Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
917 Grand Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salutbaramericain.com/
- Phone: 6519172345x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul does not accept reservations for Patio seating. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Leonhardi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site private dining is available for groups up to 50. Please call Larissa LaMere at 651.917.2345 for details.
- Special Events: Join the Parasole Dining Club. It's free and more rewarding than ever! http://www.parasole.com/diningclub/
- Cross Street: Milton Avenue
- Public Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Off-street, residential parking on surrounding streets is also available, but please be aware of parking restrictions. Grand Avenue meter parking is free after 6pm. The parking lot next to Salut is free, but space is extremely limited. Please obey all signage within that lot. Call for valet parking hours.
A word from Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul is the brasserie down the block. Warm and welcoming, with an urbane wit and urban sensibility, it’s an afternoon hangout and an evening refuge. It’s your neighbor with a French accent. The setting evokes a classic Parisian bistro/restaurant. The service is spirited, confident and capably executed. And the cooking captures the freshness and hearty flavor of French cuisine. It’s the vibe inside that sets Salut apart from bowing maitre ‘d’s and sniffing sommeliers. From the welcoming wine list, to the playful décor, to the genial buzz in the dining room, Salut celebrates the French restaurant’s essential qualities while dispensing with the exclusionary ones. It demystifies French food by making it accessible and rewarding while poking fun at the stereotypes that surround it. In this sense, Salut is a dual citizen: Authentically French! Book the Le Grand Boeuf family-style feast, serving 8-10 people. Call Liz Jobe to make your reservation 651.917.2345.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (120)neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (67)special occasion (60)great for lunch (54)great for brunch (46)good for groups (46)romantic (26)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great tasting food & varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I was treating French client and liked the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014we've eaten here many times and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FlychickDined on 10/19/2014Had Brunch on Sunday. Sat at the bar and had great service with some awesome recommendations from our server. Highly recommend. Great seafood!Special Features:
- what a reliefwandererDined on 10/18/2014we were so tired after 2 days of teaching and went for dinner. The waiter nurtured us, the food was delicious, fresh and perfect. I really appreciated all the aspects of a restaurant able to accommodate us and transform a hungry, exhausted group into a feeling the support of what the world can bring.
- Did not appreciate recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The actual dish I ordered was not available that night. OK, no big deal, stuff happens. I ask the waitress for a recommendation, she comes back with a cut-rate spaghetti dish, in a French restaurant. I can make something better in my own kitchen, guess next time I will and skip this disaster of a restaurant. Almost ruined my night, thank the Gods that Billy's was a block away and I could drink that memory away. The French have let down America again.
- What Berrie's...SafariRomanticDined on 9/28/2014Indeed I counted 4 berries on my so called brioche french toast D.. hmmm seriously I can get better french toast for under $9 dollars vs. a whopping $12. However the salmon Omelet was excellent, most - rich - and good amount of smoked salmon A+ Overall a great brunch experiences, just make sure you are getting special items vs. like myself the poorly executed french toast. BTW their normal Bloody-mary mix is spice, its awesome but be warned :-)Special Features:
- ServicebirthdayDined on 9/27/2014I have always had a good dining experience at this restaurant. The past two weeks I have had the same waiter and service was very poor. He forgot things, left table for up to 30 mins before returning and was wrong on his description of one of the specials.Special Features:
- Service great, food okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Walleye was below average, pork flat iron was undercooked, apps were great.
- When in St. PaulJoeIIIVIPDined on 9/24/2014Whenever we visit St. Paul, Salut is on our calendar. If we are there for a few days, we visit multiple times. Brung from Charleston, SC where there is an abundance of ultra fine restaurants, we know how to appreciate fine establishments. Salut fits the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sea FoodHappydinnerDined on 9/22/2014The place was clean and welcoming. very nice deck area on the outside. Good Happy Hour place. The service was slow and inattentive. When I got a cup of coffee after dinner, it was warm not hot. The wait staff told us they were short of staff, but the place was not that busy at the time. The food was wonderful, but a bit expensive.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed Sunday brunch with French inspired menu items and ambiance. Great coffee and very tasty food. Not a run-of-the-mill menu but an interesting and mouth-watering selection. Excellent service. Definitely returning for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and our waitress was awesome! She was so energetic and personable plus helpful and very intuitive. She also brought us a special anniversary dessert. Such a delightful evening. Our food was delicious.Special Features:
- another timedickgDined on 9/20/2014Salut has such good vibes that we visit on a regular basisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little Paris in MinnesotaDahBoyzDined on 9/19/2014I love the food and the atmosphere...right down to the baguettes and salty butter. I even love the water bottles. Just like all those wonderful memories of eating in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fries!hungryDined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Salut. We were surprised by happy hour $5 glasses of decent wine. My chicken special seemed to have too sweet a sauce. Other entrees were fine. Two of four desserts were sent back, but the other two were great.Special Features:
- We had a great eveningDebiVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food and service were both exceptional. We enjoyed beverages from the bar, and both of us had very different meals that were so good. I love Salut! It is one of my "go to" spaces for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great patio!HardToPleaseDined on 9/16/2014If you're looking for a lovely lunch spot on a warm, sunny day this is the place!Special Features:
- good timesdineSaintPaulDined on 9/14/2014Met with friends, having asked for quiet table. Worked out very well. Attentive but not intrusive server and really tasty food. Good place for a no-rush conversation. The fish dishes were particularly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knick2Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service. We were warmly greeted and service was quiet, unassuming, and prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- The Best Brunchjenna777Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant has the best brunch I've ever had. Their creamy hash is to die for! One of these days I'll have to go there for more then just brunch.Special Features:
- newbieDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful place for brunch on the weekend. Choice of breakfast and/or lunch menu. Fabulous food. Loved the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Late night dinnerMikeMcDined on 9/12/2014One of the things we look for is a late night restaurant that is open after 10:30 AND which still offer good food and excellent service. Salut has always been this way and this visit was the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2014Salut is my go-to place; never a complaint about the food. The waitress this time was distracted it seemed, but overall she was prompt and efficient. That's an anomaly for Salut. Can't get enough of the Bearnaise sauce for the fries! Come check it out?Special Features:
- Very Nice experience except hostessLackingServiceDined on 9/7/2014Had a great experience except when I first arrived. The hostess was horrible and rude. She almost made me leave. I have never had so much attitude from one person in my life. She was very short with me and made a point to not answer my question, she just ignored me and helped the next person behind me. I didn't let her ruin my brunch and the rest of the staff was great. the waitress was amazing and very informative. all in all a good experience. Would have been a great experience if the hostess was not thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patioSusanVIPDined on 9/7/2014Table on the patio. Omelette and croissants for brunch. Smiling and efficient waitress. What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrejanebeDined on 9/5/2014I've been to Salut often. This was the worst experience I had. The waitress was short & not very friendly; she was inattentive, never asked if we needed anything more, never asked if I wanted another drink, etc. The salad I had seemed to have no dressing on it. I won't rush to return.
- ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Had a great waiter--very friendly and helpful. Food was good, fast and service was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceJuliasMomDined on 8/31/2014I was disappointed in the service we experienced when we went to Salut for our anniversary. Even though I had let them know we were celebrating, no one mentioned it the entire time we were there. Instead, our server complained she was working a double shift, could not remember the specials, and was generally inattentive. Food was great, and for a casual meal I'd visit again, but for our next special occasion we'll go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousPassingThroughDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed a fabulous meal with great service from Kyle! Four of us different tastes yet aquite satisfied. Hangar steak by far the favorite item ordered but burgers & pasta enjoyable as well! Will definitely go back when in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandpaDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for a good Fench style meal at a reasonable price and we got it.Special Features:
- Lunch menu fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014I usually have the daily quiche special for lunch, however I had the Leetle Beeg Mac this time around and it was a perfect size plate for lunch! Of course, you have to get the pommes frites, they are the best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great service--attentive but not hovering--informative and gracious.Special Features:
- Not at their bestfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/24/2014I've eaten at Salut Bar many times. The last visit they were off their game. Took forever for drinks to arrive. Ditto the appetizers. Then we sat at the table with dirty dishes for a long time. Then got rushed through the rest of the meal. The server's excuse was, "My station is really full tonight." A manager offered to comp the desserts but the server then brought an outdated menu offering items that weren't available. The hanger steak is great, but the experience left a bad taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it could be.SaraDined on 8/24/2014I had a chicken club and you couldn't eat it. Chicken was cold and solid, tomato slid out, bacon was cold and stiff with no taste, bun was solid. Just not a pleasant experience. A good restaurant should know that this sandwhich doesn't work. People who had toast that was cold and dry. Why does that need to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, spiced right!James7777777Dined on 8/20/2014Great service and food here at Salut. The sauces used here unlike anything I have eaten before. I had the Wednesday walleye special. SUPERB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTableStupidNicknameVIPDined on 8/18/2014Both Salut locations have very good food and polished service. The St. Paul location has (in my opinion) a more laid back vibe, and also a much bigger outdoor patio. What this location really needs to do is form a coalition with other businesses on the block to find better parking solutions. Half of the spaces in the large lot behind the restaurant are now reserved until 7pm for a dentist office... it's ridiculous having to drive around for 10 minutes just to find a spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Sunday BrunchChriskVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food is consistently good and nicely priced. We have come for both brunch and dinner and it is always a great experience.Special Features:
- nice placecellinaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was great and the out door was great. We enjoyed so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/14/2014Salut has a terrific happy hour. Service can be inconsistent but overall quality is goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSusanVIPDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful outdoor dining. Wide range of menu choices. Good service. Hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.