1627 N Broadway
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://salvatoreristorante.com/
- Phone: 9259322828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: T-Su 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Piccione
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: We have a banquet area that comfortably seats approximately 36 people for private events and cocktail parties. Our banquet facility is available for lunches and/or dinners upon request. Please visit our website for samples of our menus that can be customized for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Alagna 9259322828
A word from Salvatore Ristorante
Take Time to Stop and Smell the Sauces! It is the scent of fresh cut herbs, seafood just pulled from the ocean and sauces prepared with passion & regard to classic ingredients that reveal the essential energy of Salvatore Ristorante cuisine. We serve authentic Sicilian and Northern Italian specialties enjoyed in a warm family atmosphere. Sicilian born chef Salvatore Piccione prepares homemade Fettuccine al Gamberetto, Vitella (veal) Salvatore and Melenzana Ripiena to delight the palateContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salvatore Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Food always a hitJBerDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten here several times and the food is always outstanding! The lasagna is fabulous, though it is not available every night. If you would like to have that, you should call first to see if it is on the menu that evening.Special Features:
- homey italiantammyDined on 10/16/2014Tasty, home-sytle cooking. Non- inspired side vegetables (broccoli and carrots ) , though. Expensive at $19 for a pasta dish and calamari steak at $23. Appears that they don't want you to come often to this restaurant, but, rather only for special occasions.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2014I've been a long time patron of Salvatore. It's my fave restaurant in WC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealDrDanDined on 10/4/2014The food was excellent, and after being seated the service and atmosphere were very good. However despite having a reservation on the Saturday night, we had to wait more than 15 min before being seated. It was a Saturday night. The atmosphere was pleasant, except that the restaurant was very busy and noisy when we were first seated. By the time we were ready for desert, it was less crowded and noise had abated sufficiently that we could hear each other across our table of 4. Pricing was moderate (about 30-40 per person including 3 glasses of wine, 2 salads split, 4 entrees, and 2 deserts split, no coffee). We enjoyed the food and service overall, and plan to return.Special Features:
- Good Home CookingmadabouttownVIPDined on 9/28/2014We frequent this restaurant often and enjoy the home cooked meals. The staff is very friendly and the meals are consistently good. I had their special, lasagna, and it was excellent. They are not afraid to put in enough meat and cheese where I have gone to some restaurants and it's mostly noodles. I like that they are not a chain, the food is of high quality and the atmosphere very cozy.Special Features:
- SalvatoreDabdallaDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were spending the weekend in Walnut Creek and decided to eat at Salvatore. We were pleasantly surprised by this little gem. Food and service were very good. Every employee was friendly and efficient. We had the watermelon salad, linguine vongole, and gnocchi. Each dish was terrific. We will go again and take friends!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent neighborhood gemhungryfoodieDined on 9/25/2014We have done several business dinners here, and it is a good spot for that. Food and service are consistently good, but more importantly, the noise level allows for conversation.Special Features:
- enjiyablealbieDined on 9/23/2014Good food at a reasonable price with excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our go to Italian restuarnt in the east bay. We really love the home cooking. And the lasagna on Sat night is a must have.Special Features:
- wonderfulFoodmeVIPDined on 9/12/2014The family run restaurant is fantastic. The service is wonderful, the food is all authentic and outstanding.
- excellent Italian foodLove2TravelVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service was good and the food was delicious. When we requested a table in the back, we were accomodated. Would recommend for dinner.Special Features:
- NomadDined on 8/31/2014We've been going to Salvatore's since it opened almost twenty years ago. This is the best Italian food in Walnut Creek (yes - better than Prima). Veal/Eggplant dishes the just excellent. File of Sole Dore -- better than almost all the seafood restaurants I've been in anywhere. Treat yourself and go - if you haven't been there (or haven't been in a while).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this World LasagnaLindaTDined on 8/31/2014If you are lucky, you will be there on an evening when they offer lasagna. It is fantastic. So flavorful. You get a very generous portion and even if you think you can't eat it all - you will!Special Features:
- Best Italilan in Walnut CreekLuv2EatVIPDined on 8/29/2014Salvatore might not be the fanciest Italian restaurant in Walnut Creek, but by far it has the best food. I've been going here for years and tried all the other Italian restaurants in the area... nobody's food matches up to Salvatore. Great location and nice little bar too.Special Features:
- HowieVIPDined on 8/16/2014They are so friendly here and everything on the menu is eaxceptional. I had veal and my wife had shrimp with Linguini. We both enjoyed our dinners and the total experiences.Special Features:
- Ristorante SalvatoregeorgeVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was my first visit and it was a wonderful "discovery" for me. I had the lasagna and it was just like mom's. My companion had the pasta primavera (and there was a choice of pasta). It was also delicious. No question that I shall return.Special Features:
- Early dinnerbikebakerDined on 8/15/2014We had early reservations for dinner so we could avoid the Friday afternoon commute traffic. We were the first dinner guests and asked to be seated outside. The patio is not attractive and more like a wide sidewalk, though the dining room looked pleasant. Our wait staff was excellent, knowledgeable and efficient. My husband and I split a salad which was fair, not special or memorable. My calamari was a little rubbery, polenta was a square and kind of hard on the grilled outside and vegetables were overcooked. My husband ordered the tortellini which was a pretty small portion but very tasty. My husband's tortellini was a small portion but tasty.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our favorite Italian restaurant in Walnut Creek and has been for over 15 years. Food is home cooking, service is friendly and efficient, and the restaurant is cozy.Special Features:
- Favorite Italian restaurantjoe94553Dined on 7/25/2014We have been here multiple times, and honestly have never had a bad meal nor a bad overall experience. Our go to place when we crave an Italian dinner.Special Features:
- Never go wrongveepDined on 7/18/2014Dinner with clients and they were so impressed with the friendly atmosphere and the terrific food. They will always remember dinner in Walnut Creek as one of their best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneVIPDined on 7/11/2014One of our favorite Italian restaurants in the east bay. The food is home cooking, and they have the best lasagna you'll ever have!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantcasjfVIPDined on 7/5/2014I had lasagna bolognese, which was excellent. Caesar salad was average -- needed more anchovy flavors in my opinion. I wasn't so impressed with the tiramisu -- no rum flavoring at all that I could taste. My husband had the grilled eggplant with veal, Italian sausage, potatoes, pine nuts and cheese over marinara sauce served in a bed of mostaccioli pasta. I preferred the lasagna, but he enjoyed the eggplant. Nice wine list for a restaurant this size and the restaurant has a full bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food everveepDined on 6/24/2014This place does it right. Cooked and seasoned to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Salvatore Ristorante reviews archive.
- Pasta heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent pasta sauce so flavorful and generous portions Pear salad special was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family from out of townCfiwcaDined on 6/20/2014(North, South, and middle.)..All enjoyed the excellent food and service. In particular the assistance to my ailing sister at the table. We were most grateful for your immediate help. Will be back when in town again... C.R.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & family restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is a crowd pleaser. The food is consistently fresh and well done.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our favorite Italian restaurant in the east bay. The food is home cooked Italian, the service warm and friendly, and atmosphere very cozy. The lasagna on Sat night is best ever!!!Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014We used to love this place but it has changed. Seems like cost cutting measures are all adding up to food that is just okay, at best. No lemon in the water, under dressed Caesar, but good dressing, meatballs with very little meat in them. Excellent Gnocci, but no more fresh basil on top. The bread is really good but the dip is watery tasting-needs garlic and salt, perhaps? No more sausage in the lasagne, which is otherwise very good. Inconsistent drinks in the bar, they guy is good, but if the girl is there, she makes bad drinks every time. The reason we come here is really because the owner is so sweet-Angela, I think.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeslieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Overall we thought Salvatore was just ok. I would characterize it as a 'every day restaurant' to stop for pick up yet that's not how it's priced or presented. It's priced at a higher point, so overall I'd go to Rocco's or Sorrento's in Walnut Creek before Salvatore. Same quality but Rocco's and Sorrento's are cheaper. Service was good at Salvatore though.
- One Of Our FavoritesgoodfoodseekerDined on 5/25/2014We have been going to Salvatore for years. It is our favorite restaurant in Walnut Creek, both for the food and the people, especially Angela. We always feel like family whenever we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodLauriePDined on 5/16/2014My husband & I ate here the other night, and we were not disappointed! Everything we ordered was excellent! From caesar salad, eggplant & spaghetti and meatballs - the food was fabulous! Can't wait to come again.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 5/13/2014Salvatore's has been our favorite Italian restaurant in Walnut Creek for over 15 years. The food is always amazing (lasagna is best in the east bay!), the service very friendly, and the ambiance comfortable. It's our go to restaurant for a casual meal.Special Features:
- Consistent and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2014I love this restaurant because you can count on great food from the first course to the last. The special salad I had with pears was wonderful. The lasagna was rich wonderful and enough for two. Spumoni cake a favorite was a wonderful ending to a great dinner.Special Features:
- Pleasanlty SurprisedGaryVIPDined on 5/3/2014Party of 8, great service, food was very good and served within an appropriate time fram.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 5/3/2014Our favorite Italian restaurant in the east bay. All the entrees are homemade and the service is always warm and impeccable.Special Features:
- Won't be returningcyrillekVIPDined on 5/2/2014We made a reservation for 6 people on a Friday evening. Our table was ready and the hostess pointed it out to us, told us to seat ourselves and she would be over with menus and water. 10 minutes later we were still waiting for both. Somebody brought us bread with what looked like a very watery bruschetta. Dipped the bread in it, and yep, it's basically bruschetta that someone diluted with water. Weird! We finally got menus and water, and ordered some red wine. The wine tasted fine but was very warm. The waiter offered to have it chilled, and brought it back several minutes later - and it was the exact same temperature as it had been when he first brought it to the table. Food was hit or miss, service was pretty poor, so we won't be back.
- Great PlaceLak1Dined on 4/26/2014The food was excellent. Place a little noisy...Had a reservation but had to wait about 20 minutes past the reservation time to be seated. Restaurant was very busy, but worth the wait. The food was delicious. Found a great place to eat and definitely will return.Special Features:
- Dinner During Restaurant Weekeating00dDined on 4/26/2014Pros: + Love the panna cotta & the lean, tender pork chop + Attentive service + Great variety of options on menu + Busy throughout the evening Cons: + Too crowded & noisy; restaurant needs to expand & can use remodeling + three-course menu fix-price is too pricey...not worth it + Narrow restroomSpecial Features:
- great restaurantADKTDined on 4/19/2014My family goes to salvatore often. Last night my husband and I were there for a date night to celebrate his bday. The food, wine and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salvatore is sweetRichVIPDined on 4/11/2014We had a nice meal of ravioli in Gorgonzola cream sauce and a hearty eggplant, sausage and marinara melange over pasta. The diahes wre both delicious, the bread wonderful and generous and the mineatrone and salad perfect. Off the main drag in walnut creek but better that way for a coupling re warming the love fires. Gracie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.