Salvatore's Italian Bistro
4621 Ogletown Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Salvatore's Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatoresbistro.com/
- Phone: 3027379999
- Hours of Operation:
Open Monday thru Saturday 11am to 9pm, Sunday 1pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Salvatore's Bistro offers a full catering menu on our website. We specialize in catering to local businesses.
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining room options. We offer rooms that can accommodate up to 12, 30, and 40. Our outdoor patio can seat anywhere up to 80.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Walsh 3025445174
A word from Salvatore's Italian Bistro
Located on Route 4 at Harmony Rd next to Christiana Hospital, Salvatore's Italian Bistro offers authentic Italian dining from old world family recipes. Homemade sauces; signature seafood, veal, chicken and pasta entrees; and the area's best brick oven pizza, stromboli, and calzone. Dine on our outdoor patio or enjoy happy hour at our patio bar. Specials include premium steaks grilled on our outdoor BBQ and burgers made from our own blend of premium ground beef. At lunch, Salvatore's offers Philly style steaks and hoagies as well as authentic Italian style Paninis. Salvatore's is family owned and operated and we invite you come join us for an intimate dinner, business lunch, a quick slice, or an evening out with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salvatore's Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Somewhat casual place. ServicefoodieVIPDined on 12/15/2012Somewhat casual place. Service was attentive. I had the chicken penne & hubby had the tortellini. Both were very good, & the suggested wine was excellent. We'll be back.Special Features:
- We dine every Friday NightJimfoodsDined on 9/14/2012We dine every Friday Night out with another couple and found Salvaatore's about four months ago when looking for a replacement resturant for an old friendly place which shut down.We all like the food and found that the old resturants's staff and chef moved to Salvatore's. The staff makes you feel right at home. Very good food, never had a average meal.Special Features:
- if they ever get their actCharlieVIPDined on 9/7/2012if they ever get their act together it will be a very good restaurant. took one and a half hours to get my entre and 40 minutes to get my salad. i may not go back, but surely i will stop tell others to go.
- This is a hidden Italian gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012This is a hidden Italian gem. They serve authentic Italian food and many wonderful choices from veal, seafood, chicken and pasta. Fresh homemade hot bread that is out of this world! The service is attentive but not bothersome and everyone in the restaurant is very nice. Potion sizes are also amazing and a real treat. Soups arrived steaming hot and delicious. Our desserts were also lovely, a chocolate chip cannoli, lemon cake, and a banana cheese cake that was hot was out devine! Recommend this restaurant any day of the week!Special Features:
- After hearing good reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2012After hearing good reviews from friends about Salvatore's, I decided to have my birthday dinner there. We had been to this spot when it was Nonna. When I made my reservations, I asked for a nice table since it was a birthday meal, and we were pleasantly surprised to find that interior had been totally renovated. The tables at Nonna were really crammed together. Salvatore's offers booths, nicely spaced tables, and an outdoor seating area. Our waitress and the manager were both very pleasant, and service was excellent. My husband enjoyed the Fusilli con Broccoli Rabe, and my Sorrentino was very good. The fresh baked bread served with dinner and the cannoli I got for dessert were delicious. We will definitely be returning to Salvatore's!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012We dined on a Saturday evening and sat on the patio since indoors was full and actually, even though the patio is off the parking lot, we didn't notice at all. It's very nice outside. Service was fine and even though our server was clearly busy, she took the time to explain menu items. The eggplant rollantine was delicious and crispy. I've had something similar to that before and that was soggy, this was not. My husband had the mussels in the white wine sauce, again, very good. He got the Tuscan pizza with the sausage and sundried tomatoes...it was awesome! Even the crust, it was crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. I got the chicken piccata. Everything tasted great, you could tell it's homemade. Definitely returning!Special Features:
- The restaurant looks veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2012The restaurant looks very nice & we were 1 of only 2 tables in use when we arrived (down to us alone within 15 minutes). The decor was nice & the restaurant's background music was perfect for volume and selection. Service at first was very prompt and helpful. Unfortunately, after the food was delivered, the service fell off (when we were the only customers). The bread was very good, salad was so-so (small!). Chicken parmesan was tasty but not exceptional but the veal parmesan had a lot of gristle. The pasta was fresh & obviously home made (very good). Tiramisu was homemade but not especially good. All in all, not a bad place but today was pretty rocky. Might give it another try, might not. Not bad, but not especially memorable.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal here....perOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2012We had a wonderful meal here....perfectly cooked pizza (elegant thin, crispy crust), delicious salad and nice bottle of wine. We will come back!Special Features:
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011This was my second visit to Jack's and both times I was satisfied with the food and the service. The staff and management really seem to put their heart into presenting a good meal. It has a little bit of the neighborhood bar feel, so buyer beware if that is not your sort of place.
- This place is a find. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2011This place is a find. Our friends recommended it and we have been back several times. Its our go-to spot for taking family who visits from out of town. We always tell people this is a charming, classy place with a lot of warmth. The new wine list is incredible and every dish we have ordered has been outstanding.Special Features:
- Our server Donnie was fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2011Our server Donnie was fun. He kept the dinner party alive, and was very interactive with our group upon enticement.Special Features:
- A good lunch find in Old New CastleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2011I found the restaurant pleasant and fine for lunch; I cannot speak to the dinner menu. I ordered a caesar salad with grilled salmon on top. The salad was fresh, the dressing was better than 90% of restaurants, and the salmon was piping hot off the grill. It was quite enjoyable but not exactly the culinary challenge that lets one test the mettle of a restaurant. The coffee was weak--my only complaint. I will return to try other items from the menu, and I consider it a good place for lunch.Special Features:
- We were there on a busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011We were there on a busy night with a party of ten, including 4 children. The service was great and the food lovely. We were well looked after, with no long waits for the children's food.Special Features:
- There was obviously a changerockpileVIPDined on 12/1/2011There was obviously a change in chefs recently, because the food was not up to par. I don;t know if I will return.
- Tasty and AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2011My wife and I ate here on our anniversary, which was the day after Thanksgiving 2011. We were the only people in the restaurant, with a few people at the bar, so we had the entire place to ourselves. We were treated royally. The service was attentive and helpful. The kitchen sent us little things to taste. Everything was very tasty and we were really satisfied. There were a couple of minor things with the food, but not enough to drop a star. It is difficult to rate because we were the only diners, but we found it to be a nice place for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Although our server convincedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2011Although our server convinced us she was not a happy person, I plan on dining here again this weekend. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise in oldOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2011A pleasant surprise in old historic New Castle. Located in what was once known as the David Finney Inn, this restaurant far exceeds the several other operations that have graced this location. Hats off to the staff and owner. NICE JOB!Special Features:
- what a cute little historicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2011what a cute little historic town and Jack's fit right in. I like small menus with good options and Jack's didn't disappoint. I am a foodie. If you're buzzing through Rte 95 and cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge at lunch or dinner time, this is not that far off the highway and worth the stop.Special Features:
- Went on a Friday because itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011Went on a Friday because it was seafood night but when we got there we couldn't order the seaford because it was saved for a bus load of people that were showing up. At the end of our meal 40+ people tracked by our table to the back. Then because it was raining, they tracked back inside and seemed like they were hawking tables with people that were almost finished eating like us. It was uncomfortable.Special Features:
- The staff tries really hardUncherVIPDined on 9/29/2011The staff tries really hard but lack the polish necessary to carry off their goals. The location is right in the heart of historic New Castle and deserves extra credit for that. Despite a lot of extras meant for our comfort such as the special care taken in seating us at their 'best' table the delays in service were just too long at times and a bit smothering at others. The skirt steak was unavailable as we found out a few minutes after ordering and our food as presented was okay but not what we had hoped for considering the menu. Success will come with more experience but they will need some time to grow. We would like to see them succeed but that may require some outside help both out front and in the kitchen.
- Outdoor dining very quaint.HautohottieVIPDined on 9/10/2011Outdoor dining very quaint. Wine list needs improvement but food and service was very good. When we moved from patio to the bar for night cap, the locals were at the bar.Special Features: