Salut Kitchen Bar
1435 E University Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85281Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Salut Kitchen Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salutkitchenbar.com/
- Phone: (480) 625-3600
- Hours of Operation:
M-Th: 11am - 11pm
Friday: 11am - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Eastin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please ask about catering options
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesdays 6-9pm
- Special Events: We are a great venue for Special events please contact us for more details
A word from Salut Kitchen Bar
Dog Friendly Patio and innovative menu items including our Hummus Nachos, Burgers, Pistachio Crusted Salmon, and Make Your Own Smore's DessertContinued
Located between the infamous Mill Avenue and Tempe Marketplace, we offer Happy Hour 7 days a week from 3-6:30 and Reverse Happy Hour 9-11pm.
Located between the infamous Mill Avenue and Tempe Marketplace, we offer Happy Hour 7 days a week from 3-6:30 and Reverse Happy Hour 9-11pm.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Salut Kitchen Bar - Best Restaurants in Tempe ›
Salut Kitchen Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (15)great for brunch (14)special occasion (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (10)romantic (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food- healthy and incredibly fresh.RoxanneDined on 11/12/2014Wednesday nights they have live music and it is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Salut for such a memorable experience.ChrisStarkDined on 11/11/2014I've been to Salut a few times and each time have had a wonderful experience. The servers are very attentive, and the food is the best around. Their craft cocktails are incredible and a great line up of craft beer. Can't wait to come back for another business lunch soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Experience, best I've had in TempeDavidfDined on 11/11/2014All I can say is wow, first the food was hands down the best I've had in a long time. I had the Pistachio Crusted Salmon and thank you chef for putting a smile on my belly. I also loved the fact that it's Dog Friendly and could bring my little 4 legged friend with me. The service was top notch. I will be back and gonna spread the word about a great locally owned place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYveeemDined on 10/29/2014Had a week-day lunch here. Really good sandwiches and salads. Wait staff friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Tapas, Wine, and Great Service!FrequentVisitorVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had been looking at this restaurant for some time on line and it did not disappoint! We had a pleasant lunch on their patio with Greg providing wonderful, attentive service! We ordered the Gluten-Free Hummus (sans Pita) with cucumbers! Outstanding flavor and presentation! We topped that off with a delicious variety of bruschetta that we chose from the menu! And chardonnay with that! A wonderful time! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I was there with a group of people for my Bday and the wine, food, and service wawas great, prices we all loved it and plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You MUST GO to Salut!!-Oct 2014BenihanaJuly192014GREATDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I had an INCREDIBLE time at Salut!! The atmosphere was lively - the waitresses were INCREDIBLE and FRIENDLY. We will go AGAIN. We're looking forward to going this weekend - hopefully we can get in because I'm SURE there's a huge crowd that tries to get in AND I'm SURE the weekends are HAPPENING there!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good happy hourverybellaDined on 9/25/2014Our server was new, and didn't know the menu or happy hour specials very well. She was very nice though. We have been here a few times before and usually love their fries, but they were very greasy and soggy on the last visit. Its a good place to catch up with friends since it is not so loud inside that you can't have a comfortable conversation. I would recommend going when its a little busier so that the food doesn't taste like it has been sitting out.Special Features:
- LOVED IT! WONDERFUL FOOD & SERVICELORIDined on 9/17/2014My first visit but certainly not my last. I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with business associates and I would highly recommend to friends, family and other business associates.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceIPAloverDined on 9/13/2014My fiancé and I ate there on Saturday night and loved it! Their craft cocktails are perfect, they have a good craft beer selection and amazing food! Even the service was great!Special Features:
- salut is a must tryjobjoDined on 9/5/2014We had wonderful service! There was 14 of us that had never been there and we left full and happy! The good was amazing, great appetizers.We had 8 different kinds of brushetta and the hummus nachos which were so amazing! Great wine list and mixed drinks.the only negative thing I could say is that it was very hot in the restaurant.So much that we complained 3 times to 3 people and they all said the manager was aware that it was uncomfortably hot but would not do anything about it. Never the less we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girl's Night Outjxv29Dined on 9/2/2014We loved the restaurant and the burgers we had were very yummy, the cocktails very good. Only problem is the location, the traffic from ASU was horrendous and we all had problems getting into the place because of the awful backups. So either go before 3 pm or wait until after 7 pm during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in TempeckNoutWineBarsDined on 8/28/2014A group of my friends met out at Salut for our monthly wine night. All of us were 1st time newcomers to this wine bar. Had an awesome evening! The food was great, you have to try the the humus nachos, they're amazing! The service was top notch! We'll definitely be goin back. They also have a dog friendly outdoor patio w/ misters for your furry family members. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but way too noisySharonDined on 8/26/2014Good food, but too too noisy and we were there for lunch, I asked for the music to be turned down, but we still had to strain to hear each other. I likely won't return unless we can dine outside where the noise level isn't as high.
- A bar trying to be a restaurantjltAZDined on 8/24/2014Upon entering we were literally glared at by some of the waitstaff until the bartender rectified the situation and greeted us with a smile. It seems to be more of a bar that is trying to do a Sunday morning thing as well as the bar menu is better developed than the food menu. There was plenty of seating at 10 am on a Sunday morning. Food was well prepared; there simply aren't a lot of choices. There is great potential here once the restaurant decides what it wants to be.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!vmo105Dined on 8/9/2014Great little gem in the heart of Tempe. Loved the service, food, and drinks. The hummus nachos were to die for. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking to get away from the local Applebee's and finding a non-chain gastropub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesDined on 8/8/2014Never been here before.. The portions were small and the food was not flavorful...The waiter was nice, but i dont think i will ever be back.
- Quality establishmentLegalBegalDined on 8/7/2014Great spot. Hidden away on University Rd. in Tempe, the wine was good, the service was fantastic and the food (tried the chef's board) was delicious. It was mid-range for pricing so come for happy hour and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a movieRickAZVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great food in a high energy environment. We enjoyed mushroom ravioli, a cheese board and shared a bacon grilled cheese sandwich ... And a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the neighborhood foodieMichelle2013Dined on 7/29/2014This is such a great find!! Delicious burgers (turkey burger....unreal AMAZING!).....pita nachos are super tasty as well! Moscow Mules are my favorite drink! The only thing we're not super crazy with...is this place can unfortunately get VERY hot in the summer for whatever reason.....but if it's a cool day (or evening, etc), this is definitely your spot!Special Features:
- First time here!DebraDined on 7/27/2014Went on a Sunday and enjoyed the 1/2 price bottle of wine special. Started with a board. It was a board! There were 5 of us. We all ordered salads. They were good but nothing I would run back for. Looking forward to my next trip to try a sandwich.Special Features:
- Very nice, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was top notch, and the service was efficient.Special Features:
- SalutDineout4sureDined on 7/25/2014Excellent menu The pistachio salmon! Yum We had some bruschetta to start The quinoa salad was also very good They serve Absinthe so be ready to have a very interesting night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Salut Kitchen Bar reviews archive.
- Great wine bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014What a wine list.. whew! Loved the tappas too! This little gem is very eclectic and warm in decor. A great place to enjoy a wine flight and great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Needed a place for small group getting together for dinner & drinks. Salut took our reservations. Great attentive service. I had a burger which was flavorful and filling. Good drinks. Pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome local bar!KashDined on 6/27/2014Definitely will be back. First time there, and they have earned a regular customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay Gluten-Free!wineNdineSanSwheatNmeatDined on 6/21/2014Perfect as a chill spot with your girlfriends, or semi-seductive spot for a romantic evening, Salut is charming and inviting. They boast a great wine & creative craft cocktail list, but the tapas are where it's at. Being highly sensitive to gluten, it was a treat to be able to enjoy bruscetta again, and that's not the only gluten-free option they have! Made me excited to be dining out again. Don't miss the fries - order 2 just to be safe ;). Can't wait to bring my dog and enjoy the outside patio for brunch or an indulgent lazy Sunday afternoon. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InTempeDined on 6/19/2014While the food was good and our drinks were continually refilled, it took more than 45 minutes for the food to be brought to us. There was nobody else in the restaurant when we ordered, so I don't know why it took so long. I had made reservations, but they were obviously not ready for us. They took us to the patio where the tables were covered with dust. We then moved inside where the tables were covered with crumbs. I wouldn't go back.
- Great but....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Great brunch but SEVERELY lacking in the "unch" part of the word/concept. I've never seen a brunch menu with only breakfast, That's a breakfast menu. Maybe a few sandwhiches and a burgerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAndreaDined on 6/6/2014I have been to Salut Kitchen Bar a few times, each was a good experience. Staff has always been very friendly, the food is always good, and the atmosphere is nice (particularity on the patio). I strongly recommend visiting the restaurant during happy hour otherwise the food is a bit over priced. The hummus nachos are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourHeidiDined on 6/6/2014Food & service was great but it was too HOT & the sun was in our eyes. Our server was very attentive & kept our water glasses full. We drinks lots of water with our wine so this was very important. The food was great, especially the malbec burger. We had a party of 13 people for happy hour but we all complained of being hot & sweaty plus there was no sun shade to block the sun from our eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicefoodsnobDined on 5/29/2014My family and I ate at Salut for my brothers 25th birthday. When I made the reservations, I left a note in the requests asking them to embarrass him. After dinner two of the servers brought out a little pink birthday hat and cake and candle and sang happy birthday in both english and spanish. The service exceeded my expectations, the food is great, fantastic drinks (try the lavender one), and the patio is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intentions Good, But Fell ShortTammyHVIPDined on 5/24/2014Tried during restaurant week. Made reservations, arrived a few minutes early. Decided to have a drink at the bar. Hostess said she had a table they were getting ready on the patio for us. After 10 minutes we checked back in with the hostess and were told "they gave our table away". We ended us sitting inside. After we ordered, we waited and waited for our cocktails. They never came. We finally asked someone walking by and received the 1st apology and got our drinks shortly after. Then, 1 appetizer came out. The other never did. We asked and received our 2nd apology. The app showed up and were given complimentary shots & a coupon for 1 to come back for free app. 3rd apology came with the cold fries. Not a good 1st visit but will try again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/21/2014Tapas and desserts were great. Main dishes were so so.Special Features:
- Culinary (and pet friendly) OasisdoggiedinerDined on 5/17/2014Salut is the best new gastro patio pub in Tempe. Their Malbec Burger is the BEST burger in Phoenix. Taste it's juicy, sweet and savory goodness just once and your cravings will call you back to this culinary (and pet friendly) oasis. Also a wonderful option for brunch, try the CT Crunch Chicken and Waffles! The chef has a daring and sophisticated pallet, expect to enjoy your entree favorites like burgers and bruschetta with a delicious new flavors. Finally, don't miss the handcrafted cocktails. They use fresh juices and premium spirits, one of the best on the rocks margaritas you'll find in AZ. This is a great place to bring a date or friends/family, and don't forget your furry friends too!Special Features:
- Celebrating special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014I booked my reservation online and was very happy. They listened to my special request, the staff was very attentive and the food was great. They paid special attention to my Mother who is in her 80's and my college age kids loved the food and bar choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salut Kitchen ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014We had our first visit to this restaurant this week for our daughter's graduation. The food was excellent, table was great, and the service was also great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great New PlacePreviouslyAtASUDined on 5/15/2014Everything about this place is awesome. The service has never been less than stellar. The food is really good, especially for many of my picky friends. The wine list is long enough to please anyone, and they even have Rolling Rock on tap for me. The ambiance is like nothing else in Tempe, and they're open decently late. It's quieter than the hectic pace on Mill, but always just crowded enough to be energetic. In particular, on one occasion we had particularly amazing service from one of the servers on a Saturday night. Iulia's recommendations for dinner and wine were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KF13Dined on 5/11/2014Although the venue was very nice the food was not. The potatoes at brunch were not fresh but frozen. Wish the food had been fresh.Special Features:
- Good HH and appsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Salut seems to excel in apps and their cocktails/wine options. My dinner (Malbec burger and Cobb salad) was less than stellar, but I really enjoyed my appetizer options (procuitto-wrapped melon and caprese).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.