Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
917 Grand Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salutbaramericain.com/
- Phone: 6519172345x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul does not accept reservations for Patio seating. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Leonhardi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site private dining is available for groups up to 50. Please call Larissa LaMere at 651.917.2345 for details.
- Special Events: Join the Parasole Dining Club. It's free and more rewarding than ever! http://www.parasole.com/diningclub/
- Cross Street: Milton Avenue
- Public Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Off-street, residential parking on surrounding streets is also available, but please be aware of parking restrictions. Grand Avenue meter parking is free after 6pm. The parking lot next to Salut is free, but space is extremely limited. Please obey all signage within that lot. Call for valet parking hours.
A word from Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul is the brasserie down the block. Warm and welcoming, with an urbane wit and urban sensibility, it’s an afternoon hangout and an evening refuge. It’s your neighbor with a French accent. The setting evokes a classic Parisian bistro/restaurant. The service is spirited, confident and capably executed. And the cooking captures the freshness and hearty flavor of French cuisine. It’s the vibe inside that sets Salut apart from bowing maitre ‘d’s and sniffing sommeliers. From the welcoming wine list, to the playful décor, to the genial buzz in the dining room, Salut celebrates the French restaurant’s essential qualities while dispensing with the exclusionary ones. It demystifies French food by making it accessible and rewarding while poking fun at the stereotypes that surround it. In this sense, Salut is a dual citizen: Authentically French! Book the Le Grand Boeuf family-style feast, serving 8-10 people. Call Liz Jobe to make your reservation 651.917.2345.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (134)neighborhood gem (87)special occasion (66)great for lunch (64)fit for foodies (62)great for brunch (52)good for groups (49)romantic (36)kid-friendly (27)hot spot (14)notable wine list (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014I was disappointed in the service we experienced when we went to Salut for our anniversary. Even though I had let them know we were celebrating, no one mentioned it the entire time we were there. Instead, our server complained she was working a double shift, could not remember the specials, and was generally inattentive. Food was great, and for a casual meal I'd visit again, but for our next special occasion we'll go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed a fabulous meal with great service from Kyle! Four of us different tastes yet aquite satisfied. Hangar steak by far the favorite item ordered but burgers & pasta enjoyable as well! Will definitely go back when in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandpaDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for a good Fench style meal at a reasonable price and we got it.Special Features:
- Lunch menu fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014I usually have the daily quiche special for lunch, however I had the Leetle Beeg Mac this time around and it was a perfect size plate for lunch! Of course, you have to get the pommes frites, they are the best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great service--attentive but not hovering--informative and gracious.Special Features:
- Not at their bestfoodforthoughtDined on 8/24/2014I've eaten at Salut Bar many times. The last visit they were off their game. Took forever for drinks to arrive. Ditto the appetizers. Then we sat at the table with dirty dishes for a long time. Then got rushed through the rest of the meal. The server's excuse was, "My station is really full tonight." A manager offered to comp the desserts but the server then brought an outdated menu offering items that weren't available. The hanger steak is great, but the experience left a bad taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it could be.SaraDined on 8/24/2014I had a chicken club and you couldn't eat it. Chicken was cold and solid, tomato slid out, bacon was cold and stiff with no taste, bun was solid. Just not a pleasant experience. A good restaurant should know that this sandwhich doesn't work. People who had toast that was cold and dry. Why does that need to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, spiced right!James7777777Dined on 8/20/2014Great service and food here at Salut. The sauces used here unlike anything I have eaten before. I had the Wednesday walleye special. SUPERB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTableStupidNicknameVIPDined on 8/18/2014Both Salut locations have very good food and polished service. The St. Paul location has (in my opinion) a more laid back vibe, and also a much bigger outdoor patio. What this location really needs to do is form a coalition with other businesses on the block to find better parking solutions. Half of the spaces in the large lot behind the restaurant are now reserved until 7pm for a dentist office... it's ridiculous having to drive around for 10 minutes just to find a spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Sunday BrunchChriskVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food is consistently good and nicely priced. We have come for both brunch and dinner and it is always a great experience.Special Features:
- nice placecellinaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was great and the out door was great. We enjoyed so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/14/2014Salut has a terrific happy hour. Service can be inconsistent but overall quality is goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSusanDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful outdoor dining. Wide range of menu choices. Good service. Hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Slow DeclineApottVIPDined on 8/10/2014Salut's slow decline since its opening years ago remains evident. We practically begged our waitress to take our order before she became inexplicably absent yet again. The shrimp and salmon salad, my favorite menu item, has been losing ingredients over time and was prepared with evident carelessness. The only saving grace are the French fries, but watch out- these are often small scraps from the bottom of the deep fryer!Special Features:
- Love it for brunch.SupperClubFanaticDined on 8/10/2014Oysters on the half-shell....outstanding. Mimosa.....outstanding. Quiche.....outstanding. Server.....outstanding. Sitting outside and watching the people stroll by on Grand.....such a great way to enjoy brunch.Special Features:
- A personal favorite.jgoaksDined on 8/9/2014I love French food. This is one of the best french restaurants in town. Great atmosphere and the staff is awesome. I have been here several times with my wife and its definatly one of our go to places. We have had breakfast, the quiche is wonderful. We've had dinner here and the duck a la orange is awesome. We have always had a great experience when dining here. We even had our wedding reception here in the back room. Very memerable.Special Features:
- Patio dining is great!CindyDined on 8/7/2014We had a group of 5 and wanted to enjoy the nice weather and sit outside. It was worth the short wait for a patio table. The service was great, the server was attentive but not hovering over us. The fries and Bearnaise sauce were up to their great standards here, they are really a "must order" item. Everyone was happy with their meal, especially the lemon tart!Special Features:
- Disappointing FoodCliffDined on 8/6/2014Pasta dinner was fine. Walleye not as good. Wine was nice.Special Features:
