Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg
1551 North Thoreau Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.samandharrys.com/
- Phone: 8473034050x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Saturday - Friday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Lerner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party rooms available for up to 28 guests. Accommodations can be made for larger parties. Please contact Christina Claveria for details.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Claveria 8473034013x
- Entertainment: Enjoy our Summer Music Series on our Terrace. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 7-9.
- Special Events: Chef's table available for up to 8, private dining room available for up to 28 people and semi-private dining available for up to 75 people.
A word from Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg
Sam and Harry's is a progressive steak house offering wet aged prime beef in an elegant yet comfortable setting. In addition to prime beef Sam and Harry's has an aggressive fresh seafood menu which changes daily. Only seafood that is day boat sourced and flown in daily is offered. Sam and Harry's also boasts a 300 wines spanning 9 countries around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)romantic (16)notable wine list (10)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (8)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful service & great foodJoep63VIPDined on 9/12/2014We were greeted like one of the famous people who have signed menus on the back wall. We did not make the cut but but felt like they were ready to hand us the magic marker. Our table was fine. My wife could not decide oa wine so they brought a couple of sample glasses for her to try. She loves eggplant and there was an eggplant pasta she had and loved. My steak was cooked perfectly. Could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As alwaysmeng1110pcsDined on 9/10/2014It's hard to find quality restaurants with ambiance such as this out in the suburbs. The pricing is not bad at all and I am most definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Schaumburg gemTonyDined on 9/7/2014This is a great restaurant to celebrate special occasions, or to serve as a night out location with good friends. The atmosphere is very modern, with outstanding and varied food selections, wonderful wines, quiet setting with non-rushed but focused service. We spent nearly three hours enjoying our dinner with friends, and did not even realize that amount of time had passed. Just a great place in Schaumburg!Special Features:
- Galway ChicagogalwaychicagoVIPDined on 9/3/2014I was at the hotel for business. The restaurant is outstanding. We had the filet mignon and crab cakes and they were delicious. The filet was cooked just right and was extremely tender. There is a nice expansive view in the restaurant as well, which is hard to find in the burbs. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itdiner1Dined on 8/29/2014Steakhouses are usually expensive but worth it. This one not so much. Not only did I never receive my lobster bisque (I made sure we weren't carved for it) but my boyfriend ordered a lobster tail and received a crab cake. It was a lot of commotion to get the lobster tail and it was finally brought to us when he was done with his meal. They kept saying it was a miscommunication with the chef. I always order my steak medium rare but that piece was under cooked which made it really tough to cut. There was definitely passive aggressive behavior between the staff which made it uncomfortable for us as we were the only ones there.Special Features:
- great food, great timeAngeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Couldn't have asked for a more perfecr evening. Our food, our server and the ambiance were perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent, But Not Worth the PriceCatsafaeDined on 8/9/2014The Parmesan crisps and the rolls were delicious. The iceberg wedge was on the small side, but also good. The steak was more than I pay for an entire meal elsewhere and came with no sides. It was very good, but not to the level I'd expect at that price. The waitress was attentive and brewed a fresh pot of decaf for me, plus gave me enough cream for my coffee, which is a rare and wonderful thing. Dessert was very artfully presented and sparse -- the "Chocolate cake" would have been better named "Bite-sized cake cubes."Special Features:
- Didn't enjoy this time.annietDined on 8/8/2014We have been coming for a few years now but for the first time was truly disappointed. We ordered off the three course menu and had the steak and it was not good, besides the waitress gave my grandaughter the wrong steak. My daughter loves your establishment so I thought I would treat her along with my grandaughters and myself, but we were talking about trying another restaurant outside of the hotel.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2014bread was delicious. this was a high priced restaurant, but not sure the food is at a high priced level. Not bad, but not great.
- expensiveeat7Dined on 7/29/2014Food was pretty good, but it is very expensive for what you get. My pork chop was too fatty as well. Good service and ambiance though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComCDinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Elegant atmosphere, relaxing, pleasant service and good food.Special Features:
- Hidden gemHonestDinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014A nice restaurant hidden in the suburbs. Great attentive service and surprisingly modern and spacious ambience. The steaks were well cooked. The mashed potatoes were smooth. The desserts were the true winners. The deconstructed strawberry cheesecake is worth going back for. It was so unexpected. Not to be missed! The key lime pie was pretty good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014Really enjoyed the experience, great ambiance, beautiful setting, great outdoor views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for special occasionsGrandybDined on 7/13/2014Every year one of my sons gives me a Sam and Harry's gift certificate. I always look forward to receiving it. This year we saved it and went with friends to celebrate my friend Martha 's birthday. This was really 2 gifts to me. one gift - the gift certificate. The second gift - giving the gift of a wonderful dinner to my friend for her birthday celebration! Who could ask for more!Special Features:
- SigsusDined on 7/5/2014The waitress explained to us what we wanted from the menu.It was very good!We started with calamari as appetizer, kids order steak which was very good,husband ordered fish and I ordered braised beef which was very tender. Overall,we are very satisfied with what we order.Dessert was to die for which was something with chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor quality beefIndydinerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Service was excellent steak was cooked perfectly. The bone in ribeye $45 was the poorest grade if meat I've ever eaten. I've had much better beef from a grocery store. This was not prime and to pass it off as prime is larcenous. I cut up 3 /4 of the steak and gave it to my dog. He doesn't care how tough the meat is ! Went to mortons the next day and had the same steak it was perfect
- Excellent restaurantAplusplaceDined on 6/28/2014We are not used to a "hotel restaurant" that serves such great food and wonderful service! The pork chop (suggested by our waitress) was an excellent choice...delicious. The filet steak which I had was cooked perfectly and it melted in my mouth! It was a totally wonderful dining experience. Kudos, especially, to our knowledgeable and attentive waitress.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MWonayVIPDined on 6/15/2014As always, 5 stars across the board! I had a taste for a skirt steak and theirs is from Niman Ranch. We both ordered the skirt steak and after a while the waitress returned with apologies that they had no skirt steak. Please pick another steak. I asked if they were going to charge us for the skirt steak because the other steaks were twice the price and she said NO, we are going to comp both your steaks and would you like to add a Lobster Tail also comp'd? Amazing! We had Delmonico Bone-In Ribeye steaks with the best lobster tail I have ever had on the side! We Love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We visited the restaurant last year and had a good experience. This visit was disappointing. The buffet was out of plates, bacon, syrup and pastry all at once with no one nearby to replace it. We told our server who brought croissants from downstairs in an effort to rectify the situation. This was at 10am. That's inexcusable.I don't think I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone again.Special Features:
- Sam and Harry's does it again!Weluv2dineDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I enjoy going out to dinner and visiting Sam and Harry's. We usually go there for special occasions and this was for our 15th wedding anniversary. The food is excellent and we love the ambience and atmosphere, especially the bar and our favorite bartender, Michael. Keep doing what you're doing and we'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- BarbaraDined on 6/7/2014The décor and ambiance is fabulous. I was disappointed in the meal. The Delmonico steak had a layer of fat that needed to be cut out. The sautéed mushrooms were virtually tasteless. The best part of the meal were the carrot cake donut holes.Special Features:
- AwesomeLuv2eatDined on 5/26/2014Just an awesome experience every time I come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 432 reviews are from the Sam and Harry's - Renaissance Schaumburg reviews archive.
- ExceptionalDinneroutDined on 5/23/2014Our visit to Sam and Harry's was for our anniversary. Drinks, dinner, wine recommendation and service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyLeeVIPDined on 5/20/2014Best service ever, wonderful food!!!!! We love this place!Special Features:
- Sometimes Change is not Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014I have been to Sam and Harry's since they opened. It has been a few years since the last visit and thought this would be a great place to celebrate my daughter's 21St birthday. For four people ( 6 drinks ) my bill was 400.00, I would not have minded if the food was good. The order we had included two of the most exspensive steaks on the menu and they were horrible, large chucks of fat, I ordered it medium and it came out almost raw! We had also ordered crab cakes in the beginning and they wheer the size of two quarters. What ever changes were made were not for the best!!!
