225 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salvatoresboston.com/
- Phone: 6177375454x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 12:00am, Saturday: 12:00pm – 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Weinstock
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Salvatore's-Boston Seaport
With 5 locations in and around Boston, Salvatore’s is the destination for the best Italian food outside the North End. Salvatore’s Restaurants was created by Sal Lupoli, known for his Sal’s Pizza empire, and is the result of Sal’s and his undying passion for high quality, authentic cuisine at an unbeatable value. Unlike the pizza stores, Salvatore’s is a full service restaurant complete with private dining rooms, full bar and a warm ambiance reminiscent of the Lupoli family’s Italian roots. Located in the heart of the booming seaport district, Salvatore’s is an upscale restaurant and bar on the waterfront just a stone’s throw from the Bank of America Pavillion. Express Dining options are available for guests with limited time pre- or post-show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salvatore's-Boston Seaport reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)romantic (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fabulous Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We loved everything about Salvatore's! SOOOO DELISH!Special Features:
- Delicious Italian CuisineLSmithVIPDined on 10/20/2014The calamari appetizer was beyond great. I had the liguine and clams as an entree and my husband had shrimp and scallops fra diavolo. We both loved it. I topped of my entree with the tiramisu and it was too die for. I will definitely return in the future because it was a lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- AnniversaryRuby2390Dined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend and I came to Boston from upstate NY for our anniversary, and were looking for something not too pricey but not just a diner. The greeting wasn't friendly when we walked in, and the hostess mumbled this way and walked to the table. I got a side Caesar salad to start and the filet for dinner. The salad was not bad, but had ALOT of cheese. The filet, I ordered it med and it came out rare. The side was asparagus and some sort of sliced potato that had no seasoning or salt and the flavor was so bland and tasted like reheated & microwaved. Our server came by once (she had one other table) and just stared at me when I tried to make small talk. She took half off the steak for it being undercooked which was nice but I will not go back.
- Great food for valueCCrispoDined on 10/17/2014I was here on Friday night with my sister and a friend. I have to say the food was amazing and I couldnt believe how reasonable the prices were. For city dining it was fantastic because I didnt have to break the bank. The waitress was great. Cannot remember her name. ISpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Nice location on the waterfront. The food was modern Italian great homemade sauce. Prices were a bit high but reasonable for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambience, not foodfoodvalueloverDined on 9/27/2014Salvatore's is a trendy restaurant across the street from the harbor with just a slight avant-garde edge to it. Nice atmosphere, attentive waitstaff, energetic but not noisy. Crowded, reservations recommended. The food is below average. They were out of the calamari appetizer. My wife ordered the scallop appetizer which was four small overcooked scallops. I had the butternut squash ravioli, highly recommended by the waiter. The chef was trying for a blend of savory and sweet but the sweet overwhelmed and left the dish sadly lacking. My daughter had sirloin tips, again overcooked but at least tasty. They were served with coleslaw and fries deserving of a dingy pub.Special Features:
- We walked out!KarenbarbaraDined on 9/26/2014We had reservations for 745pm. We arrived at 7:30 and the hostess took us to our table. The table was in the BAR at a hightop table. When we asked to be seated in the dining room we were told they had large parties and we would not be able to be seated there. the bar was very crowded and very noisy and I was not having a dinner at a high-top table in a bar. We asked if we could wait to be seated in the dining room and was told it was not happening so we left. If I want to sit in a BAR I would not make reservations. We went to STREGA down the street without reservations and they seated us. We had an awesome dinner in the dining room at STREGA.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014The food was sub par but presntation of the food was decent. Arancini was under cooked, calamari was heavily salted, steak tips, haddock, and chicken parm was under seasoned. The service was mediocre considering we were the only guest sitting at table along with 4 other people at the bar.
- Terrible ServiceBostonGirlDined on 9/22/2014I chose Salvatore's for dinner with some out-of-town family. Food for most of the guests was excellent; however, one dish was not good and was untouched. Server never asked the guest if something was wrong with the dish; it was just taken away at end of meal. We had to ask repeated times to refill water glasses, etc. and had to ask that extra dishes be removed after meal was finished. Ordered coffee after meal which was like mud and none of the guests could drink. We did ask Server to remove and mentioned that it was not drinkable. Because we were a big group an automatic gratuity of 20% was added to our bill. Unfortunately we did not receive service that warranted a 20% gratuity.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Disappointed that it was my sons Birthday and had mentioned it 2x. They never even acknowledged it. Why would we go there for a special occasion if its not special not even a happy birthday How ever open table app is great!!!!!!
- Nice dinnermrsm2014Dined on 9/13/2014We asked to be moved because there was a large rowdy party seated next to us, we could barely hear each other. They were accommodating. A little slow with refilling drinks but attentive overall and the food was delicious. Very large portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburban dinersuburbandinerDined on 9/13/2014First time at this restaurant. Four of us shared appetizers, all very good. Each had four separate entrees which all liked very much. Service was really very attentive, made for a great evening. Although seated in the bar area, noise level was very average. We'll be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was delicious. The service was subpar and the layout was a little cramped. All in all its was a four star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/service but . . . .BeckerandFagenDined on 9/6/2014Salvatore's is our mainstay when visiting the Seaport area for a concert or whatever. Always a great meal, but this time the noise level was crazy and air conditioning had been down for a week on the hottest day of the year. Still, we wouldn't trade it, unless you were going up a notch for say Anthony's or something. Always a very good dinind experienceSpecial Features:
- JimmyJimmyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good location. Food and service were just ok. Air conditioner was not working, apparently for a while
- DONT EAT HERENightoutDined on 9/6/2014ac broken 90 degrees inside no draft beer broken service terrible 2.5 hrs. too eat staff allowed people to stand right beside our table while we ate
- Surprised by quality and valueRonboDined on 9/6/2014We ate at Salvatore's prior to the Steely Dan concert and were extremely happy with the quality and quantity of food. Also, the prices were extremely reasonable. Our service was spectacular as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before Steeley DanDSmithDined on 9/6/2014This was the first time at Salvatores as we thought it would be a good location between the parking and the concert and you usually can't go wrong with Italian food. The waitress we had was great, very attentive and seemed just like a nice young girl (Amelia K per the check receipt). One problem that happened that was not her fault was that my meal was someone elses. The waitress does not do the delivering of the food and the other ones that deliver the food to the table from the kitchen made the mistake. The manager corrected it and later took the cost of the meal off the check. The appitizer and desert were vey good as were our 2 dishes. I would certainly go back to Salvatores.Special Features:
- PhylVIPDined on 9/4/2014The food was fabulous as it always is and plentiful. The entire staff is friendly, and tries so hard to make sure everything is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal before a showSusanDined on 8/24/2014Great place to dine (with reservations) before a show at The Blue Hills Bank Pavilion across the street. We shared a large plate of delicious calamari before our meal of butternut squash ravioli and lamb chop lollipops. Great presentation and taste. Enjoyed the white and red house made sangria and Nutella pizza for dessert. Enjoyed dining on the patio. Diverse menu includes meats and pasta- including burgers. Wait staff was friendly and attentive- provided recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickDined on 8/23/2014Food and drinks were all very good. I was surprised that my reservation for 2 put me at a table directly next to the bar, though. It would've been nice to be in the more quiet seating in the back.
- mtpMTPaulDined on 8/22/2014We were early but the hostess seated us promptly and our server was perfect. The food was great and exactly how we ordered it. We surely go back?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sent a dish backGFDinerDined on 8/22/2014My wife has celiac disease so we are always looking for new restaurants that offer a gluten free menu. The gluten free calamari appetizer was good, but the gluten free pasta carbonara was not edible. The pasta was so undercooked that a fork could not pierce it and the sauce was very bitter. It was the first time we have ever sent a dish back. The staff was very apologetic and offered to bring her something else (we declined because we didn't have time). The rest of the food was pretty good.
- A Solid Choicegt1019Dined on 8/15/2014My wife chose this restaurant for dinner and I was very pleased with the selection. Service was prompt and attentive without being overbearing or absent. The food was delicious with generous portions and reasonably priced given the high quality. Risotto of the day was fantastic! Nice atmosphere to boot. Can't go wrong here. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Night outSungoddessDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Salvatores before. I was not thrilled with the service. i requested different seating and they could not accommodate us. We were near another very loud group. The service was very basic. Nothing special. The server was polite but did not make any extra efforts. The food was good but again it was not tops! It was not a great dining experience. It was the person I brought with me first visit there. She enjoyed the food but not the whole dining experience.Special Features:
- Reservation = Seated in the Bar??LinnyDined on 8/9/2014I made a reservation on opentable. We arrived about 10 min early & expected to grab a drink before we were seated. Instead, we were seated right away at a tiny hightop in the LOUD bar. When you make a reservation, you expect to be seated in the dining area. The hostess didn't even ask if we wanted to sit there. Waitress was aloof & took a long time before we were asked our orders. Husband ordered the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo & I got the Gnocci & Sausage. Took a while for the food to arrive, but it was really delicious. After dinner we ordered the salted caramel gelato. Forty-five min later, we got our gelato. I think they went out & milked the cow. Overall, I wouldn't go back. Food was good, but not worth the terrible service.
- Very accommodatingDanTVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I came in while on a paleo diet and therefore even the gluten-free menu was tough to order from. Most menu items had lots of hidden butter and sugar in the sauces. Our server was fantastic though and custom created us dishes and sides that we could eat, cooked fresh to order. The fish was okay, not amazingly fresh tasting but not bad. The music playing was a little too 'clubby' and didn't fit in an "authentic" Italian restaurant. But the experience was great thanks to their amazing hospitality and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal before concertkc0715Dined on 8/1/2014Best place to go out to eat in this neighborhood. So refreshing to find a place that strives to be nice and deliver good, fresh food at a great value. Other places nearby are overpriced and focus more heavily on "their scene." Salvatores has a great menu. Fabulous pizza, apps, salad. Loved that I was able to make a reservation in advance. The staff was very friendly and accommodating when I needed to change the # of guests in my party a couple times. We ordered the Roma salad, mussels, spinach florentine pizza. Everything was divine! We loved the sauce that came with the mussels and even dipped our pizza in it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaport Salvatore'sBeckettmomDined on 7/24/2014Love this restaurant. Each location has its own unique atmosphere. Food is always amazing! Lamb lollipops at my favorite. My husband loves the meatballs. We were on a small group. The service was great. I had the butternut squash ravioli for dinner and my husband had the veal. Both were delicious we brought my sister and his wife who love Italian food. They were surprised they had never heard of Salvatore's and happy to discover how good the food was.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Salvatore's-Boston Seaport reviews archive.