Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge
1000 Universal CityWalk, #101H
Universal City, CA 91608Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sambarestaurants.com/Samba_Universal_CityWalk/about.html
- Phone: 8187630101x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11 - 3
Brunch:Saturday & Sunday: 11 - 3
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3 - 9
Friday & Saturday: 3 - 11
Happy Hour 4 -7 Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Our beautiful Sambarinas perform at various times throughout the night, every night of the week!
A word from Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge
A dizzying array of sizzling, fire-roasted meats ranging from Picanha (Brazilian top sirloin), Pork Tenderloin to savory sausages, chicken and lamb are skewered, slowly roasted over an open flame and then expertly carved right at your table. And as if that wasn’t enough,we've paired our succulent meats with an extensive buffet featuring salads and freshly prepared hot and cold side dishes. Churrascaria roughly translates from the Portuguese word for barbecue and is a centuries old culinary tradition. At Samba, we honor the traditional rodizio feast, while infusing it with new and unexpected tastes inspired by the pulse and energy of Brazilian culture. From the moment you walk into Samba, you know for sure this isn't your average Brazilian steakhouse!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Universal City ›
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)good for groups (35)great for outdoor dining (26)fit for foodies (25)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (15)romantic (14)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (6)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Good Brazillian BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I've been to Samba Redondo, so I kinda knew what to expect with regard to food. Just as good, but a bit different atmosphere, due to it being near a theme park. Still, great food and very attentive staff. Keep an eye out for the drink prices though. We had this blackberry & basil drink that added up pretty fast.Special Features:
- Dining Find at City Walk UniversalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014After a full day at Universal Studios enjoying the fun and adventure, Samba Brazilian Steakhouse and Lounge is the perfect place to hang out with a cool drink -- and then enjoy a leisurely, taste-tempting dinner at Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge. Timing is perfect when you make a reservation through Open Table . . . no wait time, the ability to request a special table, and the best way to plan your after hours stay when Universal Studio park closes. Check it out!Special Features:
- Delicious, Delicious, Delicious...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The meats are packed with so much flavor. Always a great time at Samba. I was bummed that there weren't any dancers the night we went, but still a blast. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- nice place to over stuff yourselfalau1158Dined on 10/12/2014food is good. wish their signature steak (Picanha) comes out more often however. All in all pretty happy with their service, selection of food and quality of their servings.Special Features:
- Gauchos stops coming after awhileDennisLapidReviewDined on 10/11/2014Met Gauchos stops coming after awhile. They just have a quota or something. The Brazilianhe chic rice doesn't feel authentic. The fizuata is HOT authentic at alll. This is coming from a a guy that comes to Sao Paulo twice a year. Get it together guys. The Pichaca doesn't come often enough, there is no garlic steak. In short, it's OK. But not Great! Not like Fogo de Chao or Texas du Brazil.Special Features:
- AwesomeDinky17Dined on 10/3/2014This place was awesome. Great atmosphere, most everybody was happy to be there, food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your taste buds will SambaPaulineDined on 9/27/2014Friendly, professional staff. Delicious food and drinks. Great Samba dancers. Wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Brazilian dinner experience!akhammerDined on 9/26/2014When cooked right, the pao de queijo (cheese bread) was amazing. The first batch was overdone, but the second batch was among the best I've had. Meat was ok...cooked well, but seemed to lack salt. I had been before and the meat was much better so perhaps I caught a bad night. Service was incredible and ambiance was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar Brazilian SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/26/2014I've been going to Brazilian steakhouses since I discovered them a couple of years ago. I have a few favorites, but I try others whenever I find them or when I'm traveling. I saw Samba as I was visiting Universal Studios. The good news was that they were not overpriced given their location. They were on par with other Brazilian steakhouses (which are normally expensive). The bad news was that they had the smallest salad/sides bar of any Brazilian steakhouse I visited. Their meat selection was OK, but the meats had less flavor than other places. I wonder if they don't marinate their meats long enough. I wouldn't go there again.
- so stuffed by the time I was doneJozerDined on 9/19/2014took my fiance there to eat for our anniversary. She's a steak eater and she loved it. I had already been here before I knew how good the food was. Not only the meat but the salad bar had a lot of variety and the drinks we had were very good. A bit pricey but it is all the meat you c can eat, I mean all the food you can eat. The service was quick and my plate was never empty. for a special occasion I would recommend it or if you are really, really hungry and you are a meat eater and don't mind dropping a few bucks then this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brazilian ResturantwonderingVIPDined on 9/17/2014Good place to go to at Citywalk if you want to do something more interesting than the usual chain restaurants. One of the best restaurants at CitywalkSpecial Features:
- Poor Food/Overpriced/Bad ServiceMusicluvDined on 9/12/2014If you love meat this is NOT for you! Waste of money and time. Selection of meat is poor, maybe 4-5 types, we asked for lamb over 7 times from waitress and manager needless to say we've never received! The salad bar is not more than ok. Just a waste of time and money! NOT RECOMMENDING AT ALL!
- City Walk vs RedondoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Redondo location has better performance, salad bar, meat etc Only good thing about this location fix parking cost and in the city walk get shop and or look around
- Great ServiceDisappointedVIPDined on 9/11/2014I have to say that the service at Samba was magnificent. They were so accommodating and it was our anniversary when we visited and they gave us a complimentary cheesecake. We didn't even ask - they just took note from the reservation. It was very nice of them do so and they were so incredibly friendly. The food was good - the Brazilian sirloin steak was the best in my opinion. The service alone was enough to have me coming back.Special Features:
- Restaurant With A Kick!!!em73lm71Dined on 9/7/2014This was the first time my family and I experienced Samba Brazilian Steakhouse at Universal City Walk. It was amazing!!! Chris, our server, gave us excellent service as well as all the gentleman who brought out the different kinds of meat, chicken, and fish! My favorites were the bacon-wrapped chicken and NY steak!!! Mashed potatoes and different salads were great as well! I would highly recommend Samba because not only is food delicious but the Brazilian dancers were so entertaining dancing all through the restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vickirDined on 9/7/2014There were 4 in our party and we were all happy with the food, service and view. Our waiter was prompt with soft drink refills. Their garlic bread is the best. If you like meat - you can't beat this place for variety of meats and flavors. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our oneyear AnniversaryMeatsDined on 9/6/2014The staff was amazing , food was fabulous . Only recommendation is to go later so you can enjoy the night scene . Other than that it was perfect . My wife loves this place . We will be returning , happy life happy wife .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the try!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014great service, ambiance, food, enjoyed the little Brazilian dance..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed glad I used Grouponeagerdiner24Dined on 8/31/2014After having a reservation I was excited to try this place. Although it's nice the food was mediocre and salad bar didn't have much to offer. They have a lot of different varieties of meats but none are seasoned differently so they all taste the same. The samba dancers only danced for 5 mins to one song. For the price I was really disappointed. I'm glad I used Groupon, I originally was going to come to brunch for about 50 pp I'm soooo glad I didnt. Not worth the pricing at all. On other hand it is an attractive restaurant and our server was awesome so I guess that counts for something.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant.dancemom258Dined on 8/28/2014We love rodizio grill and this didn't let us down! Food was great!! Service was good. Took a little long to get a glass of wine from the bar but that's the only negative. And the live entertainment added to the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRachelDined on 8/24/2014We went for our anniversary and had the lunch buffet. Everything was excellent. Plenty of food, great drinks and desert. The waiter Johnny was very helpful. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Overpriced and UnderseasonedOrganic21VIPDined on 8/23/2014We were at Universal City for a conference and decided to try Samba Brazilian Restaurant. We arrived a little early, but we're seated right away. Our server was very friendly and described how to get our salad and sides and meat. The salads and sides were ok. The biggest disappointment was in the meat. Different meats came around, although some meats never came by, often it was a sample of the meats. My biggest complaint was the lack of seasoning, except garlic steak. The meat was all very plain. For the price we paid, it just wasn't a great dinner. I don't think that I would visit another Samba.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricefoodieDined on 8/22/2014I was disappointed on how long my husband and I had to wait for meat carvers to come to table. We ate more salad and pasta than meat. Not worth what we spent for meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good!latheraVIPDined on 8/22/2014Also the price is way too high for the quality of the food.
- Delicious Brazilian Style FoodZiggyDined on 8/18/2014My fiancé and I saw a Groupon opportunity and decided to try it out as it is close to home. The Sangria was delicious. There were several different kinds of sale to choose from. The cheese bread was good. My favorite part was the different meats that circulate through the restaurant. The garlic beef and the sausage were my favorites. But the others, tri-tip, etc. were also good. There was also some live entertainment, which I think happens hourly and consists of two dancers dancing the samba. They encouraged folks to join in, too. Overall, it was a deliciously nice experience which I would do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE!bfinnDined on 8/17/2014None of the beef was close to edible. The worst money I spent on a two week vacation to California, and that was with the groupon. City walk was jammed, but there were only to tables taken in the restaurant. Ignore all other reviews. That says it all.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We received much attention from waitress and food server, the meat got better and better later on the night, and the samba dancers really interacted with our group. It was a great experience overall and would recommend my friends in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love to SAMBA!PicanhaVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have always received GREAT SERVICE at this wonderful restaurant, except THIS time. 1st - I checked in with a Reservation with the gentleman behind the counter; which turned out to be reported as a NO-SHOW, I had to later provide proof of actually being there. 2nd - I had to wait at least 20 minutes for the PICANHA to come to the table because it WASN'T READY; according to the gentleman carrying the wonderful looking SKEWERED meats. Great food is worth waiting for, but this is not one of those places where food is made to order, meats are placed on the grill and continuously need to be REPLACED or RE SKEWERED and this day they weren't being replaced fast enough.Special Features:
- The Samba Experience.DietingFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Everything was good except it was incredibly hot. Our waiter was fantastic.Special Features:
- Make sure you askOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I bought the Gaucho Feast deal. I was told it included fish but I never got any at all. Instead, they were coming back to our table with pork sausages over and over again. Right before we left, we asked the server about the fish, he replied: "Did you ask for it?" We were told we were gonna have everything and since we paid, we expected the best as a customer. We ain`t going back, unless is free of course.
- great restaurantzaibatsu82Dined on 7/25/2014A definite gem of citywalk, great food and drinks. Very romantic place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SambaBenQuteDined on 7/24/2014Good high quality food w live entertaining Brazilian dancers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth every penny!!cleenwonDined on 7/17/2014great, friendly service from everyone! plenty of awesome food options!! starting with a well-stocked salad bar, then tasty appetizers! main course rounds kept coming and coming with lots of choices (steaks, chicken,lamb,etc.) to top it all off: brazilian dancers!! what a show!!Special Features:
- Lots of food!!ttulakDined on 7/14/2014Hungry?? this is the place to go.. large variety of meats brought to your table right off the grill.. want more no problem someone will be coming by every few mins with a new offering. We were there at 5:30.. the meat was alittle slow and under cooked or over cooked till about 6"15 then everything changed and the food was better fresher and faster. I think it was just a bad timing on our part. The dancers were a wonderful surprise..Special Features:
- bring your appetite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The servers keep bringing cuts of meat until you say no more. Fun to take guys who cannot consume vast amounts of food.Special Features:
- Can't wait to return!worldcupkeithDined on 7/7/2014Delicious and abundant food, attentive and friendly staff, and an exciting show of brazilian dancers to boot! We love the concept of the brazilian barbeque with so much variety of meats, sides, and beverages. You can tell the staff enjoy their jobs and they make sure you are having a wonderful time. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good but not outstandingFoodlover110Dined on 6/30/2014The food was good but not outstanding for the price it cost. The staff started off being rude and uptight later. I felt like I shouldn't be saying yes to the meat that I was paying for, the attitude seemed to get better later on. In my opinion ,Too expensive for the quality and quantity. Not a good choice with kids either.Special Features:
- The following 455 reviews are from the Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge reviews archive.
- Gooood foodDianaDined on 6/19/2014I was beyond full and couldn't stop eating food here is amazingSpecial Features:
- Not that good...BrazilBabeVIPDined on 6/15/2014Unfortunately we did not enjoy our experience here. I am originally from Brazil and to be honest, I did not have high expectations, and they couldnt even meet those. The salad bar is not great, lots of selections, but VERY FEW real brazilian dishes. The meats were not cooked well and they were not high quality meats. Service by the waiters was fine, but most of the meat passers were not friendly, did not listen and need training on how to properly cut the meat. We had a groupon and ended up having an issue with it. The first manager we spoke to did not handle the situation well at all, the second manager resolved it. But we left the place very unhappy and stressed... Will not be coming back.
- A So-So ExperiencefoodiechickDined on 6/15/2014I was not super impressed with Samba, but I am quite a churrasco snob. The salad bar was okay and the picana was pretty good, but I feel it lacked some authenticity. I understand they have a crowd to appease at city-walk so in sure serving 100% authentic Brazilian style food may not appeal to the masses, but I was just a little disappointed. I felt they mostly served pork meats... It felt like a filler. The manager/owner was making her rounds around the table and I can't complain about that. She was the nicest and really wanted to make sure everyone was enjoying their meals. Overall, 3-stars.Special Features: