Salute E Vita Ristorante
1900 Esplanade Dr.
Richmond, CA 94804Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Salute E Vita Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salutemarinabay.com/
- Phone: 5102150803
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM;
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday : 3:00 PM - 9:30 PM;
Friday and Saturday Dinner 3:pm - 10:pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Salute offers full catering services and event coordination. Our event team can provide offsite catering and event production at your home, office or other venue of your choice. From cocktail parties, corporate luncheons to sit down dinners and weddings, we are happy take care of every important detail.
- Private Party Facilities: Salute offers several options for those looking to celebrate or meet with large groups of friends or business associates. Please give us a call to arrange the details and menu for your special occasions or event.
- Private Party Contact: Traci McWain 510-215-0803
- Entertainment: We have Happy Hour everyday of the week including Saturday and Sunday from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. $5 Wine tasting every Third Thursday of the month.
- Special Events: Wine makers Dinner
A word from Salute E Vita Ristorante
Salute E Vita, remains a home away from home for all lovers of food, art, wine, friends and most of all family, which is who we consider everyone dining with us to be. Our house made desserts, risottos, soups, pasta sauces and salad dressings are created daily. We are best known for traditional homemade Italian fare with fresh and delicious California cuisine. Whether you are in the mood for pasta or a magnificent entrée salad, fresh seafood or steak, you’ll find it here in our 100-year old Cape Cod Victorian that overlooks the marina waterfront with an elegant and welcoming fireplace dining room, an indoor veranda with stunning views of San Francisco or on our outdoor patio overlooking the Bay. We have a saying here, “at the table, no one grows old” So feel the passion for good food, beauty and friends and join us for lunch or dinner; we have your table ready!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Salute E Vita Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Salute E Vita Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (66)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (38)special occasion (35)good for groups (30)great for brunch (28)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent as alwaysmytwocentsDined on 9/14/2014Salute e Vita is impeccable. Amazing location, wonderful ambiance, fantastic food, and attentive service. Not to mention the fact that they are one of the most socially responsible businesses I have ever run across. I can't think of a better restaurant to patronize. It isn't cheap, but it sure is worth it!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in RichmondOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Had dinner a Salute E Vita Ristorante Saturday night. Due to road construction its a bit of a chore to find, but well worth it. Wonderful seasonal Italian cuisine. Fantastic service. Superb Bay view. Great ambience. Richmond is not known for its culinary scene, but if you are hunting for a great place or find yourself in the neighborhood or passing through on the freeway then by all means check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitzFitzDined on 9/13/2014Salute E Vita is a gem in every way - the food is fresh and delicious, the setting amazingly picturesque, the wait staff is knowledgeable, cordial and they never rush you. . It's an ideal midway spot for folks from the North Bay and East Bay to meet. I always feel like I am somewhere in the Mediterranean when I eat at Salute E Vita!Special Features:
- darleneDined on 9/8/2014Have enjoyed many family dinners here and come for lunch on special occasions. Live about 30 miles away, so don't get here as often as we would if we lived in the area. But a great place to meet up with family and friends who live in the East Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining fast.EpicurosophyDined on 9/7/2014We moved here over a year ago and used to go here all the time. We've been roughly 15 times. The last 5 have left everything to be desired. The food is frozen and reheated overnight nowadays. The manager snipes at you whenever she gets an opportunity. Save your money, wait till it goes under or gets new ownership. The view and the distance from our apartment (we can walk to it in ~10 mins) can't be beat, but at this point it's basically lighting money on fire. It's a shame.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantCynzDined on 9/6/2014Salute's is a great restaurant. The food is consistently good. The service is also. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been many times, always enjoyable!Bob0117VIPDined on 9/1/2014This is a great place! Always reliably good! Nice view if you can sit by the windows!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimi53Dined on 8/24/2014Delightful view, good service and decent food. Only complaints: some items listed online were not available and veal was OVERCOOKED. Otherwise, loved it and will definitly be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceBillDined on 8/23/2014I have not been to Salute's in awhile. I am never disappointed. Our dinner was great the service was great and were seated right on time. We really enjoyed the scenic view from our table. It was very relaxing. I will not wait so long to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014This is my second time to Salute and was totally enjoyable. This may become my neighborhood gem since I recently moved to Richmond. Love it.Special Features:
- Leisurely lunch with friendsbigfishmamaDined on 8/9/2014Have dined here a number of times for business lunches. Always have enjoyed the food, views and attentive service. Last weekend when agreeing to meet friends from Marin this restaurant was the perfect half way point from the East Bay and Marin. We lingered over our lunch and had never had any pressure to leave.Special Features:
- Lovely View but..OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/8/2014The food left alot to be desired, more so than usual. We've gone here over a span of 5 years and the food was never fabulous, but now it's declined. Overpriced for the quality but that's ok if you have a nice view and ambience, but then you'd like friendly staff to go with that. We had guests we took there and were a little embarrassed.Special Features:
- Hard to find, but worth the trip!mmmmVIPDined on 8/6/2014This place is tucked away, no - HIDDEN, behind a housing complex in Richmond. Once you arrive, it's like pulling up to someone's waterfront vacation home. The staff was warm, welcoming, fast, efficient, knowledgeable and helpful. The food was wonderful and came out quickly. The view of the bay was spectacular. Take a chance and navigate your way there. It does not disappoint!Special Features:
- Always a good choiceCynzDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant is always a good choice. Great food, very good service, great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindElizabethDined on 7/26/2014My mother-in-law recommended this place. It was a wonderful find. I asked for a table on the marina, and we got it! The food was mouthwatering. Our fish was tender and moist. My sister and mother-in-law enjoyed their rib eye steaks. Tender and well aged. We were sorry, though, that the restaurant was out of lamb. We were sure that dish would have been a winner too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check it outPatdinesVIPDined on 7/21/2014If you are looking for a restaurant in the Northern East Bay with a location on the water Salute E Ristornate is your placeSpecial Features:
- Good food, booths too smallbuddyDined on 7/19/2014My only complaint really is how little leg room there is in the booths! It's like they need to remove a few of the booths and spread them out a bit? There were only 3 of us- I can't imagine 4!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hidden Gemswoopes23Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent place to eat. The staff are fantastic, the food is mouth watering and the view is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchIlovebrunchDined on 7/13/2014Fantastic service. Something for everyone on the menu. Great for casual get together or special occasion. Beautiful view of the Bay . Staff was very professional and food outstandingSpecial Features:
- 1stimerDined on 7/11/2014Seated outside patio, despite reservations and open table inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The Trip To Richmond CAHatesRipOffsVIPDined on 7/6/2014Real food prepared very well, excellent service, full bar, beautiful building and water views. Also reasonable prices. What more could you want? Not a "big plate small food place."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findBigDogVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very nice in all respects: food, ambience, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014We always eat here on July 3rd, the night of the Richmond Marina fireworks. Dinner first and then fireworks from the boat. Delicious food and great service.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time!fiatgirlDined on 7/3/2014We had a ravioli dish that had wonderful sauce and a couple of shrimp - it was good except the pasta itself was a bit strange. It seemed like possibly a semolina pasta rather than a flour pasta. It tasted fine but had a strange texture. The salad was wonderful. One of the best things about the meal was the fresh bread, which I was told was made at the restaurant. The view is divine. The server didn't bat an eye when we asked to split the salad and entree. Service was great. We were a little disappointed that the menu did not match the menus we browsed while waiting to be seated. They had a special menu for the holiday (it was the 3rd of July). I've been to this restaurant before and had pizza and calzone - awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem on the bayMttamerVIPDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful place for a meal, in this case lunch, after a great tour offered by the nearby Rosie the Riveter Nat'l Historic Park. As it was cold and breezy outside, we were happy to settle in next to a window offering a bay view for libations (yea for Pimm's Cup!) and very good seafood crepes. This is my second time here, and there will be many more.Special Features:
- Hidden beautyMyfinds2uVIPDined on 7/3/2014In Richmond? A wonderful surprise awaits those who make the effort. Right on the water, looking like a sea cottage, full of light and great views, this gem will change your view of what Richmond has to offer! Delicious entrees, esp. The risotto and pleasant service match the ambiance. The owner is very hands on and solicitous. I'd recommend it for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraVIPDined on 6/28/2014Always a good choice! The view is wonderful; service great, and good was very, very good. It's a terrific place to meet between Marin and the East Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Bay GemmikeVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great out of the way stop and an oasis in RichmondSpecial Features:
- Try it. You'll like itPatdinesVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great ambience. Right on the water. Friendly staff. Rosie the Riveter walk/bike path's is front.Special Features:
- A Great Taste of the Bay!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – It provided a feel of what I would call "relaxed elegance". The Italian Cuisine was made and served in a warm and inviting style. Most of our party enjoyed the fresh fish of the day (patroli Sole, in a white wine sauce), absolutely incredible!! I could not come to a place like Salute's and not try one our their many pasta dishes. The Fettuccine alla Provincial was a show stopper!! Fresh, bursting with flavor, and hearty... Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- Great for Lunch with FriendsMarinlinDined on 6/27/2014I hadn't been to this restaurant in many years and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was every bit as good as I remembered. We were taking friends for lunch, and I was a little nervous about going somewhere we hadn't tried recently. But the food was excellent, especially the seafood raviolis (which my husband thought were as good as any we had in Italy.) We began with carpaccio, which was also excellent. The ambience is quite nice, on the harbor. I recommend it for a casual but good lunch or dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Delightful!AstuteVIPDined on 6/26/2014We've been to Salute many times. The food is always good, as is the service, but on this particular trip the food was exceptional. We ordered Chicken Marsala, which may have been the best we ever had, and a pasta dish with calabrese sausage, broccoli rabe & cherry tomatoes. The sausage wasn't the least bit greasy. We finished with a fruit tart dessert. The view of SF is outstanding. You feel like you're on a mini-vacation.Special Features:
- excellentlove2eatDined on 6/25/2014food was very good. the calamaria appetizer was delicious, wish they gave more marinara sauce. My cousin ordered the eggplant parm, friend ordered the chix marsala and I ordered the fish special. All of our food was really good.Special Features:
- A special placeSusanDined on 6/25/2014This has been a favorite place to meet with friends for many years, and my retirement party was here. The food is very good, as is the service. Salute specializes in Italian food, but when I look out at the Bay Trail and the marina, I sometimes feel like I am in a fishing village in New England. The owner, Menbere Aklilu, is an excellent role model. She hosts dinner for the young women of the Delta Academy who do well in school, finances tuition for some girls to attend Northern Lights School in Oakland, and provides Thanksgiving dinner to dozens of families in need. (There's road construction in the area, so go to Salute's website and follow their driving directions.)Special Features:
- Nice experienceOccasionalDinerDined on 6/22/2014We chose this restaurant for a birthday brunch/lunch as much for the view as anything. The food was really good and so was the service. They even gave me a free mimosa for my birthday and put a little candle on the (very good) tirimisu dessert. In the past, I've found this place to be rather uneven in both food and service. The day we were here everything was good. The only thing we were not happy about, which is not their fault, we wanted to go for a walk along the pier afterwards but it was much to windy and cold. Maybe next time!Special Features:
- Salute to SaluteHappyDiningOutDined on 6/20/2014Salute used to be Hawthorne's. I started coming to this restaurant in the 80's. It is now Salute and sits next to the Richmond Marina with gorgeous views of the harbor and hills. I took a friend who has lived in the SF Bay area for more than 30 years and he never heard of it. It is a hidden gem for sure. Aside from the beautiful ambiance, the food is very good. Our service was first class. I love their Caesar Salad but the style of how the chicken was cooked, was a little dry for me. I know it is the style and suppose if I asked for a different style, they would accommodate me. I have never had a bad meal and always feel like I've been on vacation after I have dined at Salute.Special Features:
- food was a little boringmaria1755Dined on 6/12/2014The food could have been a bit more seasoned; it almost tasted like it didn't even have salt. We had the veal on mushroom sauce and the sole.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I have been several times and always enjoyed the food, drinks and view. This is not the first time the service has been very poor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereJaneDined on 6/4/2014Eggplant Parmesan is outstanding!!!! Nice view of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked awayManfredVIPDined on 5/31/2014Tucked away in Richmond's Marina, this Italian restaurant has great evening views of the SF Bay, delicious food, and great service. The food is more exciting than your usual Italian: carefully chosen ingredients, new tasteful combinations, and eye pleasing arrangement. A pleasure for all your senses.Special Features: