Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
6461 Transit Rd
Depew, NY 14043Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatores.net/
- Phone: 7166837990
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thomas Diana
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Buffalo catering visit www.salvatores.net to catering all you private and special events.
- Entertainment: Serving only the best quality in Steaks Seafood & Pasta. Salvatore's is the ultimate dinning experience With a team of 17 chefs the menus has a variety of flavors and dishes to accommodate everyone. There is LIVE ENTERTAINMENT every Friday and Saturday for your dancing and listening pleasure. You may request seating for dinner in this area and remain for the evening. These tables are available at the 8pm seating or later
- Special Events: We can cater events all the way from 15 people to 600. With one of the most reputable name in WNY.Salvatore's continues to deliver one of the best overall dinning experiences in the area.
- Cross Street: Genessee Street
- Public Transit: We are 1.2 miles from buffalo international airport BUF. Salvatore's also provides shuttle served to and from any business within a 5 mile radius.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking for all guest. Valet parking is available on Saturdays.
A word from Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
Our team of chefs has put a menu together offers the finest selections in Steaks, Seafood and Italian Cusine. We are also the recipient of the DiRONA award. Our wine spectator award winning wine list has over 300 selectons and is the best in the city. Joe Salvatore his sons Russell Salvatore & Nicholas Salvatore have taken Salvatore's to the next level. We are now noted as Buffalo's only Italian Steakhouse. If your visiting from out of town do not forget to check out Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, it's unique in style. We offer hotel and dinner packages that let you experience the best of both worlds. Remember you can make any day a Salvatore's Day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Depew ›
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (78)notable wine list (57)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Anniversary NightFerrari1368Dined on 10/18/2014We had a short wait for our table, allowing us to grab a glass of wine at the bar. We were called and dinner and evening was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Usual Experience...EmilieCDined on 10/18/2014In the last year my husband and I had started having dinner at Salvatore's (4 times in the last 6 months) and have really enjoyed the food and the service. The restaurant has a nice vibe - dressy but my husband can wear nice jeans. The filet is the best I have ever had (and I make a point to get filet often)! This last time we were in, we were there for over 2 hours. Once our dinners arrived, my husband's filet was cold which was odd since our waiter had just finished telling us the delay was a back up under the broiler. Bummer! We will be back though, we normally have delicious food and enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Disappointed they no longer off the Dinner for 2 menu, entrees are pricey, salads & all else are ala cart, Prime Rib Dinner was overdone & dry with 6 marble size Yukon potatoes & 4 asparagus, quality was not there, companion dinner was Salavatores Classics entree, that was good.Special Features:
- Next LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Salvatore's really has taken it up a notch we go to both of their restaurants and this one is starting to creep up in a great way on the culinary creative level. They have a spaghetti and meatball which is outstanding now with more italian dishes we are going to be frequent diners here ! KudosSpecial Features:
- WoW, really good food done well !!JoeyGarlicDined on 10/11/2014Oh I love this place. Yes it's pricey but you get wonderful food that is well prepared and presented just great! My table ordered a steak, rack of lamb and the 14oz pork chop along with salads, eggplant appetizers and sausage/spinach breads and everybody raved about both the quality, portion and flavor. About $75 per person with tax/tip not including alcohol. Was treated great from the first person I saw to the end. Bravo !! I'll be back when I want a special meal!!Special Features:
- Great RestaruantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We went there to celebrate a anniversary, the food and service was excellent, we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GunnerDined on 10/7/2014W e chose Salvatore"s for a 80th birthday celebration.They came through with flying color"s . A perfect evening, definately will returne again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In TowndannyZ23Dined on 10/4/2014Salvatores is really doing a great job! They recently updated the menu and the new items and pricing are extremely favorable. We had a mushroom soup, flatbread, Burrata Salad (was to Die for) and a bone in Filet (best i have had all year). I can not say enough good things about Salvatores. My family loves this place! This is a first class spot for a nice dinner and fun night out. Service as always is top notch at Salvatores.Special Features:
- slow service was disappointingLuv2eatoutDined on 10/4/2014Food was great. But took way too long waitress Annie did her best but had way too many tables. Took too long to get drinks etc. She was so busy. 6:30 dinner for 3 of us took until 9:30. .just too long between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectations.GinnyDined on 10/2/2014Salvatore's was recommended on our recent visit to Buffalo. The restaurant has been around for a long time and the decor was a throwback to a more formal dining experience, but we were all disappointed. While the taste of the food was fine, none of it was hot and it did not taste as though it was freshly prepared. The rack of lamb was luke warm, although the flavor was okay. It did not taste fresh and hot, but rather that it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while, as did the other food. I won't describe all the meals, but a couple were sent back to be reheated and were returned with a hot plate, but not hot food. I will say that the manager did come to our table to address our issues and gave us a credit, which we appreciated.
- Salvatore'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I would not recommend this restaurant as the prices are too high and each item is extra. Also, having been there on three different occasions and been charged a dollar extra for the salad and getting the same excuse that they didn't know that. It makes you wonder what else they charge you for and you don't notice. Waitress made the remark to waiter, that oh someone else noticed it. I find that unacceptable.
- Excellent, as alwaysLDW1Dined on 9/29/2014I've been to Salvatore's many times and have never been disappointed. My latest visit was no exception. Food beyond perfect, best service in town, and entire experience was excellent, as always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The foood is high quality and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our stay!!BirthdaydateDined on 9/28/2014We stayed in the Emperor suite, the room was beautiful! It was a very comfortable and clean stay I didn't feel like I had to check under the blankets before I climbed into bed which is always a nice feeling when you're staying at a hotel. Everyone there was very friendly. Overall I don't have any complaints about our stay. We ate at the restaurant my husband got the steak and loved it. I got the chicken but I wasn't crazy about it my husband ended up eating it for a late night snack. Will definitely try something different next time I go.Special Features:
- will not go backDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014It took 2 hours for a salad and meal and the main meal was not very good. We didn't have time to even think about ordering dessert! We paid $57 for a lobster tail that was rubbery and the side was very salty. We paid $42 for the seafood ravioli and the shrimp and 3 oz lobster tail that came with it were extremely rubbery and I would recommend serving this with a sauce of some kind. It was bland and could use that extra something. There were 3 wedding receptions going on and it just seemed the wait staff was overwhelmed. The young gentlemen that were helping the wait staff told seveal tables they were trying to find knives but they were hard to come by. It just wasn't a nice experience and we will not be returning.Special Features:
- loved my experience and will returnluvditallDined on 9/22/2014This was my first time and i loved everything about my experience. The service was amazing, food was spectacular, the atmosphere romantic and classy and the attention to detail immaculate. I would definitely recommend this to my friend. My husband and i plan to make more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I took my parents here for their anniversary and we all loved it. We went to the bar before dinner for a great drink. We were seated on time. The service and food were top of the line. The band was excellent making for a great environment. Everything was top shelf. We will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- Great Night Out....foodandfunandfriendsDined on 9/20/2014The outside of Salvatore's might be a little gaudy, but the inside is beautiful. The seasonal decorations are gorgeous and the star lit ceilings and crystal chandeliers sparkle. The noise level was very low where we sat, enabling good conversation. The food was exceptional, as was the service. All four of us were very happy with our food choices. I consider it a "special occasion" restaurant because of the prices, but they do offer different specials on different nights, including a BYOB with no corking fee on Mondays. We enjoyed our night out very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve CStevecDined on 9/16/2014Salvatores has the best steak in Buffalo. The bone in ribeye was so juicy and tender it just melted in my mouth. The wine list is fantastic too. I highly recommend a night out to dine here. Great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salvatores= Perfect NightCM2184Dined on 9/16/2014What can I say about the New Salvatore's Italian Gardens. I guess calling it new would be a little out of the ordinary considering the fact that this beautiful restaurant has been giving me pleasure for years. The big difference that I have noticed throughout the years is the massive additions to there extensive wine list and the amazing quality of prime steaks, seafood and overall great modern menu. The new bartender Tom was very friendly and talented making drinks like a chemist. Like always the food was cooked to perfection, the service was amazing and experience was overall perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Mr Chuck app to start. The shellfish was very fresh and wonderfully sweet. We both ordered the chop salad which was great considering it's made with pancetta and my favorite dressing, Dijon mustard vinaigrette. We opted to share the oxtail ragu with gnocchi as a side dish and both ordered the filet mignon. The ragu was fabulous. It's made with Caymus Cabernet! It was very rich and comforting! The Filets were amazing. For a filet they had tons of flavor and very tender. Eveything went great with the bottle of wine we ordered from their huge wine list. They have something for every pallet. For dessert, homemade chocolate chip cookies and icecream. I also tried the cappuccino el Salvatore. Awesome! Great food. Great service. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...not great serviceOPMomDined on 9/13/2014We had reservations, but still waited 20 minutes for a table...no big deal. We placed our order off the menu, only to hear the table next to us get a specials menu. We were never given nor told about any evening specials. The food was very good. Loved the lobster bisque and steak especially. We were never offered a second glass of wine, nor did the waiter ever check back on us to make sure the meal was fine. I had always had wonderful service in the past here, and this time, they fell short...very short!Special Features:
- Good appetizers, good service, but.KevinMDined on 9/13/2014The room we were in was VERY noisy with a lot of large groups. The appetizers and soup were excellent, our waiter, Ken, was very knowledgable. However, my steak was totally undercooked. When ken walked by and noticed, he insisted on having them fix it. He brought it back and asked me to check it and it was no better. So, once again, he had it "fixed" and it was marginally better. The manager (?) came over and said it was unacceptable that it had to be returned twice and that was all on them. End of story. Not sure I've been in restaurant that didn't do something to try to make up for bringing undercooked food - free dessert, drink, appetizer. Just "it was unacceptable." And for the price you're paying, it sure is!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014It was a anniversary dinner for myself and wife. Service was very slow . Didnot see are waiter for a least 20 min when we arrived . Reviewed are appetizior ten min before we received are main course . Never asked if we waited other glass of wine . Rushed then about are desert and waiter brought the two deserts and then are bill . Took are check never came back at all. All my wife wanted to leave food was good but over all I have think twice on going back.Special Features:
- AwfulExtremelyDissatisfiedDined on 9/13/2014While this may be a "Buffalo staple", I had never been there before my recent trip. And I will never go there again. The service was terrible and the food was not anything worth putting up with it again. We were ignored and forgotten about constantly by our server. It ruined what should have been a special occasion for me and the rest of my party.Special Features:
- Great experienceDinerschoice1Dined on 9/12/2014Everyone from the gentlemen who shuttled us to the restaurant , to the man that greated us when we got in , to our waiters all provided excellent service. We were a party of 18 and they gave us a great table in a private room. The food was great as well! All 18 people were very pleased with their dinner. I will be back and recommending it to others as I am sure my friends will be as well. Thanks For this experience and keep up the good work. See you again soon !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an ExperienceJennyDined on 9/12/2014The food is wonderful but it's so much more than that. It's the ambience, the service and best of all, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatment special occationMakingmemoriesofusDined on 9/11/2014My step daughter always dreamed of dining at Salvatore's. For her 14th birthday her mom and I made her dream come true. She didn't know where we were going for dinner but knew she had to dress nice. When I pulled into the parking lot and said surprise I knew she felt like the princess she was always called. Our waitress Lori was just wonderful and made the birthday girl feel special and like royalty as she sipped her Shirly temple. Our family dinner was to perfection and added a wonderful memory to each and every one of us from the last bite of our dinner to the beautiful pictures that were taken. Thank you Joseph Salvatore and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to affordable?WinosDined on 9/3/2014They have done away with any special deals, like the dinner for two or the three course dinner. Salad is now ala carte, no coffee or dessert included. Wino Wednesday is still available and there are some affordable wines.Special Features:
- AwesomeTOCODined on 9/3/2014My wife and I are both 60 years old, and I don't remember ever having a more perfect dinner. Admittedly, my memory may not be as good as it once was, but this was a perfect way to celebrate our wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 8/31/2014Great food and atmosphere! The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I frequently come to Salvatore's and I can honestly say they never disappoint! The staff is so accommodating and professional, not to mention the wine and dinner menu is FANTASTIC! They really have something everyone would love. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Tonight I dined at Salvatore's Italian Gardens in celebration of an anniversary and it truly was a night I will never forget. I was greeted by the manager with a smile and seated promptly. Our waiter quickly approached us in a timely fashion and was not only knowledgeable about the menu but was also personable yet professional. The wine list was extremely impressive and the cocktails perfectly crafted. My steak was cooked to perfection and the snicker pie for dessert was delicious! I would definitely recommend Salvatore's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Experience!TCROSSDined on 8/23/2014Great dinning experience! Entertainment Room is a great touch to a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014As usual a totally enjoyable experience. We have enjoyed your place many times, but especially beautiful at Christmastime!Special Features:
- Great MealLoveeatingDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were outstanding!! Specials were very well thought out. Very Nice experience with professional staff. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Place for a Romantic DateBuffaloBenDined on 8/22/2014This is a must go for anyone trying to impress a date. Perfect lighting, very very clean and well kept. The servers and bus boys were very friendly and prompt with their service. The food was excellent. My date had the seafood ravioli. It wasn't the most appealing plate to the eye. It was literally a giant ravioli noodle with seafood in it. But the items inside the shell were delicious and cooked to perfection. I had steak which I like medium well. I've never had a strip as thick and juicy and this. However when I got the meatiest part of the steak it was very pink and bleeding. I'm not one to complain or send food back but that's a huge turn off for anyone that orders steak any for of well. Other than that it was greatSpecial Features:
- Great place,not keen on reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Salvatore's Italian Garden is an excellent restaurant with fantastic food and an amazing staff that pays close attention to every detail. However, we made our reservation for 7:00 PM, arrived 10 min. early, and was handed a pager. Fine, we were 10 min early. We were paged at 7:25 - 25 min past our reservation time. If I make a reservation for 7, I expect to be seated at 7. This is one of the reasons we no longer patronize Russell's Steaks, Chops and more. We patronize Salvatores a number of times throughout the year and this is the 2nd time in a row this has happened (it has NEVER happened prior to these two times). Salvatore's: please honor your reservations and seat them at the time that their reservation states.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happyupsetandsaddinerDined on 8/20/2014the worst experience we have ever had and they ruined our anniversary
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014Great service and food quality. Unique atmosphere was enjoyable. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.