- Superior ServiceDKisbyDined on 8/2/2014This was our 4th time dining at Salut. While there isn't a huge menu, there doesn't need to be - everything is excellent. What set this trip apart for us was our server Diana. She was absolutely wonderful. She was personable and professional at the same time. She took the time to listen and never made us feel rushed. We'll be back again soon - and we'll request Diana to be our server. Salut - keep doing things right!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We very much enjoyed the food, the experience, and our wait person was excellent! I apologize, I cannot remember her name, but she was a gem. I have been there a few times and do enjoy the atmosphere and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayCelebrationDined on 7/28/2014Exceptional service. Chef brought out the appetizer himself and explained the ingredients. Waitress provided great recommendations, and when the kitchen made an error in our order, the waitress provided my wife with the extra scallops at no charge. Made the evening a very memorable one for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neibourhood GemKinniburghDined on 7/27/2014Lovely evening to sit outside on the Patio - great food, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Sat on patioNonicknameDined on 7/26/2014Date night with hubby! He had great burger, I had croque madam sandwich. Both yummy. Happy and efficient service. What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A St. Paul FavoriteAMPAMFDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I went to Salut on the recommendation of a friend almost a year ago, and that was enough to make it a regular stop every time we take a trip to the Cities. The wait staff are amazing and knowledgeable, the food is always amazing, the ambiance is perfect for either a nice, romantic dinner or a gathering with friends, and the prices are good for the quality and quantity of food you get. Granted, we've always ordered the filet - with the exception of our first trip there, when I ordered the Lobster Thermadore - but we've ordered it with different accompaniments and have always been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, personal, serviceTriaNorhOaksDined on 7/26/2014The good food, good wine and good company was enhanced by great, personal, service provided by our server. The atmosphere was perfect for getting together with old friends and making new ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations!BigBowlEnthusiastVIPDined on 7/19/2014I went out to lunch and was so impressed not only by my meal but also by the children's menu available! My 1 yr old son had the ham and cheese crepe and it was outstanding. Our server even rushed my son's order so his lunch came out first to satisfy his rumbling tummy. I have enjoyed many delicious meals at Salut. But this is the first time I have dined there with my son and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointinghtgreylordDined on 7/19/2014Disappointing food, unacceptable service.... not at all the usual Salut experience. The Pommes Frites, usually superb and served with Bearnaise, appeared to be remnants scraped from the bottom of the fry pan: tiny, brown, and beyond crisp...to simply charred. And ketchup is not a substitute for Bearnaise. The waitress was snotty, and seemed to get to all her tables but ours, so I gave up the notion of asking for different fries and Bearnaise. The rest of the food was uninspiring, and arrived in two shifts, so 1/2 the party waited with cooling food until the other two orders came. Getting separate checks was a big deal, and paying with separate CCs really perturbed the server.Special Features:
- Great Nite!DannyDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife an I had a great night at Salut. The waitress was exceptional to match the food. Had a bottle of wine with an extended dinner. Leaving 4 kids at home made this dinner a winner and a memory that will last a while.Special Features:
- erickonfireOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014It was a great place to have dinner at the patio on a nice evening! The food was excellent and so is the ambiance. We will definitely come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and tasty foodrdm9Dined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed a tapas dinner between 3 people which was perfect for us. The prices were reasonable and most of what we had was very good. The only item we didn't care for was not charged to our bill! Afterward we split a delicious chocolate cake. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful with answering questions we had about the menu. We will definitely visit again if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!DinerDined on 7/15/2014This was our first visit to Salut and we found it very enjoyable. We sat out on the patio, which was very pretty and comfortable. We both had the quiche of the day which came with salad & bread. It was delicious. Our server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner on the patiodebbaDined on 7/13/20144 of us sat outside on a beautiful Sunday evening. Our waiter reminded us that it was still happy hour, presented us with the happy hour menu and with the normal one. We ordered some things from each menu. We loved everything we got... the sliders from the happy hour menu, the chicken cobb salad and the scallops were all excellent. It's a great setting and a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemTrueheartDined on 7/12/2014I am moving to the neighborhood and a local friend had brought me there for oysters, champagne and girl time. Delicious food and lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited an HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We sat inside as it would be quicker than waiting for the patio. Waited 15 min just for our waitress to take our drink order. Were there for an hour before our food came because they lost the ticket. Food was average.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining at its bestChuckVDWVIPDined on 7/9/2014Fabulous patio, great service and above average food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate insideStarvinMarvinDined on 7/9/2014Preferred the air conditioning and privacy at lunch - we sat inside Outside with the sun - patio had sewer / beer on sidewalk odor-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salut is Magnifique, Toujours!Hard2PleaseVeganDined on 7/9/2014I've been to Salut before, most recently for lunch on a weekday. Though crowded, everything was up to Salut's usual standards: magnifique! We ate on the patio, and though it was crowded and bustling, the service was great and we never felt bothered by the din of the other diners. The food was terrific, as it consistently is at Salut. My friend had the French Onion soup and loved it. I had a mini garden vegetable burger (minus the mayo), French fries, and fantastic fresh-squeezed lemonade. The garden burger was so delicious, I actually asked our attentive and very good server if he was sure it was a veggie burger! It was very moist and full of flavor. The French fries were done the Parisian way, very thinly sliced and salted perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant all aroundElwoodDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good and service was excellent. Friendly and efficient servers. Will come back again and recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantMugsyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food and service are both very good. I had the florentine Benedict and it was delicious. Great patio setting as well.Special Features:
- Love the happy hourAnnTDined on 6/27/2014Love to go with a group and order happy order appetizers - especially the tartareSpecial Features: