Sam & Rosco's Restaurant
7450 Douglas Blvd
Douglasville, GA 30125Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sam & Rosco's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://samandroscosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7709491195
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sam & Rosco's Restaurant
On February 10, 1987, the American dream for two immigrants, Sam Seyedahmadian and Rosco Sayyar and their families, became a reality and the first fine dining restaurant, Sam and Rosco’s formerly Aldo’s Italian Restaurant, in Douglasville opened its doors. From the very beginning, Sam and Rosco made a promise to always offer fresh food, outstanding service, elegant ambiance, reasonable pricing and a great dining experience in every visit. Also, from the beginning we made a promise to be involved in our community in order to make it a better place for present and future residents of this great county. !Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sam & Rosco's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)romantic (9)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (5)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The entrees were good, but the salad and appetizers were missing something, the stuffed mushrooms had no seasoning and tasted like water. The salad was eh.
- Great anniversary dinnermrkistleDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant was terrific as usual. It was a little loud with a party, but the good out weighed the loud by far. I couldn't be happier. Portions are large and the steak melts in your mouth. I tried the rib eye and it was cooked perfect...yes the cooks know what medium rare is. Oh, and the veggies are terrific. The servers are quick to ensure you have every thing you need and away enough so you can actually have a conversation. Thanks for a great anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- A gem in DouglasvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014If you enjoy fine dinning, S&Rs is a gem. Excellent food. Reasonable prices. Table cloth, two forks and real service.Special Features:
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I had a group of my clients for an appreciation dinner with some education. Sam put us in a room of our own and the service was wonderful! The food was great as is always is. Whenever I go to Sam and Rosco's I am treated so well. I can't say enough about them.Special Features:
- Delicious enough saidFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food was very good. We ordered the two dinner features, they were both excellent. The food looked as good as it tasted. The service was even better. The owner went around to each table greeting his guest (nice touch) Best wine menu that is reasonably price right.Special Features:
- WonderfultamwilliVIPDined on 8/8/2014We could not have asked for a better experience. We will definitely be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Douglasville!JHuntDined on 7/23/2014I visited on a Wednesday night around 7 & it was pretty empty and quiet. I went with a girlfriend, but upon entrance definitely classified this place under "date night". Dim lights, linen tablecloths, & candlelight set the ambience. The server was friendly & attentive. The food was excellent! Best chicken alfredo I've had thus far, & I've had my share. My friend had the salmon & mixed veggie & she raved about the salmon & I don't usually hear her comment about food much. The prices were what I expected for the quality, $20-25 range. My only complaint was the tiny slice of cheesecake we got for $8. I could have gotten that at Captain D's for $2. Most places usually serve huge slices to share, but not here. Very nice find for Douglasville.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/6/2014We love this place. The food is always the same-Great. We had tomato basil soup & grilled octopus for starters this past weekend with grilled halibut for entree. Excellent. They also have a great bar area for a cocktail before dining & the Restuarant is also perfectly dimmed so you don't have bright lights glaring overhead.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Sam & Rosco's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Sam & Roscoe's is awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2014The ambiance is always great and the food is always delicious. The amount of food you get for the price is mind-boggling. You will have food leftover for the next day. You cannot go wrong with this authentic Italian restaurant. Fresh herbs and pasta always. Did I mention the butter and garlic rolls are mouth-watering good. Carabba's used to be my favorite restaurant, but now I simply go to Sam and Roscoe's and as always, my husband and I are very satisfied. Carabba's prices are equivalent to Roscoe's; however, the portion is much more and the taste is better. You can try them out on groupon.com. Once you redeem that groupon, I am betting you, this will become your favorite Italian spot in Douglasville. You can thank me later.Special Features:
- Quick Catch-upItaliDouglasvilleDined on 5/2/2014I was able to book a 945 appointment with my friend to grab a meal and chat for a while. The meal was delicious. From the start to finish. I especially enjoyed the beets in the salad. The blend of sweetness with vinegar was a surprising twist which left me very impressed. The juicy flavour of the shrimp was wonderful. I would certainly dine her again. Despite feeling rushed, primarily because we were the last guests for the evening, the manager/owner was warm and provided no hint of displeasure toward us. Thank you, I certainly appreciate your calm action and stand away approach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam & Rosco's - First ImpressionsimbdurrDined on 5/2/2014This was only my first visit to Sam & Rosco's. I think it takes multiple (at least 3) visits before you really know if a restaurant is good or bad. For our first visit we were greeted kindly with a warm welcome and great food. The service was also very good. While we had a reservation we still had to wait several minutes to be seated.I mentioned on the Open Table reservation that this was a birthday celebration; but, surprisingly did not receive any typical offers for a birthday special or dessert. Our only negative experience was the loud and obnoxious table near us. I thought I was part of a Jeff Foxworthy "Red Neck" show when the table members placed a mobile phone on "speaker mode" to converse with a remote friend/family member.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!EdwardDined on 4/12/2014Hidden gem. Never been before, took a chance. It was an overall great experience. Definitely will go back sometime soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quaint restaurant Tuesday nightGTatlDined on 3/25/2014My wife and I chose to experience Sam &.Rosco's for our anniversary. Tuesday night seemed like a slow night , as only two other tables were being served, and two were being served when we left. The service was just right and the food was delicious. My wife had steak and I the shrimp scampi. We even used a coupon that was accepted graciously. We will return to check out the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We took out of town guests to Sam and Roscoe's on Valentines Day. We were seated promptly and everything was exceptional. We have been here several times in the past and have always had a good experience. Our guests were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised at the quality & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014We visited base on the glowing reviews on OpenTable. We were delighted to be greeted by one of the owners: Sam. He made us feel at home the moment we walked in. He has a lot of pride in his restaurant and menu. We were waited on by Gloria, who was wonderful. The wine list was great, the food was amazing, and we appreciated the attention. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistant QualitySteveDined on 1/18/2014Sam & Rosco's has been very good for a long time and continues with it's quality service,menu and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceMetroDined on 12/31/2013Food and service available that is not found anywhere else locally. Plan to go there more this year. Food is consistently superb. Have been going to this restaurant since they were at the old location as Aldo's. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who has not tried it. The creme brûlée is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sammy'sTmwDvilleDined on 12/14/2013S&R is a great place for that special occasion. For building memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Thanks Sam! Our company outing was great. The food and service was over the top! We will definately do it again! Kevin HeadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueJohnDined on 12/13/2013Really good food at affordable prices. Very good service. I also saw a server that I remembered from 13 years ago still working there.That's a very good reflection on the ownership. Shows loyalty both ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Secret w/ quality service!EveHendrsDined on 11/26/2013Sam and Roscoes is indeed a neighborhood gem. The atmosphere, food and service are pleasantly unique from the usual chain restaurants. It's nice and quiet, the lightning is suitable, the servers were very attentive and the food was delicious! I will definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteSteveDined on 11/11/2013As always a comfortable evening with good food and great staff. Easy to carry on a conversation and enjoy your guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/31/2013Food was excellent, the night special was outstanding . A pleasant surprise . The service is very good and consistent . I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.