Sam Snead's Tavern - Lely Resort
8004 Lely Resort Blvd.
Naples, FL 34113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sam Snead's Tavern - Lely Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.samsneadslely.com/
- Phone: 2397936623
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sam Snead's Tavern - Lely Resort
If you live and breathe the game of golf, you"re bound to hunger for more than a few birdies. At Sam Snead's Tavern you can feast on your passion for the game, as well as great food. Choose from a wide selection of foods grilled only with locally cured oak, that creates the most unique flavor around. Start with Sam's appetizers, then make your selection from the certified Angus aged beef, the freshest seafood, chops,ribs or chicken. Complement all this with a fine wine or your favorite cocktail. And for the lighter appetite there's a wide salad and sandwich selection to be enjoyed at Sam Snead's Tavern. Be sure to top your meal with one of Sam's homemade desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Sam Snead's Tavern - Lely Resort - Best Restaurants in South Naples ›
Sam Snead's Tavern - Lely Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (13)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Beautiful locationMamiankaVIPDined on 9/1/2014The special which 2 of us ordered was called steak alfredo. It was actually left over strips of prime rib with penne in a white sauce. A third in our party had a steak and liked it. If we ever return here, we would avoid the special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Sammy'sHate2CookVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is our "go to" place when we want a good meal, great service and perfect drinks. No one else makes you feel at home like Tara. She's our "fav" server. And Tommy still makes the best Grey Goose Martini. As he says, "It's all in the shake." Friday night I had a steamed lobster; very reasonably priced. The Parmesan encrusted flounder was nicely done. For, us it's a 5 minute drive. If you have to drive further-still go. It's worth it!!!Special Features:
- Oak grilled steaksVegasfoodieDined on 8/3/2014Always a good meal. Very consistent. Can't go wrong with Anything from the oak grilled menu section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sammy's is a "Fav"Hate2CookVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have never been disappointed by the food, drinks or service at Sam Snead's Tavern. Go there!!!!Special Features:
- Service a problemjbarmaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Matthew did a great job as our server, but he was obviously assigned too many tables, which greatly slowed the whole process.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the RoadfgwflflDined on 7/8/2014Sam Snead's is within the clubhouse of Lely Resort, principally a residential community with several neighborhood and three golf courses. Food is good but unexceptional, service is prompt, atmosphere is pleasant but plain. A good spot for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Feel at home; luxurious atmosphereHate2CookVIPDined on 6/28/2014We always enjoy our dinner and drinks art Sammy's. Our favorite waitress Tara took ggod care of us. Tommy Gun Tommy, the best Martini Maker we know, was just going off duty. But Tara made the "cut." Go there!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Sam Snead'scountrygirlDined on 6/24/2014Every one in our party enjoyed the food without exception! The service was great, the food was outstanding. I have no idea of how to improve this really nice restaurant. On Monday they have the best spinach/mushroom soup I've ever had. Their crab cakes are to die for! Terrific hamburgers! Tasty salads. Even their ribs are terrific. In fact, I haven't found a meal I didn't think was superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Our group of 10 were looking for a nice place to go after our daughter and niece graduated from lely high school. So happy we made reservations here! No crowds, peaceful,great food and service! Will definatly go back! Kathy RidgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatDined on 5/27/2014service was friendly and timiely food was really good and the bar makes a great ddrink Everyone is friendly which starts with Scott the manager. Love to order either a fabulous burger delicious salmon or tasty spare ribsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Sam Snead's Tavern - Lely Resort reviews archive.
- Good for spur of the moment idea.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Have been several a times and have enjoyed it all but one time. Service not the fastest or greatest.Special Features:
- Final score: food 3, service 9WelltraveledDined on 4/26/2014The setting was very nice. The service was great. The food was mediocre .Special Features:
- Great Restaurant and Bar!RomanDined on 4/14/2014Sam Snead's restaurant was great! Ordered the crab cakes and they are made in house and to die for if you like crab! Also had a rib eye which was cooked medium rare and delicious! Had a great view of the golf course also! Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sceneryfoodieDined on 4/9/2014We have enjoyed Sam Snead's before. The service was a little slow and the food was 50/50. One person had the ribs. They were meaty and the sauce was delicious. Another had the fish and chips which were nice and crisp served with cole slaw. I had a tasty Caesar to start and then the chicken marsala. The chicken was extremely dry and the sauce was heavy.Special Features:
- What a gem! Eating outsidePeacefulDiningVIPDined on 4/6/2014What a gem! Eating outside on the lanai looking over the lush golf course is a wonderful view. Plus the food was very good and our waitress Vanessa was outstanding--best service we have had in a long time. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A DIFFERENCE A SERVER MAKES!GailDined on 4/3/2014We've eaten lunch at Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern a number of times this year. Based on our very positive experiences, we made a reservation to bring our family members (visiting from out of town) there for lunch. We were seated at a great table overlooking the golf course and anticipated another great lunch. Unfortunately, our server was a disappointment and as a result, so was our experience. He had NO personality and was not attentive. We now realize that Aldo, our server in the past, made all the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another bit of "paradise"pnobannonDined on 4/2/2014Apropos of the restaurant name, a "clubby" golf themed atmosphere with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the golf course. We lunched on the outside covered veranda in perfect weather, the kind of day and environment where you would like to sit for hours with light food and a bottle of wine, contemplating one's good fortune for being able to be there. The lunch, (for four) a sashimi plate and three sandwiches/burgers, was excellent, fairly priced, and highlighted by service that was prompt, friendly, and professional. All in all a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.KingsmomVIPDined on 3/29/2014We used to love Sam Snead's when it was in North Naples. The move to Lely brought it to a new, very lovely location, but the food is only fair. Service was okay. Had to send my lunch back as it was too spicy, replacement did come quickly. Sweet potato fries were lukewarm and can't compare to others we've had in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableMarieDined on 3/23/2014Every time we've eaten there, the food and service have always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceDisappointedDined on 3/22/2014Waited an hour for the 8 guests to receive drinks. Dinner was over 3 hours long. Two guests had either the wrong order or mixed order. Bill was incorrect. Food was good.Special Features:
- Yummy, helpful and friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014We made the reservation thru open table and we were seated on time! The waitress was fun, efficient and personable! We (all 5-)enjoyed great meals! Great spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseskembDined on 3/20/2014Our first visit and a wonderful surprise , great food and service even though they were busy. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fun bar scene and viewFiegs12VIPDined on 3/17/2014Sam Sneads is great for a vibrant bar scene and some pub style food. I wouldn't expect any amazing culinary feats from the chef, but it's acceptable and fun. The view of the golf course is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bang for the buckKmanDined on 3/12/2014Moderately priced tavern with casual atmosphere and good food. Service was great.Special Features:
- Sam Snead's is a Hole in OneHate2CookVIPDined on 3/2/2014I'm been enjoying Sammy's with friends and family since they opened. They have exceptional burgers and the usual bar fare but their steaks and fish are also outstanding. Grilled salmon was expertly done with a generous portion that gave me lunch the next day. Tara is the greatest, warmest server while "Tommy Gun" Tom makes the best Grey Goose Martinis anywhere around. Go there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean place and setting wasRaykDined on 3/2/2014Clean place and setting was outstanding. Great for lunch and Sat/Sun get way. Menu was diverse and had many choices. Food was average to good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - poor food.BeverlyDined on 3/1/2014We've eaten at Sam Snead's many times and since they moved to Lely and it's a much longer trip for us... we still go. After being seated we waited a while for our server. Our appetizer took quite a long time and then our entree took even longer and my husband's salmon was burned. No one came back to see if everything was okay. My husband is the type that rather than make a big deal out of the situations we just won't go back again. I ordered a salad that was stone cold and made for quite some time... the dressing was so cold it was gelled and hard to stir.
- Sam at lelys1120Dined on 2/25/2014All great here good happy hour great flat bread all good highly recommend Sam sneads at lelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam's Sneads is qualityJenniferDined on 2/23/2014I would like to state that everyone from the reservations desk to the wait staff was terrific. The food was outstanding and VERY fresh! Rachel, our server was a sweetheart and terrific ;-)Special Features:
- Excellent place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014Excellent place for dinner and if you are into golf Sam Snead"s Tavern has some great pictures of all the famous players who shaped the game.Special Features:
- Lely Golf FavoriteJohnDDined on 2/22/2014Much better than a typical golf club restaurant. Menu is good though somewhat limited; food quality is very good; and the service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Great ambiance, excellent servers. Difficult to obtain reservations, although restaurant was more than half empty between 5 and 6:30, but we were not able to reserve during that time period for a table of 6. Love the bar, Tommy and Patty, and Tara are very attentive to details. We frequent the bar, especially when hosting company at Lely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableBuzzerVIPDined on 2/17/2014This place offers the type of menu you find at a country club, everything from burgers and sandwiches to entrees. I have found the food to be consistently good. In particular, I think the crab cakes are very good. Service can be a little slow at times. The ambiance is like being in a clubhouse at a golf club, which it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Find off the Beaten PathTravelerDined on 1/31/2014Nestled between Lely and GreenLinks Resorts is a real find - Sam Snead's Oak Grill and Tavern. We found their oak grill was perfect for steaks and salmon, but the lobster and shrimp pasta was just as delicious. The waiters were attentive and the generous happy hour (2 pm - 7 pm) a plus. The desserts are all made in-house and worth saving a bit of your appetite to indulge in them. The food at Sam Snead's was so enjoyable that we made a repeat visit within 4 days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014This is the first time my wife and were back in Naples in a couple of years and our first time at the Lely location. We dined with my wife's sister and her husband who are living in Naples most of the year. What we found was an old favorite still good in the new location. We ate in the dining room, which was very comfortable with a view of the golf course. Our food was fresh and prepared exactly how it was ordered for all four in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam's is great for the neighborhoodchoosyDined on 1/23/2014Sam's is great for the neighborhood. It is a nice looking place with casual dining.However, the servers need to welcome the customers and bring over the drinks and bread basket faster if they want to turn over the table in a timely manner. Food was served wrong but servers were apologetic and eager to get it fixed, but this should not happen.Food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding Crab Cakes!SnowbirdDined on 1/23/2014I have had crab cakes all over and these are the best! 4 ounce crab cakes with 3 ounces of crab meat! The roumelude sauce accompaning the crab cake had just the right amount of kick. The happy hour is wonderful also. 2-7 PM. Half off all drinks including Call drinks! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinerSnowbirdDined on 1/22/2014Made reservations thru open table. Dinner for 7, 6 adults 1 young child. Requested a high chair.. We arrived at our reservation time, were promptly seated and the highchair was in place at the table. A wonderful evening for all. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone loved it!CorbinVIPDined on 1/22/2014There were 6 of us...I was the only one who had been there. Everyone left talking about how great the food was and how good the service was considering they were very busy with a very large group. We tried a variety of mixed drinks, and ordered from all portions of the menu...some had soup, some salad, some had appetizers, one a burger, another fish and chips, two had steak and everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five of us enjoyed our dinnerDanielDined on 1/17/2014Five of us enjoyed our dinner at Sam Snead's. The service atmosphere and food quality was excellent; and the Happy Hour is great value. The only disappointment was the Night's Special cut of Prime Rib, which was a small portion for $28. Otherwise, it was excellent.Special Features: