270 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salutenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122133440
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11pm, Saturday 11am-11pm, Sunday 11am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Buffa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Can't make it to Salute!? Let Salute come to you. We will deliver a meal for two, or cater a party up to 300. Call the restaurant for TO GO and Catering menus. Banquet Facilities: Prix fix and buffet menus available for parties of 20-250. Cocktail reception packages are also available. Please call our event coordinator at 212-213-3440 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: please go to www.Salutenyc.com for full presentation Perfect for : *Catering *Engagement parties *Private Events *Fashion Shows *Theme Parties *Corporate Events *Birthday Celebrations *After Work Gathering *Glamour Photo shoots *Talent Performances * Weddings
- Private Party Contact: Amir fouad 8778723714
- Entertainment: DJs play all music styles Karaoke / Singer / Models Burlesque / Belly Dancers Gambling Tables / LCD TVs
- Special Events: We Offer: Italian & Mediterranean cuisine Breakfast - Brunch – Lunch - Dinner Delivery - Take Out Bar Service Bottle Service Hookah (water pipes) 3 separate rooms : (Bar, Restaurant & Lounge) Stage for live performances Entertainment: DJs play all music styles Karaoke / Singer / Models Burlesque / Belly Dancers Gambling Tables / LCD TVs We can accommodate events at any size, we can reshape and decorate the room to cater for your event. For Event Planning and Catering Inquiries Please contact AMIR on 212.961.7507 after you submit your event information on the website event planning form http://salutenyc.com/index.php?pg=planning#
A word from Salute
Salute! is located in the center of Manhattan on Madison Avenue and 39th Street offering a prime location for New Yorkers and travelers alike. The space is reminiscent of an airy Mediterranean villa. Salute! acclaimed for it’s impeccable hospitality, delivers a dining experience forged of savory food, exquisite service, and the spirit of Italian and American culture marinated into one. Executive Chef Paolo Buffa, has artfully combined his culinary skills by infusing the finest ingredients in preparing homemade pasta dishes, Italian-style seafood, and healthy gourmet delights. A few specialties include the Mediterranean sea bass and the braised beef ravioli stuffed with wild mushrooms and cream. Enhancing the total dining experience, Restaurateur Gennaro Sbarro has personally hand picked an extensive assortment of the finest wines, served by bottle or glass. The wines range in aroma and flavor and are indigenous to regions around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salute reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bus girls were rude and notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Bus girls were rude and not caring. Waiter was very knowledgeble about the menue and food but was talking to you on the adge of arrogance or something like that. He was doing everything great but his attitude was a little coldSpecial Features:
- We have dined here 4 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We have dined here 4 times since our first experience in February. The staff is fabulous, the wine & food are wonderful. I feel like I'm in Europe. No one rushes us, and we feel that the table belongs to us.Special Features:
- Expensive. But they keep theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013Expensive. But they keep the place very well staffed and maintained. I'd eat here only on business.
- Very much enjoyed a pestoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/26/2013Very much enjoyed a pesto pasta with shrimp dish. Service was very attentive. Very nice dining room. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- very good food! the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2013very good food! the menu is well diversified and the quality is superb.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant. WeJosephVIPDined on 2/28/2013I love this restaurant. We had a party of 11 during this visit and the staff worked with me to stay within my budget, providing great family style appetizers and a selection of wines along with ordering entrees across the menu. The service was good - when we arrived, the appetizers were set on the table. Considering our late start, that was welcome. No one's glass was empty. This is the second larger party I've brought to Salute and I would do it again. Most importantly, everyone commented on the great time they had and the food.Special Features:
- I meet my friend for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I meet my friend for lunch about once a month there. The food is always good. I would like to see more specials or a change in menu sometimes.Special Features:
- Always reliable for a greatJeffDined on 2/12/2013Always reliable for a great dining experience. A very classy place.Special Features:
- Don't order the seafood.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013Have had dinner at Salute many times. Their pasta is fresh and highly recommend. Was there for lunch with a client and was extremely disappointed. I had the scallops which were so overcooked they were practically inedible. My client ordered the fish special and also said the fish was dry and overcooked. My first bad experience there. Think I will stick to the pasta.Special Features:
- Stick with the pasta dishes,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/25/2013Stick with the pasta dishes, and I recommend the minestrone soup. My only critique is the wine pour is a half glass. When you're paying $15+ for a glass of wine make it a full pour.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2013Not the best dining experience. I was disappointed having a work gathering there, wish I would have taken the team somewhere else. The service was terrible and the food just passing. Would recommend for cocktails and apps, but not for a sit down dinner.
- Biz lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/8/2013Perfect for business lunch. Everyone was impressed. Many thanks!Special Features:
- We had our annual holidayJoolsVIPDined on 12/30/2012We had our annual holiday get together with friends and family and I knew we could count on the staff to be attentive yet allow us time for catching up and enjoying each other's company.Special Features:
- Awesomejoecoool13Dined on 12/28/2012Fantastic food, I like to cook so when I ordered the lobster ravioli I finally realized what it goes best with and it tasted amazing. The bread was awesome and the service was superb. I will definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- I thought the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012I thought the food was very good, but our waiter seemed a little stuffy. Maybe there was a language barrier, but the restaurant was virtually empty and he seemed kind of pushy. Otherwise it's a beautiful place. Great for dates and quiet ambience.Special Features:
- Very nice for a business lunch.Eater10000VIPDined on 12/25/2012I had the minestrone soup, which was very tasty, as it was finished with a little fresh pesto. My spouse had the veggie burger, and she enjoyed it. I had the pasta with bolognese sauce and also enjoyed it.Special Features:
- We have been going to SaluteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012We have been going to Salute for years. Although it is expensive, you can always count on a very good meal. The only complaint I have is that it was too warm in the restaurant. Otherwise another wonderful evening at Salute.Special Features:
- Love being thereJudiVIPDined on 12/1/2012We go about 3x a month and its always delicious. Whatever we order is always good. Love being there.Special Features:
- Stylish authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012Wonderful night at Salute! The staff was excellent and took care of us like family. We were large table celebrating a birthday so we were probably a little louder than the average table but still what a fun night! The food was prepared to perfection and special orders and arrangements were no problem. They served us some antipasto family style, delicious! The barrata is to die for! And the stuffed cherry peppers too! Entrees were equally good and there was not a scrap of food left on anyone's plate, even with the nice size portion. Even the bartender was a doll making us special drinks and coming over to chat and tell us the recipe!. I recommend if you want authentic Italian in a stylish, yet relaxed atmosphere, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Lovely service,excellent food!Jos1176Dined on 11/29/2012Lovely service,excellent food! It is expensive but one of my favorite NYC meals. We tried two of the specials and really loved the sesame coated sea bass.Special Features:
- Solid Italian and Super ServiceDodgersWillVIPDined on 11/24/2012Service here is extraordinary. Michael and his team go out of their way to make you feel valued. Nice menu although a bit high for pastas and salads.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful:OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/20/2012Everything was wonderful: the baratta cheese and prosciutto,the mussels in broth, the risotto with mushrooms and the "real" biscotti at the end. Tina was a lovely server and was extremely attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- empty restaurant can put aOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/4/2012empty restaurant can put a lid on things though in fairess it was right after the storm
- A nice corner table, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2012A nice corner table, but service not as crisp as usual.Special Features:
- The food is authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/15/2012The food is authentic Italian cooked perfectly! Prego!Special Features:
- The food is pretty good, butBrianVIPDined on 9/14/2012The food is pretty good, but is not quite what it used to be. The staff is very friendly and hard-working, but sometimes seems a bit overwhelmed. Not a great room for a serious business lunch -- it's pretty loud. Still in all, it's a longtime favorite and the bar is great.Special Features:
- The cost is high even by ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2012The cost is high even by Manhattan standards. The server at first did not want to take my restaurant.com gift certificate. I have read reviews after my experience and other people have had this issue with other discounts. The food is only average. $27 for pasta with a small amount of meat and not a tremendous amount of flavor. My husband had pasta with shrimp and was not overly impressed. We will not be returning.
- I went on a quite Labor DayEyevalueVIPDined on 9/3/2012I went on a quite Labor Day so it's hard to know what Salute is like when it's busy. The service staff was attentive. My Bloody Mary was quite good. The medium rare hamburger was mediocre, rather dry and not quite medium rare. The beet salad was delicious. It was not a bad experience but I'd have to be in the neighborhood to consider trying it again.
- Great food and ambiance. ThisDisappointingVIPDined on 8/23/2012Great food and ambiance. This is a very pricey restaurant, but you can get a more reasonable menu in the lounge menu and seating. The food is great and will not disappoint.Special Features:
- The best minestrone. EatingPreciousVIPDined on 8/14/2012The best minestrone. Eating vegetarian and non-dairy is easy here.
- Quality and Portion are VERYFOODIEVIPDined on 8/5/2012Quality and Portion are VERY GOOD - Expensive but worth it.
- Very enjoyable first visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2012Very enjoyable first visit, will return. Very accomodating service, good menu and food.Special Features:
- Excellent experience every time!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2012There is nothing bad to say about Salute! Been going there for years & will continue to do so in the years o come!!!Special Features:
- Good presentation but priceyDinerVIPDined on 7/13/2012Good presentation but pricey since its in a high rent neighborhood. Limited wine by the glass is an issue.Special Features:
- It was very warm - we changedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2012It was very warm - we changed tables and sat near an open window. We inquired whey the air wasnt working and was told the open kitchen kept the room warm even though it was on. At least it wasnt a crowded afternoon or it would have been very uncomfortable. Otherwise the wine and food were excellentSpecial Features:
- thought we made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/9/2012thought we made reservations for Saule in Hartfrod ,Ct! If you are in Hartford go to Salute, it is great! Opentable was very good about the mistake and awarded us points anyway. thank you Opentable!Special Features:
- Excellent food. GOod atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/7/2012Excellent food. GOod atmosphere. Service is spotty depending on the crowd. Good power lunch spot....definitely underrated.Special Features:
- It's a very good mid-townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012It's a very good mid-town choice for business lunches, drinks after work or hanging out. There's a very nice ambience, friendly, welcoming, classy but not stuffy. I will come again!Special Features:
- Business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012This time was business lunch meeting. The staff gave us the space and time we needed. Food was great. A favorite spot when I'm in the city. Never disapoints.Special Features:
- We went Memorial Weekend onOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2012We went Memorial Weekend on a Friday night. Restaurant was empty and the service was not that great. I think they are expensive for what they give you. We were two girls and they probably figured tipping would be low. We tipped on the original price before I used the coupon and gave a little more. I would probably not go back there again with anyone even a dateSpecial Features: