Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge
1000 Universal CityWalk, #101H
Universal City, CA 91608Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sambarestaurants.com/Samba_Universal_CityWalk/about.html
- Phone: 8187630101x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11 - 3
Brunch:Saturday & Sunday: 11 - 3
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3 - 9
Friday & Saturday: 3 - 11
Happy Hour 4 -7 Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Our beautiful Sambarinas perform at various times throughout the night, every night of the week!
A word from Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge
A dizzying array of sizzling, fire-roasted meats ranging from Picanha (Brazilian top sirloin), Pork Tenderloin to savory sausages, chicken and lamb are skewered, slowly roasted over an open flame and then expertly carved right at your table. And as if that wasn’t enough,we've paired our succulent meats with an extensive buffet featuring salads and freshly prepared hot and cold side dishes. Churrascaria roughly translates from the Portuguese word for barbecue and is a centuries old culinary tradition. At Samba, we honor the traditional rodizio feast, while infusing it with new and unexpected tastes inspired by the pulse and energy of Brazilian culture. From the moment you walk into Samba, you know for sure this isn't your average Brazilian steakhouse!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Universal City ›
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (24)romantic (16)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Poor Food/Overpriced/Bad ServiceMusicluvDined on 9/12/2014If you love meat this is NOT for you! Waste of money and time. Selection of meat is poor, maybe 4-5 types, we asked for lamb over 7 times from waitress and manager needless to say we've never received! The salad bar is not more than ok. Just a waste of time and money! NOT RECOMMENDING AT ALL!
- City Walk vs RedondoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Redondo location has better performance, salad bar, meat etc Only good thing about this location fix parking cost and in the city walk get shop and or look around
- Great ServiceDisappointedVIPDined on 9/11/2014I have to say that the service at Samba was magnificent. They were so accommodating and it was our anniversary when we visited and they gave us a complimentary cheesecake. We didn't even ask - they just took note from the reservation. It was very nice of them do so and they were so incredibly friendly. The food was good - the Brazilian sirloin steak was the best in my opinion. The service alone was enough to have me coming back.Special Features:
- Restaurant With A Kick!!!em73lm71Dined on 9/7/2014This was the first time my family and I experienced Samba Brazilian Steakhouse at Universal City Walk. It was amazing!!! Chris, our server, gave us excellent service as well as all the gentleman who brought out the different kinds of meat, chicken, and fish! My favorites were the bacon-wrapped chicken and NY steak!!! Mashed potatoes and different salads were great as well! I would highly recommend Samba because not only is food delicious but the Brazilian dancers were so entertaining dancing all through the restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vickirDined on 9/7/2014There were 4 in our party and we were all happy with the food, service and view. Our waiter was prompt with soft drink refills. Their garlic bread is the best. If you like meat - you can't beat this place for variety of meats and flavors. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our oneyear AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The staff was amazing , food was fabulous . Only recommendation is to go later so you can enjoy the night scene . Other than that it was perfect . My wife loves this place . We will be returning , happy life happy wife .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the try!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014great service, ambiance, food, enjoyed the little Brazilian dance..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed glad I used Grouponeagerdiner24Dined on 8/31/2014After having a reservation I was excited to try this place. Although it's nice the food was mediocre and salad bar didn't have much to offer. They have a lot of different varieties of meats but none are seasoned differently so they all taste the same. The samba dancers only danced for 5 mins to one song. For the price I was really disappointed. I'm glad I used Groupon, I originally was going to come to brunch for about 50 pp I'm soooo glad I didnt. Not worth the pricing at all. On other hand it is an attractive restaurant and our server was awesome so I guess that counts for something.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant.dancemom258Dined on 8/28/2014We love rodizio grill and this didn't let us down! Food was great!! Service was good. Took a little long to get a glass of wine from the bar but that's the only negative. And the live entertainment added to the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRachelDined on 8/24/2014We went for our anniversary and had the lunch buffet. Everything was excellent. Plenty of food, great drinks and desert. The waiter Johnny was very helpful. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Overpriced and UnderseasonedOrganic21VIPDined on 8/23/2014We were at Universal City for a conference and decided to try Samba Brazilian Restaurant. We arrived a little early, but we're seated right away. Our server was very friendly and described how to get our salad and sides and meat. The salads and sides were ok. The biggest disappointment was in the meat. Different meats came around, although some meats never came by, often it was a sample of the meats. My biggest complaint was the lack of seasoning, except garlic steak. The meat was all very plain. For the price we paid, it just wasn't a great dinner. I don't think that I would visit another Samba.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricefoodieDined on 8/22/2014I was disappointed on how long my husband and I had to wait for meat carvers to come to table. We ate more salad and pasta than meat. Not worth what we spent for meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good!latheraVIPDined on 8/22/2014Also the price is way too high for the quality of the food.
- Delicious Brazilian Style FoodZiggyDined on 8/18/2014My fiancé and I saw a Groupon opportunity and decided to try it out as it is close to home. The Sangria was delicious. There were several different kinds of sale to choose from. The cheese bread was good. My favorite part was the different meats that circulate through the restaurant. The garlic beef and the sausage were my favorites. But the others, tri-tip, etc. were also good. There was also some live entertainment, which I think happens hourly and consists of two dancers dancing the samba. They encouraged folks to join in, too. Overall, it was a deliciously nice experience which I would do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE!bfinnDined on 8/17/2014None of the beef was close to edible. The worst money I spent on a two week vacation to California, and that was with the groupon. City walk was jammed, but there were only to tables taken in the restaurant. Ignore all other reviews. That says it all.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We received much attention from waitress and food server, the meat got better and better later on the night, and the samba dancers really interacted with our group. It was a great experience overall and would recommend my friends in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love to SAMBA!PicanhaVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have always received GREAT SERVICE at this wonderful restaurant, except THIS time. 1st - I checked in with a Reservation with the gentleman behind the counter; which turned out to be reported as a NO-SHOW, I had to later provide proof of actually being there. 2nd - I had to wait at least 20 minutes for the PICANHA to come to the table because it WASN'T READY; according to the gentleman carrying the wonderful looking SKEWERED meats. Great food is worth waiting for, but this is not one of those places where food is made to order, meats are placed on the grill and continuously need to be REPLACED or RE SKEWERED and this day they weren't being replaced fast enough.Special Features:
- The Samba Experience.DietingFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Everything was good except it was incredibly hot. Our waiter was fantastic.Special Features:
- Make sure you askOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I bought the Gaucho Feast deal. I was told it included fish but I never got any at all. Instead, they were coming back to our table with pork sausages over and over again. Right before we left, we asked the server about the fish, he replied: "Did you ask for it?" We were told we were gonna have everything and since we paid, we expected the best as a customer. We ain`t going back, unless is free of course.
- great restaurantzaibatsu82Dined on 7/25/2014A definite gem of citywalk, great food and drinks. Very romantic place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SambaBenQuteDined on 7/24/2014Good high quality food w live entertaining Brazilian dancers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth every penny!!cleenwonDined on 7/17/2014great, friendly service from everyone! plenty of awesome food options!! starting with a well-stocked salad bar, then tasty appetizers! main course rounds kept coming and coming with lots of choices (steaks, chicken,lamb,etc.) to top it all off: brazilian dancers!! what a show!!Special Features:
- Lots of food!!ttulakDined on 7/14/2014Hungry?? this is the place to go.. large variety of meats brought to your table right off the grill.. want more no problem someone will be coming by every few mins with a new offering. We were there at 5:30.. the meat was alittle slow and under cooked or over cooked till about 6"15 then everything changed and the food was better fresher and faster. I think it was just a bad timing on our part. The dancers were a wonderful surprise..Special Features:
- bring your appetite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The servers keep bringing cuts of meat until you say no more. Fun to take guys who cannot consume vast amounts of food.Special Features:
- Can't wait to return!worldcupkeithDined on 7/7/2014Delicious and abundant food, attentive and friendly staff, and an exciting show of brazilian dancers to boot! We love the concept of the brazilian barbeque with so much variety of meats, sides, and beverages. You can tell the staff enjoy their jobs and they make sure you are having a wonderful time. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good but not outstandingFoodlover110Dined on 6/30/2014The food was good but not outstanding for the price it cost. The staff started off being rude and uptight later. I felt like I shouldn't be saying yes to the meat that I was paying for, the attitude seemed to get better later on. In my opinion ,Too expensive for the quality and quantity. Not a good choice with kids either.Special Features:
- Gooood foodDianaDined on 6/19/2014I was beyond full and couldn't stop eating food here is amazingSpecial Features:
- Not that good...BrazilBabeVIPDined on 6/15/2014Unfortunately we did not enjoy our experience here. I am originally from Brazil and to be honest, I did not have high expectations, and they couldnt even meet those. The salad bar is not great, lots of selections, but VERY FEW real brazilian dishes. The meats were not cooked well and they were not high quality meats. Service by the waiters was fine, but most of the meat passers were not friendly, did not listen and need training on how to properly cut the meat. We had a groupon and ended up having an issue with it. The first manager we spoke to did not handle the situation well at all, the second manager resolved it. But we left the place very unhappy and stressed... Will not be coming back.