- Dinnerlove2eatoutDined on 5/14/2014We've been to Sam & Harry's for lunch and that was really good. So we decided to try it for dinner to celebrate a special occasion. The crab cakes were outstanding but the dinner was just "good." We felt the menu was pretty limited and VERY expensive. For the price the food needs to be outstanding.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchSueBinIllinoisDined on 5/11/2014Food quality was very good, however, we were seated in the snack bar for the brunch. Maybe they should not have taken on so many reservations? We were disappointed in the seating otherwise was good. Felt like we were overcharged due to the seating situation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Was a Hit!KleemanimalDined on 5/11/2014We indulged in the Mother's Day brunch and had a fabulous meal. There was great variety and superb desserts. The staff there could not have been more pleasant. Looking forward to our return.Special Features:
- FineDiningDinningAdultDined on 5/10/2014First time at S&H Adult Friendly u can Bring the Kids but Y? Steaks were excellent. Outstanding atmosphere. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2014The food, service and atmosphere was really outstanding. Our entrees (steak, lobster, salmon) were prepared perfectly and really delicious.for dessert, the deconstructed strawberry cheesecake was exceptional. The carrot cake donuts were just okay. The space is beautiful. It was a Saturday night, so it was really empty, but that just made it more conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Ok food slow serviceWigsDined on 5/1/2014Our second visit. It was 7:30 on a Thursday. Two groups total 25 and our 4. Seemed like one sever on the floor Kitchen was slow, server disappeared. With the huge high ceiling space is empty it is depressing. We might give them one more try at a brunch but not for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Best Service and Ambience2foodiesVIPDined on 4/24/2014If you are looking excellent service and the perfect ambience for a relaxing dinner, Sam & Harry's fits the bill. Although pricey, it's worth it! The salmon portion was small, but so delicious. We were a little disappointed with the donut dessert and the key lime pie, though. They didn't match the quality and fresh taste of the rest of the food. Still, we will be back soon.Special Features:
- Good for holiday brunch...BrunchVIPDined on 4/20/2014Even better for dinner. Brunch buffet is delicious, but it's a buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Everything was just ok. For the money I would Have liked it to be great.
- High End Food - Hotel ExperiencejustinjamzDined on 4/12/2014The food was top notch. I thought the pricing was high compared to the portion sizes I'm accustomed to at other high end steak houses. The wedge salad was carved from a baby head of lettuce but the calamari was large enough for 2 people. Things that distracted me from the experience: the draft beer i was served was not cold, it tasted about 45 degrees and i had to ask for a new one, which they just served in a colder glass. The other thing that happened was after the appetizers, they cleared the table of everything, including bread, silverware, bread plates and all. I had to ask if we could please keep the bread on the table. They had to reset the table after we were served the main course. Overall though it was a good experience though.Special Features:
- Great place and food need more helpAndrewDined on 3/22/2014Terrific food and beautiful layout. The manager needs to hire moe e help or better design the wait staffs seating flow. Our server was all over the restaurant with the tables she was responsible for and at times seemed overloaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet eveningFullVIPDined on 3/19/2014We had dinner one evening and really had a wonderful meal. The service was exceptional and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Place to DineBigBearFanDined on 3/18/2014Went here for my 25th anniversary, there were 6 of us and we all had great food and the surroundings were wonderful along with very attentive service. The food was very good and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Time!RoverDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I always enjoy Sam and Harry's. This time we dined with another couple and we were not disappointed. Wonderful service, great steak, full wine list and nice presentation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDavosDined on 3/8/2014This is a great place for good food and drinks. It is a nicely nestled within the Renaissance Hotel with other entertainment options available. We had the salmon and halibut which were well prepared. The wine list is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.