Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
6461 Transit Rd
Depew, NY 14043Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatores.net/
- Phone: 7166837990
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thomas Diana
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Buffalo catering visit www.salvatores.net to catering all you private and special events.
- Entertainment: Serving only the best quality in Steaks Seafood & Pasta. Salvatore's is the ultimate dinning experience With a team of 17 chefs the menus has a variety of flavors and dishes to accommodate everyone. There is LIVE ENTERTAINMENT every Friday and Saturday for your dancing and listening pleasure. You may request seating for dinner in this area and remain for the evening. These tables are available at the 8pm seating or later
- Special Events: We can cater events all the way from 15 people to 600. With one of the most reputable name in WNY.Salvatore's continues to deliver one of the best overall dinning experiences in the area.
- Cross Street: Genessee Street
- Public Transit: We are 1.2 miles from buffalo international airport BUF. Salvatore's also provides shuttle served to and from any business within a 5 mile radius.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking for all guest. Valet parking is available on Saturdays.
A word from Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant
Our team of chefs has put a menu together offers the finest selections in Steaks, Seafood and Italian Cusine. We are also the recipient of the DiRONA award. Our wine spectator award winning wine list has over 300 selectons and is the best in the city. Joe Salvatore his sons Russell Salvatore & Nicholas Salvatore have taken Salvatore's to the next level. We are now noted as Buffalo's only Italian Steakhouse. If your visiting from out of town do not forget to check out Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, it's unique in style. We offer hotel and dinner packages that let you experience the best of both worlds. Remember you can make any day a Salvatore's Day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Depew ›
Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (86)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (11)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Steve CStevecDined on 9/16/2014Salvatores has the best steak in Buffalo. The bone in ribeye was so juicy and tender it just melted in my mouth. The wine list is fantastic too. I highly recommend a night out to dine here. Great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...not great serviceOPMomDined on 9/13/2014We had reservations, but still waited 20 minutes for a table...no big deal. We placed our order off the menu, only to hear the table next to us get a specials menu. We were never given nor told about any evening specials. The food was very good. Loved the lobster bisque and steak especially. We were never offered a second glass of wine, nor did the waiter ever check back on us to make sure the meal was fine. I had always had wonderful service in the past here, and this time, they fell short...very short!Special Features:
- Good appetizers, good service, but.KevinMDined on 9/13/2014The room we were in was VERY noisy with a lot of large groups. The appetizers and soup were excellent, our waiter, Ken, was very knowledgable. However, my steak was totally undercooked. When ken walked by and noticed, he insisted on having them fix it. He brought it back and asked me to check it and it was no better. So, once again, he had it "fixed" and it was marginally better. The manager (?) came over and said it was unacceptable that it had to be returned twice and that was all on them. End of story. Not sure I've been in restaurant that didn't do something to try to make up for bringing undercooked food - free dessert, drink, appetizer. Just "it was unacceptable." And for the price you're paying, it sure is!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014It was a anniversary dinner for myself and wife. Service was very slow . Didnot see are waiter for a least 20 min when we arrived . Reviewed are appetizior ten min before we received are main course . Never asked if we waited other glass of wine . Rushed then about are desert and waiter brought the two deserts and then are bill . Took are check never came back at all. All my wife wanted to leave food was good but over all I have think twice on going back.Special Features:
- AwfulExtremelyDissatisfiedDined on 9/13/2014While this may be a "Buffalo staple", I had never been there before my recent trip. And I will never go there again. The service was terrible and the food was not anything worth putting up with it again. We were ignored and forgotten about constantly by our server. It ruined what should have been a special occasion for me and the rest of my party.Special Features:
- Great experienceDinerschoice1Dined on 9/12/2014Everyone from the gentlemen who shuttled us to the restaurant , to the man that greated us when we got in , to our waiters all provided excellent service. We were a party of 18 and they gave us a great table in a private room. The food was great as well! All 18 people were very pleased with their dinner. I will be back and recommending it to others as I am sure my friends will be as well. Thanks For this experience and keep up the good work. See you again soon !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an ExperienceJennyDined on 9/12/2014The food is wonderful but it's so much more than that. It's the ambience, the service and best of all, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatment special occationMakingmemoriesofusDined on 9/11/2014My step daughter always dreamed of dining at Salvatore's. For her 14th birthday her mom and I made her dream come true. She didn't know where we were going for dinner but knew she had to dress nice. When I pulled into the parking lot and said surprise I knew she felt like the princess she was always called. Our waitress Lori was just wonderful and made the birthday girl feel special and like royalty as she sipped her Shirly temple. Our family dinner was to perfection and added a wonderful memory to each and every one of us from the last bite of our dinner to the beautiful pictures that were taken. Thank you Joseph Salvatore and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to affordable?WinosDined on 9/3/2014They have done away with any special deals, like the dinner for two or the three course dinner. Salad is now ala carte, no coffee or dessert included. Wino Wednesday is still available and there are some affordable wines.Special Features:
- AwesomeTOCODined on 9/3/2014My wife and I are both 60 years old, and I don't remember ever having a more perfect dinner. Admittedly, my memory may not be as good as it once was, but this was a perfect way to celebrate our wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 8/31/2014Great food and atmosphere! The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I frequently come to Salvatore's and I can honestly say they never disappoint! The staff is so accommodating and professional, not to mention the wine and dinner menu is FANTASTIC! They really have something everyone would love. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Tonight I dined at Salvatore's Italian Gardens in celebration of an anniversary and it truly was a night I will never forget. I was greeted by the manager with a smile and seated promptly. Our waiter quickly approached us in a timely fashion and was not only knowledgeable about the menu but was also personable yet professional. The wine list was extremely impressive and the cocktails perfectly crafted. My steak was cooked to perfection and the snicker pie for dessert was delicious! I would definitely recommend Salvatore's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Experience!TCROSSDined on 8/23/2014Great dinning experience! Entertainment Room is a great touch to a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014As usual a totally enjoyable experience. We have enjoyed your place many times, but especially beautiful at Christmastime!Special Features:
- Great MealLoveeatingDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were outstanding!! Specials were very well thought out. Very Nice experience with professional staff. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Place for a Romantic DateBuffaloBenDined on 8/22/2014This is a must go for anyone trying to impress a date. Perfect lighting, very very clean and well kept. The servers and bus boys were very friendly and prompt with their service. The food was excellent. My date had the seafood ravioli. It wasn't the most appealing plate to the eye. It was literally a giant ravioli noodle with seafood in it. But the items inside the shell were delicious and cooked to perfection. I had steak which I like medium well. I've never had a strip as thick and juicy and this. However when I got the meatiest part of the steak it was very pink and bleeding. I'm not one to complain or send food back but that's a huge turn off for anyone that orders steak any for of well. Other than that it was greatSpecial Features:
- Great place,not keen on reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Salvatore's Italian Garden is an excellent restaurant with fantastic food and an amazing staff that pays close attention to every detail. However, we made our reservation for 7:00 PM, arrived 10 min. early, and was handed a pager. Fine, we were 10 min early. We were paged at 7:25 - 25 min past our reservation time. If I make a reservation for 7, I expect to be seated at 7. This is one of the reasons we no longer patronize Russell's Steaks, Chops and more. We patronize Salvatores a number of times throughout the year and this is the 2nd time in a row this has happened (it has NEVER happened prior to these two times). Salvatore's: please honor your reservations and seat them at the time that their reservation states.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happyupsetandsaddinerDined on 8/20/2014the worst experience we have ever had and they ruined our anniversary
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014Great service and food quality. Unique atmosphere was enjoyable. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe1651Dined on 8/18/2014The food was just okay for the price. We had five different dishes and nothing was worth noting as a great dish. However, the service from Jeff, our waiter, and his bus staff, was excellent. The restaurant is not handicap accessible throughout which made things a bit difficult for a family member in a wheel chair.Special Features:
- bad servicejohngboyDined on 8/17/2014Our order was placed. we got our apps and then we got our dinners. The food was great then i asked for more bread and that is when we were forgoten. Nothing for at lest 25 min by then our table was cleared. And then our waiter finally came over we paid and left. Started great then nothing no drink refills no bread i will not go back many other restaurants with grest service and food.
- PerfectSukeyroseDined on 8/16/2014Brought a friend to the restaurant. She 's from NYC .She was very impressed with the decor and the thought that went in to it such a lovely design... The food was excellent all in all it was a very nice evening ....Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceKarenDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner on Saturday evening at Salvatores. The service was second to none, and the food was delicious right from appetizers to main course and dessert. It is expensive but worth it. The patio is nice, but quite noisy from the road. My first choice next visit will be inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but niceluvs2eatDined on 8/14/2014Definitely not in my regular budget but would like it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!BillDined on 8/13/2014Great food and service. Mike our waiter we very responsive to our requests. Extensive wine list!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The whole experience at Salvatore's was amazing. Our server was fantastic and you can definitely see that he loves his job. Not only was he attentive to the customers but also to fellow employees. He was constantly giving them positive feedback on the tasks they were completing. I can tell that your company takes pride in their employees.Special Features:
- great place for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014whether it is your birthday or a GNO always great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Wedding AnniversaryPartyPlannerDined on 8/10/2014Salvatore's went out of their way to make the occasion special. We had a group of 10. We has several request ahead of time. Every request was met! From our arrival before the guest arrived (for set up) to our departure after dinner, everything was great!Special Features:
- Wedding anniversity!VadymDined on 8/8/2014The special table which was booked for wedding anniversary was given to other people- big disappointment! But food was excellent and server was out outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Poor service, high prices, shadow of former Salvatore's. Go to Russel's instead for quality food and service.
- Great relaxing dinnerdinnerfor2Dined on 8/6/2014We really enjoyed dining at Salvatore's. Our lasting impression besides the food tasting great and the excellent service will be the fact that we were not rushed through our meal and also that the waitress was not at our table every five minutes asking us if everything was ok. We also enjoyed the Wednesday special. All wines under $100 were half price. This allowed us to try a wine that we may not have otherwise taken the opportunity to try. This is certainly a restaurant that we will revisit in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Dining at Salvatore'sdluch2eatDined on 8/3/2014My Family and I had a great all around experience dining out this past Sunday at Salvatore's Italian Gardens. We were impressed not only with the quality of the food, but also the exceptional service. Our server Patrick even went above and beyond, by taking our four-year old daughter to meet the chef. A great evening out, at a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed!DisappointedDined on 8/3/2014Prime Rib was good. No dinner salad before main coarse(must order salad extra). Snarky remarks from bus boy. It was our anniversary, but because we didn't order dessert, waiter brought us a salt shaker with a sparkler in it. Then, told us it was because,"you were supposed to order dessert." Sounded to me like a slam on us. Salvatore's used to be a very classy place when Russell Salvatore ran it. Now that his son, Joesph, runs it, the quality has gone down hill. Russell, please come back! At least we weren't greeted with,"Hi Guys." Also, they would not honor a "restaurant.com" "never expires" voucher. Shame! That was our last visit to Salvatore's.
- A Romantic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I brought my future wife to Salvatores 22 years ago, so i decided to surprise here with a romantic dinner on the exact date. As usual it was an amazing dinner. Thank you Salvatores, it is worth the drive from Toronto.Special Features:
- Wait for what?PJsreviewDined on 8/1/2014We had 7:00 dinner reservations. We were told we had to wait while they cleared some tables. We were given one of those things that vibrate when your table is ready. We walked around and went to the gift shop. At 7:30 we still had not been alerted that our table was ready. I went back to the counter and asked if our table was ready yet. The women who initially didn't recognize that I had already checked in, said we were next. She said they were still clearing some tables. We were seated a few minutes later. If we wanted 7:30 reservations we would have requested 7:30 reservations. The room we were seated in had only 1 other table occupied. ( The male at that table was wearing shorts and a polo shirt). They just wanted us to go to the bar.
- Fantastic mealYummoDined on 7/31/2014Every dish we had was incredible! So happy with our choice to go here... We will be back!Special Features:
- Good but not like I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014The food was good but not outstanding. The menu has changed no more dinner for two option. Wines were all on the expensive side. The restaurant was slow that evening yet I felt that we were not given a lot of attention, water glasses were not filled, empty plates were left in front of us.Special Features:
- My reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Excellent every time. Love it here. Food is fantastic. Servers are excellent. My favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. Our waiter seemed to have more tables than normal when we have been at the restaurant in the past but covered the tables fairly well and our bus boys helped out a lot. It was cool the night we were there, but we peeked out on the patio and were impressed except for the street noise. We may try that next time we visit. Overall a great experience, as usual!Special Features: