Samba Brazilian Steakhouse
207 North Harbor Drive
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sambaredondo.com/
- Phone: 3103743411
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday - 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Want to share the Samba experience on a grander scale? Our banquet facility, with sweeping views of the water, can host your event, large or small, in unforgettable fashion.
- Private Party Contact: Ewelina Kosik 3103743411
- Entertainment: SAMBA BRAZILIAN DANCERS: Come every Friday and Saturday night to see our Beautiful and Entertaining dancers perform traditional Samba while you enjoy great Brazilian food by the Ocean.
A word from Samba Brazilian Steakhouse
From the moment you walk into Samba, you know for sure this isn't your father’s steakhouse! A dizzying array of sizzling, fire-roasted meats, ranging from Picanha (Brazilian beef sirloin) and tender pork loin, to savory sausages, chicken and lamb, are skewered, slowly roasted over an open flame and then expertly carved right at your table. And as if that wasn’t enough, the mouthwatering churrascaria feast won’t stop until you say so! We pair our succulent meats with an extensive buffet featuring salads, soups, and freshly prepared hot and cold side dishes. Churrascaria roughly translates from the Portuguese word for barbecue, and is a centuries old culinary tradition. At Samba, we honor the traditional rodi ⁄zio feast, while infusing it with new and unexpected tastes inspired by the pulse and energy of Brazilian culture. Our newly renovated space, perched on the edge of the ocean, is the perfect backdrop to our fabulous foods and inventive cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (206)good for groups (163)special occasion (149)fit for foodies (91)romantic (74)great for brunch (61)kid-friendly (47)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (28)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (22)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (1)Show More
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This type of food was out of my norm...loved the quality meats, appreciated the variety of salad...the waiters were all in good shape, tge scene was classy the window view was nice on the eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't return againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Disappointing reasons 1)no birthday service UNLESS One PURCHASED A DESSERT - even though the reservation stated birthday 2) drinks $11.20 for two juices; $11 for weak mixed Caipirinha 3) ad in website; “Indulge in the gaucho feast with beef, shrimp, pork, lamb, poultry and fish, carved tableside, plus an all-you-can-eat salad bar,” but shrimp is not included in Gaucho Feast; must buy shrimp entrée for additional cost 4) only one entrée of fish (sole) in Gaucho Feast 5) Fillet mignon was tough, over cooked and served once. Lamb was tough/chewy. 6) MANDATORY 18% service charge for two people. 7) Inquiry about the parking validation - was told to get it validated myself at the front desk after I paid for the mandatory 18% tip! Ouch.Special Features:
- Meat with a ViewKevinDDined on 9/21/2014For once you don't feel like you're paying extra for the view. It's a great view of the entrance to the harbor, from pretty much every table since they're terraced. Modern, all hard surfaces, music can be a little loud, especially when the dancers come through, but thus there's no problem with kids making a little noise. Good selection of sides, and the meat was definitely above average for a churrascaria - it was a slow, early time yet none of the meats were overdone. I didn't feel like the chicken and sausage were being pushed over the more expensive cuts, I think the picanha actually came around most often. Fish (non-specific) and lamb were surprises, and the pork tenderloin was not at all dry. So great job, guys, and a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The servers are top notchStevenjanDined on 9/21/2014The food is always good here. The servers stand out. They were always coming around with skewers of meat/fish/etc. chimichurri is delicious. Terrific place for a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the hype.keepingitreal4foodDined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere was nice, very energetic, and the dancing girls added a different touch. The food was nothing to brag about out. The server told me and my dinner guest that they offer fourteen different types of meat; I counted seven and several repeats. The beef although savory was tough, the swordfish was unrecognizable, the only goods were the sausage and the chicken. I went in with an open mind and was ready for some really good food. The salad bar was slightly above average. It was my first time there and we weren't offered other choices bedsides the all-you-can eat deal. I know there were other choices on the menu.Special Features:
- sherryDined on 9/19/2014at the time i made the reservation on line, i mentioned that we will need room for my baby's stroller, but they didn't let us take it in because as they said there was no room, if it was a busy night i would totally understand, but when walked in we saw almost half of the tables empty, they could easily give us a table with enough room for the stroller so it made it easier for us and we would enjoy our dinner much more, plus again at such a slow night, they didn't let our friends, who got there before us, sit in our reserved place. im writing this comment only for their customer service to improve.( we were happy with our waiter)
- SambasDined on 9/14/2014The service was excellent, very professional and pleasant. Nice atmosphere, beautiful view and good food. Need to ensure that all items in the salad bar area are marked so patrons know what they are trying and maybe add a few mor items if possible, otherwise loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brazilian SteakhouseTXFoodie27Dined on 9/14/2014I was in town visiting and wanted to try some place with good reviews. Samba happened to have a groupon deal for a great price and great reviews to go along. They required a reservation, however the times were flexible. They validate parking which is great, but there is still a $2 parking fee upon exit even with validation. The food was great, however I'm assuming due to brunch time and limited staffing, the service with the variation of meat was slow. The salad bar was good, as well as the omelette station. Overall I would return as long as there was another special, not sure the regular price compares to the amount of food received during my visit. Great service, good food, and live entertainment! Beautiful Scenary!!Special Features:
- DeliciousDeliciousDined on 9/12/2014Good service, Great atmosphere deferentially will go back many more timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ckckckDined on 9/12/2014Was looking forward to talking my Husband out for our anniversary. When we arrived to Samba's at 6:00 on a Friday night we were very excited. Being on the beach with huge bay windows throughout, was a beautiful site but the problem was the air conditioning was not working and it was very, very hot inside. Almost unbearable. We ate as fast as we could, to get out of there.Special Features:
- IT WAS OKNOGOODDined on 9/7/2014M-Grill on Wilshire is 100% better. I guess I'm just spoiled. Unfortunately, I have another voucher to use, b/c a realitive could not make it. The sides were horrible & the meat were less than prime. I only made one trip to side bar, becasue it was not enough variety and was not appetizing at all. I could say, the fish was ok, but they only came around once in the 1.5 hours we were there. Oh, and $11 for a drink that was less than perfect....RIDICULOUS! (some kind of Mango Capi drink) I really should have sent it back, but oh well..let's say I did not finish it. I just may have to pass that extra voucher to someone who I don't like. :). I would not recommend this restauant to ANYONE. Glad I had a voucher from Groupon.
- Not Worth ItmmmmDined on 9/7/2014I bought a groupon for a group of 4 and went to the Redondo Beach location. I was surprised to receive a bill at the end. They charged us half of what I bought the groupon for in taxes and gratuity (Most groupons cover taxes). We went for brunch and despite being able to drink unlimited mimosas, champagne, or sangria it was NOT worth the price. The sangria was not sangria. It just tasted like a sugary juice and all the drinks get served out of a pitcher (even the champagne). The salad bar is small and you have very few options for sides. The meat was the only decent thing. The ambiance sucked as well, they had a guy playing the guitar and singing pop songs. This is supposed to be a Brazilian restaurant! Where is my Brazilian experience?Special Features:
- Love this place!FoodJunkie37Dined on 9/4/2014I had never heard of this place before until I received a deal from Amazon local deals. I'd eaten this type of cuisine before. So, I figured I'd purchase the deal through Amazon and try this place. Well, I was not disappointed at all. The food was great and the service was also. And to top it off I got a show with my dinner...two dancers dressed like they were at "Carnival" in Brazil. Love this place and I will be going back. By the way, make sure you have some of the pork tenderloin...the flavor is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cynhenDined on 9/3/2014Excellent service, excellent food. I took my family here for a birthday celebration and it was our first time going. The food was beyond belief, the service was outstanding and we all enjoyed it immensely. The only bad thing is that they did not have the shrimp on the night we attended which was disappointing. Other than that, it was superb.Special Features:
- Wonderful treat!jakekittyDined on 9/3/2014Even though it was a rather long drive out from south OC, we still found it completely worth the effort! The service was impeccable and the food consistently delightful. Surprisingly, my favorite ended up being the pork ribs, not usually something I would say it my favorite but theirs were just absolutely phenomenal. Definitely recommend it :)Special Features:
- Dining Area Was Too WarmALH70Dined on 8/31/2014The food, service and ambiance was outstanding. However, the warm temperature definitely took away from the overall dining experience. My whole party was sweating profusely. They need ceiling fans, IMMEDIATELY, to keep the temperature down during daylight hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very HOT Need to fix ACmeatloversDined on 8/30/2014I was there with my Girl friend taking her some good food and cocktails As we got there there was Samba dancers as we set down and got our salad we started sweating it was so hot that I lost my appitite I told the servers that please low the AC but they said they were. If I'm paying over $100 I would expect little better please fix your AC!!!!!Special Features:
- First time experiencepash946Dined on 8/30/2014I heard about samba through a friend.Great place love the food and the view, only wish it was clear when the show starts I miss half the show. Would love to return for the full show one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT PLACE TO EATRUBYDined on 8/29/2014THE SAMBA BRAZILIAN STEAKEHOUSE IS A GREAT PLACE TO BRING YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING VERY NICE PEOPLE I LOVE GOING THERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samba -no air :(OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Air conditioning did not work. Too hot!!!! Uncomfortable - sweating through the entire meal. Little meat variety.Special Features:
- Like Experiencing Mardi Gras!MarsBarDined on 8/28/2014I had a great time taking a friend who's never been there! He was shocked with the food and the service, and was in awe when the music started and the dancers came out! The look of shock and excitement on his face was hilarious! The waitress was very nice and the atmosphere was excellent. I was pleased as I usually am.Special Features:
- Different dining experienceDakinDined on 8/24/2014Our view was great! The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. The meat was good, but not melt in your mouth, and a bit salty for me. Salad bar had a large variety and was well maintained. Quality was OK. I would go back when I need a meat fix, but the location isn't close to my area.Special Features:
- Not worth the effort.Eas23Dined on 8/24/2014The food was both over cooked and over salted. Compared to other such steakhouses this was a poor experience and can not be recommended.
- Amazing food and service.QueliDined on 8/24/2014We all enjoyed the good and service. Had an excellent service from our waiter. Would definitely recommend and come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice enoughFredBDined on 8/23/2014A friend sent me a group-on for Samba so I figured I'd try it. Had it not been for the view and the samba dancers, they would have gotten a lower score. The food selection was ok but limited. I guess I've just been spoiled by what I've had at M Grill in LA. There is a reason most of these reviews mention GROUP ON. If I'd had to pay full price for this, I would have been VERY disappointed.Special Features:
- Never disappointslove2feelspecialDined on 8/23/2014Samba, the all-time favorite of my foodie family of 6. Unending delectable meats carved table-side until your stomach begs your to stop, although the eyes know what is store. Savory, flavorful beef, chicken, and fish roasted to perfection. A bar of sides with fresh salads, rices, main dishes, and home-made bread. There is something for everyone here. We go several times a year. It's the one restaurant everyone agrees upon! Friendly smiles, good music, and entertainment. Only Brazil itself could offer more….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SambaManhattanbeach18thDined on 8/22/2014The service was great, plus they have an amazing salad bar set up. The New York steak was the best of the beef. The servers were courteous and on top of things. The view is Outstanding!!,Special Features:
- The experience was exceptional!MarsBarDined on 8/21/2014I took my friend for her birthday and she was in awe from start to finish! When the dancers came out it was very unique for her and she was amazed! I have been here before so I already knew she would be overjoyed. As usual Samba did not falter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & friendly staffluv2eatDined on 8/20/2014The ambiance was nice with picturesque views. The salad bar had a variety of tasty choices and the meat had the right amount of seasoning. The wait staff was extremely nice and the drinks tasty. I used a Groupon but would go back without one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewMeatloverDined on 8/19/2014Took some friends this time and sat by the window. Salad bar was alright but meat was delicious. We will go back for sure. Great food, great view and good drinks.Special Features:
- time2enjoyDined on 8/17/2014Samba Brazilian Steakhouse in Redondo Beach is a great place to go for a dinner. The choices of the endless offerings of bbq meats and poultry are delicious. Add to that a fantastic salad bar and you have a meal that will leave you smiling. Being right at the ocean it offers a great scenic view while dining.Special Features:
- Yummy!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014I didn't realize that I could be such a carnivore!!! The meat was so incredibly tasty!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribleTreneseDined on 8/17/2014Went there for my birthday. It was awful. The sides were terrible. The service was poor. Music was way too loud. Never going again. Not worth the money.
- Great place!AlegirlDined on 8/17/2014Great food, view, service, great place. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is OK, but stay for the viewSirBobtheFobDined on 8/16/2014This was my first visit to Samba with my fiancee. The buffet food was actually pretty good, but you don't go to a Brazilian churrascaria for the buffet food, you come for the meat. Unfortunately, the BBQ selection, while decent, was all incredibly salty. The saltiest thing I ate all night though was the soup that was available in the buffet line. Being located right by the water does offer a great view though, especially while the sun is setting. Definitely a great place for special occasions and large groups.Special Features:
- Nice view, not much more!luv2eatDined on 8/16/2014The food was almost ok. Meat was often tough. Couldn't get over the dirty beer pub smell. Tables were messy due to the enamel, table mats could help! Bathrooms need serious attention. We were charged an automatic 18% gratuity, table of 4. They could upgrade Pandora so there are no advertisements.Would not recommend!Special Features:
- SambaThirstyDined on 8/16/2014Food very good, service was worse I,ve ever had in all my dining experiences. Reservations at 5:30. We're seated right away on south side by windows, great table. Sat there for 10 minutes without anyone asking for drinks or even bringing a water. Flagged down a busboy and asked if he could get water, nothing. 5 more minutes got a waitress attention asked for water at least. 5 more and still nothing, after 20 minutes I walked back to hostes desk, there were 3people ther. Asked for someone to get us water and a drink order. She just said she would find a manager. Told her did not want manager just wanted a glass of water. After 25 minutes of just sitting finally got a glass of water.Special Features:
- Awesome experianceBellcorpseDined on 8/15/2014Went there with my gf as her bday gift and it was worth it left stuffed!! Lol great drinks and samba dancers!!! Will be going again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had eaten here before, and it was such a delicious and different eating experience, that I told my husband that I would bring him back for his birthday. We invited another couple and we had a blast! The Samba dancers made it an over-the-top experience. James' birthday celebration could not have been better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of the food and service ...pattyDined on 8/15/2014I like everything , the food is very good and the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.