Salvatore's Ristorante Italiano
9090 Alta Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89145Neighborhood:
Sun Coast Hotel & Casino
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Salvatore's Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://salvatoreslv.com/
- Phone: (702) 636-7111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Charles "Chas" La Forte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Italian specialties as well as a full range of International Cuisines. Chef La Forte has catered to many International celebrities and is nationally acclaimed for his innovative cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms from 45-200 including a poolside chapel and Gazebo for special events, weddings etc.
- Private Party Contact: Chef La Forte 7026367111x559
- Entertainment: Musical and vocal stylings of Phil Baker at the baby grand piano. Phil and his brother were the inspiration for the movie "The Fabulous Baker Boys."
A word from Salvatore's Ristorante Italiano
The 2012 winner of the"Best of Las Vegas" Italian Restaurant! Specializing in classic as well as contemporary Italian Cuisine. Elegant dining at affordable prices make us an easy decision to make when thinking about reservations. Each of our menu items are finished to order and forget about steam tables keeping food hot for hours and hours. Only fresh herbs, imported tomatoes and olive oil are used to finish each dish. Our kitchen staff has worked as a unit for over twenty years guaranteeing the consistency required for repeat dining experiences. Only prime grade meats and poultry are used and we even make our own desserts. Join the locals for our Wednesday Wine madness. Every bottle of wine on our extensive list is half price every Wednesday. Dine amidst the elegance of opulent chandeliers and cherry wood panels complimented with tasteful murals and exquisite art works.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Salvatore's Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (15)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best Italian in Las Vegas!BestItalianDined on 11/18/2014This was my second visit to Salvatore's and they were both "top shelf" experiences. The menu selections are excellent, wine list supurb and the food was incredible. The waitstaff very knowledgeable and professional. Truly a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cr8joycr8joyVIPDined on 11/6/2014classy presentation with a comfy feel. Especially enjoyed the piano player.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What No Lite Beer?bklynbobVIPDined on 10/25/2014I have been to this restaurant a number of times. This was a first. They ran out of almost every light beer. What I don't understand is there is a bar located 50 feet from the restaurant entrance inside the casino. They couldn't buy one & charge me double? I got one from my favorite beverage server when I left. Service wasn't as good as usual. The wait staff seemed more involved with their regular customers then their "occasional ones". Otherwise the food was good. That is something I have never had a complaint about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delicious2enjoyDined on 10/11/2014Great food, wait staff, ambiance, decor, piano player, singer, etc., etc., etc., can't say enough!!! Very beautiful, enjoyable and comfortable restaurant!!!Special Features:
- NoiseHungryGirl13VIPDined on 10/7/2014The entertainment is good, BUT WAY TOO LOUD. Hard to carry on a conversation with your dinner mates. I always request a table away from the music. Food was hot and excellent, that is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentJanek13VIPDined on 9/21/2014Love the steakhouse at Suncoast casino. Gave the Italian a try. Piano bar is waaaay too loud for a restaurant room, maybe if they had a separate lounge area. Service was just ok. Food was only warm and not great. Dozens of better Italian options in Las Vegas
- Wonderful eveningCttwinsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Our server, Lisa was outstanding. The food was excellent and the portions were very generous. The addition of a piano and singer was lovely. The spumoni cake was yummy!Special Features:
- Return Visit (Outstanding)RichDined on 8/20/2014We returned to Salvatore's to celebrate our anniversary and my wife's birthday. This is a wonderful find for anyone looking for an outstanding atmosphere, wonderful gourmet food and unbeatable service. There just are not a lot of these kind of places around. Just plain outstanding in every way!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceHungryGirl13VIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I are regulars at Salvatore's and had out of town friends join us for dinner. The food was EXCELLENT, the service was not up to par with the food. Never saw this server before, maybe he was new I don't really know. We wil make sure not to request "Tony" in our future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL!namazzipDined on 8/14/2014Great Waiters, Wonderful Food, Quiet and Relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itLynnDined on 8/10/2014I happen to think they have the best food around Summerlin area. The Rissoto I had was outstanding. Everyone loved their dinner and the service it incredible always.Special Features:
- The following 61 reviews are from the Salvatore's Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Mostly senior crowdLeslieDined on 7/26/2014I've been to Salvatore's many times. I think I caught them on on off night since they were busier than usual and the service suffered. I like small portions so I usually stick to appetizers and really enjoy their calamari. I've tried several main dishes and they are consistently under flavored for my taste. This is kind of a traditional Italian restaurant and not at all trendy but it's nice to have good service and comfortable booths so it's filled with mostly local seniors. (Hours 4:30PM - 10:00PM)
- Pupp2Dined on 7/26/2014Service was great as usual and the food was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service impeccableLocalsDined on 7/2/2014Lisa waitress the best --- very attentive ... Great for locals and tourists alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casino MagicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014After you get past the smokey casino you enter an enclave of serenity and elegance. This restaurant is classic "old Vegas" style, with great service, excellent and well-prepared menu choices, live entertainment and fair pricing. The wine pours at the small bar and lounge are also ample. Definitely worth a try for a special evening.Special Features:
- If You like Italian food...foodieloversDined on 6/21/2014This Italian restaurant has authentic Italian dishes that are the very best.Special Features:
- HorribleHorrible74Dined on 6/15/2014We had a fathers day dinner 6/15/2014 there.The moment I walked in I knew I chose the wrong resturant. The hostess,bus girl and waitress were impatient and rude. I had the chicken involtini, and it was very dry and salty. My husband had the veal, and he said it was tough. The food was drenched in sauce that you couldnt recongize the food. It was comparable to dennys food.Our waitress and the bus girl had no personality. Unfriendly! I felt rushed and unsatisfied . It was also very noisy there.That was my last visit thereSpecial Features:
- AuthenticLocalsDined on 6/13/2014Fantastic authentic Italian food. Scott and Carlos and Chef were fantastic!Special Features:
- Could not hold a conversationdman627VIPDined on 5/31/2014The food was awesome as usual, but the piano player seemed much too loud and dominated the environment so much that it was impossible to hold a conversation with the other two customers at my table. I don't mind light music in the background, but this was way over the top! Please fix this problem.
- We got a little adventuresomefoodieloversDined on 5/30/2014We ordered items we never had ordered and were delighted. This is an authentic Italian restaurant with great tastes!!Special Features:
- Consistent Fare2PersnicketyDinersDined on 5/29/2014Considering this restaurant is located in a casino off the beaten path, the food is consistently good. Nothing overly fancy and pricing is competitive. Spaghetti with Meatballs is always good. Risotto is good, although slightly "soupy". Service is excellent. We've seen lesser-known celebrities dining here. Tables aren't too close together so there's room for large parties.Special Features:
- Best Italian RestaurantconnieVIPDined on 5/29/2014Room is lovely and one of the Baker Boys plays piano and sings the old standards. On Tuesdays and Thursdays he's joined by a wonderful female singer. The atmosphere is great but the food tops it. Have the mussels and clam starter...the broth is so good you can eat it like soup. Veal piccata is outstanding. Ask for it to be served with a side of angel hair with oil and garlic. Osso Bucco is one of their signature dishes and can't be beat. Great food and a great time.Special Features:
- ExcellenceRichDined on 5/28/2014My wife and I had the pleasure of having dinner at Salvatore's recently. Friends had highly recommended the food there. It was one of the finest dining experiences we have had in a long time. The waitress we had "Lisa" was so good, friendly and very helpful with menu questions. She even went and ask the Chef a question for about one of the dishes, above and beyond service. The general atmosphere including a piano player- singer who should be performing somewhere on stage he was that good. The total experience was one of those that don't come along often and are remembered a long time after. We will go back many times and I would highly recommend Salvatore's to anyone.Special Features:
- Great restaurant off the stripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We found this to be an excellent choice with good pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and enjoy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Love the place- tables are spaced nicely- doesn't feel crowded. Veal was fantastic, and the piano bar is a the perfect touch!Special Features:
- Yummy...Pineapple chess cakeMarchVIPDined on 4/22/2014We tried their yummy pineapple chess cake was excellent. Save some room for it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been going here for years.psugolferDined on 4/10/2014Have been going here for years. The food is excellent. Service is great. Wine is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomecreal21Dined on 4/5/2014Just an amazing place to go on a date Service and food are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Linguine Pescatore isvegasviceVIPDined on 4/4/2014The Linguine Pescatore is a great dish. You can also ask for it to be served without the pasta if you are counting carbs. The sauce can be eaten like a great soup.Special Features:
- Service could have been betterOanaVIPDined on 3/30/2014We went to Salvatore's with my husband's 82 year old mother. The food was nothing special, the service was OK, but when it came time to clear the table, the bus person kept putting her elbow in my husban'd mother's face. She is 82 years old, is 4 ft 11 inches and weighs about 90 lbs. This was a very uncomfortable invastion of her space. It also took 15 minutes to get our check. We finally just left the money on the table and left. As an experience, I would not recommed this restaurant. There are much better choices without looking very far.
- A TreasureplaincookingisbestDined on 3/19/2014Located in the Sun Coast casino, this is a special treasure. Small bar... great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous birthday party1vegasgirlDined on 3/19/2014Held my Mom's surprise 80th birthday party at Salvatore's...what can I say besides....it was fabulous!! Food was exquisite, service was exceptional and the piano player made the entire event very special. Big recommendation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Slow ServicePeteVIPDined on 3/16/2014We enjoyed our dinners. However, the service was slow. (Our waiter appeared to be working hard, but the restaurant may not have had enough staff in attendance to properly serve the customers that night.) Also, we told the hostess that we had reservations, but we later received an email from Open Table asking why we hadn't honored our reservation. (This has been straightened out.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jsut good ItalianexhogheadDined on 3/5/2014The food was fantastic, the Greens and Beans brought me back to my grandmothers cooking on Sundays. The rigatoni was light and the peppers cooked just to perfection, touch of good tasting sausage a plus. The quality of the food for the price is unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of town dinershendersonsueDined on 2/21/2014We have all done the LV Strip - let the kids and tourists have it! For a birthday celebration we choose Salvatore's at the SunCoast. A casino, yes, but the restaurant, food and service is excellent. Martinis from the bar are cold and large. Piano music and singer adds the right ambiance to 4 people who enjoy talking. Booths are wonderful and have done large groups in main dining area. We will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual great food - outstandingmtrockerDined on 2/14/2014As usual great food - outstanding service. Prices are reasonable. if you want a great meal this restaurant is the place to go we will be back.Special Features:
- valentine's datericoDined on 2/14/2014Service was quick and excellent, from the prompt seating to the fast service. Great start to the eveniongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school VegasSugmagbloominVIPDined on 2/7/2014The food, staff and ambience are all amazing!!! I love to bring visiting family and friends here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a specially occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014It was a specially occasion with our daughter who we had not seen in a long time. Food was great. Staff made it specal Especially our waiter Bobby, he was fantastic and he made an effort to add special touches to make the evening fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsVegasdollDined on 2/1/2014Salvatore's cuisine is always superb and so is the service. We generally frequent this restaurant on Wednesdays to take advantage of their half price wine and avoid crowds, but crowds and all the staff was right on it and we had a terrific meal with excellent service despite the standing room only crowd.. If you haven't tried it you are missing out.Special Features: