Saly G's Mountaintop Grill
169 Washington Valley Rd.
Warren, NJ 07059Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Saly G's Mountaintop Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salygsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7326677400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Gramaglia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire about catering options.
- Entertainment: Call for entertainment schedule.
A word from Saly G's Mountaintop Grill
A Dining Experience you will always remember. Our elegant dining room as well as our fully stocked bar will give you the opportunity to either enjoy A romantic evening or have a great drink in a great atmosphere. We have it all from the best burger around to our Certified Black Angus steaks. We offer an Italian-American style cuisine with all your favorite dishes, also our mouthwatering dinner specials will be another great addition to your choices. Our wine selection is also one of our great features. We are sure you will be back for more!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saly G's Mountaintop Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Hidden GemKozaamDined on 7/31/2014I have lived in the area for 15 years but never knew about Saly G's. It is hidden behind a strip mall but definitely worth finding it. I had the seafood fra diavolo and my wife had the lamb chop, both were excellent. The waiters were very responsive and knowledgeable. Overall, great experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- Good food, Terrible Serviceterrible4everVIPDined on 7/28/2014Memo to the owner, First time at your place. Food is outstanding. However, Please train your waiters to inform customers about specials. Have them explain that you have a buffet, a great buffet. It really sucks to order food at 11:45 AM to find out minutes that a buffet is available at noon. Waiter was not in sink wit a 17 dollar plate for lunch. You need to do better than someone who thinks customer service is not his job. Overall, we liked the food but that is not good enough to make us come back. People is what make the experience and not the food only.Special Features:
- Overpriced retroLuv2dineDined on 7/27/2014Food was overpriced and average. Service was robotic. Music was bad...old, old Vegas.
- Some fantastic fooddmcintyre214VIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our 4th or 5th visit to Saly G's, and the food this time was the best so far. Two of our three main courses were close to the best we've had. My son's filet mignon was one of the nicest pieces of meat I've ever seen, and it was cooked perfectly. He had part of it the next day for a snack and it was fantastic. My own chicken milanese was the best of that dish I've had. Chicken was super thin with a light, super crispy crust and a very nice salad. Fantastic. Service was professional as always. This is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Attentive - Good foodBahHummbugVIPDined on 6/20/2014Enjoyed a graduation luncheon for 12 recently, service was excellent and food delicious. Making the best of location, good value.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2014Can't believe we've lived in the area for so long and never went here! Amazing food amazing service. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICluvdiningDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and 3 kids to Saly G's for lunch this past mothers day. It has great food in a fantastic atmosphere with a pretty big bar and thats the first thing you see when you walk through those front doors. there wasnt that many people there that day for lunch.......which is good i guess. nice and quiet. but the bad thing about it...... It made my kids sound extra loud..... LOL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality menu and ambienceNYCcommuterDined on 5/10/2014Classy interior and well thought through menu. Not at all indicated by its exterior since it is housed in a building that looks a bit too commercial to be a proper restaraunt. But the service and presentation showed effort. There are also some options to let you try the place at a lower price point or for your pre-teen/ teen eg $12 burger). We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Saly G's Mountaintop Grill reviews archive.
- Peter33410Dined on 4/30/2014Party of six. I shared there steak for two with my wife and it was cooked perfect. I tasted the veal chop and it was off the charts. We all had a pasta course and it was also cooked perfect. We enjoyed a bottle of Caymus and they decantered it. I was very impressed with there wine list and very reasonable pricing. The Chef Joey came out to make sure everything was prepared to our liking. I think he is the owner. Everyone was very friendly and we are going back this weekend for there live music night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitbirdsthewordVIPDined on 4/26/2014The eggplant tapenade was delicious, as was the grilled octopus appetizer. Tri colore salad was colorful and presented nicely on whole leaf radicchio. Pappardelle bolognese was cooked perfectly, but lacked flavor. The grilled seafood platter over escarole was a bit disappointing, except for the shrimp, the baby octopus and whole tube calamari were extremely chewy. Dessert plate of 2 cannoli, crispy shell with fresh stuffed ricotta cream, was very enjoyable. One server Wil, was very congenial and engaging and he made our visit a pleasant one. Outside of Wil, we noticed a lack of presence in the dining room. The hostess was friendly but she was not a substitute for a maitre d'.
- 1st visitFoodieNJDined on 4/26/2014Great food,nice bar scene. We live close by so we'll be back. Don't let the location fool you.Special Features:
- Perfect as always!Njdiner1Dined on 4/9/2014Third visit here in 3 weeks and it was another perfect night! Service great, atmosphere perfect, food fantastic! I had the whole branzino which was plated to perfection and he had the pork chops special another hit! Saly g has become one of our favorite places to dine! We will be away this upcoming week but will be back with our family for their Easter Sunday fixed menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, location unexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The reviews left here were on point! We stopped and had a couple drinks at the bar before eating. The wine pour was large and the house pinot noir was very good. We had the Kickin Calamari as an appetizer which I would highly recommend. It was a great blend of a sweet and mildly spicy/sour sauce mixed in with the perfectly crispy calamari. For dinner I had a special, tagliatelli pasta with broccoli rabe and sausage with a light garlic and oil sauce. Everything was cooked well and the flavors were very tasty. My husband had the pork loin special stuffed with cranberries, served with potatoes. He really enjoyed his as well. I absolutely recommend this place and will be back.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food . EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014We enjoyed the food . Everything was done perfectly and was enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2014If you haven't been to Saly Gs yet, you need to get there ASAP! The resturant truely is a diamond in the rough, due to it's not so nice location. Regardless of the location, the food was outstanding and the service was on point. I started with a half order of the cavatelli and pot cheese and it was delicious. For dinner I ordered the Mahi Mahi, which was perfectly cooked and tasted out of this world! I would highly recommend this for anyone interested in eating at Saly Gs. Lastly, for dessert I ordered the waffle with vanilla gelato and Nutella. OMG!! Is all I have to say!!! Overall the restaurant was fantastic, the food was amazing and I will be returning to Saly Gs again without a doubt!Special Features:
- Second time was even better!Njdiner1Dined on 3/25/2014This was our second visit to Saly G and once again it was amazing! The service was outstanding and the food was so delicious, we started with the grilled octopus which was so tender and also the giant stuffed artichoke! for entrees we had the mahi mahi and the tbone lamb chop special and they were both outstanding! For dessert we had this homemade waffle with nutella and vanilla gelato and let me say it was seriously delicious! As our night was winding down the chef came to the dining room and greeted every table which ive never seen before, a nice touch! The first time we came to saly g it wasnt to busy but this time it was a packed house and still great food and service! We cant wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceEricVIPDined on 3/21/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much, although the service could have been better. The wait staff was attentive early on, but by the end of the evening they seemed overwhelmed. For local residents, Sali G's offers a good alternative to the Italian fare offered by most other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailDined on 3/14/2014I had a birthday dinner her were with my son and future daughter-in-law. The food was outstanding. The wine choices were excellent. You must try "The Meatball" from the appetizer menu, it's a meal in and of itself -- delicious.Special Features:
- Saly G a hide a waymomadriveDined on 3/8/2014What a delightful find in Warren! The chef is friendly and comes to your table t make sure you are satisfied. The maitre'de is excellent. Jis suggestins fit the bill A wonderful way to spend time with friends and loved ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot wait to return!Njdiner1Dined on 2/25/2014As we pulled up to Saly Gs we were a little thrown off as it's not the best location in town, but once we walked in it was gorgeous! We made a reservation on a Tuesday night so it wasn't to busy just a few table but everything was so yummy! Our waiter was so helpful as he told us All the specials of the evening and also told us that if there was something special we would like off the menu that they would do there best to accommodate us! anyway we started with the buratta special over toasted crostini, TO DIE FOR, then the waiter recommended us to try a pasta, delicious again for entree I had branzino and my boyfriend had a bone in ribeye! Everything was perfect we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExpierenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014Came here for dinner with my boyfriend, were greeted by our waiter Tim. He gave us a list of wine specials and the dinner specials, made ordering quick and simple. I had the braized short ribs, and my boyfriend had the Chilean sea bass. The food was cooked to perfection and very flavorful. For dessert we had the lava cake topped with vanilla ice cream. Would recommend this resturaunt to anyone looking for a great place to eat and a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed experienceCameronVIPDined on 11/23/2013I had been to Sally G's a while ago and had a fairly nice experience. This time was a very mixed experience. It took a little while for a server to come over, but when he did, was very helpful. His name is Timothy. Someone else took the food order, and my ahi tuna came overdone. It did not dawn on me until I started eating it that I was never asked how I wanted it cooked. It was beyond well done. Our original server expressed concern and offered to buy desserts. The kitchen was out of the only dessert that interested me. So dinner was a mixed experience. However, I could not recommend the restaurant based on the fact that a DJ started playing around 9AM in the bar area. It was very loud and made conversation very difficult.
- MSMA Moms and Dad take on Saly GLauraVIPDined on 10/19/2013We had a great time. Loved our waiter. Food was great. First time for three of the couples. They will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemEricDined on 9/13/2013This was my first time here at Saly Gs and let me tell you WOW! when were first pulled in the exterior was not what I expected not to appealing but from the moment we walked in we were amazed. It was a beautiful place and the staff was so nice greeting us and offering us a drink at the bar while we waited for our table. The waiter was so attentive and verbalized specials to us which was nice, the apps were so good and our entrees were even better, I had a pasta dish that was a home run and my wife had the snapper special which was mouth watering. At the end of our meal the I believe the chef/owner Joe came up to us to great us and then sent us a fresh fruit platter welcoming us to the restaurant for the first time. I cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- Nice placeTomlDined on 9/7/2013It is a little off the beaten path, not being in the center of town. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Our meals were delicious. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andenjoysgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2013The food was delicious and the head waiter was very attentive, great customer service. The only complaint would be the bartender, she took our coffee and dessert order and had a bit of an attitude. Otherwise great night out with great food. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find but worth it!JerseyGirlDined on 1/13/2013I was a little hesitant when we drove up; it's located on the backside of a strip mall, so you have to search to find it. We went for dinner and it was pretty much empty. The food however, was REALLY good. It was a tiny bit on the pricy side, BUT it's comparable for the better restaurants in the area. The biggest detraction from Saly G's is the location! You have no idea what you're walking in to! I would go back though next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food was outstandinDiner44VIPDined on 1/12/2013The service and food was outstanding. We had a party of seven. Six adults and a 1 year old. The made the dining experience great and there freindly staff will make me return on more occasions.Special Features:
- our expectation were low seeingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/27/2012our expectation were low seeing it from the outside but we were positively surprised: good quality food and friendly staff.Special Features:
- I had dinner on a Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012I had dinner on a Friday night with some friends and when we arrived they had live entertainment. We thought it would be great to have live music until we couldn't hear each other speak. The volume was quite annoying and looked forward to the end of every song in order to get a break of the loud noise. The most notable part of our dinner was the service. The waiter was very polite, accommodating, and had an excellent sense of humor. The food was very good but I was somewhat disappointed with the chocolate cake. The decor and ambiance was very enjoyable! I may return on a night without live music.Special Features:
- Worth a night outNYCcommuterDined on 9/29/2012Very nice interior despite industrial exterior. Opens into a bar with a lounge to the left and a dinner area to the right. Muted, swanky tones with nice lighting and light fixtures. Bar that makes you want to order a martini. Specials list was long and varied and menu had many options. Many solid options for seafood or pasta entrees in the $20s. Steak in the $30s. We were very happy with our apps and entrees. Roasted pepper polenta, crab cakes, and Lobster ravioli were hits. Nice (but pricey) wine list. Can be balanced with an $11 blue cheese burger (well prepared). Staff was attentive but could use some consistency in approach (overlap model used). Also, ice cream and distance from bar a plus for those without a sitter.Special Features:
- The food was adequate. TheJerryTheKVIPDined on 9/21/2012The food was adequate. The service seemed very slow. The waiter was enjoying himself talking to a table of people he obviously knew while we were waiting for him to attend to us a few times through the night.
- My husbands scallop appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2012My husbands scallop appetizer was delicious. He also had the seafood fra diablo which was great like all the italian food prepared there. I had the rack of lamb which was incredible. It was cooked perfectly and had just the right seasoning. I can't wait to go back to try different things on the menu.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2012We enjoyed our dinner. The restaurant was a pleasant surprise, like a NYC-qulaity restaurant right here in the neighborhood. The food was excellent, and the choices great. Our service was very friendly. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Tucked away, off the mainMikeKVIPDined on 8/10/2012Tucked away, off the main road, we had a bit of an issue finding this place. Once we did, we had a perfectly acceptable meal.
- Food was very good, but aameliasgrandmaVIPDined on 7/9/2012Food was very good, but a bit pricey. I wanted a drink and they went out of their way to be sure it was made the way i wanted, and it was just right. Service was prompt, and accurate, an improvement from previous visits.Special Features:
- Real Italian American FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012As a second generation Italian American I really love the idea of combining the two cuisines in one restaurant. It seems so obvious since most Itialian Americans I know eat that way at home. What red blooded American doesn't like a good burger? What Italian American doesn"t enjoy Mom's Sunday gravy with meatballs & sausage? Answers, none. So if you enjoy either and allot of other classics from both cuisines this place is for you. They do both cuisines extremely well, the service was fantastic and the owner Sal and his son are the real deal. Sal was born in Italy and came to America to make good for himself and his family. His son is the first generation Italian American chef who brings the idea to life on your table. Bravo!Special Features:
- This is a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012This is a great place to dine at. The location is not the best spot.Special Features:
- One of the best in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012One of the best in the area and there are many restaurants within walking distance of this area. Great food food for a great price. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Calamari special was inedible.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2012Calamari special was inedible. I kept getting grit like sand and had to return the dish to get a different meal. The Calamari was not cleaned properly. The manager comes to the table to tell me “Calamari is a delicacy and it is an acquired taste.” In other words, F U there was nothing wrong with the dish. My retort was I enjoy Calamari but not when I am eating sand. This resturant does not have very good customer service. I have had Calamri many times in the past and I love it prepared many different ways. I must say we had an excellent waiter who was very attentive.