7 Park St
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montclairsamba.com/
- Phone: 9737446764
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Samba
A blast of warmth hits you as soon as you enter Samba Montclair, a tiny Brazilian restaurant in the heart of Montclair. It’s a subtler, enveloping glow: the soothing Latin music, the weathered rustic décor, the low lighting, the young, easygoing staff. That, and the large chalkboard toward the back that offers up bits of homespun wisdom, like “The torch of love is lit in the kitchen.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Samba reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent Food!S5A0Dined on 12/31/2013Samba is a great neighborhood gem with outstanding food. The selections are unique and full of flavor. I would definitely recommend this place to others. We will be back. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience AgainElizabethVIPDined on 11/19/2013Samba is a great place! We always have a wonderful experience when dining there. The food is great and the staff is very helpful. Will definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- Always Fun!ilromano175VIPDined on 10/23/2013Excellent local restaurant offering fine quality food in nice portions at a fair price In pleasant room with attentive wait staff! Great value!Special Features:
- Excellent Value, Nice Foodilromano175VIPDined on 9/25/2013This very pleasant restaurant offers good food in abundant portions in a nice environment well served by an attractive and interested wait staff. Excellent value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoy SambaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2013We've been dining at Samba since the day it opened and love the fresh quality and the simple yet tasty food. On top of that, the prices are very reasonable, and the service is friendly and attentive. Highly recommend Samba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Neighborhood Restaurantilromano175VIPDined on 8/7/2013This very pleasant restaurant offers very good food in a most interesting ambience served by a young and attractive,attentive staff. Portions are generous and prices moderate. A very nice dining out experience!Special Features:
- Charming and Delicious!Tai16Dined on 7/3/2013This one is a hit! Without question. Great food, great service and a great atmosphere. It's very easy to miss since it's sandwiched in between other larger stores. Having lived in Montclair for the past 8 years, I had never been there before, but I'm so glad we discovered Samba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Food, Unique Ambienceilromano175VIPDined on 7/3/2013This very good Brazilian restaurant is truly a great addition to the Montclair dining scene too long dominated by Italian restaurants. The dining room is small,crowded but feels unique,authentic. Service is young, attentive,attractive. Prices are fair. A good deal and a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKKarenCDined on 6/13/2013Very nice & intimate restaurant. Wanted to try this restaurant for a while & could not get reservations on a weekend. Had a visitor from out of town so decided to try during the week. Ordered the steak & eggs - steak was chewy & eggs overdone. Other guests had similar issues but person who ordered salmon stated it was delicious. Too bad the rest of us were not thrilled. Unfortunately will not be going back - too many other delicious choices in Montclair.
- A great findflowermomDined on 5/15/2013When you're ready for a special restaurant to have a simply prepared and different meal - this is your place. If you didn't know where it was you would almost walk right by it - although - when you come in you feel as though you walked in to someone's home. Your treated with a smile and friendly service. Again, the food is simple and delicious. I've enjoyed my meal everytime I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.