- A So-So ExperiencefoodiechickDined on 6/15/2014I was not super impressed with Samba, but I am quite a churrasco snob. The salad bar was okay and the picana was pretty good, but I feel it lacked some authenticity. I understand they have a crowd to appease at city-walk so in sure serving 100% authentic Brazilian style food may not appeal to the masses, but I was just a little disappointed. I felt they mostly served pork meats... It felt like a filler. The manager/owner was making her rounds around the table and I can't complain about that. She was the nicest and really wanted to make sure everyone was enjoying their meals. Overall, 3-stars.Special Features:
- Father's Day brunch1ivyDined on 6/15/2014I would have given 5 stars but there was no Samba dancing during Father's Day brunch ambience was boring!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day - Tons of Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014This was our first visit to Samba. I took my father, husband, and son there for their Father's Day brunch and everyone was very impressed. Great service, plenty of food and we were seating as soon as we arrived. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible dinnerjdf118VIPDined on 6/8/2014We couldn't believe our experience here. Only one carver walking around for the first 45 min and within that 45 min we only got 1 small slice of tritium and one piece of pork sausage. Horrible! Then we they finally had 3 carvers they were bringing out the meat way over cooked and dry. We had a total disappointment. We love Samba in Redondo Beach but this location was Horrible. Not to mention we had to pay 15 bucks to park... Another rip off and Samba said oh we don't validate on Sundays... The restaurant will have to give us a free meal if we ever decide to go back to change our minds. Then maybe they will get a better review and we may refer people to their restaurant
- Last-minute brunch.SuperSaverSFDined on 6/7/2014Their brunch comes with bottomless mimosas or sangrias. It was our first time for Samba's brunch and it did not disappoint. We sat outside and the weather was great. The food w is always well. We stick the the steak and red meats. The sangria was strong, but very good. We have an Annual Pass at the nearby theme park so we headed right over. We must have indulged a little to much on the food because we ended up falling asleep during a ride. Still a very good place and the waiter was very attentive to us during our meal.Special Features:
- special gatheringBig1LhomieDined on 5/31/2014excellent food and the entertainment was outstanding..good for groups and special occasion large parties..Special Features:
- Samba SurpriseKarnivorexploreDined on 5/28/2014The Samba is an exceptional treat to anyone who loves swords with sizzling meat and succulent poultry,dripping with juices, served right to your table. We enjoyed all of the offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is the Lam!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014We were there 5/25/14 and there was not lam meat! I paid for the price of weekend dinner, and there was no lam? Very disappointing!!!Special Features:
- FUN2romanceDined on 5/23/2014I didn't give 5 stars because they kept walking past us and the 2 things we wanted kept passing us by. Also the meat is a bit on the salty side. I found myself very thirsty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 444 reviews are from the Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Lounge reviews archive.
- DisappointingLuv2chewDined on 5/19/2014I was sadly disappointed with Samba. The salad bar was so-so. Most of the meats were too rare for my tastes. The dancers were horrible. They danced for 2 of the 90 minutes I was there. I did not consider that entertainment. Samba did not live up to the hype. Not some place I would ever have to go again!
- Food fair, but overpricedabsolutmeDined on 5/18/2014We had a family dinner there for the full price, no coupons, etc. The food was not really amazing. The fish for example was completely raw, some of the meat was too rare. And all in all the really delicious meat was not served often enough. The service was really poor. We raised a complaint about the food and asked for fresh plates (because the old ones were full with that raw fish and blood) but nothing happened. We had to call the guest manager so that finally new plates arrived. Including tip we paid $ 230 and I think that was twice as much as it was worth it.Special Features:
- A Must Try...AdamP70Dined on 5/17/2014The Salad Bar has great variety. Different Salads, Pasta, Cheese Balls,(Definite), Rice, Black Beans, Plantains(also a must), and a few other sides that would make anyone not knowing what they're doing, full from just that. The Picanha was my favorite, a must try. The Garlic Steak & The Pepper Steal were next on my list of must try again. Bacon Wrapped Chicken. Yes I said Bacon Wrapped. This was good, just a little dry. I didn't know if they had regular chicken, so when I could get the guy away from the table across from us, I kept getting more. The Lamb and Fish and Pork I didn't care for too much, but the pork sausage was another must. The Beef ribs were good, and the chicken legs were a little too pink close to the bone for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.