Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
917 Grand Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salutbaramericain.com/
- Phone: 6519172345x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul does not accept reservations for Patio seating. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Leonhardi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site private dining is available for groups up to 50. Please call Larissa LaMere at 651.917.2345 for details.
- Special Events: Join the Parasole Dining Club. It's free and more rewarding than ever! http://www.parasole.com/diningclub/
- Cross Street: Milton Avenue
- Public Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Off-street, residential parking on surrounding streets is also available, but please be aware of parking restrictions. Grand Avenue meter parking is free after 6pm. The parking lot next to Salut is free, but space is extremely limited. Please obey all signage within that lot. Call for valet parking hours.
A word from Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul is the brasserie down the block. Warm and welcoming, with an urbane wit and urban sensibility, it’s an afternoon hangout and an evening refuge. It’s your neighbor with a French accent. The setting evokes a classic Parisian bistro/restaurant. The service is spirited, confident and capably executed. And the cooking captures the freshness and hearty flavor of French cuisine. It’s the vibe inside that sets Salut apart from bowing maitre ‘d’s and sniffing sommeliers. From the welcoming wine list, to the playful décor, to the genial buzz in the dining room, Salut celebrates the French restaurant’s essential qualities while dispensing with the exclusionary ones. It demystifies French food by making it accessible and rewarding while poking fun at the stereotypes that surround it. In this sense, Salut is a dual citizen: Authentically French! Book the Le Grand Boeuf family-style feast, serving 8-10 people. Call Liz Jobe to make your reservation 651.917.2345.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (134)neighborhood gem (88)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (60)great for lunch (59)good for groups (50)great for brunch (47)romantic (35)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (17)hot spot (15)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- We had a great eveningDebiVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food and service were both exceptional. We enjoyed beverages from the bar, and both of us had very different meals that were so good. I love Salut! It is one of my "go to" spaces for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great patio!HardToPleaseDined on 9/16/2014If you're looking for a lovely lunch spot on a warm, sunny day this is the place!Special Features:
- good timesdineSaintPaulDined on 9/14/2014Met with friends, having asked for quiet table. Worked out very well. Attentive but not intrusive server and really tasty food. Good place for a no-rush conversation. The fish dishes were particularly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knick2Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service. We were warmly greeted and service was quiet, unassuming, and prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- The Best Brunchjenna777Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant has the best brunch I've ever had. Their creamy hash is to die for! One of these days I'll have to go there for more then just brunch.Special Features:
- newbieDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful place for brunch on the weekend. Choice of breakfast and/or lunch menu. Fabulous food. Loved the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Late night dinnerMikeMcDined on 9/12/2014One of the things we look for is a late night restaurant that is open after 10:30 AND which still offer good food and excellent service. Salut has always been this way and this visit was the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2014Salut is my go-to place; never a complaint about the food. The waitress this time was distracted it seemed, but overall she was prompt and efficient. That's an anomaly for Salut. Can't get enough of the Bearnaise sauce for the fries! Come check it out?Special Features:
- Very Nice experience except hostessLackingServiceDined on 9/7/2014Had a great experience except when I first arrived. The hostess was horrible and rude. She almost made me leave. I have never had so much attitude from one person in my life. She was very short with me and made a point to not answer my question, she just ignored me and helped the next person behind me. I didn't let her ruin my brunch and the rest of the staff was great. the waitress was amazing and very informative. all in all a good experience. Would have been a great experience if the hostess was not thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patioSusanVIPDined on 9/7/2014Table on the patio. Omelette and croissants for brunch. Smiling and efficient waitress. What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrejanebeDined on 9/5/2014I've been to Salut often. This was the worst experience I had. The waitress was short & not very friendly; she was inattentive, never asked if we needed anything more, never asked if I wanted another drink, etc. The salad I had seemed to have no dressing on it. I won't rush to return.
- ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Had a great waiter--very friendly and helpful. Food was good, fast and service was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceJuliasMomDined on 8/31/2014I was disappointed in the service we experienced when we went to Salut for our anniversary. Even though I had let them know we were celebrating, no one mentioned it the entire time we were there. Instead, our server complained she was working a double shift, could not remember the specials, and was generally inattentive. Food was great, and for a casual meal I'd visit again, but for our next special occasion we'll go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousPassingThroughDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed a fabulous meal with great service from Kyle! Four of us different tastes yet aquite satisfied. Hangar steak by far the favorite item ordered but burgers & pasta enjoyable as well! Will definitely go back when in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandpaDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for a good Fench style meal at a reasonable price and we got it.Special Features:
- Lunch menu fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014I usually have the daily quiche special for lunch, however I had the Leetle Beeg Mac this time around and it was a perfect size plate for lunch! Of course, you have to get the pommes frites, they are the best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great service--attentive but not hovering--informative and gracious.Special Features:
- Not at their bestfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/24/2014I've eaten at Salut Bar many times. The last visit they were off their game. Took forever for drinks to arrive. Ditto the appetizers. Then we sat at the table with dirty dishes for a long time. Then got rushed through the rest of the meal. The server's excuse was, "My station is really full tonight." A manager offered to comp the desserts but the server then brought an outdated menu offering items that weren't available. The hanger steak is great, but the experience left a bad taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it could be.SaraDined on 8/24/2014I had a chicken club and you couldn't eat it. Chicken was cold and solid, tomato slid out, bacon was cold and stiff with no taste, bun was solid. Just not a pleasant experience. A good restaurant should know that this sandwhich doesn't work. People who had toast that was cold and dry. Why does that need to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, spiced right!James7777777Dined on 8/20/2014Great service and food here at Salut. The sauces used here unlike anything I have eaten before. I had the Wednesday walleye special. SUPERB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTableStupidNicknameVIPDined on 8/18/2014Both Salut locations have very good food and polished service. The St. Paul location has (in my opinion) a more laid back vibe, and also a much bigger outdoor patio. What this location really needs to do is form a coalition with other businesses on the block to find better parking solutions. Half of the spaces in the large lot behind the restaurant are now reserved until 7pm for a dentist office... it's ridiculous having to drive around for 10 minutes just to find a spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Sunday BrunchChriskVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food is consistently good and nicely priced. We have come for both brunch and dinner and it is always a great experience.Special Features:
- nice placecellinaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was great and the out door was great. We enjoyed so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/14/2014Salut has a terrific happy hour. Service can be inconsistent but overall quality is goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSusanVIPDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful outdoor dining. Wide range of menu choices. Good service. Hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Slow DeclineApottVIPDined on 8/10/2014Salut's slow decline since its opening years ago remains evident. We practically begged our waitress to take our order before she became inexplicably absent yet again. The shrimp and salmon salad, my favorite menu item, has been losing ingredients over time and was prepared with evident carelessness. The only saving grace are the French fries, but watch out- these are often small scraps from the bottom of the deep fryer!Special Features:
- Love it for brunch.SupperClubFanaticDined on 8/10/2014Oysters on the half-shell....outstanding. Mimosa.....outstanding. Quiche.....outstanding. Server.....outstanding. Sitting outside and watching the people stroll by on Grand.....such a great way to enjoy brunch.Special Features:
- A personal favorite.jgoaksDined on 8/9/2014I love French food. This is one of the best french restaurants in town. Great atmosphere and the staff is awesome. I have been here several times with my wife and its definatly one of our go to places. We have had breakfast, the quiche is wonderful. We've had dinner here and the duck a la orange is awesome. We have always had a great experience when dining here. We even had our wedding reception here in the back room. Very memerable.Special Features:
- Patio dining is great!CindyDined on 8/7/2014We had a group of 5 and wanted to enjoy the nice weather and sit outside. It was worth the short wait for a patio table. The service was great, the server was attentive but not hovering over us. The fries and Bearnaise sauce were up to their great standards here, they are really a "must order" item. Everyone was happy with their meal, especially the lemon tart!Special Features:
- Disappointing FoodCliffDined on 8/6/2014Pasta dinner was fine. Walleye not as good. Wine was nice.Special Features:
- Superior ServiceDKisbyDined on 8/2/2014This was our 4th time dining at Salut. While there isn't a huge menu, there doesn't need to be - everything is excellent. What set this trip apart for us was our server Diana. She was absolutely wonderful. She was personable and professional at the same time. She took the time to listen and never made us feel rushed. We'll be back again soon - and we'll request Diana to be our server. Salut - keep doing things right!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We very much enjoyed the food, the experience, and our wait person was excellent! I apologize, I cannot remember her name, but she was a gem. I have been there a few times and do enjoy the atmosphere and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayCelebrationDined on 7/28/2014Exceptional service. Chef brought out the appetizer himself and explained the ingredients. Waitress provided great recommendations, and when the kitchen made an error in our order, the waitress provided my wife with the extra scallops at no charge. Made the evening a very memorable one for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neibourhood GemKinniburghDined on 7/27/2014Lovely evening to sit outside on the Patio - great food, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Sat on patioNonicknameDined on 7/26/2014Date night with hubby! He had great burger, I had croque madam sandwich. Both yummy. Happy and efficient service. What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A St. Paul FavoriteAMPAMFDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I went to Salut on the recommendation of a friend almost a year ago, and that was enough to make it a regular stop every time we take a trip to the Cities. The wait staff are amazing and knowledgeable, the food is always amazing, the ambiance is perfect for either a nice, romantic dinner or a gathering with friends, and the prices are good for the quality and quantity of food you get. Granted, we've always ordered the filet - with the exception of our first trip there, when I ordered the Lobster Thermadore - but we've ordered it with different accompaniments and have always been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, personal, serviceTriaNorhOaksDined on 7/26/2014The good food, good wine and good company was enhanced by great, personal, service provided by our server. The atmosphere was perfect for getting together with old friends and making new ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations!BigBowlEnthusiastVIPDined on 7/19/2014I went out to lunch and was so impressed not only by my meal but also by the children's menu available! My 1 yr old son had the ham and cheese crepe and it was outstanding. Our server even rushed my son's order so his lunch came out first to satisfy his rumbling tummy. I have enjoyed many delicious meals at Salut. But this is the first time I have dined there with my son and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointinghtgreylordDined on 7/19/2014Disappointing food, unacceptable service.... not at all the usual Salut experience. The Pommes Frites, usually superb and served with Bearnaise, appeared to be remnants scraped from the bottom of the fry pan: tiny, brown, and beyond crisp...to simply charred. And ketchup is not a substitute for Bearnaise. The waitress was snotty, and seemed to get to all her tables but ours, so I gave up the notion of asking for different fries and Bearnaise. The rest of the food was uninspiring, and arrived in two shifts, so 1/2 the party waited with cooling food until the other two orders came. Getting separate checks was a big deal, and paying with separate CCs really perturbed the server.Special Features:
- Great Nite!DannyDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife an I had a great night at Salut. The waitress was exceptional to match the food. Had a bottle of wine with an extended dinner. Leaving 4 kids at home made this dinner a winner and a memory that will last a while.Special Features: