Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg
1551 North Thoreau Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.samandharrys.com/
- Phone: (847) 303-4050
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Saturday - Friday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Lerner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party rooms available for up to 28 guests. Accommodations can be made for larger parties. Please contact Christina Claveria for details.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Claveria 8473034013x
- Entertainment: Enjoy our Summer Music Series on our Terrace. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 7-9.
- Special Events: Chef's table available for up to 8, private dining room available for up to 28 people and semi-private dining available for up to 75 people.
A word from Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg
Sam and Harry's is a progressive steak house offering wet aged prime beef in an elegant yet comfortable setting. In addition to prime beef Sam and Harry's has an aggressive fresh seafood menu which changes daily. Only seafood that is day boat sourced and flown in daily is offered. Sam and Harry's also boasts a 300 wines spanning 9 countries around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)romantic (15)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (7)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- off night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014Been here few times for business and always has been good. Took over hr to get our salads. . Main course came out cold..had customers with us so bit embarrassing. Wasnt thrilled to find out next day another group of colleagues there at the same time had a fabulous experience. Mgr did apologise and comped sone of our wine though with customers would've gladly paid .. for a better experience .
- For Fine Dining - above averageskdhDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I had fish and it was OK. The sauces and vegetables were excellent. The fish was just OK. I was a nice experience and we would go back. I will be trying other places as well. It did not make our top five.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- intimate night outblockdocDined on 10/28/2014food and service was spot on. had a great time. the hotel was very trendy and parking is close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okSalGersGirlDined on 10/28/2014The service was great, but I didn't think the food lived up to the atmosphere. I ordered the ribeye and it was well cooked, but lacked seasoning. The mashed potatoes were excellent and the lobster bisque was good. The portions were big, but again it was a bit bland for my tasteSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodedgeDined on 10/25/2014Started with the oysters followed by a horseradish crusted filet that was great. Shared the asparagus. Highly recommend for food. Restaurant was not very crowded for a Saturday night. The only downside was that our table was too close to the couple next to us and we felt like we were part of their conversations.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I am a real estate broker and dine out often with clients. However, this night was a celebration with family and we could not have been more disappointed. The restaurant had a great vibe. We loved the table and the loveseats. However, the portions were terrible. My husband steak was small and average at best. My mahi mahi came on a enormous plate but the portion very small. All the meals lacked plate presentation as there was nothing on the plate but the one item. Could you have spared at least some endive? We will not return and would not recommend this resturant to anyone.
- Anniversary DinnerSlashDined on 10/12/2014We have gone to Sam and Harry's for a number of our special occasions over the past two years since we were married. We have always had great food, great service, decent prices, and a quiet atmosphere. We have never been disappointed and recommend it highly.Special Features:
- CarmngaryVIPDined on 10/8/2014Competitive with top steak houses. In the Rennaisance Hotel. Therefore, you have a transient clientel and few regulars. We are local and keep it on our list as it is not a name well known and we like to take guests to a venue they likely won't find many places. Service professional. But you do sense they feel that you are an out of towner. Understandable since you go through the hotel lobbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseSushiLoversDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed the ambience especially the tables with relaxed seating and throw pillows. Food was excellent as always. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch deal!openmouthDined on 9/21/2014On the weekends they have a $20/person brunch buffet that is delicious and comfortable! We came for my mother-in-law's birthday and they brought out a little dessert with a candle and sang to us too. Thanks S&H!Special Features:
- Very Disappointed 😕PGAfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Made reservations thru Open Table that were confirmed by the restaurant. When we arrived we were told that there had been an error and that the main dining room had been previously booked. When I asked how that was even possible no one had a response. We were then escorted to the lounge area which very much had a cafeteria look and feel and certainly didn't have the ambience of the main dining room, which was extremely disappointing considering my girlfriend and I were celebrating a special anniversary!
- Wonderful service & great foodJoep63VIPDined on 9/12/2014We were greeted like one of the famous people who have signed menus on the back wall. We did not make the cut but but felt like they were ready to hand us the magic marker. Our table was fine. My wife could not decide oa wine so they brought a couple of sample glasses for her to try. She loves eggplant and there was an eggplant pasta she had and loved. My steak was cooked perfectly. Could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As alwaysmeng1110pcsVIPDined on 9/10/2014It's hard to find quality restaurants with ambiance such as this out in the suburbs. The pricing is not bad at all and I am most definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Schaumburg gemTonyDined on 9/7/2014This is a great restaurant to celebrate special occasions, or to serve as a night out location with good friends. The atmosphere is very modern, with outstanding and varied food selections, wonderful wines, quiet setting with non-rushed but focused service. We spent nearly three hours enjoying our dinner with friends, and did not even realize that amount of time had passed. Just a great place in Schaumburg!Special Features:
- Galway ChicagogalwaychicagoVIPDined on 9/3/2014I was at the hotel for business. The restaurant is outstanding. We had the filet mignon and crab cakes and they were delicious. The filet was cooked just right and was extremely tender. There is a nice expansive view in the restaurant as well, which is hard to find in the burbs. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itdiner1Dined on 8/29/2014Steakhouses are usually expensive but worth it. This one not so much. Not only did I never receive my lobster bisque (I made sure we weren't carved for it) but my boyfriend ordered a lobster tail and received a crab cake. It was a lot of commotion to get the lobster tail and it was finally brought to us when he was done with his meal. They kept saying it was a miscommunication with the chef. I always order my steak medium rare but that piece was under cooked which made it really tough to cut. There was definitely passive aggressive behavior between the staff which made it uncomfortable for us as we were the only ones there.Special Features:
- great food, great timeAngeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Couldn't have asked for a more perfecr evening. Our food, our server and the ambiance were perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent, But Not Worth the PriceCatsafaeDined on 8/9/2014The Parmesan crisps and the rolls were delicious. The iceberg wedge was on the small side, but also good. The steak was more than I pay for an entire meal elsewhere and came with no sides. It was very good, but not to the level I'd expect at that price. The waitress was attentive and brewed a fresh pot of decaf for me, plus gave me enough cream for my coffee, which is a rare and wonderful thing. Dessert was very artfully presented and sparse -- the "Chocolate cake" would have been better named "Bite-sized cake cubes."Special Features:
- Didn't enjoy this time.annietDined on 8/8/2014We have been coming for a few years now but for the first time was truly disappointed. We ordered off the three course menu and had the steak and it was not good, besides the waitress gave my grandaughter the wrong steak. My daughter loves your establishment so I thought I would treat her along with my grandaughters and myself, but we were talking about trying another restaurant outside of the hotel.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2014bread was delicious. this was a high priced restaurant, but not sure the food is at a high priced level. Not bad, but not great.
- The following 445 reviews are from the Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg reviews archive.
- expensiveeat7Dined on 7/29/2014Food was pretty good, but it is very expensive for what you get. My pork chop was too fatty as well. Good service and ambiance though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComCDinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Elegant atmosphere, relaxing, pleasant service and good food.Special Features:
- Hidden gemHonestDinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014A nice restaurant hidden in the suburbs. Great attentive service and surprisingly modern and spacious ambience. The steaks were well cooked. The mashed potatoes were smooth. The desserts were the true winners. The deconstructed strawberry cheesecake is worth going back for. It was so unexpected. Not to be missed! The key lime pie was pretty good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014Really enjoyed the experience, great ambiance, beautiful setting, great outdoor views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for special occasionsGrandybDined on 7/13/2014Every year one of my sons gives me a Sam and Harry's gift certificate. I always look forward to receiving it. This year we saved it and went with friends to celebrate my friend Martha 's birthday. This was really 2 gifts to me. one gift - the gift certificate. The second gift - giving the gift of a wonderful dinner to my friend for her birthday celebration! Who could ask for more!Special Features:
- SigsusDined on 7/5/2014The waitress explained to us what we wanted from the menu.It was very good!We started with calamari as appetizer, kids order steak which was very good,husband ordered fish and I ordered braised beef which was very tender. Overall,we are very satisfied with what we order.Dessert was to die for which was something with chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor quality beefIndydinerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Service was excellent steak was cooked perfectly. The bone in ribeye $45 was the poorest grade if meat I've ever eaten. I've had much better beef from a grocery store. This was not prime and to pass it off as prime is larcenous. I cut up 3 /4 of the steak and gave it to my dog. He doesn't care how tough the meat is ! Went to mortons the next day and had the same steak it was perfect
- Excellent restaurantAplusplaceDined on 6/28/2014We are not used to a "hotel restaurant" that serves such great food and wonderful service! The pork chop (suggested by our waitress) was an excellent choice...delicious. The filet steak which I had was cooked perfectly and it melted in my mouth! It was a totally wonderful dining experience. Kudos, especially, to our knowledgeable and attentive waitress.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MWonayVIPDined on 6/15/2014As always, 5 stars across the board! I had a taste for a skirt steak and theirs is from Niman Ranch. We both ordered the skirt steak and after a while the waitress returned with apologies that they had no skirt steak. Please pick another steak. I asked if they were going to charge us for the skirt steak because the other steaks were twice the price and she said NO, we are going to comp both your steaks and would you like to add a Lobster Tail also comp'd? Amazing! We had Delmonico Bone-In Ribeye steaks with the best lobster tail I have ever had on the side! We Love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We visited the restaurant last year and had a good experience. This visit was disappointing. The buffet was out of plates, bacon, syrup and pastry all at once with no one nearby to replace it. We told our server who brought croissants from downstairs in an effort to rectify the situation. This was at 10am. That's inexcusable.I don't think I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone again.Special Features:
- Sam and Harry's does it again!Weluv2dineDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I enjoy going out to dinner and visiting Sam and Harry's. We usually go there for special occasions and this was for our 15th wedding anniversary. The food is excellent and we love the ambience and atmosphere, especially the bar and our favorite bartender, Michael. Keep doing what you're doing and we'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- BarbaraDined on 6/7/2014The décor and ambiance is fabulous. I was disappointed in the meal. The Delmonico steak had a layer of fat that needed to be cut out. The sautéed mushrooms were virtually tasteless. The best part of the meal were the carrot cake donut holes.Special Features:
- AwesomeLuv2eatDined on 5/26/2014Just an awesome experience every time I come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDinneroutDined on 5/23/2014Our visit to Sam and Harry's was for our anniversary. Drinks, dinner, wine recommendation and service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyLeeVIPDined on 5/20/2014Best service ever, wonderful food!!!!! We love this place!Special Features:
- Sometimes Change is not Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014I have been to Sam and Harry's since they opened. It has been a few years since the last visit and thought this would be a great place to celebrate my daughter's 21St birthday. For four people ( 6 drinks ) my bill was 400.00, I would not have minded if the food was good. The order we had included two of the most exspensive steaks on the menu and they were horrible, large chucks of fat, I ordered it medium and it came out almost raw! We had also ordered crab cakes in the beginning and they wheer the size of two quarters. What ever changes were made were not for the best!!!
- Dinnerlove2eatoutDined on 5/14/2014We've been to Sam & Harry's for lunch and that was really good. So we decided to try it for dinner to celebrate a special occasion. The crab cakes were outstanding but the dinner was just "good." We felt the menu was pretty limited and VERY expensive. For the price the food needs to be outstanding.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchSueBinIllinoisDined on 5/11/2014Food quality was very good, however, we were seated in the snack bar for the brunch. Maybe they should not have taken on so many reservations? We were disappointed in the seating otherwise was good. Felt like we were overcharged due to the seating situation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Was a Hit!KleemanimalDined on 5/11/2014We indulged in the Mother's Day brunch and had a fabulous meal. There was great variety and superb desserts. The staff there could not have been more pleasant. Looking forward to our return.Special Features:
- FineDiningDinningAdultDined on 5/10/2014First time at S&H Adult Friendly u can Bring the Kids but Y? Steaks were excellent. Outstanding atmosphere. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.