234 Penn Ave.
Scranton, PA 18503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sambucagrillebar.com/
- Phone: (570) 961-5205
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call 570-961-5205 to inquire and ask for Benny
- Entertainment: Come and enjoy our Live Piano Singer every Friday and Saturday night
A word from Sambuca Grille
Sambuca Grille is an Italian restaurant located in Downtown Scranton.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sambuca Grille - Best Restaurants in Scranton ›
Sambuca Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (31)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (11)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fantastic dinnerMikiDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time at Sambuca Grille. The food was out of this world. The service we received could not have been better. Great place to go if you like wonderful food. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- WonderfulBellaDined on 11/1/2014The presentation of the food down to the personalized list of specials captures you and draws you in. The ambiance can tame the wildest animal. Feeling as though you are in a hypnotic state, their award winning chef sends his best plate yet. For a moment I thought I was in Bari Italy eating the best veal in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sambuca-ExcellentYummymonkeyDined on 10/18/2014The service was exceptional. The food was to die for. The piano player/singer was very good and took requests. The lighting was a little too dim, but otherwise an excellent evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner spotJJesDined on 10/18/2014My extended family and I (6 in all) dined at Sambuca and the experience was nothing short of lovely. The food was delicious (the cannoli was perfect), the wine was notable, and the service was outstanding. They take care in ensuring you have what you need and enjoy your meal. I highly suggest Sambuca and am looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian / Intimate SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/18/2014We dined at Sambuca for a small birthday dinner on an early Saturday evening in October 2014. When we arrived at 6:30, the restaurant was relatively empty but by 7:00, the dining room was approaching capacity. The wine (by the glass) list provided a wide selection at very reasonable prices. The dinner menu provided all of the usual Italian selections plus a few unique choices. We selected the fried calamari for the table (which was not outstanding, but not bad either) as an appetizer; it was just right for three people. We all had Caesar salads (nicely prepared and seasoned). The main plates were really great though - Pollo Dijon and Pork with Port Wine and Gorgonzola are highly recommended based on our experience! We'll visit again!Special Features:
- Another home runMPaulJCVIPDined on 10/16/2014They seem incapable of a bad night! I dined on the pasta special, rigatoni in a vodka-style sauce with sausage, broccoli, and proscuitto. A simple pasta dish... and I was in heaven. The staff are lovely, including a new addition at the bar. Attentive, professional, and friendly. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!LocaldinerDined on 10/14/2014We travelled from canada and found a true Gem in this restaurant! Awesome!Special Features:
- Great meal on SaturdayRickDined on 10/11/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Scranton! Great food and smooth service made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We loved the ambiance and food at Sambuca Grill. The service was also impeccable, and we enjoyed getting to know some of the family members who work there. The only reason I give it four stars is because they don't really have much to offer as far as wine is concerned. But the food was outstanding, and we'd definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Scranton dining experience!PepeDined on 10/10/2014We loved the warm and inviting atmosphere! The food and service was excellent and the piano player added entertainment to the dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Servicetable4ateDined on 9/27/2014Even when Open Table gave us only a choice of 8pm for a reservation, we called directly and the people at Sambucca went above and beyond arranging room for us at an earlier time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolynCarolynVIPDined on 9/20/2014Nicely greated by host table was ready especially being family weekend Owner was lovely and his son was the head waiter with attention to detail He knew what to do and not to do Food was delicious and we were not rushed which made it for a pleasant eveningSpecial Features:
- WonderfulCtmomDined on 9/19/2014We recently had dinner here while visiting our daughter at college. Everything was great from the atmosphere to the food and the very attentive staff that waited on us. We will definitely be back when we are in Scranton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to in ScrantonKWedDined on 9/19/2014I visit my daughter regularly as she is a student at the University of Scranton. Sambuca is our first and only choice for dinner. Their regular menu is exceptional and their specials are out of this world. The service is impeccable and the desserts are a must!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent . Staff was very friendly .. Would definitely go back again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- January49VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our favorite local spot especially on Sat when they have great entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SambucaMichaelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very good service with a very entertaining piano player. The food is always good.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Service, AmbianceAttorneyBrianDined on 9/11/2014I've been going to Sambuca Grille for many years. It is an excellent place to enjoy quiet conversation and/or meet for business. The wait staff are professional, attentive and considerate.Special Features:
- Felt like familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit. We were treated like we were long time friends and family. Service was impeccable. Waiter ver helpful and accommodating. Food was outstanding. We had the special braised beef ribs ind rigatoni. The beef melted in your mouth. We also had the salmon special and the salad special plus dessert and coffee and a few cocktails before and during dinner. We left with smiles on our faces and will de finely return. WowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise findGerriDined on 8/29/2014In Scranton only for weekend, was pleasantly suprised to find a great Italian resturant. Would definitly go back when in the area.Special Features:
- Never disappointsFirstClassDinerDined on 8/21/2014Fabulous food and Outstanding service!! This has become a favorite spot and and I have tried many items on the menu. I am never disappointed. The specials are so good, tonight I dd not even need to look at the menu.Special Features:
- Northern Italian in ScrantonMPaulJCVIPDined on 8/21/2014If you don't just want sauce thrown over noodles and tons of mozzarella cheese, come to this authentic Italian. Lovely wine choices and fantastic main plates. The chicken Dijon made me weak in the knees: tender cutlets pounded thin, lightly fried in an off-the-hook Dijon mustard with asparagus and pasta. I'd take this over Parmagiana or Veal Saltimbocca any day. EAT HERE!Special Features:
- January49VIPDined on 8/16/2014Always a winner. This is one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- relaxing moodFRANKDined on 8/15/2014It was a nice quiet evening with friends and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014We stumbled upon this gem for one of our recent date nights. It quickly became my favorite date restaurant. The service is exceptional, the piano player/singer charming, and the ambiance is perfect for a romantic evening. I look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- Quaint and Tasty!VickyXDined on 8/11/2014I had my first meal at Sambuca this week. The restaurant had a tremendous selection of specials... of which I chose three. A scallops appetizer... huge tender scallops in a delectable sauce. Next I had shrimp bisque. Fabulous flavor, lots of bits of shrimp and a creamy texture. My entrée was squid ink pasta in a delicate tomato-herb sauce with calamari and clams. Out of this world. I also had the Sambuca Salad... a nice garden salad. This was one of the best Italian meals I have had outside of NYC. This is about an hour's drive from my home, but worth every cent in gas I spent to get there! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Scranton FavoriteSauvblanc46Dined on 8/7/2014We don't live in the Scranton area but have had to pass through every month or so. We always try to have a dinner at Sambuca. The food is delicious, the staff courteous and attentive, and the atmosphere very pleasant. If you are traveling through on I-81 or another way, this is a great place to stop for dinner. There is parking right next to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Our favorite place !skizitsDined on 8/1/2014We really love going to Sambuca. It is a rare find in Scranton. The staff are excellent and very attentive. The owner is always welcoming and friendly. The food is superb! Very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- The following 129 reviews are from the Sambuca Grille reviews archive.
- As always greatBucaDined on 7/25/2014Second time visiting this restaurant and was as pleaed as when we first went there last year.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant In Scranton PAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Hands down the best dinning experience in the city. Must try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Date Dining!NervousFirstDateDined on 7/19/2014Perfect if you want to have a romantic date where you can hear each other speak. Everything about this place was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itMish24Dined on 7/14/2014My wife and I have now dined here 3 times. We absolutely love it. She gets the ravioli in the pink sauce and one of the salads, and I get the pollo sambuca. The sauces are fantastic! Staff are very polite and accomodating, and service is wonderful. Reminds us of restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific all the way aroundBobetteVIPDined on 7/12/2014I had been wanting to try Sambuca for a long time and am I ever glad I did. It was terrific all the way around. They had a wide variety of specials and quite a nice sized menu. My son said his swordfish was delicious as were his mussels appetizer. I ordered filet mignon and it was prepared exactly medium rare as I ordered. My husband had rack of lamb that he said was excellent and would order again. Service was timed perfectly and the atmosphere was very appealing. Definitely will be back. I'm so glad it's available on Open Table.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerJanuary49VIPDined on 6/28/2014My wife & I both selected special entries of the night . I had the Tuna & she had tha Chicken. Both were truly outstanding selections. Service was great. Wine service was right on. Piano music & great atmosphere made it a truly wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningBreeze153Dined on 6/28/2014Sambuca Grille was the highlight of our weekend in Scranton. Great service and piano player. The food was terrific. Comparable to any NYC restaurant. I would recommend reservations on Saturday night which we had. Plenty of parking and nice location, easy to find. Steam Town and the Mall a block away.Special Features:
- All about presentationElJay744Dined on 6/28/2014We all sampled each others' food. My sister and I had the shrimp stuffed ravioli special. It was very good, but there were only five small raviolis. My niece had the linguine with white clam sauce, which had no taste whatsoever. I think they forgot the garlic and ALL the seasoning. My mother had the ziti with vodka sauce, which was tasty. I can say the cannoli was really good. The price listing might be only $$, but for the quantity of food you receive, it's more like $$$. It is all about the presentation of the food rather than the quantity.Special Features:
- skizitsDined on 6/28/2014We always have a wonderful time at Sambuca. We have got to know the owner and staff and feel very comfortable. The wait staff are excellent.Special Features:
- ReviewTromaDined on 6/23/2014Our most recent trip to this restaurant was fantastic. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The only thing that I may gripe about was the size of our salads. A little on the small side, but it tasted fantastic. Aside from that everything was 5-star.Special Features:
- piano music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great singing piano player, but way too loud when combined with ambient sounds to allow for table conversation. I'll give it one more try before I take the otherwise great place off the map. Unamplified piano and no microphone would be ok.Special Features:
- mary ann pcapucciDined on 6/20/2014I took my boyfriend to Sambuca's for his birthday. He said he hadn't had linguine that good since he was a little boy when his grandmother made it many years ago!!! Every spoonful of the entire meal was a delight.Special Features: