Samba Taste of Brazil
922 Main Street
Hopkins, MN 55343Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: $30 and under
Samba Taste of Brazil
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sambatasteofbrazil.com/
- Phone: 9529352708
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Gabe Pantano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings , family or office parties from 20 to 200 people, catering only the food or also available serving.
- Private Party Facilities: We can close part or full facility to accommodate up to 70 peoples seated or 150 stand , buffet or a la carte .
- Private Party Contact: Joe or Gabe 9529352708
- Entertainment: Live Music Fridays and Saturdays .
A word from Samba Taste of Brazil
Enjoy the flavor of Brazil in a large variety of dishes with Brazilian and its European / African / Mediterranean cuisine influences : Picanha , Churrasco, Feijoada ( black beans stew ) Moqueca ( shrimp , fish or veggies with coconut milk and palm oil ) Seafood, Pastas, Risottos , Salads , Paellas and much more. Lots of options of Low Carbs , Low Calories , Veggies , Gluten Free . Live Music Fridays and Saturdays . Cozy place for a date and family or office parties!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Samba Taste of Brazil - Best Restaurants in Hopkins ›
Samba Taste of Brazil reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Ótimo!!tummytalksDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful service, food, and atmosphere. Voltarei em breve!Special Features:
- Pretty good authentic foodEatwellDined on 8/8/2014Overall, I thought the food was very good, and my wife and I will definitely return, so we can try more of the menu. Service was spotty on the night we were there, which was odd, since it wasn't very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic BrazilianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Hard to find such an authentic restaurant in the Twin Cities. Forget about thos national chain glutonous Brazilan chains. Find your way to this unassuming little place in Downtown Hopkins. The owner greets you and checks in during your meal. It is his family recipes you dine on. Entrees, Bobo', and feijoada. All were spectaular. Be sure someone in your group orders the feijoada. this is a hearty black bean and assorted port meat stew serve hot in a crop. The accompaniments make the dish complete. Farofa, collard green shread like a salad, tomaotoes and onionas and white rice.Special Features:
- Love this place.PopeyeVIPDined on 8/1/2014Casual place with great food and a charming owner. Love it!Special Features:
- Cute and UnassumingbunnymommyDined on 7/27/2014With so many haughty restaurants popping up in the Twin Cities, its nice to find a place that is quaint and unassuming. Food was great and service was very sweet.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodTwoToneTonyDined on 7/27/2014The food was great! The service was great. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great FindzmanDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful place for authentic Brazilian food. A great little unassuming neighborhood dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasent surprise....Surprise2014Dined on 7/25/2014This restaurant came as a pleasent surprise! It was located further then we expected, but worth the drive. The owner waited on us personally and was knowledgable about his food. The place is small and speed is not paramount, but wrapped all together it is a Hidden Gem that would satisfy any food enthusiast...Special Features:
- I love the food!KathyDined on 7/25/2014The food is terrific and I love the peaceful dining area. If you are in a hurry, I recommend this is not the place to dine at. Our waiter was the host, bust boy and our server. There are only a few servers, but the wait is worth waiting for the excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!RegularDined on 7/25/2014Ordered several dishes and shared-perfect!! The server made great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resaurant WeekyummyDined on 7/23/2014Solid homemade food with decent portions at a reasonable price. We got the $15 pork meal and the $30 shrimp meal restaurant week deals. Both were delicious. Our server was friendly and we had a nice time. The passionfruit mousse was yummy.
- Good food, great customer serviceAnniversaryDined on 7/21/2014If you want to have a home-made food in a very reasonable price, and plus has a waitress who smiles and is courteous , then you should go to Zamba and experienced a touch of brazil just here in Twin Cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in HopkinsVanDanDined on 7/19/2014Warm welcome by the owner and staff as well as very good service. Traditional dishes with manioc and rice were excellent. Flan was superb. Weak but Ok wine list. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and great flavorSlcslpDined on 7/15/2014We had a small group celebratory dinner at Samba. It was quiet and comfortable. Our waiter was tremendously helpful and made great suggestions. The dishes were very flavorful. It was a later meal, about 8:00, and they were out of a few things, but it was quiet and we had the waiter's full attention. Save room for fried bananas and icecream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the FoodluvfoodDined on 7/12/2014The food was great... we had the BoBo and the Jaba entrees and both were really great. Jaba is a Dry Beef entree... the entire dish was fantastic - a must try. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Went for early dinner. Never having been before we sampled several of the appetizers....all wonderful with a taste that's unique in the Twin Cities area. Our waitperson was excellent, allowing us ample time to dine (not just eat) and he was a wealth of suggestions as to what we might try. Don't miss the Saki Mojitos... they're the perfect cocktail for summer! We'll be back for sure...there's so much more to try..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch time treatFast351sgrlDined on 6/19/2014We drive out from Wayzata for a fun lunch once in a while. Why this isn't more busy at lunch time is beyond our imagination as the prices are great, the service is attentive and the food is really good. Soooo worth the drive and if you work/live close, it should be a must!Special Features:
- The following 256 reviews are from the Samba Taste of Brazil reviews archive.
- Delicious food and good serviceHappydinerVIPDined on 5/12/2014We had the Paella which was very flavorful with fresh tasting seafood and I love the Mariscos (seafood in a crock with garlic and white wine) which is actually an appetizer so asked for a side of pappardelle with it. They ended up going the extra mile and making it into an entre with the pasta for me and it was fantastic! The homemade Flan for dessert was excellent. They also have some very good wine choices. If you want some delicious, full flavored fresh food with good service and pleasant atmosphere, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Brazilian CuisineLakeCalhounAlDined on 5/4/2014Great personal service and authentic Brazilian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-standard food and serviceLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 5/1/2014This is one of those restaurants where you wonder what's the point. The menu descriptions (e.g. "pieces of meat with .....") is just as unappetizing as the actual entrees themselves. The cooks in the kitchen obviously don't have any culinary skills and the service is frustrating. The best way to describe this place is a restaurant that gives Brazilian food a really bad name. It can't be that bad in Brazil! As with most restaurants in MN, there aren't very good representations of what really good food is from other countries. Unfortunately the locals don't know any better.
- Gluten Free & SangariaSangariaYesPleaseDined on 4/25/2014I was surprised by the amount of items on their menu that were Gluten Free. My Mom recently went Gluten free and am always on the lookout for her. Personally I love the red sangaria! Can not beat it!Special Features:
- A dining experienceJandJDined on 4/23/2014We loved eating at Samba! We have not experienced Brazilian food so asked the waiter for help. He was delightful! We had amazing, delicious food and will definitely go back for more. The fried yucca was a treat! Dessert was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, authentic restaurant!Bryan1821Dined on 4/13/2014First time at Samba was a great experience! Service was friendly and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014The food was excellent and offered a great selection. We loved it and will return. However, as gracious as the servers were, it has got to be among slowest we have experienced.Special Features:
- Unique Neighborhood GemKarenSDined on 3/26/2014Great food and friendly staff! We went on a week night, which was very quiet. The menu is huge and I need to go back soon to try more items. Loved that gluten free items where clearly marked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always - try thetmkcDined on 3/8/2014Great as always - try the toffee cake - hot and amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night in frozen tundraLatinVIPDined on 3/1/2014Stumbled upon this restaurant. Have been to Brazil, have friends in Brazil. The food authentic, great taste, service excellent, really a very enjoyable night out! Would highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fooditalircanDined on 2/28/2014If you are looking for some great Brazilian and Latino food, this is one of the best options in the Twin city area! Server was friendly and respectful, and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitdjs0404Dined on 2/28/2014We decided to try Samba as part of Restaurant Week. The dinner choices were great, and ample. Good flavors - the lobster bisque was excellent. Our one negative was that the menu stated that the entree had "crab," when in fact it was "sea legs." We provided that feedback, and it was received graciously, which was nice. We did make sure that we qualified it with the fact that the dish was wonderful - just seeking truth in advertising. All in all, a great meal and restaurant and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not as good as IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014Food was not as good as I thought that it would be. They use imitated crabs rather than real crabs. That is not consider as seafood for me.Special Features:
- Brazil in Hopkins MN??veracruiserVIPDined on 2/26/2014Brazilian restaurants in MN are about as scarce as 40+ temps in winter, and the few available are churrascarias -- nice, but not feijoadas, etc. Samba appeared 4 years ago, complete with feijoadas and Brazilian beer (some good wines, too). The food is great -- cod and shrimp in particular, the service is excellent (thank you, Victor!), prices are reasonable, and it's very family-friendly,so if the trek to Hopkins might seem a bit long for some diners, they'll be well rewarded. We certainly were!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great! It's nicesaraDined on 2/26/2014The food was great! It's nice to try something different. My cousin tried their passion fruit and guava juice and it was delicious! There was a small store that sold some of the foods that are home to Brazil so we stopped there on our way our and picked up a couple things to try at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minneapolis Restaurant WeekOmahaDined on 2/26/2014I tried this restaurant just to see what the menu held. The collard greens were garlicky but oily too. Not sure if I ate the meal correctly as the plate was set in front of me with no expiation since everything was separated.Special Features:
- Samba will transport you to Brazil!jRoyDined on 2/21/2014Fantastic experience. We had a visiting Brazillian student with us who said the food made him feel like he was back home. Joe and his family welcomed us like we were visitors into their home. The food bursts with flavor and freshness. Our four boys (including one very picky eater) loved everything, asked when we could go back (before we were even finished) and were still talking about the food the next morning! In fact, we picked up a few items at Sambas in store market to continue the taste of Brazil at home. We will be back and we have been recommended Samba to friends and via social media.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines date...KatelynDined on 2/14/2014I brought my boyfriend here for valentines day dinner, as we wanted to break out of our "bubble" and try something new. The food was amazing!! Prices were a little high at first, but you get a lot of food for the money. Great wine selection as well, and it was the best steak I've had in a long time. By boyfriend had the sausage and shrimp paella and absolutely loved it, and he doesn't usually go nuts about food... So that's a good sign. The service was a little slow at first, if we wouldn't have ordered an appetizer or wine, it probably would have seemed longer. They were busy with valentines day I suppose, but it was definitely worth the wait. Very cool atmosphere as well, will absolutely go again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown HopkinsJulioDined on 2/14/2014Samba Taste of Brazil is a perfectly fine restaurant that's perfectly for dining before or after seeing a movie or play in downtown Hopkins.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as portrayed....BWallyDined on 2/14/2014This was one of the weirdest dining experiences of my life. Our waiter took forever to even come to our table and it wasn't even close to busy in there. Throughout the night he kept apologizing every time he came to the table to refill one of our drinks or take a plate away. He was saying sorry and excuse me over and over for absolutely no reason at all! It was so weird! As for the food, it was marginal. Some of it was good, some not so good. I may give it another chance but I might wait a while.
- Amazing Valentine's Day!travelatorDined on 2/14/2014We had a great time. The service was amazing. Our waiter was very friendly! We ordered the Tropical Salad. I don't like fruit with meat normally but it was delicious. My Moqueca was so flavorful! My husband got the Feijoada. He loved it. I didn't care for the extreme taste of the sausage in it. We got bananas and icecream for dessert. The icrecream was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dedicated Family OwnershipSuperiorShoresDined on 2/14/2014We made the reservations for Valentine's Day as we like trying new places based upon reviews. We were blessed with the opportunity to meet the owner and his son and to learn about their time in the United States. Somehow you can always sense when people are genuine and these two definitely are. With the bare floors and lack of noise dampening features, the restaurant did get a little loud although not full. The tables are nothing to write home about and some updating, especially to the wire grated tables are highly recommended.. The menu is extensive but there was definitely a need for more seasoning. Unfortunately our food was delivered barely warm. I'd give the restaurant another try if in the area.Special Features:
- Brazilian, but approachableMarkDined on 2/14/2014Unique and friendly restaurant. It is not Fogo de Chao (thank goodness because Fogo is obscene on many levels including price and quantity). It's foreign dining without being overly-pretentious. The Lobster bisque is to die for. Palm salad is great, but ask them to back off on the vinaigrette . Gluten Free options to finally satisfy people with Celiac Disease. They were kid friendly and had menu choices, but only for children/parents who are reasonably patient - it isn't McDonald's. My 3 children loved the experience. One ate Brazilian style, one ate an excellent hamburger (yes, Brazilians know beef and the bun/prep was perfect) and one ate Mac&Cheese. The restaurant was familiar, yet the warmth of Brazil was felt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.