Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
6461 Transit Rd
Depew, NY 14043Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatores.net/
- Phone: (716) 683-7990
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thomas Diana
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Buffalo catering visit www.salvatores.net to catering all you private and special events.
- Entertainment: Serving only the best quality in Steaks Seafood & Pasta. Salvatore's is the ultimate dinning experience With a team of 17 chefs the menus has a variety of flavors and dishes to accommodate everyone. There is LIVE ENTERTAINMENT every Friday and Saturday for your dancing and listening pleasure. You may request seating for dinner in this area and remain for the evening. These tables are available at the 8pm seating or later
- Special Events: We can cater events all the way from 15 people to 600. With one of the most reputable name in WNY.Salvatore's continues to deliver one of the best overall dinning experiences in the area.
- Cross Street: Genessee Street
- Public Transit: We are 1.2 miles from buffalo international airport BUF. Salvatore's also provides shuttle served to and from any business within a 5 mile radius.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking for all guest. Valet parking is available on Saturdays.
A word from Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
Our team of chefs has put a menu together offers the finest selections in Steaks, Seafood and Italian Cusine. We are also the recipient of the DiRONA award. Our wine spectator award winning wine list has over 300 selectons and is the best in the city. Joe Salvatore his sons Russell Salvatore & Nicholas Salvatore have taken Salvatore's to the next level. We are now noted as Buffalo's only Italian Steakhouse. If your visiting from out of town do not forget to check out Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, it's unique in style. We offer hotel and dinner packages that let you experience the best of both worlds. Remember you can make any day a Salvatore's Day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Depew ›
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)romantic (84)notable wine list (66)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)Show More
- Couldn't have had a better night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014This was my first time at Salvatore's and from beginning to end, I've been completely amazed at my experience. The decorations for Christmas were up and I have never seen such a display! My nieces and nephews were so excited to see the one room done up with the characters from Frozen. The girl at the front desk was warm and welcoming, definitely helped to start the night out on a good note. Ken, our server made us feel right at ease, especially with members in the group having dietary concerns (one being vegetarian and the other gluten free). The atmosphere and the service we received along with the food will definitely have us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Salvatore's!DennisDined on 11/16/2014We dine at Salvatore's two or three times per year. It is always inviting, from the decorations in the lobbies to the hostesses at the check-in desk. Staff was so apologetic too because we had requested a specific waitress and she was no longer working on Sundays. The waiter we had was very attentive and very nice. We missed our usual waitress but Jeff was a good substitution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Our Spot To GoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014We love coming to Salvatore's they always have something new and different I had the tuna my wife had the filet and said it was one of the best she has ever had. Can not wait to go back and pick another of their amazing wines dessert was also a treat. Not sure where else you can go and get funnel cakes! Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timetoukolouDined on 11/15/2014This was our third visit to Salvatore's and it has remained consistently good. From the over the top decor, to the superlative service and very well prepared, presented and generously portioned food and drink, it remains THE place to dine in the area (particularly for special occasions). We actually made the trip from Toronto not because it's the best restaurant we've dined in (though again, it is excellent) but because of the combination of all the things mentioned above. We know our jaw will always drop when we take in the decor and we're guaranteed a fantastic overall experience. Highly recommended for at least one visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our 26 th wedding anniverserymikeDined on 11/15/2014our servers Harry and Eric were great,real gentelmen,food fit for a king and queen,just a perfect nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Dress CodeMrGalaxieDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I were married at this restaurant 11 years ago and have always returned for our anniversary dinners. This year we were dressed up like always (suit for me and a evening dress for my wife) and it was disappointing to see people dining wearing jeans, sneakers and sweatshirts. I cant believe that an establishment that has waiters and waitresses dressed in tuxedos and also serves dishes that cost $90 a plate would allow such apparel to be served. I will not dine in this establishment until a dress code of at least business casual is placed into effect. The table across from us had a group that were all wearing jeans with sneakers and the males had a hoodie on while the other was wearing a Maple Leafs hockey jersey. Nice place but by dismissing the dress code I will also be dismissed from dining at your establishment in the future, so sad........
- My coatnoneDined on 11/13/2014I was a little upset when I was told there was no coat check: to put my coat on the back of my chair, then to find out the coat check in the back was open. I would have walked back there as it was a cold night and I had on a winter coat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Our first visit and definitely not our last. Top notch from start to finish. You made our weekend getaway wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 11/8/2014I was disappointed as the organizer of my Mom's 75th Birthday Bash...After 3 long distance calls, the evening STILL did not turn out as planned!....The person on the phone told us we could bring our own cake, put a sparkler on it and they would serve it... after our entrees, we expected tea and coffee, none offered... waitress came to the table asking if anyone wanted dessert...how awkward! We had to take her aside and tell her about the cake waiting at the front door. THEN it came with a sparkler in a pepper shaker!!!! So STRANGE.... There were 11 in our party for my Mom's 75th Birthday Celebration...those that had the prime rib were full, the rest of us were still hungry...3 of us had the sampler with tortellini which was cold, small piece of beef, which was fine and a nice piece of chicken. The salmon entrees needed seasoning! All in all, it was just OK.
- First time diners1sttimedinersDined on 11/7/2014Salvatore's was everything advertised and more from the coat check to the waiters that filled our water glasses. We would definitely come again and enjoy even more of the chef's expertise. Thankyou for the grand memorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always amazingGoBlueVIPDined on 11/5/2014everytime we go here we are impressed, the service is fantastic and the food is awesome, i cant stop ordering the osso bucca, so tasty!!Special Features:
- Our 40 th anniversaryFirstTimers14086Dined on 11/2/2014My wife and I came to Salvatore's for our 40 th anniversary. We just wanted good food and a quiet place to enjoy the evening. We received both. We both had the Prime Rib and it was tasty and tender. We both thought it was a little pricey but the food and service was very good. One small suggestion would be to offer a variety of vegetables. The meal came with broccoli. Hate say it but most people would prefer something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable eveningNalaDined on 11/1/2014We loved our table location overlooking the main dining area and the dance floor. Service was outstanding as usual. My only disappointment was that the filet mignon was not as juicy and flavorful as usual. A little garnish on the top (like a smoked bacon), or a seared, char-grilled appearance, would have made it more attractive. The tortellini that accompanied the filet had too strong of a basil taste for me, but that could be my own issue. Overall - a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Special Dining OccasionCoachDined on 11/1/2014The dining experience was to celebrate my wife's birthday. Salvatore's is an excellent restaurant for romantic and special dining occasions. The service was excellent. We have gone to Salvatore's for many years to enjoy their prime rib dinners. It is ideal for special occasions and we plan to continue to dine there for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chris I.WoodyDined on 11/1/2014The food and service is the best in Buffalo. Salvatore's is the place if you are looking for fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Ourgroup enjoyed a very good dinner that we all enjoyed. The service was good and we all enjoyed the ambiance as well as the food.Special Features:
- Very nice - I will be back and bring friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Nice menu - wide selection Service - outstanding Ambiance - romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!julesterVIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything was outstanding - from the cocktails at the bar to our meal in the dining room! We chose a great bottle of wine (their wine list is one of our favorites) and our server used their special decanter to make sure it was perfect. Two of us had the colossal lobster tail - 12 ounces - and I couldn't finish mine. They actually had a special lobster tail featured that evening which was even larger! Our other two friends had the veal chop and really enjoyed it too. Service is always attentive, which makes for a memorable evening. The Salvatore Family certainly knows how to drink and dine in style!Special Features:
- AnniversaryLuvshusiVIPDined on 10/24/2014Celebrated our anniversary. Great service and food presentation. Pricey! Ambience is over the top - which is the charm. Classic venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salvatore'schavalaDined on 10/24/2014Old world charm for the 90's. The food is pretty good although I had a horrible shrimp cocktail (frozen farmed shrimp for $17.00) and my partner had a mediocre caesar salad. However I had the flat bread, which was excellent and she had the best lobster bisque she has ever had - which is saying a lot. So overall it's a good place, especially if you are celebrating with your parents.Special Features:
- Great as usualCp2014Dined on 10/23/2014Once again salvatores does not disappoint! Best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Five stars!AztyDined on 10/23/2014Amazing steak! Cooked to perfection. Service was outstanding, huge wine list. I can't say enough good things about salvatores!Special Features:
- Greatest steak I've ever had!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014I had another amazing experience at Salvatore's that I'm still thinking about. As a special they are offering a marble score 7 New York strip Greg Norman Australian Wagyu steak. Yes, Greg Norman is in the beef business and his farms produce some of the best beef on the planet. Just to put this is prospective,USDA prime is equivalent to marble score 3. So this makes this a truly special experience. The steak was majestic.It had a richness and flavor that I had never experienced.Super tender and lush.No one offers a better steak in WNY, maybe the entire state. If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience and special occasion, I highly recommend trying this steak if they still offer it the night you are there. Thank you Salvatore's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightFerrari1368Dined on 10/18/2014We had a short wait for our table, allowing us to grab a glass of wine at the bar. We were called and dinner and evening was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Usual Experience...EmilieCDined on 10/18/2014In the last year my husband and I had started having dinner at Salvatore's (4 times in the last 6 months) and have really enjoyed the food and the service. The restaurant has a nice vibe - dressy but my husband can wear nice jeans. The filet is the best I have ever had (and I make a point to get filet often)! This last time we were in, we were there for over 2 hours. Once our dinners arrived, my husband's filet was cold which was odd since our waiter had just finished telling us the delay was a back up under the broiler. Bummer! We will be back though, we normally have delicious food and enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- NotAFanDined on 10/18/2014Disappointed they no longer off the Dinner for 2 menu, entrees are pricey, salads & all else are ala cart, Prime Rib Dinner was overdone & dry with 6 marble size Yukon potatoes & 4 asparagus, quality was not there, companion dinner was Salavatores Classics entree, that was good.Special Features:
- Next LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Salvatore's really has taken it up a notch we go to both of their restaurants and this one is starting to creep up in a great way on the culinary creative level. They have a spaghetti and meatball which is outstanding now with more italian dishes we are going to be frequent diners here ! KudosSpecial Features:
- Always FantasticBuffaloLaurenVIPDined on 10/15/2014We always have the best service, top quality food and a wonderful time. A must eat at location for locals and visitors. Really one of the best!Special Features:
- WoW, really good food done well !!JoeyGarlicDined on 10/11/2014Oh I love this place. Yes it's pricey but you get wonderful food that is well prepared and presented just great! My table ordered a steak, rack of lamb and the 14oz pork chop along with salads, eggplant appetizers and sausage/spinach breads and everybody raved about both the quality, portion and flavor. About $75 per person with tax/tip not including alcohol. Was treated great from the first person I saw to the end. Bravo !! I'll be back when I want a special meal!!Special Features:
- Great RestaruantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We went there to celebrate a anniversary, the food and service was excellent, we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GunnerDined on 10/7/2014W e chose Salvatore"s for a 80th birthday celebration.They came through with flying color"s . A perfect evening, definately will returne again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In TowndannyZ23Dined on 10/4/2014Salvatores is really doing a great job! They recently updated the menu and the new items and pricing are extremely favorable. We had a mushroom soup, flatbread, Burrata Salad (was to Die for) and a bone in Filet (best i have had all year). I can not say enough good things about Salvatores. My family loves this place! This is a first class spot for a nice dinner and fun night out. Service as always is top notch at Salvatores.Special Features:
- slow service was disappointingLuv2eatoutDined on 10/4/2014Food was great. But took way too long waitress Annie did her best but had way too many tables. Took too long to get drinks etc. She was so busy. 6:30 dinner for 3 of us took until 9:30. .just too long between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectations.GinnyDined on 10/2/2014Salvatore's was recommended on our recent visit to Buffalo. The restaurant has been around for a long time and the decor was a throwback to a more formal dining experience, but we were all disappointed. While the taste of the food was fine, none of it was hot and it did not taste as though it was freshly prepared. The rack of lamb was luke warm, although the flavor was okay. It did not taste fresh and hot, but rather that it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while, as did the other food. I won't describe all the meals, but a couple were sent back to be reheated and were returned with a hot plate, but not hot food. I will say that the manager did come to our table to address our issues and gave us a credit, which we appreciated.
- Salvatore'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I would not recommend this restaurant as the prices are too high and each item is extra. Also, having been there on three different occasions and been charged a dollar extra for the salad and getting the same excuse that they didn't know that. It makes you wonder what else they charge you for and you don't notice. Waitress made the remark to waiter, that oh someone else noticed it. I find that unacceptable.
- Excellent, as alwaysLDW1Dined on 9/29/2014I've been to Salvatore's many times and have never been disappointed. My latest visit was no exception. Food beyond perfect, best service in town, and entire experience was excellent, as always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The foood is high quality and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our stay!!BirthdaydateDined on 9/28/2014We stayed in the Emperor suite, the room was beautiful! It was a very comfortable and clean stay I didn't feel like I had to check under the blankets before I climbed into bed which is always a nice feeling when you're staying at a hotel. Everyone there was very friendly. Overall I don't have any complaints about our stay. We ate at the restaurant my husband got the steak and loved it. I got the chicken but I wasn't crazy about it my husband ended up eating it for a late night snack. Will definitely try something different next time I go.Special Features:
- will not go backDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014It took 2 hours for a salad and meal and the main meal was not very good. We didn't have time to even think about ordering dessert! We paid $57 for a lobster tail that was rubbery and the side was very salty. We paid $42 for the seafood ravioli and the shrimp and 3 oz lobster tail that came with it were extremely rubbery and I would recommend serving this with a sauce of some kind. It was bland and could use that extra something. There were 3 wedding receptions going on and it just seemed the wait staff was overwhelmed. The young gentlemen that were helping the wait staff told seveal tables they were trying to find knives but they were hard to come by. It just wasn't a nice experience and we will not be returning.Special Features:
- loved my experience and will returnluvditallDined on 9/22/2014This was my first time and i loved everything about my experience. The service was amazing, food was spectacular, the atmosphere romantic and classy and the attention to detail immaculate. I would definitely recommend this to my friend. My husband and i plan to make more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.