545 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salvatoresrestaurants.com/washington-street/
- Phone: 6175425555x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:00am – 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Salvatore's-Theater District
With 5 locations in and around Boston, Salvatore’s is the destination for the best Italian food outside the North End. Salvatore’s Restaurants was created by Sal Lupoli, known for his Sal’s Pizza empire, and is the result of Sal’s and his undying passion for high quality, authentic cuisine at an unbeatable value. Unlike the pizza stores, Salvatore’s is a full service restaurant complete with private dining rooms, full bar and a warm ambiance reminiscent of the Lupoli family’s Italian roots. Situated directly between the Opera House and Paramount Theater, Salvatore’s features classic menu favorites as well as Express Dining options for guests with limited time to make the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salvatore's-Theater District reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- good food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014My second time at Salvatore's and very pleased. Both times I had dinner before the theatre and both meals were exceptional. Waiters are attentive but allow you to relax and enjoy your meal. Wine list is very good. Best of all, you're @ the theatre on time without feeling rushed through dinner.Special Features:
- Menu clarificationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We dined on Saturday and was told they only offer the Dinner menu on Saturdays all day. We were very excited for lunch as we had a reservation at 12:15pm. They should note that the lunch menu is not served on Saturdays somewhere on their website or when you make a reservation. Stuff like this is very annoying, especially when your someone (like me) who plans in advance for mostly everything.Special Features:
- LunchCocoDined on 9/3/2014A friend at work told me about this place. So a friend and I went for lunch and it was Delicious!!! The service was Great!!! This is going to be our new go to for lunch and dinner. Thank you!Special Features:
- Disappointed with an old favoritebrunchDined on 8/31/2014I used to live in Boston and was excited to go back to Sal's, one of my favorites. Sadly, I was disappointed with our dinner and embarrassed that I brought my friends there. For drinks, one friend wanted a beer, but after picking about four off the menu (none of which they had), he asked what they DID have and settled for that. For food, we didn't even need to look at the menu. We ordered a signature salad and small buffalo chicken pizza (my two faves). I was SO disappointed when the $9 salad portion had been reduced in size, and the pizza they CALL "buffalo chicken" was now made with sriracha and teriyaki. I don't know what happened to this place over the past year, but I now understand why we were some of the only people there.
- DisappointedPumaDined on 8/30/2014We had an excellent experience at Salvatores in Lawrence, so we thought this would also be great. Outside of the appetizers the food was lacking flavor. It was just simply ok, and since it was for my wife's birthday, we were very disappointed.
- Fairly average but overpricedeater123Dined on 8/30/2014We had a six person group. We ordered a couple of appetizers which were both decent: Arancini and garlic Bread. We also ordered Pizza which was quite doughy. Okay food but felt it was overpriced for the quality.
- slow serviceTrainerTVIPDined on 8/20/2014There were three tables occupied and one person sitting at the bar...but yet it took at least 5 minutes to get a hostess to greet me and show me to a table. I saw a family come in shortly after I did and they had to wait to be greeted too. Food was pretty good...not much to get excited about. There was a bread plate on the table when I sat down...but no bread was ever brought to the table. The bathroom floor in the ladies room was wet...actually looked like the sewer had backed up. Location was great if you are seeing a show, but I recommend allowing a couple of hours to allow for their slow service. I would not return.
- Great food, ok serviceKM714Dined on 8/16/2014I always love the food at Salvatore's. It's easy for everyone in the group to find something they enjoy, and I've never had a bad meal. However, it took us over 20 minutes to get our drinks, and the food was slow to come out, and we were one of only 4 tables in the restaurant. I'm not sure if this is typical of this location, or it was just an off day. We were heading to a show, and started to get stressed that our meal wouldn't come in time for us to eat and get to the show. We allowed an hour and a half for the visit, and it took all of that. I'd go back and give it another chance because the food is so delicious, but I was disappointed in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I were excited to come to Salvatore's but we ended up being disappointed. The restaurant was practically empty when we got there but we had to wait at the hostess desk because the manager was talking. Once seated, it took about ten minutes for the waitress to come over. We ordered right away because we had to catch a movie. Our food took over a half hour to get to us and it was cold. At this point we just wanted to leave and make sure we caught our movie so we just paid our bill and left. We wont be returning.
- so good,had to come back!madmakDined on 7/25/2014It was so good, we came back for more! This time we got the margerita pizza ,they have two sizes 12inch or 19inch. Thin crispy crust, it was delicious. And my server , told me about the brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 11-3pm, hmmm I'll definitely have to check it out. Im a sucker for mamosas & french toast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Parm is Ahhhhmazzzinggg!!madmakDined on 7/24/2014If you don't try Salvatores on Washington St ,youre seriously missing out on great food,friendly staff . Oh and the wine list has something for everyone's taste!!! I had the stuffed chicken parm,Yes they stuff it with cheese! My friend had the steak tips,they were perfectly cooked medium rare,with fries and cole slaw... I'll be back,and will be telling everyone that they have to eat at Salvatore's! 👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal!lovinlifeDined on 7/20/2014We decided to reserve a table for 6 before going to the Boston Opera House on a Sunday evening because of it's close proximity. No one was disappointed! Everyone ordered a different meal and cocktail. As we usually do, we sampled one another's meal and realized you could order just about anything on the menu and be pleased. We even had dessert! However, I was disappointed with the Cannollis. They lacked flavor and had too much chocolate sauce on the plate. The Salted Caramel Gelato and ice cream sandwiches were good. Dessert portions are big enough to share. Our waiter was knowledgeable, attentive, quick! We would certainly return to Salvatore for another good meal!Special Features:
- Great location for theaterburgafilmsDined on 7/17/2014You cant beat a better location if attending a show at the Paramount theater or the Boston Opera house. We tried the margarita pizza which had a delicious, slightly chewy crust, with a robust tomato sauce. The entree veal Parmesan was enough for two and the pasta was cooked to a perfect "al dente". the whoppie pie dessert was simple, but did the job for a sweet ending. Now for the service...which was a bit lacking. We were greeted at the table with some water immediately but then continued to wait almost 20 minutes to put a drink and appetizer order in. We received out appetizers from a food runner and had time to finish them sitting there with empty glasses and plates waiting. Rest of service just as slow.Special Features:
- LinneaDined on 7/16/2014Food was good, though pretty typical. Forgot our salad, but didn't charge for it. Noise level was high, but mostly bc. of very loud table next to us - totally oblivious that there were others near them. Location couldn't be better to attend Opera House. Would go again.
- Nice place & good food.jenjenDined on 7/16/2014I was 10 minutes lats for my reservation but was seated promptly...I was surprised how close it was to the Opera...next door!! Although the hostess forgot to greet us, or say "thank you" when we were leaving, the food made up for it. It's a shame that she didn't know the importance of her role. Waitress was good. Food arrived within 10 minutes.. I didn't want to eat too heavily before the show so I ordered steak tip salad. So glad that salad was truly romaine...steak was exactly medium the way I requested. It was very good! I would come again but what a difference a great hostess would have made! Their job is not to just sig people!! Theirs are the first face customers see & the last. She saw us leave & didn't day anything...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Salvatore's-Theater District reviews archive.