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit. We were treated like we were long time friends and family. Service was impeccable. Waiter ver helpful and accommodating. Food was outstanding. We had the special braised beef ribs ind rigatoni. The beef melted in your mouth. We also had the salmon special and the salad special plus dessert and coffee and a few cocktails before and during dinner. We left with smiles on our faces and will de finely return. WowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise findGerriDined on 8/29/2014In Scranton only for weekend, was pleasantly suprised to find a great Italian resturant. Would definitly go back when in the area.Special Features:
- Never disappointsFirstClassDinerDined on 8/21/2014Fabulous food and Outstanding service!! This has become a favorite spot and and I have tried many items on the menu. I am never disappointed. The specials are so good, tonight I dd not even need to look at the menu.Special Features:
- Northern Italian in ScrantonMPaulJCVIPDined on 8/21/2014If you don't just want sauce thrown over noodles and tons of mozzarella cheese, come to this authentic Italian. Lovely wine choices and fantastic main plates. The chicken Dijon made me weak in the knees: tender cutlets pounded thin, lightly fried in an off-the-hook Dijon mustard with asparagus and pasta. I'd take this over Parmagiana or Veal Saltimbocca any day. EAT HERE!Special Features:
- January49VIPDined on 8/16/2014Always a winner. This is one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- relaxing moodFRANKDined on 8/15/2014It was a nice quiet evening with friends and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014We stumbled upon this gem for one of our recent date nights. It quickly became my favorite date restaurant. The service is exceptional, the piano player/singer charming, and the ambiance is perfect for a romantic evening. I look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- Quaint and Tasty!VickyXDined on 8/11/2014I had my first meal at Sambuca this week. The restaurant had a tremendous selection of specials... of which I chose three. A scallops appetizer... huge tender scallops in a delectable sauce. Next I had shrimp bisque. Fabulous flavor, lots of bits of shrimp and a creamy texture. My entrée was squid ink pasta in a delicate tomato-herb sauce with calamari and clams. Out of this world. I also had the Sambuca Salad... a nice garden salad. This was one of the best Italian meals I have had outside of NYC. This is about an hour's drive from my home, but worth every cent in gas I spent to get there! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Scranton FavoriteSauvblanc46Dined on 8/7/2014We don't live in the Scranton area but have had to pass through every month or so. We always try to have a dinner at Sambuca. The food is delicious, the staff courteous and attentive, and the atmosphere very pleasant. If you are traveling through on I-81 or another way, this is a great place to stop for dinner. There is parking right next to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Our favorite place !skizitsDined on 8/1/2014We really love going to Sambuca. It is a rare find in Scranton. The staff are excellent and very attentive. The owner is always welcoming and friendly. The food is superb! Very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- As always greatBucaDined on 7/25/2014Second time visiting this restaurant and was as pleaed as when we first went there last year.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant In Scranton PAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Hands down the best dinning experience in the city. Must try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Date Dining!NervousFirstDateDined on 7/19/2014Perfect if you want to have a romantic date where you can hear each other speak. Everything about this place was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itMish24Dined on 7/14/2014My wife and I have now dined here 3 times. We absolutely love it. She gets the ravioli in the pink sauce and one of the salads, and I get the pollo sambuca. The sauces are fantastic! Staff are very polite and accomodating, and service is wonderful. Reminds us of restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific all the way aroundBobetteVIPDined on 7/12/2014I had been wanting to try Sambuca for a long time and am I ever glad I did. It was terrific all the way around. They had a wide variety of specials and quite a nice sized menu. My son said his swordfish was delicious as were his mussels appetizer. I ordered filet mignon and it was prepared exactly medium rare as I ordered. My husband had rack of lamb that he said was excellent and would order again. Service was timed perfectly and the atmosphere was very appealing. Definitely will be back. I'm so glad it's available on Open Table.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerJanuary49VIPDined on 6/28/2014My wife & I both selected special entries of the night . I had the Tuna & she had tha Chicken. Both were truly outstanding selections. Service was great. Wine service was right on. Piano music & great atmosphere made it a truly wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningBreeze153Dined on 6/28/2014Sambuca Grille was the highlight of our weekend in Scranton. Great service and piano player. The food was terrific. Comparable to any NYC restaurant. I would recommend reservations on Saturday night which we had. Plenty of parking and nice location, easy to find. Steam Town and the Mall a block away.Special Features:
- All about presentationElJay744Dined on 6/28/2014We all sampled each others' food. My sister and I had the shrimp stuffed ravioli special. It was very good, but there were only five small raviolis. My niece had the linguine with white clam sauce, which had no taste whatsoever. I think they forgot the garlic and ALL the seasoning. My mother had the ziti with vodka sauce, which was tasty. I can say the cannoli was really good. The price listing might be only $$, but for the quantity of food you receive, it's more like $$$. It is all about the presentation of the food rather than the quantity.Special Features:
- skizitsDined on 6/28/2014We always have a wonderful time at Sambuca. We have got to know the owner and staff and feel very comfortable. The wait staff are excellent.Special Features:
- ReviewTromaDined on 6/23/2014Our most recent trip to this restaurant was fantastic. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The only thing that I may gripe about was the size of our salads. A little on the small side, but it tasted fantastic. Aside from that everything was 5-star.Special Features:
- piano music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great singing piano player, but way too loud when combined with ambient sounds to allow for table conversation. I'll give it one more try before I take the otherwise great place off the map. Unamplified piano and no microphone would be ok.Special Features:
- mary ann pcapucciDined on 6/20/2014I took my boyfriend to Sambuca's for his birthday. He said he hadn't had linguine that good since he was a little boy when his grandmother made it many years ago!!! Every spoonful of the entire meal was a delight.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulScrantonGalDined on 6/14/2014If you enjoy excellent service and charming staff, along with really great food...Sambuca is the place for you. Their specials are always perfect, drinks are great, and on Saturday nights there is a quirky singer who plays the piano. It's a little dressy, and a little dimly lit, but the service is absolutely impeccable. I am never disappointed by the specials and usually order appetizer, salad, and dinner from the specials menu. Every experience I have had at this restaurant has been absolutely fantastic. By far my favorite restaurant in the Scranton area, and it's right downtown!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food, service, and drinks. Staff was friendly and atmosphere was enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Great Place to eat!TonyR0206Dined on 5/31/2014We went to Sambuca as a special out of town dinner for my wife's birthday. It did not disappoint. We knew going into it that prices were a bit on the high side, so that was no surprise. What I did find surprising is that for the price of the dishes, they did not include a salad. The service was second to none & we were treated very well. I ordered a frutti di mare (a seafood/pasta dish -$26). My wife ordered carbonara w/ chicken ($18) Both were cooked to perfection. For $26 I expected my portion to be a bit larger. We both got dessert. I had a cannoli which was wonderful. My wife ordered a lemon sorbet. It was frozen and served in a hollowed out lemon. A very neat presentation and it tasted even better than it looked.Special Features:
- What a find!RRdinerDined on 5/22/2014We were passing through the area and after a quick seach found this gem. Wonderful dishes. We opted for one of the specials and it was fabulous. Authentic Italian cooking, served by an establishment that if I close my eyes, could be in Rome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 113 reviews are from the Sambuca Grille reviews archive.
- The food is outstanding!DavePVIPDined on 5/19/2014The food is outstanding and the very reasonably priced! Definitely worth checking out!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Sambuca GrillJjmprmDined on 5/17/2014Before making reservations to celebrate my son's graduation at Sambuca Grill, I read all the reviews I could find because every other restaurant I considered in the area had mixed reviews. Sambuca Grill had good service, gOod food and good prices. There was nothing to complain about. I would definitely return when I go back to Scranton.Special Features:
- Exceptional diningLuvgoodfoodDined on 5/10/2014We recently celebrated a graduation at Sambucas and were absolutely delighted with the entire experience. The food was excellent, the service was exceptional and the ambience was lovely. They adjusted sauces according to our needs due to allergies and were very attentive and accommodating to our party of 5. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended in ScrantonKWedDined on 5/9/2014I'm glad I made reservations for our Friday evening dinner at Sambuca as it was a busy evening. This was our first time at Sambuca and it could not have been better. The service was impeccable, menu was extensive and there were a variety of specials. The Caesar salad and Sambuca salad were each a nice portion and delicious. Whether you choose pasta, chicken, seafood or steak - you will not be disappointed. Everything was tasty and cooked to our liking. We were too full for dessert so we took it to go. The mango mousse and the chocolate flourless cake were to die for. I look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:
- Nice placePAfoodieDined on 5/9/2014Nice place; hovering waiters - ok if you like that. Food was good but my fish was a bit undercooked and my portobello ravioli was a little cold. Plus there was an unpainted wall that looked like there was some work done recently but they didn't get around to re-painting. My husband's filet mignon was really good.Special Features:
- GREAT123456Dined on 5/2/2014Food was great, piano player a little lous we were seated right next to him. was difficult to hear each other talkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.LEO1Dined on 5/2/2014Great atmosphere, clean, friendly service and Excellent food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite dinner spotFirstClassDinerDined on 5/2/2014Sambuca Grille is above and beyond anything you'd expect in downtown Scranton. Fabulous food, outstanding service. I can't say enough good things about how delicious the food is; never disappointed and it remains my favorite go to spot for dinner. Make a reservation or you risk being turned away, they fill up fast... especially on Friday/Saturday....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and StaffPatrickDined on 4/19/2014The food and service were excellent. I will be going back. I reminded me of the restaurants in NYC We were very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Scranton Gem. A must!ABNMDined on 4/19/2014Went here off a whim when our usual Ruth's Chris Steakhouse was booked. Thoroughly impressed! Great specials and incredible food overal. The pollo sambuca impressed me greatly. Would recommend over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!FoodloverDined on 4/14/2014I didn't even know this place existed. You wouldn't expect what appears to be a tiny hole in the wall to be so nice on the inside with a great waitstaff. The food is really good and the pasta is certainly al dente! Great place for couples, special occasions, or just a family night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.