Samba Brazilian Steakhouse - The Mirage
3400 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Mirage Hotel & Casino
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse - The Mirage
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mirage.com/restaurants/samba-brazilian-steakhouse.aspx
- Phone: (866) 339-4566x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday – Saturday 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David (Jose) Quintanilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Rodizio is the ultimate all-you-can-eat barbecue, offering unlimited portions of marinated meats and poultry slowly roasted over a Brazilian rotisserie.These items are served with traditional sides including black beans and rice, sweet fried plantains, farofa carrots, and a bottomless "Samba Salad."
- Private Party Contact: Group Concierge (702) 791-7577x
A word from Samba Brazilian Steakhouse - The Mirage
Brazilian-style barbecue is a carnivore’s dream. Assorted unlimited marinated meats travel on skewers straight to your plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse - The Mirage reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (21)romantic (12)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Better Brazilian Steakhouses in LVLasVegasGinoDined on 8/26/2014The beef was tough ... The lamb and sausage were good ... No filet a major disappointment. The side dishes were very good ... no salad bar a minus ... service was excellant; attentive, fast and courteous. The dining area not enclosed by walls .. located in the middle of a noisy casino atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food but not a large selectionjaden11Dined on 8/22/2014Decided to try Samba during Restaurant Week, because the price was discounted. I've heard mixed reviews from friends and didn't hear enough good to want to pay full price. Honestly, I enjoyed the side dishes more than the meats. There was no salad/appetizer bar; a salad and three refillable sides were brought to the table. The servers were excellent, but the hostess stomping around snapping at them that she needed more tables was a bit much. The restaurant doesn't have real walls, so you're fully aware that you're eating in a casino, practically seated on the casino floor itself. I've been to better Brazilian steakhouses, but if you're in the Mirage and want a pretty good meal with a lot of meat, go to Samba.
- Not like othersSandmanDined on 8/20/2014There is no ambience at all, food was below par and we had to wait for the meat to come by even though the restaurant was less than half full. Went with co workers and we could at least hear each other, but would not take my wife.Special Features:
- great night outlovetoeatoutDined on 8/12/2014It was our first time.Service was great, the various types of meats was unique . Didn't care for the sausage or lamb but the chicken, steaks and turkey were tender and seasoned perfectly .The fresh vegetable medley, especially the kale was excellent. The salad was also fresh and very tasteful. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samba Brazilian SteakhouseOut4DinnerDined on 8/12/2014I have loved dining at this restaurant for at least 3-4 years. I was disappointed that they decided to change the menu during the past year. There used to be more types of sauces offered to diners for a number of dinners provided. Now there is only one sauce provided for Chicken or Steak dinners. In addition, the Ribeye steak which had been ordered was tough to cut and chew. It was ordered at Medium. In fairness, our waiter deducted 20% for this and stated that we should have advised him of this problem earlier. And, I agree with him on that.Special Features:
- Failed to ImpresspiqpstDined on 8/1/2014The evening began poorly almost immediately as we waited quite long to get any service. Upon ordering drinks we again had to wait. Still hoping for the best we ordered the "meat experience". Both my wife and I have been to many of these types of Brazilian restaurants, and we have always enjoyed the food. Samba failed to deliver. None of the meats were good. Either too salty or too dry or too greasy. After one round of all the meats, we had to call it quits as there was nothing else we wanted to have seconds of. This could be a great place to eat but the food was awful and the service needs help.
- GoodBaileyDined on 8/1/2014Some of the other well known are better but this was good for a 21st birthday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected.BigDanDined on 7/30/2014I had eaten in Braszillion steak houses elsewhere and they were much better in the food offering, taste and all offered an all you can eat salad bar. The servers were good but for cost overall and what we got, I would not return.Special Features:
- Service unworthy of Vegas standardsKlweeksDined on 7/28/2014We had the rodizio, billed as "unlimited." The best was pork with pineapple but when we asked for more our server looked disgusted and told us we'd already tried everything, as if asking for seconds was a grievous sin. Thus, the problem. Our server had no idea what the word "service" actually means. She waited over twenty minutes to take our order while we watched the next table eat. When I waved her over, she said they were very busy (not visibly) and asked whether we wanted to speak to the manager. I got the impression this happens frequently with her. We said no, we just wanted to order. The actual meat servers where great. After dinner, she offered us free dessert but then took so long to bring it we just paid the check and left.Special Features:
- Not authentic brazilian foodGabfitDined on 7/28/2014As a brazilian I must say that the food at samba wasn't really authentic. But it did taste good. The service was friendly and the ambience reminded me of salvador dalis works... But this is not typical brazilian either. So if you don't know how a brazilian rodizio really looks like, you'll have a great dinner at samba. Otherwise I'm afraid you'll leave the restaurant pretty disapointed.Special Features:
- Should have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Perhaps because I have been spoiled by visiting Texas de Brazil in my hometown, the experience at Samba was VERY disappointing and overrated. Chicken was dry and over-cooked. Beef (3 types, I think !!!) tasted the same. Salad not very good.
- Sadly disappointed in SambaEmilyDined on 7/27/2014I was sadly disappointed in my recent visit to Samba Brazilian Steakhouse at The Mirage. Our servicer was functional. He did his job but I felt that he was bored and not really interested in his work. The server bringing the meat to our table was very good, but I did overhear other meat servers telling him not to bring meat to our table so often. We paid for a rodizio meal, that's all you can eat. Don't be so obvious if you're going to be skimpy on the food. And as for the food, it was good, but I've been to many much better Brazilian steakhouses. Nothing was extraordinary. The atmosphere is bright, small and right off of the casino floor so it was quite noisy. I will not be returning.
- Great placeGreatfoodDined on 7/25/2014We really enjoyed it! Great food and service! The chimmichurri was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best Brazillian Steakhouse.BritDined on 7/22/2014We have been to 2 other Brazillian Steakhouses. Both were better. The service was friendly but slow and forgetful. The green chutney at the table and delicious, I asked for a big bowl of it to but on everything. We had a discount through the hotel. If I woulf have paid full price, I would have been more disappointed.Special Features:
- SAMBAHappyGirlDined on 7/21/2014The food and ambiance were fabulous. The waitstaff looked professional and were knowledgeable and friendly. Would love to go back if ever in Vegas againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experience!ShaunchoDined on 7/20/2014We had a great meal at Samba! We went a little early so it wasn't as busy as it probably can get but the ambiance was bright and festive and seemed like it could have a very energetic vibe when full as it has an open view of the casino floor. The Rodizio meal is an awesome deal! The meats were delicious and the rare cuts we got were cooked perfectly. Side of rice and beans along with some plantains were AWESOME! The rice and beans had a very nice subtle flavor which pairs with the meats perfectly. The plantains may be a little on the sweet side for some but I really liked them a lot. The chimichurri sauce is absolutely delicious however it has a VERY powerful flavor. Not to say that's a bad thing, just use it sparingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brazilian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Good food the salad could be a lot better, it was annoying to have to ask another waiter to find our waiter, but my group manged to keep it fun.
- Cool ConceptJTMoney74Dined on 7/16/2014The food and flavors at Samba were delicious. Servers bring various cuts of meat and carve right at your table...awesome. Come with a healthy appetite and a real penchant for garlic as there is an abundance of it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We really enjoyed our meal the food and service were fantastic had we not had show reservations i think we could have ate for another hour!!Special Features:
- DONT WASTE YOUR MONEYDISAPPOINTEDDined on 7/12/2014If you are expecting a Brazilian steakhouse experience be warned Samba is nothing close to a Texas de Brazil. To start other places they have a full salad bar. At Samba they had mere little salad tossed by the waiter and rationed to the customers at the waiters issue. After acting like ordering meat while we ate the rabbit salad was a crime, the meat came out sparingly. To top it off we had one lady guest with us that did not get the supposed all you can eat and they watched her like a hawk unnervingly to see if she would sample any meat and even took her dinner plate away when it looked like she might. Did I say all you can eat? They have to be kidding! After hardly seeing a meat server our waiter came around and said we were done.
- If hungry, worth a tryPaulVIPDined on 7/11/2014Very noisy environment in the middle of the casino. The selection of meats was good and they were mostly tasty. A bit pricy unless you are hungry and can put down a lot of food. Service was good.
- SammmmmbaChunkyMunkyDined on 7/6/2014This is our 3rd time coming to Samba Las Vegas and we can never get enough. It is a bit pricey but so worth it! Especially when you have the all you can eat. Food is delicious and the atmosphere is nice. It is inside the casino so if you get seated on the outside you can see everyone out on the floor. We tried the Samba at Universal Citiwalk but can't hold a light to this location. We try to reserve every time we are in Vegas! Definitely our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Noisy and averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I thought the food at the Samba was okay but not really that special. The side dishes were fine, the meat was okay but the service was good. A rather noisy party of young people came up to the small bar next to our table and made it almost impossible to talk. One of my party complained about it and after about 15 minutes security was called and the people left. It could have been handled better. For the price charged, I would hope for a better experience. I had no problem with the waiter staff however, and the servers, they were helpful and did a good job.Special Features:
- Not so amazingGusAndJackieDined on 6/21/2014We had the all you can eat, but the food stopped after the first round. instead of continuously coming with more meats, they ask you if there was something you'd like to try again. I felt like they were not very friendly at the requests either. I asked for more veggies, and they brought them about 10 minutes later.... food in general was slow to arrive. I've been to much cheaper much better brazilian restaurants. Seems like there is a lot better way to spend 55 bucks per person on dinner in VegasSpecial Features:
- Great for meat loversMIKEYUPSDined on 6/16/2014This was the second time I came to the restaurant and once again I cannot complain. The food was great and the service was even better. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and especially to meat lovers. The signature steak was delicious.Special Features:
- BrazilOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I am a local resident. When I have guest from out of town, we always have dinner at the SAMBA. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samba Brazilian SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The service was great and the food was delicious. I ordered a margarita and it was huge! There was so much food my husband and I couldn't even finish. I really loved the fried plantain. The Mirage has free valet parking (but I always tip) so if you want to go for just dinner it's easily accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beMrWolverineDined on 6/6/2014I have eaten there many times. I noticed the last time I was there a few months ago that the service was slipping. This time the service was even worse. The server was very slow and did not come around very often. I waited for long periods of time in between the guys coming around serving the meat like as if they are trying to cut back on the amount of food you can get. I had 915 reservations so it was not terribly busy at that time and the service was still very poor. There are many Brazilian reatautants in town and unfortunately i think i will be visiting those other establishments more than Samba.
- Did not rate this very high at all.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014We were looking forward to a very nice dinner for our special occasion, unfortunately this was not the case. The food that we were served was very good however when I specifically asked for a certain dish the request was ignored three times, we were not offered any more salad and the bread rolls were cold. Although my indicator was turned to green the only time that we were served was when the table next to us was being attended to. I will stay at the Mirage again but will not be dinning at Samba. Perhaps this was a one of occurrence never the less it was the occurrence that happened to us. The prices at Fogo are comparable with more choices to be enjoyed. It was a real damper to and other wise enjoyable 21st wedding anniversary experience.
- Love Rodizio!BillDDined on 6/5/2014This is the only Rodizio style restaurant in a Las Vegas casino. The restaurant is open to the casino floor but elevated by a couple of steps that make it an oasis. The staff is friendly. The food is good and plentiful and paced nicely. Never had plantains with Rodizio before - nice touch. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good the second time aroundRjdozDined on 6/3/2014Had diner here a few years ago and couldn't wait to come back so this trip I went out of my way to make sure we had a dinner here. If I could give 1/2 stars I would give this a 2-1/2. Was ok but just not the same quality meat as I remembered. The great service was definitely the high point of this dining experience. The atmosphere is getting a little worn. I don't think I'll be coming back on my next visit to Vegas
- DisappointedBummedDined on 5/31/2014Based on the rating I expected more from this restaurant. The food was bland. They did not bring everything we ordered. There was no choices of salads. The meat was fatty. Anyone giving this a high rating has never been to a good Brazilian Steakhouse.
- FabulousFoodieDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant was amazing! Food was superior, so much we ate there 3 nights in a row. Ordered the filet minon. Left each night absolutely stuffed. A bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- FoodloversDined on 5/24/2014we have eatin here before but noticed a difference in the way the food was delivered it was very slow but over all it was still great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definate MustmissyhardtDined on 5/24/2014Radiation at Samba is one of the best meals and dining experiences I've ever had. We visit Vegas a couple times a year and stop in every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samba Rodizio diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Our family had a wonderful meal at the Samba in The Mirage, visiting from overseas we have had something similar however this was a better balance of meats, salads and breads. Flavors with every mouthful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously expensive for what getTrevDined on 5/19/2014Paid $250usd for 2 adults and 3 kids (6,7,8). It is essentially an all you can eat meat bbq. I have been to many brazilian bbqs and by far this is the worst in all categories. Food, price. The servers try but they are not given a good product to work with. Avoid.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Our reserv. info: Sat., May 17, 5:30 PM - Conf.# number: 56906667. My group has been attending the Recon convention in Las Vegas overall for about 20 yrs or so & we always make an effort to dine out at a new restaurant. We were also staying at the Mirage Hotel which is one of the reasons we picked Samba, we all agree that the food was not good. The pork was completely over cooked and dry. The desserts was so disappointing, they give them to you in a tiny shot glass. Will not dine here or recommend.
- Just as advertisedjaneenkonaDined on 5/10/2014Lots of meat .. All the sides come with your meal and were all tasty, the meats came timely and when we requested the ones we enjoyed the most they promptly arrived. Its an extremely noisy restaurant with large groups arriving often... we were happy to be seated in one of the smaller side rooms. Our waiter was from our hometown, Kona, Hawaii so that was real fun chatting with him and our service was perfect even before we knew he was a Kona Boy. We have been here before and we will return... I would reccommend coming early before the crowds arrive ... we had dinner at 5:30 & it was peaceful but by 6:30 it was a roar... the little side rooms are a great option. We left full & satisfied. Thank you Peter .. Aloha !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMom14Dined on 5/10/2014The restaurant was good, the food was very nice cooking, and good flavor.Special Features: